✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

https://mydramalist.com/34027-mung-bean-chronicles

Argh why Kim So Hyun.. I can't stand her acting is the same in everything.. she like the Kristen Stewart of Korea actresses.”

this comment triggers me, really!?! Out of every Korean actress you could target, you target versatile so Hyun? So Hyun, the one that could play antagonist roles as easy as protagonist roles? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 9:21 PM, angrytomato said:

@elan1, I'm not talking about helpless crying but lack of intelligence. OK, saving the 12 yo girl was an impulsive act, but before that she was about to kill the King of Joseon (!). And no plans of escape, no explanations... just staying there, blank, just waiting to be executed (not before a long and nasty torture session, I guess)

IMHO, based on the character description.. DDJ only have one mission. To kill the King as a revenge for killing all her family and relatives so she doesn't have any more grudges.. Her mission accomplished and I think her act of crying that beautifully dropped and disappearing the swords just bring another meaning she's done and that, it is enough. Nothing to do anymore and she doesn't even care about the consequences. She even leaves her will. :D but yes, still no Plan B whatsover too. 

BTW, this is too early to judge everything and I wish that for next episodes we will have more ground of DDJ backstory. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

57 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Argh why Kim So Hyun.. I can't stand her acting is the same in everything.. she like the Kristen Stewart of Korea actresses.”

this comment triggers me, really!?! Out of every Korean actress you could target, you target versatile so Hyun? So Hyun, the one that could play antagonist roles as easy as protagonist roles? 

Dear, this is the same old trope. 

There are many choices of drama and even now we have another 2 saeguk drama that currently airing together with TTON and why bother to watch Sohyun if she's just the same in everything. :lol:

I can't help but ignored this kind of comments. Our Sohyun maybe lacking here and there but she's improving day by day. Her hardworks are shown in her works and she's never claimed she's the best. She always saying that each work brings her new experiences and thoughts. 

So let's grab the popcorns and don't forget to stream TTON tonight. B)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@elan1, first rule of hating in the world of internet and social networks is: every celebrity must have haters. And the more successful and famous the celebrity is, the more haters he/she has. Plus, there are still some fans of the-other-actress-the-same-age-and-the-same-surname (which I consider a great professional and really pretty) that couldn't let pass the fact that Sso is admired and universally labelled as one of the best young actresses nowadays.

So: just ignore them.

@faye406, you are right. I was just fearing that the script would go that way. I'll put my confidence in the writers. They've showed they can avoid the usual tropes (e.g. it seems the "legitimate heir" to the throne is someone different that the one we guessed at first).

I don't want to watch the raw episodes, but I know I'm going to watch them :sweatingbullets:

Edit: just watched raw. And kdrama gods have listened to me: DDJ did not stay quiet in front of a sword, but spoke her mind. I don't know what she said, but looks promising.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun ended save each other on 'The Tale of Nokdu'.

8393f16ecb48be0067bb3aaa1f0eb8a7.jpg

(+48,-1) Let's go for Best Couple awards!

(+37,0) It was so fun yesterday, I feel they're doing a good job in romance comedy.

(+22,-2) It's like Jang Dongyoon's top star~

(+12,0) Its so funny.

(+2,0) It's a lot more fun than Arthdal.

(+1,0) Kim Sohyun and Jang Dongyoon's chemistry ㅠㅠㅠ  Besides of that, the other actors and actresses have great acting skill

https://www.storykpop.com/2019/10/jang-dongyoon-and-kim-sohyun-ended-save.html

âTale Of Nok-Duâ Going Strong As No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

“Tale Of Nok-Du” Going Strong As No. 1 Monday-Tuesday Drama

Tale of Nok-Du” is still going strong as the No.1 Monday-Tuesday drama!

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 8 broadcast of the new rom-com recorded 5.4 and 7.1 percent viewership, making it the top drama in its time slot. Meanwhile, SBS’s variety show “Little Forest” aired its final episode on October 8, recording 3 and 3.8 percent.

In cable broadcasting, JTBC’s “Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency” recorded 3.297 percent viewership.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357523wpp/tale-of-nok-du-going-strong-as-no-1-monday-tuesday-drama

• Like 4

17 hours ago, elan1 said:

I saw this comment and ignored it. Haters always like that . Sohyun's last 2 dramas received good reviews and haters strated talking nonsense. <_<

• Like 2

It's really sad that ratings for Tale of Nokdu went down for episode 4. Tale of Nokdu is an amazing drama, and deserves success. On top of feeling sorry for the cast members and staffers, I feel the most sorry for So Hyun. No matter how hard she works, she doesn't get enough recognition. She went through so much in her personal and professional life and it's incredibly sad. It's really sad when there are many actors riding on the success of one or two super big hits and everything they do they get mega attention and they are offered many plum roles and big advertisement opportunities but she never had one  huge hit in her life despite her super long resume. 

Ratings aren't important to us viewers but they're important for the networks and production studios that depends on them to make money. If So hyun isn't reliable in bringing money, she may get offered less roles in the future. And i'm a greedy person who wants to see her in more projects haha 

Working hard doesn't always guarantee success. that's a sobering life fact :(  Anyways keep fighting So Hyun!!!

• Like 3

@elan1

In my opinion, ratings does bring a good impact to all crews but nowadays even big names can't secure the high ratings.

Do you remember Ruler?

It got the highest ratings compared all to the dramas in the same time slot. But does her happy? Does us happy despite of high ratings? I think nope.  Her character been criticizes for being damsel in distress and become as nuisance for second female lead. 

Working hard may have the downfall and not bears success but the experience it is. In her recent interview in LA, she mentioned that she just want to do her best and leaves to the audience how to rate her actings because she want to stay long in the industry not for 2-3 years.

Maybe TTON got low ratings but Knetz keep praising how good she's portrayed her character, how great the drama it is and even today at comments section on Naver, everyone hope the ratings keep raising. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

@faye406

thank you for the encouragement! 

its true the good ratings for ruler didn’t give us or her much joy but it did give them some consolation. 

you’re right about experience! Experience is super important! 

Let’s keep rooting for tale of nokdu! ^^ 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, faye406 said:

@elan1

In my opinion, ratings does bring a good impact to all crews but nowadays even big names can't secure the high ratings.

Do you remember Ruler?

It got the highest ratings compared all to the dramas in the same time slot. But does her happy? Does us happy despite of high ratings? I think nope.  Her character been criticizes for being damsel in distress and become as nuisance for second female lead. 

Working hard may have the downfall and not bears success but the experience it is. In her recent interview in LA, she mentioned that she just want to do her best and leaves to the audience how to rate her actings because she want to stay long in the industry not for 2-3 years.

Maybe TTON got low ratings but Knetz keep praising how good she's portrayed her character, how great the drama it is and even today at comments section on Naver, everyone hope the ratings keep raising. 

I agree with you. Rating important but for me most important thing is Sohyun's happiness. Also drama is really good. All the comments are positive.

I hope the ratings keeps raising and Sohyun become more happy :)

Her acting is perfect. My favorite scene from last night's ep. I felt her pain and happiness  at the same time. She is just perfect...

• Like 3

I'm also in love with the swing scene. With all the things you've told, but also with her big and full smile. God knows how I was missing it. Right, he has to do every kind of roles to improve as an actress, but I must confess I was a little tired of sadness, traumatic memories, people bullying her characters... even I re-watched her California trip just because I was missing a jiggly, goofy and happy Kim So-hyun.

Dong Dong-jo's got a dark past too (terrible, as much as medieval ages were), but that scene and its change from tears to smile proves she's starting to overcome it.

I liked Love Alarm, but I think I'm going to love Tale of Nok-du.

As for the ratings, I don't care. Apart from Ruler and School 2015 (Goblin doesn't count, just a cameo), none of her dramas were a hit and, still, she's praised and recognized, and every drama she joins has a guaranteed percentage of viewers. I don't think she's going to be short of work for the next 10 years, minimum.

• Like 4

K-Drama Premiere: “The Tale Of Nokdu” Fascinates With Lively Characters Hiding Perilous Secrets

WITH A TOP NOTCH CREATIVE TEAM BACKING UP THE TALE OF NOKDU, HIGH EXPECTATIONS IS INESCAPABLE FOR THIS KBS2 TV’S YEAR-END OFFERING.

Portraying the titular role, Jang Dong Yoon as Nokdu has left lingering impression on the opening chapters of The Tale of Nokdu. With period drama darling actress Kim So Hyun, the new series easily hooks the audience with its steady and lively storytelling.

Tale of Nokdu

Premiere Week Rating: 5.gif

Flaunting a solid groundwork, it is not surprising that The Tale of Nokdu achieved high ratings on its first to fourth episodes. According to Nielsen Korea, it scored 5.6, 7.1, 6.5, and 8.3% on nationwide viewership rating.

Notably, the second half of the back-to-back episode format evidently peaks on a high note.

The Tale of Nokdu

PREMIERE WEEK RECAP

Living in a secluded island, Nokdu only worries about petty things – like his marriage engagement to the young daughter of his martial arts teacher.

So, when a band of assassins wreak havoc wounding his brother and hurting his father, Nokdu ran after the escaping assassin to trace the lead villain who orchestrated the mysterious attack his family received.

While chasing after the limping assassin, he happens to be in the vicinity when a peasant challenged the King and his entourage. Receiving a stone throw, the King ordered the surrounding people to be questioned and imprisoned.

At the same time, Dong Joo, a gisaeng in training who went to Hanyang pretending to be a young master, peers with disdain at the sight of the King. Imagining an attack, her plan gets thwarted by Nokdu.

The two eventually land inside a prison as part of the crowd who caused disrespect towards the King. Wanting to escape the place, Dong Joo attempts to squeeze in her body, but gets trapped while doing so. Nokdu comes to her rescue after getting a force plea from her. Later at night, he even covers her with his robe when he senses her troubled sleep.

The Tale of Nokdu

REUNION AT WIDOW’S VILLAGE

Nokdu’s teacher offers refuge to his hometown and they leave the island. Meanwhile, Nokdu settles to a village inhabited by widows to investigate the identity of the attackers. Soon enough, he stumbles on a clue that points to the mastermind.

It turns out that Nokdu’s father, Jung Yoon Jeo (Lee Sung Joon) has a past secret that led him to be in hiding with his two sons. He is apparently an old friend of King Gwanghae (Jung Joon Ho), who was declared dead and is a target of risky ploys by the King and his loyal retainers. Heo Yoon (Kim Tae Woo), a close friend of the King and Nokdu’s father, betrayed the King by not killing Yoon Jeo and lying that the King’s infant is dead.

Settled at the Widow’s village, Nokdu ends up sharing a room with Dong Joo. The latter does not recognize the young master she shared  a jail room before. Stubborn and feisty, she has gained an unrequited adoration with Cha Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh), a son of a noble family.

Although at first bickering, the two develop furtive yet subconscious effort to help each other. When Nokdu realizes the ladies’ he is tracking are on a cryptic entourage at a nearby place, he follows but got found out. Chased by one of the lady assassins to the gisaeng house, Nokdu finds Dong Joon inside the dressing room.

NOKDU’S SECRET

Running out of a valid alibi, he tells her that he wants to cut her hair properly just as the assassin nears the room they were in. Nervous, Nokdu cuts her hair too short. Meanwhile, Heo Yoon meets the gisaeng house owner after receiving a news that a wanted man is in the place.

Noticing Nokdu’s growing stubble, Dong Joo reaches out to touch it. Evading her touch, Nokdu was pushed sprawled on the floor. When Dong Joo moves, she slips and leans her hand heavily on Nokdu’s crotch raising a painful and manly scream from him.

Feigning ignorance, Dong Joo already realizes he is not a woman. Dong Joo faces Nokdu ready to attack him with a pair of scissors.

The-Tale-of-Nokdu_12-1024x574.jpg

PREMIERE WEEK AFTERTHOUGHTS

What a spirited premiere! The Tale of Nokdu is sure reminiscent of the vibe of Love in the Moonlight, but the hinted fusion of historical elements, romance and humor appear to be more amusing.

I love the cross-dressing moments in The Tale of Nokdu. From their initial meeting, Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun) pretended as a man and met Nokdu (Jang Dong Yoon) in her male appearance. They meet again at Widow’s village and it was Nokdu disguised as a woman, but Dong Joo does not recognize him.

I can’t wait to see the aftermath of Dong Joo’s reaction as revealed in the waning seconds of the series. So far, the back stories presented for both characters yield interest, and so is the engaging pace of the narrative.

Since Just Dance, I have marked Jang Dong Yoon as one of the most promising young actors with a genuine flair for acting. Opposite talented actress Kim So Hyun, and with excellent support from Kang Tae Oh, this series might join my K-Drama favorites this year.

DEFINITELY A MUST-WATCH WEEKLY DRAMA TREAT

Fawning on Nokdu as a man – and more so as a woman is inevitable. His interactions with Dong Joo seem to be drawing points of this series. Albeit receiving introductory ideas of its big picture, as well as, presenting staple historical drama elements; the humor and cheery moments of the premiere episodes sedate the expected heavy tones of the series. If it will be prolonged, then we will get a solid period series that would be worth following every week.

Expect political struggles and Royal family issues along the way. Adding to that, a love triangle is also in the horizon for the vivacious gisaeng trainee Dong Joo, Nokdu and Yul Moo.

The Tale of Nokdu airs on KBS2 TV every Monday and Tuesday.

Fans can watch it on VIU.

Image Credit: iMBC | KBS2 TV

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-tale-of-nokdu-premiere/

• Like 1