✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Drama director said:

For Kim So-hyun, they expressed her unique belief that "Kim So-hyun is exactly the way we think of Dong-ju. She expresses various aspects of Dong-ju without missing or overflowing anything. Above all, from her eyes you can see she is a good actor that can trust ." Director Kim Dong-Hwi also said, "When I watched the original webtoon, I first thought of Kim So-hyun as Dongju. I worked on the script with Kim So-hyun in mind. As the narrative deepened through adaptation, I thought of an actor who had a wide range of stability and emotions and that's Kim So Hyun. When casting her, the writers and I cheered with joy. 

cr:Shirlley0604 -ig

• Like 4

Watch: “Tale Of Nok-Du” Gears Up For Premiere With New Preview + Points To Anticipate

Only four days remain until the premiere of “Tale of Nok-Du”!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who is actually not very interested in becoming a gisaeng (a female courtesan).

The director Kim Dong Hwi, who has worked on dramas including “Fight My Way” and “The Merchant: Gaekju 2015,” commented, “The man disguised as a woman in the all-female community, the secret behind Nok Du’s birth, and the male and female lead developing a ‘mother-daughter’ relationship were points that stood out to be when I first looked at the original [webtoon]. The writers and I had extensive discussions to add aspects specific to the drama.” He explained that new characters will add more depth to the storyline.

The original webtoon artist remarked, “I found the script very fun when I first read it. I could picture Nok Du and Dong Joo from the webtoon moving as portrayed by in the script the entire time while reading. It is a drama that will satisfy both readers of the original webtoon and those who are seeing [this story] for the time through the drama.”

The production team then spoke about their casting decisions. Director Kim Dong Hwi shared, “The character Nok Du is a strong man who also disguises himself as a woman, so the visuals and acting were both important. The moment I first saw Jang Dong Yoon, I felt, ‘He is the one!'”

Regarding Kim So Hyun, the writers explained, “Kim So Hyun is exactly how we imagined Dong Joo. She is expressing the many different sides of Dong Joo well without being too much or not enough. More than anything, she is an actress with a great gaze.” Kim Dong Hwi added that Kim So Hyun came to his mind first when reading the webtoon. He revealed, “The writers and I cheered in happiness when her casting [was confirmed].”

tale-of-nok-du2.jpg

The drama has also released a preview of the first two episodes. The clip begins with Nok Du saying, “There is something I must do out on the island.” When he arrives, he is taken aback to find out that it is an all-female community but quickly undergoes a makeover to disguise himself as a woman. He then meets Dong Joo, who angrily pushes him away and asks why he is there, to which he snaps back that he was told to stay there.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355093wpp/watch-tale-of-nok-du-gears-up-for-premiere-with-new-preview-points-to-anticipate

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Breeze said:

I don't think it'll be like Ruler. Yes Nokdu is the main center but if you see the covers of the books of webtoon ,Nokdu and Dongju's pictures cover of the 3 books ,Dongju and her best friend's picture is cover of a book. 4 books and Dongju are on the cover , all of them. So Dong Ju is important character like Nokdu.

Also I am very happy and have high hope for this drama. Sohyun also looks so happy. I hope get everyting very very good for her 

Don't be sad ,be positive :))

I agree and would add: both Ruler and Love Alarm share one point about KSH's character being more dramatic and sad than what we were expecting. And, in both shows, it was the PD who forced that melodrama overload for our girl. I guess Tale of Nokdu is way more funny and lighthearted, like Let's Fight Ghost. Actually, since LFG I was hoping for a drama in which So-hyun was more time laughing than crying. I think we've found it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

New stills cut of Tale of Nokdu

EFb5rfyWsAANdOR.jpg

Kim So Hyun Is Caught In Love Triangle Between Jang Dong Yoon And Kang Tae Oh In New Rom-Com “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has unveiled an intriguing glimpse of the love triangle between its three leads!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical romantic comedy about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who ends up disguising himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

On September 27, the drama hinted at its core love triangle by releasing stills of a tense moment between Jeon Nok Du, Dong Dong Joo, and Cha Yul Mu (played by Kang Tae Oh). Jeon Nok Du, who becomes something resembling Dong Dong Joo’s adoptive mother during his time in disguise, holds out a hand and waits expectantly for Dong Dong Joo to take it.

However, as strong as her bond is with Jeon Nok Du, Dong Dong Joo also shares a deep connection with Cha Yul Mu, a talented cook whom she has known since childhood. Cha Yul Mu smiles brightly at Dong Dong Joo as he similarly offers her his hand, putting the character in a difficult position as she stares up at the two men with a look of confusion.

Jang-Dong-Yoon-Kang-Tae-Oh-Kim-So-Hyun.j

The producers of “Tale of Nok-Du” remarked, “The love triangle between Nok Du, Dong Joo, and Yul Mu is as remarkable as the three characters themselves. The secret of Nok Du, who is both a man in disguise as a woman and Dong Joo’s ‘adoptive mother’ will affect the relationships between the three characters in unpredictable ways.”

They added, “Please look forward to our clever and refreshing Joseon-era romantic comedy, which will be perfected by the heart-fluttering chemistry between our young actors.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” premieres on September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355240wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-caught-in-love-triangle-between-jang-dong-yoon-and-kang-tae-oh-in-new-rom-com-tale-of-nok-du

• Like 2

New teaser and stills for KBS Tale of Nokdu with Kim So-hyun, Jang Dong-yoon, Kang Tae-oh

In the run-up to the premiere of KBS’s latest sageuk rom-com Tale of Nokdu, we’re getting a slew of new promos including a new poster, stills, and a video teaser of next week’s premiering episode.

The drama is based on a well-loved webtoon by the same name and takes place in a mysterious widows’ village where the titular character takes refuge, Jeon Nokdu played by Jang Dong-yoon (Dance Sports Girls). Due to his circumstances, he puts on the guise of a woman in order to stay hidden in the village. But, as it turns out, he isn’t the only one there with a secret. Namely Dong Dong-joo, played by Kim So-hyun (Love Alarm), a short-haired gisaeng-in-training who doesn’t want to become a gisaeng.

nokdu1.jpg

Of course, complicating their romance is Kang Tae-oh (My First First Love) who is also vying for Dong-joo’s affections. Described as a Joseon chef who knew Dong-joo from childhood, his character of Cha Yul-moo is one of a few new characters that were created for the drama’s adaptation of the webtoon.

nokdu2.jpg

In the newly released stills, we get a glimpse of the love triangle to come with both Jang Dong-yoon and Kang Tae-oh offering their hands to Kim So-hyun. Standing in-between them and their horses, Kim is left to decide if or who she wants to ride with. (Maybe one day we’ll see a drama where the girl rides by herself and the two boys ride together?)

Although most of the promo material features the main cast, we finally get to see some of the supporting actors in the new teaser which includes Lee Moon-shik (The Fiery Priest) and Yoon Yoo-sun (Abyss)

The teaser starts with Jang Dong-yoon explaining to a young girl that there’s something he has to do outside of the island that they live on. As the background music becomes louder and more dire, we cut to a wide shot of Jang standing with the girl and Lee Moon-shik on the left side of the screen. From the right, a woman runs in screaming: “Nokdu! There’s an emergency at your house!” The scene quickly changes to Jang Dong-yoon fighting off a group of uniformed men and we see one of them injured and running away. After the fight, Lee Moon-shik fervently whispers to Jang that they should work together to find them. There is a quick intercut of a man following another man through a forest at night before returning to Jang Dong-yoon who is stunned to arrive at a brightly colored village. As he asks why there are only women here, the camera pans around to show the women panicking that there is a man in the village. One woman taps Jang on the shoulder from behind, smiling at him, and he screams as she throws him out.

The music changes to a lighter and twinkly tune and we cut to Jang Dong-yoon disguising himself as a woman. In his new appearance, he approaches Yoon Yoo-sun and desperately asks if she can help him by letting him stay at her gibang (gisaeng house). Cut to a close-up of Yoon as she replies, slightly appalled, “Sorry, what?” The scene quickly transitions to Kim So-hyun who enters through a doorway and is shocked to discover Jang Dong-yoon inside one of the gibang rooms. She pushes Jang away from something and yells casually (in banmal), “What are you doing?” before switching to honorifics as she asks “Why are you in this room?” Hurt and dishevelled, Jang Dong-yoon replies that the head gisaeng (Yoon Yoo-sun) gave him permission to stay in this room. As the two actors glare at each other, the teaser ends with their joint voice-over: “Joseon rom-com Tale of Nokdu premiering September 30.”

Upcoming drama Tale of Nokdu will be airing in just a few days on September 30, and broadcasts Mondays and Tuesdays on KBS.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/new-teaser-and-stills-for-kbs-tale-of-nokdu-with-kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-kang-tae-oh/

• Like 2

It's getting more beautiful, actor #Kim So Hyun #How does honey-emitting honey skin work? ⠀ Big eyes, small round face, slender limbs Actor Kim So-hyun boasts visuals that seem to be torn comic books. ⠀In reality, the completion of the 'torn ruffled' visual is moist without any pores. Tight honey-shine skin! Even in the busy schedule of recent dramas and commercials, Maintaining a vibrant skin condition What is skin care secret? Beauty Reporter Kongshuni is in charge of So Hyun Kim I asked the makeup artist Lee Ji-young directly! (Google translate )

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Kang Tae Oh, Kim So Hyun, And Jang Dong Yoon Share What To Watch For In âTale Of Nok-Duâ Premiere

Kang Tae Oh, Kim So Hyun, And Jang Dong Yoon Share What To Watch For In “Tale Of Nok-Du” Premiere

With just one day till the premiere of the new KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama “Tale of Nok-Du,” Jang Dong Yoon, Kim So Hyun, and Kang Tae Oh personally shared what viewers should look out for in the drama.

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a fun romantic comedy set in the Joseon era that tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan). Kang Tae Oh will play Cha Yul Mu, a handsome man who is also a great chef.

Jang Dong Yoon will be taking on his first historical drama through “Tale of Nok-Du” and will also be playing a character who disguises himself as a woman. He said, “We’ve done a lot of preparations and worked really hard for this drama, so I’m excited and nervous,” and “From the first episode, viewers will be able to see Nok Du, who is disguised as a woman, and Dong Joo meeting, as well as the various characters who live in the community. The drama is like an assorted gift set that brings action, melodrama, and comedy. I can guarantee that this will be a fun drama to watch so please tune in.”

Along with him is Kim So Hyun, who will play a character who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She said, “I still can’t believe that our drama is starting soon. We’ve been working hard since the summer, so I hope we get a good response. I hope viewers will enjoy the drama as a Joseon romantic comedy,” and “The setting in refreshing, as an all-female community in the Joseon era, and the characters all stand out. The first episode will also explain why Dong Joo decided to cut her hair short and how it became her trademark characteristic, so please anticipate it.”

Kim-So-Hyun3.jpg

Sharing his excitement for the drama’s premiere, Kang Tae Oh said, “The drama will be so fun that you won’t realize that time is passing, so please tune in and give it your attention.” He also shared what to watch for in the drama as he said, “We’ve captured many beautiful landscapes that Korea has to offer. The various colors and unique characters will create a fun viewing experience that makes the drama even more enjoyable.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” is set to premiere on September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355666wpp/kang-tae-oh-kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-yoon-share-what-to-watch-for-in-tale-of-nok-du-premiere

• Like 2

K-Drama Sneak Peek: Jang Dong Yoon Challenges Cross-Gender Acting In “Tale of Nokdu”

KBS 2TV’S NEWEST OFFERING IS SHAPING UP TO BE HILARIOUSLY ENTERTAINING WHILE CHALLENGING GENDER BOUNDARIES.

Tale of Nokdu is an upcoming historical romantic comedy drama set in the Joseon era. It stars Jang Dong Yoon, in his first sageuk role, and Kim So Hyun, a historical drama veteran. While a number of dramas featured a woman dressing up as a man for a reason, Tale of Nokdu is the opposite.

K-Drama Sneak Peek: Jang Dong Yoon Challenges Cross-Gender Acting In “Tale of Nokdu”

KBS 2TV’S NEWEST OFFERING IS SHAPING UP TO BE HILARIOUSLY ENTERTAINING WHILE CHALLENGING GENDER BOUNDARIES.

Tale of Nokdu is an upcoming historical romantic comedy drama set in the Joseon era. It stars Jang Dong Yoon, in his first sageuk role, and Kim So Hyun, a historical drama veteran. While a number of dramas featured a woman dressing up as a man for a reason, Tale of Nokdu is the opposite.

Tale of Nokdu

Offering a fresh take on gender swapping roles in K-Dramaland, it will be interesting to watch the transformation of Jang Dong Yoon as he portrays a man dressing up as a woman in a time period when doing so is definitely deemed controversial and unheard of.

THE MAIN PLOT

A man disguises himself as a woman to enter a widow village. He meets a young woman who is a reluctant gisaeng in training. With Jeon Nokdu trying to conceal his true gender and Dong Dong Ju rebelling against a life set out for her, these two characters go on a journey finding themselves.

It is a romantic comedy so viewers can expect a ton of hilarious moments happening in the drama which only makes more exciting. From the teaser video below, which seems to show the main leads’ first encounter, it is a guarantee that Tale of Nokdu is going to be a fun watch.

THE MAIN LEADS

JANG DONG YOON AS JEON NOKDU

He aspires to be the best general the country would have. He prides himself with his great visual and physical strength. Growing up in a small island, he dreams of going out to see the big world someday. His father discourages him from getting off the island and his neighbors find his dream hilarious.

Tale-of-Nokdu1.jpg

An attack in their family home forces Jeon Nokdu to go away. He finds himself in a village full of women. Since no man is allowed to stay inside the widow village, Jeon Nokdu has no other option but to dress like a woman and present himself as a widow.

KIM SO HYUN AS DONG DONG JU

A young woman who is training to be a gisaeng. Her personality is different from the women in the village. She speaks her mind and could not stand injustice. She has no innate characteristics that would make her a perfect gisaeng as she can’t sing or dance. However, she is good with her hands if she is given tools to use with.

Tale of Nokdu

Dong Ju refuses the path chosen for her, so she is planning to leave the village at the right moment. However, her plans of escape may be derailed by the appearance of a suspicious “widow”.

KANG TAE OH AS CHA YOOL MU

Known in the village for his good looks and his ability to cook. He knows Dong Dong Ju since they were children. Despite the attention he gets from women and gisaengs-in-training, he only has eyes for Dong Dong Ju.

Tale-of-Nokdu4.jpg

Other casts include Jung Joon Ho as King Gwang Hae, the troubled King of Joseon and Kim Tae Woo Heo Yoon, the King’s most trusted man and loyal subject.

Actress Yun Yoo Soon plays Haeng Soo Cheon, the courtesan who sheltered and took Dong Dong Ju in.

Lee Seung Joon takes on the role of Jung Yoon Jeo the father of Jeon Nokdu. There is a mystery that surrounds his character as he was born from a noble family.

THE CREATIVE TEAM

PD Kim Dong Hwi takes on the directing duties for Tale of Nokdu. His works include co-directing the 2017 drama Fight For My Way and the 2015 KBS 2TV’s special drama The Merchant: Gaekju 2015.

Writers Im Ye Jin (Love in the Moonlight, Who Are You: School 2015) and Baek So Yeon (Drama Special Seaon 9: Dreamers, Drama Special Season 8: The Reason We Can’t Sleep) are in charge of the screenplay.

Tale of Nokdu is based on the webcomic of the same title which was first published on Naver in December 2014. The TV series adaptation will premiere on September 30 at 10PM KST.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/tale-of-nokdu-k-drama-sneak-peek/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1