✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

[Photos] Character Posters Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "The Tale of Nokdu"

Character posters added for the upcoming Korean drama "The Tale of Nokdu" (2019).

Directed by Kim Dong-hwi

Written by Baek So-yeon, Lim Ye-jin

Network: KBS

With Jang Dong-yoon, Kim So-hyun, Song Geon-hee, Jo Soo-hyang, Kang Tae-oh, Jung Joon-ho,...

32 episodes - Mon, Tue 22:00 (2x35min episodes per day)
Synopsis
A fun Joseon romantic comedy about Jeon Nok-doo, who dresses up as a woman to enter a village of widows, and Dong Dong-joo, a young woman who doesn't want to become a gisaeng.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/09/30

photo1096304.jpg

photo1096303.jpg

https://www.hancinema.net/photos-character-posters-added-for-the-upcoming-korean-drama-the-tale-of-nokdu-133043.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#!prettyPhoto

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Garam talked about Love Alarm season 2 but he didn't mentioned when :(

Garam 's interview.. He talked about season 2.

What do you want to show when Season 2 is made? JGR: Season 1 was the stage where Hyeyoung and Jojo started to love. I couldn't even hold hands with Jojo while shooting this work. So in season 2, I want to hold hands and show deep romance.

When season 2 is produced, I think we can see the sweet side of Hye-young and Jo-jo.

cr:4_gif_sf

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Interview: Kim So-hyun, Jung Ga-ram & Song Kang Spill Love Alarm Secrets

Director Lee Na-jeong had 3 things in mind when filming “Love Alarm” – she wanted it to be more dynamic, gritty, and realistic. “Chon Kye-young’s webtoon wasn’t all simply light and fun, but it also had depth in terms of its exploration of love,” she said.

Hype was fortunate enough to attend the “Love Alarm” press conference in Seoul earlier this week. During the session, we were given a better insight into how the main 3 leads – Kim So-hyun (김소현), Jung Ga-ram (정가람) and Song Kang (송강) – approach their respective roles.

For the uninitiated, here’s a brief intro about “Love Alarm” by So-hyun:

‘Love Alarm’ features an app called Love Alarm, which rings when someone who has a
crush on you is within a 10-meter radius. ‘Love Alarm’ is a Netflix original series about
Jojo, Hye-young, and Sun-oh building their complicated relationship through this app and the series follows and explores the changing emotions of these characters and budding
romances.”

Kim Jojo

“Jojo lives with her aunt after going through a tough childhood due to a tragic event. Jojo perfectly hides her painful past and tries to have a positive attitude towards life. But her life is stirred by the introduction of Love Alarm and Sun-oh’s presence. Jojo and Sun-oh start their first romance after learning about each other’s feelings through the app in a world where people can’t hide their feelings.”

So-hyun on her character: “Jojo has been through a lot and is in a very tough and difficult situation, but never loses her positivity and confidence inside. That made me feel quite sympathetic for her, but she’s someone who you feel more interested in and curious about the more you see her.”

Lee Hye-young

“Son of the helper for Sun-oh’s family, Hye-young is Sun-oh’s best friend. He grew up in a family of modest means, but he also grew up with a loving and caring mother, which is why he is kind and considerate of others. In fact, he cares so much about his friendship with Sun-oh that he hides his feelings for Jojo even though he had a crush on her before Sun-oh did.”

Ga-ram on landing the role: “I was also a huge fan of the original story. And even before the decision was made to create a Netflix original series, I always liked Hye-young. So, when I was offered the role and met with director Lee, I communicated very clearly how much I like the character. I shared with director Lee a lot of my interpretation of Hye-young’s thoughts and we shaped the character together for the series.”

Hwang Sun-oh

“Being from a rich family and having a career as a model, this handsome guy has everything that a person could wish for. He’s so popular that his Love Alarm never stops ringing, but what no one knows is that he actually feels empty inside. He falls so deeply in love with Jojo that knowing his best friend Hye-young also likes her doesn’t stop him from pursuing her. For the first time, his Love Alarm rings for Jojo.”

Fun fact: It was revealed that Song Kang beat over 900 hopefuls (a lot of them were models and K-pop idols) to emerge victorious as the one to portray Sun-oh. The filmmaker told us that his “innocent and sentimental aura” ultimately won her over.

To get a better understanding on how the trio tackled their roles in “Love Alarm”, check out our exclusive interview and what was discussed during the press con:

Love confession has been a major theme in many Korean dramas. How would you explain that concept to international fans?

So-hyun: In our Korean culture, confessing your love to someone and having that love be reciprocated is very important, because once that is done, we can move on to the actual relationship happening.

We really need to know what the other person is feeling in order to start a relationship in full scale. Viewers from other cultures may understand this application as something that can help people become lovers because confessing your love can be very difficult and hard to express what you’re feeling in words.

How would you confess your feelings to your love in real life?

So-hyun: Maybe writing a letter.

Ga-ram: It’s probably an etiquette to meet the person face to face and confess your love.

So-hyun: These days, people also don’t just suddenly declare to be boyfriend-girlfriend. It kind of happens naturally.

What was your focus when playing the role?

So-hyun: I tried not to present her as too sad. I was worried that she might come across as someone you simply pity. She’s not someone who wants anyone’s pity and needs to be taken care of or protected, and I made conscious efforts to make sure that she isn’t represented in that way.

Ga-ram: When playing the role, I tried to be honest. I hope that the audiences can feel
Hye-young’s feelings when they see Hye-young looking at Jojo next to Sun-oh.

Song Kang: As you can see from the webtoon, Sun-oh doesn’t talk very much—so I had to think about how to portray this character without saying much, and that’s why I tried my best to focus on his facial expressions that you get to glimpse at.

Are there any similarities between you and your characters?

So-hyun: There are aspects of Jojo that I thought were quite similar to me. Because I’ve played a lot of sad and depressed characters, a lof of viewers seem to have an impression of me as being reserved, quiet, and melancholic. Of course, there are parts of me that are like that, but I also am a very strong and resilient person inside. Jojo, likewise, may seem like someone who’s fragile and needs someone else to protect her, but she’s actually resilient inside. So I identified with her a lot in her strength and resilience, which made playing the character easier for me.

Ga-ram: Hye-young seems very positive and full of energy when surrounded by people, but he has his own pains and worries. I’m sure anyone can relate to this, but I identified with the dual aspect of Hye-young being positive and energetic around others, but at the same time, secretly worrying about his problems alone.

Song Kang: Even though Sun-oh tends to have his way with everything, but he doesn’t express how he truly feels. I thought that was quite similar to me.

On the contrary, how are you different from your characters?

Song Kang: The character Sun-oh has a lot of emotional hurt and he tries to seem tough and does whatever he wants. He really doesn’t express his feelings and I think that’s a little different from my personality. He acts in whatever way he wishes and tries to seem tough.

Ga-ram: My character Hye-young stands afar and keeps his distance from JoJo because of Sun-oh. He doesn’t say what he really feels, but I think in real life if it were up to me, I would go straight for her.

So-hyun: Jojo makes a lot of passive decisions because of certain circumstances that she’s placed in, she’s not able to express her true feelings. Personally if it were me, I like to express myself and how I feel. Jojo is maybe more cautious too.

What are your most memorable scene or favourite line in the series?

So-hyun: I like the line, ‘I won’t get crumpled,’ just as director Lee mentioned. I thought that line really expresses well who Jojo is. In the original webtoon, the scene actually has Sun-oh and Jojo sitting next to each other in a small alley when Sun-oh suddenly proposes that they kiss. And they start a conversation from there. That’s when the get to know each other better. I loved that scene. I was very excited to shoot the scene, and was excited in a different way from the way I felt about the scene in the webtoon.

Ga-ram: I would choose the line that goes, ‘To me, it’s all romance—because I’m doing it with you,’ because that encapsulates everything that Hye-young feels about Jojo.

Song Kang: I would choose a line from a scene where the friendship between Hye-young and Sun-oh is fractured. Sun-oh says, ‘The choice is up to Kim Jojo,’ and that was my favourite line.

So-hyun, we are curious – you team Hye-young or team Sun-oh?

So-hyun: Fans are divided into two groups: one that supports Hye-young and the other that supports Sun-oh. Both of the characters are so charming in very different ways, so it’s
difficult to choose one. But the reason why I like Hye-young is because he’s very loyal. I feel sympathetic for him for having loved Jojo for such a long time, but at the same time, have such respect for him. I became Hye-young’s fan because he made me feel, ‘Wow, a person could love another person to that extent’.

Last but not least, are there any memorable behind-the-scenes moments that you can share?

So-hyun: It’s been a while, so it’s hard to remember them. But I can recall my scenes with Ga-ram. Because we’re close friends in real life and we had to act very shy with each other on screen, it was funny and a little bit awkward.

https://hype.my/2019/171363/interview-netflix-love-alarm-cast/

Single magazine ig uptade. Maybe photoshoot is coming ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Yoon Revealed In Character Posters For New Drama “The Tale Of Nok Du”

KBS’ UPCOMING DRAMA TALE OF NOKDU RECENTLY UNVEILED ITS FIRST CHARACTER POSTERS.

Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon showcased pretty and demure expressions as they donned costumes for their characters.

In the drama, Jang Dong Yoon portrays the role of Jeon Nok Du. He is the son of a noble family who is forcing him to get married.

Unfortunately, Nok Du refuses to marry someone he doesn’t love. In a desperate attempt to escape his fate, he runs away from home. Nok Du disguises himself as a woman and hides in village full of widows.

There he meets Dong Dong Ju, a woman training to be a gisaeng. Unfortunately for Dong Ju, she does not want to be a gisaeng at all, but has no choice. Dong Ju stumbles on Nok Du’s secret and why he’s hiding in the village.

In the character posters, Jang Dong Yoon captures attention with his amazing transformation. In the photo, he looks like a total woman as he stares intently at the camera with a serious expression.

On the other hand, Kim So Hyun flashes a shy bright smile as she poses daintily. Her hair style also captures attention as well as a refreshing beautiful hanbok.

The production crew expressed surprise and delight at Jang and Kim’s unexpected chemistry. They said that the drama has characters that are full of life and unique. Moreover, both Kim and Jang brought a fresh perspective. The unpredictable chemistry reels interest to what viewers must look forward to.

Both Kim and Jang are the well-acknowledged actors at the moment. Kim recently made her Netflix debut on youth romance drama, Love Alarm, co-starring with Song Kang and Jung Ga Ram. On the other hand, Jang was last seen in KBS2 drama, Just Dance.

The Tale of Nok Du premieres on September 30, taking over the timeslot of I Wanna Hear Your Song on KBS.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/kim-so-hyun-jang-dong-yoon-revealed-tale-of-nok-du-teasers/

• Like 3

Jung Ga Ram Discusses Working With Song Kang And Kim So Hyun, Attitude On Acting, And More

Jung Ga Ram from Netflix’s original series “Love Alarm” sat down for an interview to talk about his co-stars Song Kang and Kim So Hyun.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. The drama tells the story of three young men and women who face a world in which people can only express their love through the app.

In “Love Alarm,” Jung Ga Ram takes the role of Hye Young, who has to take a step back for Jo Jo (Kim So Hyun) and Seon Oh’s (Song Kang) budding romance to develop, but he can’t give up his feelings for Jo Jo, whom he liked first.

Jung Ga Ram shared his satisfaction for the drama, saying, “I was a fan of the original webtoon. I really enjoyed the webtoon, so I was curious how the drama would turn out. The CG was awesome, and the story of Jo Jo and Seon Oh was fun.”

The actor was especially interested in Hye Young’s character when he auditioned for “Love Alarm.” He said, “I thought a lot about the character Hye Young while watching the webtoon. But when I played Hye Young, it was different. Since it was such a popular webtoon, it became a burden in a way. I talked a lot with the director, and I tried to express it just the way I felt.”

Jung Ga Ram said that although the drama portrays a love triangle, he himself has never been involved in a love triangle before. Then he went into detail about the love triangle in the drama, saying, “It doesn’t feel like two guys are fighting over one girl. I thought it was not a love triangle. Rather it was just a story about people facing each other. Rather than competing, it felt like expressing and conveying each other’s feelings. It didn’t feel like the typical ‘I’m going to have her!'”

When asked if he would choose love or friendship, the actor candidly answered, “Love. I thought maybe I should choose friendship, but I’m going to pick love. I don’t know if friendship is any better.”

Jung Ga Ram also talked about working with Kim So Hyun and Song Kang. About Song Kang, he said, “I talked to Song Kang a lot. Since we are in a position where we’re working together, we talked a lot about each other’s concerns. There were life stories and acting stories. We shared a lot of stories, and in the end, we ended up with ‘Let’s work hard together!'”

As for his acting senior Kim So Hyun, he said, “When Kim So Hyun was reading the script, she definitely had a mature feeling. I was able to talk about my worries in acting, and that’s how we connected. She’s usually very serious. She’s a really great actress. Song Kang and I talked a lot with Kim So Hyun.”

After debuting in 2012, Jung Ga Ram is slowly gaining attention as an actor after appearing in a series of big works over the years. However, he shared that the more he acts, the more difficult it becomes. He confessed, “There was no answer. When I act with my seniors, I feel like I’m lacking a lot. I wonder, ‘Can I act until then? When can I act as well as they do?’ I’m very grateful I’m able to be in so many projects. I think I’m slowly getting better now. I try to do my best every moment. And I keep trying to make myself better. Maybe that’s the only way I can survive. I’m so happy to work.”

Thanks to his acting career, Jung Ga Ram naturally earned the label “Chungmuro’s Rising Star.” The actor commented with laughter, “I was eating with my seniors before, and they complimented me by calling me a ‘rising star.’ Then another senior actor said, ‘There are 30,000 rising stars in our country.’ I don’t really have any thoughts about being called a ‘rising star.’ I just think I should work hard. I’m still in the stage of showing and proving. When I’m in my 20s, I want to appear in more diverse works.”

He continued, “I don’t feel like I’ve been acknowledged yet. I’m still at the stage where I have to show myself more and prove my abilities. I’d like to do more diverse works. What will I be like in ten years? I think I’ve had a lot of good fortune to have kind friends while doing this work. So I want to be warm to people around me. I would rather be a mediocre person with warmth than a special person without it.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349235wpp/jung-ga-ram-discusses-working-with-song-kang-and-kim-so-hyun-attitude-on-acting-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As for his acting senior Kim So Hyun, he said, “When Kim So Hyun was reading the script, she definitely had a mature feeling. I was able to talk about my worries in acting, and that’s how we connected. She’s usually very serious. She’s a really great actress. Song Kang and I talked a lot with Kim So Hyun.” ~ Jung Ga Ram

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Tale of Nokdu 's first teaser is out ;)

[Eng] Nokdu: I’m a man who have to be the greatest general in Joseon.
Used to be.
Crowd: Mrs. Window, can you please take out a little time?
Nokdu: What do I...
Do you have time?
I give you double
Hey. Let’s drink together.
Heard that the kisaeng is very beautiful in that village.
Nokdu: Where is that?
Crowd: Lord window, why you...
Dong Joo: Mother
You don’t go to wish clothes & doing what here?
Nokdu: No...I wanna walk.
(Real man turns into a widow)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1