✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Hi guys.:D This is my first time posting in this thread, I've been a silent reader all this while. I've been a fan of Kim So Hyun ever since Moon Embracing The Sun. I have few questions to ask,

1. Last month I read that Kim So Hyun is going to enroll into university. Is it confirmed? I wonder when the university entrance starts. 

2 Just found out she was born in Australia and moved to Korea when she was 5. So I wonder if she is able to speak at least minimal English?

3. What is her real height? Her bio written as 165cm. She always looks tall, but don't know why she looks so small, younger like a child in Radio Romance. Must be due to hairstyle. I love her mature appearance in past dramas.

Anyway, I have  a habit of reading past articles or watching old dramas of my favourite artists when I'm actively following them. It happens again to me now since I'm following her in Radio Romance. It makes me sad when I read netizen comments that keep comparing her with the other Kim especially from Int netizens (I think you guys can guess who the other Kim is :wink:). Of course,  one could not help but to compare them since both of them are child actress. However, it's disappointing to see them putting down her just to make the other one looks better. The most disappointing comment I read was that "Kim So Hyun still has to accept any offer that she receives (despite bad script) since she is yet to achieve massive popularity unlike (the other one)". 

Hoping that she will get better offers in the future :wub:. I love her when she plays a strong or rebellious character as in Page Turner and I Hear Your Voice. Her character in Radio Romance is good. I just wish the writer could stop making a cliche scene that makes her looking so helpless.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

@ixora6 the comparison will goes on till who knows when, and yes, it also irks me to read those comments about her not as popular as the other child actress. I believe those that say thise words are still stuck in pre-2014 era. In her native country, Korea, KSH popularity is as comparable as to the other Kim, but what make her so stand out and lovable by Koreans much more is her humbleness, kindness and never give up attitude. Of course thats wont matter to international fans as they just turn on their blind sight on this positive mention, and instead focus on old material as sources. I use to big a big fan of the other Kim but now not so much, not because of the actress herself but because of her fans that are too childish and immature and always putting down others achievement. Somehow they are jealous that Sohyun is getting as popular as their bias. 

No matter what, Sohyun is challenging herself in portraying a different character style, so thats is why she is excepting script that pique her interest, and she excel in all those role. If I remember correctly, she say that she would like to challenge herself to play a cold and cool character in her next project, kudos to her for not afraid to except challenge and not just stay in her comfort zone. This is what make her such and excellent and great actress.that is why i always wish she would collaborate with cable network as they tend to be more flexible and have more unique characters to play.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, ixora6 said:

Hi guys.:D This is my first time posting in this thread, I've been a silent reader all this while. I've been a fan of Kim So Hyun ever since Moon Embracing The Sun. I have few questions to ask,

1. Last month I read that Kim So Hyun is going to enroll into university. Is it confirmed? I wonder when the university entrance starts. 

2 Just found out she was born in Australia and moved to Korea when she was 5. So I wonder if she is able to speak at least minimal English?

3. What is her real height? Her bio written as 165cm. She always looks tall, but don't know why she looks so small, younger like a child in Radio Romance. Must be due to hairstyle. I love her mature appearance in past dramas.

Anyway, I have  a habit of reading past articles or watching old dramas of my favourite artists when I'm actively following them. It happens again to me now since I'm following her in Radio Romance. It makes me sad when I read netizen comments that keep comparing her with the other Kim especially from Int netizens (I think you guys can guess who the other Kim is :wink:). Of course,  one could not help but to compare them since both of them are child actress. However, it's disappointing to see them putting down her just to make the other one looks better. The most disappointing comment I read was that "Kim So Hyun still has to accept any offer that she receives (despite bad script) since she is yet to achieve massive popularity unlike (the other one)". 

Hoping that she will get better offers in the future :wub:. I love her when she plays a strong or rebellious character as in Page Turner and I Hear Your Voice. Her character in Radio Romance is good. I just wish the writer could stop making a cliche scene that makes her looking so helpless.

Hi.....thanks for unlurking here! Some of the questions has been answered with details before, so I just recapped some

1) Yes, she is. Based on the news, she will join the classes but we all not sure when the exact date. She will finished RR in this March and I'm sure after that she will start to join the classes too.

2) I tend to think that she knows english because of her songs and movies preferences always the old ones. But I don't think she has the courage to use it publicly yet. and I'm glad that one of her goals in this year is to learn and improve her foreign language. So, please anticipate it!

3) I believe for the actress, she is quiet tall. Maybe around 168cm (I think if for Asian, she is considered tall) but when surrounded by tall guys... she looks small.

• Like 5

@ixora6

And here i just quote one of our fellow opinion regarding this hate comments. I hope we can always give our support to her all throughout the ways.

the recent negative comments on KSH is almost always a continuous effort by the same group of people. 

i always notice that those people always say stuff about her visual, never about her acting bc they know they can't say anything about that unless they'll get ridiculed for being wrong. 

KSH happens to be one of those actors that gets nonsense hate out of nowhere by certain netizens but she has A GREATER SUPPORT AND LOVE by the acting/entertainment industry. 

And those who are worried about the negative comments, I wouldn't. It's always there. People who have nothing to do or uses KSH's visual as a way to attack her since it's an opinionated factor - they're just a small group of negative people who hides in their own misery.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, godhunters said:

on vacation right now and hope that the internet here will be strong enough for me to live stream. if not then will wait till the eng subs is out which i bet is really fast. see you guys with sohyun tonight.

awww... have a nice holiday! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1