✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

9 hours ago, elan1 said:

Kim so Hyun! You're the best! Thanks for being so hard-working and overcoming the negativity. It has been hard on you. Thanks for being so vulnerable in your interviews.

Latest teaser so awesome! What's better than one cross dresser? Two!!! haha This is going to be fun. 

True..I feel glad that she shared her concerns with us and praise her courage to overcome it.. You're strong Sohyun! 

Although I'm quiet upset with lack of the promotion from KBS, but I'm glad that the character teaser look soooo promising :lol: Can't wait to see Dong Jo Oppa! :D

• Like 4

Delightful Fantasy And Healing Romance: 

What To Watch If You Miss “Hotel Del Luna”

“Bring It On, Ghost”

Taecyeon-Kim-So-Hyun-Kwon-Yool-Bring-It-

Bong Pal (Taecyeon) is a college student who has the ability to talk to ghosts and tries his luck working as an exorcist to make some spare cash; eventually, he’d like to make enough money to pay for a procedure that will take away his spooky abilities. When he meets Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun), the ghost of a 19-year-old student who has remained on Earth for five years, the two work together to listen to ghosts’ stories and help them cross over to the next world.

Why you’ll love it: “Bring It On, Ghost” is another horror/rom-com hit featuring a cutely bickering romance between a ghost and human not unlike that of Man Wol and Chan Sung. It’s also sure to delight if you loved watching ghosts resolve the troubles from their lives to move on to the afterworld in “Hotel Del Luna.”

Taecyeon-Kim-So-Hyun-Bring-It-On-Ghost1.

• Like 4

LoveAlarm original webtoon author Chon Kye Young did some interviews recently

When asked who is the male lead between Seon Oh and Hye-Yeong, she said both. “If they had romance (with Jojo) then they are all the lead”.

“I think the concept ‘Who gets the girl in the end is the male lead’ should change. I don’t want the male lead to be portrayed as merely a savior (of the female lead).”

”I was relieved when Netflix rep mentioned that “Jojo is a character that doesn’t need Seon Oh or Hye-Yeong (to figure out her life) isn’t she?” said Chon Kye Young, #LoveAlarm webtoon writer.

It’s refreshing that the #LoveAlarm writer and production team both think of Jojo as the center of the story and her life problems should be resolved by herself, not by waiting for the male lead rescue

cr:Lily_CFC  TWİTTER

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sohyun's character poster . Ent Story uptade.

EEKAHtJWkAAwJgW.jpg

The girl came out of comic” short haired fairy Kim So Hyun, perfect synchronization rate.

Director Kim Dong Hwi, said “Kim So Hyun is a rainbow-like actress. She is pretty, cute and cool, and has colorful charms that ranges from laughters to tears. I’ve been always admiring her detailed and sincere acting while filming”

Kim So Hyun has shown charms in many works, but I'm sure #TheTaleofNokdu will be a special one among them. I'm already excited to show the viewers how I feel at the filming site. You can look forward to Dong Dong Joo with high expectation" he said with unusual affection.

Meanwhile, #TheTaleofNokdu is the first drama produced with support from the country's largest video service platform "WAVVE" and will be broadcast simultaneously on KBS 2TV and "WAVE" starting Sep 30

n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003211019?lfrom=twitter 

translated by Lily_CFC twitter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unseen bts photos for  Love Alarm.

EEKD285WwAAHui6.jpg

EEKERx0XUAE_QUX.jpg

EEKD0YaXoAAz21g.jpg

cr: sohyunprincess -twitter

Love Alarm webtoon writer already had Sohyun in mind to play as Jojo ever since the announcement of a drama adaptation in 2017. It took 2 years to produce this drama. I wonder if the role was already offered to Sohyun 2 yrs ago.

cr: Shironozomi -twitter

• Like 3

Kim So Hyun exudes explosive "girlcrush" charm in new drama

Actress Kim So Hyun has had a perfect transformation into character Dong Dong Joo - a strong yet cute girl who will soon become a gisaeng for the rest of her life in the drama "The Tale of Nokdu".

9.png?type=e1920

On September 9, the new Mon-Tue drama "The Tale of Nokdu" (KBS 2TV, director: Kim Dong Hwi, screenwriter: LimYe Jin, Park So Yeon, producer: Special Cultural Industry Company "The Tale of Nokdu", Production H, Monster Union), which airs its first episode on September 30 (Monday), has raised anticipations when announcing a teaser video of character Kim So Hyun. She is expected to capture viewers' hearts by transforming into a widow village's short-haired fairy Dong Dong Joo who is "scarily" ebullient.

Based on a popular Naver's original webtoon of the same name, "The Tale of Nokdu" depicts a romantic comedy story of Jeon Nokdu (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who dresses up as a woman to infiltrate into a mysterious widow village, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a single woman who does not want to be a gisaeng. The extraordinary romantic love story with each person's own secrets of Jeon Nokdu, who disguises himself as a woman and Dong Dong Joo - a backup gisaeng, is expected to create a novel youth historical drama.

The third character teaser video that was published recently begins with an unusual image of Dong Dong Joo as she has cut her lovely braided hair. The "girlcrush" charm of Dong Joo - a free spirit who doesn't care about other people's opinions and walks through the widow village - has attracted the viewers' attention. Dong Joo's powerful gaze when drawing and aiming her bow helps viewers feel fully her strictness against evildoings. A Dong Dong Joo with the most candid mouth in Joseon and her coarse charm have soon raised the expectation for her enthusiasm in solving problems in the widow village. The video also arouses curiosity by showing Dong Dong Joo's appearance when she disguises herself as a man. However, above all, the most anticipated highlight is the refreshing collaboration between her and Nokdu (played by Jang Dong Yoon) - the guy that snuck into the widow village carrying within him a secret. Besides, Dong Joo's image as if she was in the period of "denying love" when asking herself, "Why? Because I don't care about you at all" brings laughter as well as making the viewers curious about the one-of-a-kind romance between her and Nokdu.

Kim So Hyun will show a perfect level of similarity as if she comes out from comics, living up to the title of visual genius when taking on the role of gruff intern gisaeng Dong Dong Joo who doesn't know to sing, dance and keep the rhythm. Dong Dong Joo is "golden hand" of the widow village when she can quickly create anything, at the same time owning the frankest talking manner in Joseon and can't stand injustice. The audience is channeling their attention to Kim So Hyun's dynamic image when she flawlessly transforms into Dong Dong Joo - a girl who is so assertive that she cut her hair by herself.

"The Tale of Nokdu" is the first drama produced under the support of Wavve - the largest Korean video service platform. The drama will be aired at 10 pm (KST) from September 30 on KBS 2TV and Wavve simultaneously.

https://channels.vlive.tv/BA6899/vtoday/0.11844250

• Like 3

Kim So Hyun Is A Dazzling Joseon Beauty In New Poster For âTale Of Nok-Duâ

Kim So Hyun Is A Dazzling Joseon Beauty In New Poster For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released a character poster for star Kim So Hyun!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Tale of Nok-Du” is a historical rom-com that tells the story of a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he meets Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

In her new poster, Kim So Hyun wears a warm smile on her face as she stands in a beautiful white and pink hanbok (traditional Korean dress). She holds a magnifying glass in order to examine the scroll in her hand, and she draws viewers in with her strong, steady gaze, which hints at her character’s firm principles and inability to tolerate injustice. The poster describes her character Dong Dong Joo as a “lively gisaeng-to-be.”

Kim So Hyun will portray Dong Dong Joo as a gisaeng-in-training with a sharp personality who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Expectations are already high as to what kind of turbulent changes Jeon Nok Du will bring to the life of Dong Dong Joo, who harbors a hidden secret.

Producing director (PD) Kim Dong Hwi commented, “Kim So Hyun is an actress that is like a rainbow. She is pretty, cute, and cool at the same time, and she can show a colorful variety of charms, from laughter to tears. During filming, I’m always in awe of her detailed acting and sincerity.”

He added, “Kim So Hyun has shown her charms in many works, but I’m certain that ‘Tale of Nok-Du’ will be a particularly special one. I’m already excited about conveying to viewers the admiration and emotions I feel on the filming set. You can safely look forward to Kim So Hyun’s ‘Dong Dong Joo.'”

“Tale of Nok-Du” is slated to premiere on September 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles. Check out Kim So Hyun’s teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351754wpp/kim-so-hyun-is-a-dazzling-joseon-beauty-in-new-poster-for-tale-of-nok-du

• Like 3

The Crystal of Elegance” 女 Star that goes well with Hanbok .

Hanbok, our own unique clothing. Hanbok boasted a gorgeous and graceful appearance and is recognized in the world beyond Korea. In particular, as the interest in hanbok has increased recently, female celebrities wearing various designs of hanbok can be seen on CRT and screen.
-
In the midst of Chuseok, Chuseok Beam, a symbol of Korea's 'traditional beauty', looked like beautiful stars. The stars are always attractive, but they are both fashionable and elegant when wearing Hanbok. From the head to the toe, I looked into the beauty stars that suited Hanbok well enough to be mistaken as a star born to wear Hanbok.
-
Kim So-hyun, with her small face, clear eyes and straight nose, made the viewers' eyes painted with the beautiful empress when her special appearance in the TVN drama ‘Dokkaebi’.

EEUUiXyUYAA4nQd.png

tanslated by shirlley0604 -ig

• Like 2

The Tale of Nokdu's  4h teaser come out.

Rough translation:-
Nok Du: washing dishes ( daughter) 
Dong-ju: room cleaning ( daughter )
Dong-ju: spinning (daughter)
Dong-ju: breakfast ( daughter )
Dong-ju: washing clothes ( daughter )
Dong-ju: oh ma, are you so happy for winning your daughter ? 
Nok Du: daughter, that's certainly, no need to ask.
 Work at giseang house , it's the last work left , ( Nok Du)
Dong-ju: the most works are over there.
Nok Du: See what is the use of raising children?!
Dong-ju: Because it's always burdened.
Nok Du: (os : there's so many (untrustworthy) men , how can I send my daughter there?! Daughter...
-
-
Sso: our daughter is a giseang trainee, a suspicious mother appears. Chosun Romcom Nok Du Jeon, September 30 first broadcast.
-
-
Mother and daughter assigning their daily works through chess game .

Translated by shirlley0604 -ig

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

At 20, What are Kim So-Hyun’s Best Roles?

She began her career way back in 2006, when she was just 7 years old! Many of us have watched her grow up into a beautiful young lady as she played the young versions of the main leads in almost every drama.

With so many roles that she has done, what exactly should we watch to see her?

Here are some recommendations!

Page Turner (2016)

• Screenshot-810-1024x567.png

MAIN CAST: Kim So-Hyun, Ji Soo, Shin Jae-Ha.

PLOT: Yoo-Seul (Kim So-Hyun) is an arrogant and talented pianist. Yoo-Seul gets into an accident and loses her sight. Her mother has sacrificed her life to make Yoo-Seul the best pianist, and still wants her daughter to play the piano after the accident which upsets her. Cha-Sik (Ji Soo) and Seo Jin-Mok (Shin Jae-Ha) helps her find her new life after losing her sight.

This short high school drama has only 3 episodes. The story is concise and simple without any unnecessary fillers. To add, Yoo-Seul is one of her most unique roles, where Kim So-Hyun gets to portray the pain of someone losing their sight. Definitely a quick way to admire Kim So-Hyun‘s beauty and great acting skills!

Who Are You: School 2015 (2015)

• Screenshot-811-1024x543.png

MAIN CAST: Kim So-Hyun, Nam Joo-Hyuk, Yook Sung-Jae.

PLOT: Go Eun-Byul (Kim So-Hyun) is a popular high school student and Lee Eun-Bi (Kim So-Hyun) is an outcast who gets bullied by other students in the school. When Eun-Byul goes missing, Lee Eun-Bi loses her memory and lives her life as Eun-Byul.

Kim So-Hyun nailed both characters who have completely different personalities in this drama effortlessly. Go Eun-Byul is arrogant and rude, and Lee Eun-Bi is a gentle girl who trembles at the sight of her bullies. The drama doesn’t even need to hint its viewers, one can easily identify if Kim So-Hyun on the screen is acting as Eun-Byul or Eun-Bi. At the same time, the drama is intense and filled with secrets that it keeps one watching till the end.

The Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)

•  

MAIN CAST: Kim So-Hyun, Han Ga-In, Kim Soo-Hyun.

PLOT: Heo Yeon-Woo (Kim Yoo-Jung/Han Ga-In) is the daughter of a noble family. The intelligent Crown Prince Lee Hwon (Yeo Jin-Goo/Kim Soo-Hyun) fell in love with her but she fell ill suddenly and dies. Eight years later, he becomes a king and meets a shaman who resembles Yeon-Woo.

In this drama, Kim So-Hyun plays the young evil queen-to-be, Yoon Bo-Kyung. This drama is a meaningful one, especially to Kim So-Hyun, as she managed to gain public attention through her villainous role. If you’re looking to watch one of Kim So-Hyun‘s most representative work, you can’t miss this out!

And Kim So-Hyun’s newest dramas?

Well, as her most loyal fan, you’re probably shaking your head and saying, “I’ve already seen them all!” Don’t worry, here are 2 of her newest dramas this year!

Love Alarm

• net-1.jpg

MAIN CAST: Kim So-Hyun, Jung Ga-Ram, Song Kang.

PLOT: Joalarm is an app that alerts people whenever someone who likes them is within a 10-meter range. Hwang Sun-Oh (Song Kang) notices that his best friend Lee Hye-Young (Jung Ga-Ram), is secretly in love with Kim Jojo (Kim So-Hyun), he soon becomes curious about her and eventually falls for her too.

Kim So-Hyun plays a typical Cinderella role in here. She’s poor, her aunt and her cousin hate her, and one day, she finally meets someone who could understand her. Other than that love-finding app which makes the story intriguing, it’s also a simple and light romance school drama. But spoiler alert–the 8-episode drama ends with an unsatisfying cliffhanger which leaves more questions than answers at the end.

The Tale of Nokdu

MAIN CAST: Kim So-Hyun, Jang Dong-Yoon, Kang Tae-Oh.

PLOT: Set in the Joseon Dynasty, Jeon Nok-Du (Jang Dong-Yoon) runs away from an arrange marriage and disguises himself as a girl to get into a women-only village. From there, he meets Dong Dong-Ju (Kim So-Hyun) who is training to become a gisaeng.

•  

Does the plot ring a bell? At least, it reminded me of “Love in the Moonlight,” but its genders reversed! I don’t think I’ve seen a romantic comedy with its male lead disguising himself as a female. How is it going to be like? Can it be as sweet and heart fluttering as “Love in the Moonlight“? We’ll get to find out real soon!

This new upcoming drama is set to air this month, which will be replacing “I Wanna Hear Your Song.”

Subscribe to KOCOWA and start binging on Kim So-Hyun’s dramas!

What are your favorite dramas that Kim So-Hyun has acted in?

https://blog.kocowa.com/at-20-what-are-kim-so-hyuns-best-roles/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2