✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

54 minutes ago, Ly Khánh said:

I’ve been thinking hard trying to imagine how the radio plot will be developed and played out. The 2 lead characters sound pretty interesting on their own but a drama needs more intriguing elements to hook viewers in. If it will be only about heartwarming everyday stories and romance, well we definitely need a top writing skilled writer this time. Try not to worry about things in advance but the ratings of some current airing dramas are so poor that I can’t help worry abt RR :( 

Honestly Ruler had high ratings but KSH character was completely butchered and even YSH was made look stupid and useless as the story progresses. What we should be more worried about is that the writer doesn't ruin the main leads and make them weak and pathetic that no one can even root for them.

Hopefully the writer and pd will not waste KSH talents and allow her to fully express the character. Yes the story can become overly simplistic and monotonous because the plot sounds very simple. But also feel that the real challenge in RR will be about how KSH pulls of an adult character and radio scriptwriter properly.

Not sure how the plot will flow but a story doesn't need to be overly complicated and full of mystery to be likeable. RR sounds more like a simple romcom like My Love Kim Sam Soon, Because Its My First Life or My Girl it's more about the journey of the characters as they fall in love and grow as people. 

YDJ character is childish and KSH character is bad at her job and it sounds like both characters might have some personal issues with family. Watching them grow up and finding their place in society, their careers and each others lives might what the plot is focused on. 

Anyways, the important thing is that the writer does justice to KSH YDJ acting ability and the director allows them to properly express their characters and have fun while playing the roles. 

Even if the drama pulls in 3-5 percent ratings it's not important. Yes good ratings will be nice but the competition is strong and romcom on public channels these days don't have then kind of reception they used to. As long as KSH is happy during filming and doesn't feel sad and lacking it'll be enough. We shouldn't be too greedy about ratings right now. More important than ratings is that the drama is well received by the audience and they remember it even months after it has aired.

Let's just stay positive and support KSH irrespective of how the drama turn out. :)

• Like 3

Only 20 days left for MBC Drama Awards. Wonder when will the nominations be announced? 

Really hoping KSH gets lots of nominations and wins awards. After all the efforts MBC really shouldn't neglect the efforts of KSH in playing such a hopeless character.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, mindstar said:

Only 20 days left for MBC Drama Awards. Wonder when will the nominations be announced? 

Really hoping KSH gets lots of nominations and wins awards. After all the efforts MBC really shouldn't neglect the efforts of KSH in playing such a hopeless character.  

even government appreciate and give the award for her roles in Ruler. If MBC doesn't give her any awards, that means outsider appreciate her talents more than MBC itself.

*I'm  pathetic fan :tongue:

• LOL 4

Wow! KSH Dream OST for LFG already have more than 3.1 Million views in less than 1.5 years! 

Even the upvotes are 44K while hardly any downvotes!

Everyone must really like her sweet and calming voice! 

2 hours ago, faye406 said:

who's the MC for MBC Drama Awards? Do we have any infos?

Nothing has been announced yet but hope it is KSH.

@faye406  KSH Thailand also seems to have a YT page even though its not very active. :lol:

Leaving the link here to update for first page. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNpxycF_vRcTSJgn3wN751Q/videos

Just found this online! KSH in a radio show! :o

Does anyone know when this was? Are there eng subs for this?

• Thanks 3

17 hours ago, mindstar said:

Wow! KSH Dream OST for LFG already have more than 3.1 Million views in less than 1.5 years! 

Even the upvotes are 44K while hardly any downvotes!

Everyone must really like her sweet and calming voice! 

Nothing has been announced yet but hope it is KSH.

@faye406  KSH Thailand also seems to have a YT page even though its not very active. :lol:

Leaving the link here to update for first page. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNpxycF_vRcTSJgn3wN751Q/videos

Just found this online! KSH in a radio show! :o

Does anyone know when this was? Are there eng subs for this?

- Congrats Dream song! Wow, almost 3.1 million? I think everyone is in love with her sweet voice!

- I think for female MC might be Yoona or KSH. I secretly hope our KSH get that deal.

- I already updated it on the front page. Thank you for keep noticing new fan channel.

- Wow, the video is quite long. I do not know what they are talking about, but this means that KSH already has a little bit experience and ideas how the radio show will works. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Don't know if this wa said earlier but just looked at the Gallup Korea list and realized that Ruler actually did quite well and constantly appered in the list of top Korean TV shows which also covers variey shows which are very popular. Very few dramas made the list on a consistent basis like Ruler did. 

Even though the drama wasn't well executed we can see it was popular not only in ratings but amongst the general public as a whole. Hope MBC remembers that it was only the combination of the lead pair that allowed them the success. 

May - 16th ranking

G20170523_4.jpg

June - 10th ranking

G20170621_4.jpg

July -18th ranking

G20170726_4.jpg

• Thanks 4

@mindstar yes there is no deny that Ruler did pretty well among all other dramas this year. Esp Ruler rating, some drama must wish to have Ruler ratings. That’s why when I heard others regarding Ruler as a flop/failure, I think it’s really unfair. But bcs I had such a traumatic experience with Ruler, Im kind of trying to let it go, erase it from my memory :( 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 12/11/2017 at 4:01 PM, Ly Khánh said:

@mindstar yes there is no deny that Ruler did pretty well among all other dramas this year. Esp Ruler rating, some drama must wish to have Ruler ratings. That’s why when I heard others regarding Ruler as a flop/failure, I think it’s really unfair. But bcs I had such a traumatic experience with Ruler, Im kind of trying to let it go, erase it from my memory :( 

:lol::lol:

Yes agree but KSH did spend 6 months filming for it and working hard for the drama so just wanted to acknowledge that the drama was actually a quite successful in Korea and maybe even internationally minus the bad writing and poor treatment of KSH character. Many people seem to have dedicatedly watched the drama and appreciated the acting of the casts and chemistry of our lead pair.

Hope KSH also sees the drama as a growth and not a step back. And wish for KSH future projects to continue to do well and be well liked by everyone. 

Some people also wrote off LFG success because all tvn dramas did well last year but LFG was a very good drama that was liked by many people both in Korea and outside. It was also a big ratings success introduced KSH to many new fans.

Just wanted KSH works, efforts and growth to be appreciated. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1