✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

About Radio Romance script reading, i think they need to announce supporting casts first, and hopefully there will be no love triangle. Maybe we will get the news within next week :)

Before that, So Hyun may spend time to prepare for her role as a radio Dj, adjust to the environment in the recording room, and also prepare for her makeup, styling to fit the role. As it’s super cold in Korea right now, filming will be hard but hopefully most of RR scenes will be indoor. 

Abt MBC drama award, idk if I should expect something out of it. After all Ruler did their best in term of rating out of all MBC weekdays dramas this year. But it was also a disaster that everyone wants to erase from their memory.

lastly, do u guys think So Hyun and Doojoon will attend KBS drama award to present something and promote RR? Though Kbs drama award will be on a smaller scale this year due to strike.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Agree there is lot of character preparation to be done for RR and KSH must be busy with that YDJ as well. Hope they can get enough research done before filming. The radio aspect of the show really is fascinating especially the way Korea does 3D radio it's very interesting. Hope they incorporate that theme well. And maybe Highlight can cameo in an episode! It would be fun to watch!

Yes hopefully most of the filming is in the warmth of the broadcasting room and not in the cold but am also curious about who will play KSH mother! It'll be an important relationship for her in the drama. Can we have Kim Hae Sook again they were so lovable in ICHYV!

Agree about MBC it's best not to have any expectations but for now Ruler is their highest rated weekday drama and has even performed better than most of their weekend dramas. The combination of YSH KSH was important to that success and MBC should not forget that. It will be sad if they don't give them their rewards for making the show a success despite the very bad script and directing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, faye406 said:

And her short interview during MAMA red carpet

Kudos to Vietnamese fans

"She mades that dress shines. The dress should thank her for gracing it with her presence".

Yes, she's extra beautiful that night.

Have to admit subbers and translators are very important part of the fandom! They really make KSH accessible to all fans and non-fans alike. This true for all fandoms actually so a really big thank you to those who continously to put in time and effort to sub videos and translate interviews, articles and knet comments and share with us international fans. Hope our appreciation reaches them and motivates them to  continue share these lovely translations! :heart:

And yes KSH really was so beautiful and lovely in that dress! Shine bright Sso! 

16 minutes ago, summerstorm444 said:

:)

Thank you for sharing chingu.

Finally the official page is up. Hope the rest of the production information comes soon.

Wishing the best for Radio Romance. 

• Like 4

Agreed with what you all mention regarding MBC award. MBC should at least award both our Ruler main lead as both of them is the reason that drama had a high ratings. If not, i am going to flip some tables. 

As for RR, i think we will have news abou the rest of the cast by next week and follow by script reading, probabaly before dec end. This situation reminds me of the last minute casting for kill me heal me and it turn out to be a blessing in disguise with it doing pretty well in ratings. The timing might be a bit tight but i had no doubt both of our main leads, KSH and YDJ can totally absorb and fully understand the character that they going to play. I also like the premise of the drama as it is once in a blue moon where a drama is based on a radio dj and/or around radio entertainment. Hopefully the writer and pd can make it an interesting and intriguing one. 

Last but not least, thanks to all those fans who translate the videos above to English. Without them we will never be able to understand the speech and the fandom wont be able to grow to what we are today. Really appreciate it!!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mindstar said:

Can we have Kim Hae Sook again they were so lovable in ICHYV!

I love all of Sohyun's mom in the dramas but OMG Kim Hae Sook is definitely my fav! :heart:

Imagining her being Sohyun's mom in RR, i can already predicted how i'll cry my eyes out with their story........ :dissapointed_relieved:

And i'm looking forward for the other casts who will participate~ How about Jiwoo? :D

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, godhunters said:

Agreed with what you all mention regarding MBC award. MBC should at least award both our Ruler main lead as both of them is the reason that drama had a high ratings. If not, i am going to flip some tables. 

As for RR, i think we will have news abou the rest of the cast by next week and follow by script reading, probabaly before dec end. This situation reminds me of the last minute casting for kill me heal me and it turn out to be a blessing in disguise with it doing pretty well in ratings. The timing might be a bit tight but i had no doubt both of our main leads, KSH and YDJ can totally absorb and fully understand the character that they going to play. I also like the premise of the drama as it is once in a blue moon where a drama is based on a radio dj and/or around radio entertainment. Hopefully the writer and pd can make it an interesting and intriguing one. 

Last but not least, thanks to all those fans who translate the videos above to English. Without them we will never be able to understand the speech and the fandom wont be able to grow to what we are today. Really appreciate it!!!

If RR can be surprise hit it will be very good ofcourse. Hope that RR can have KMHM success.

KMHM however had the advantage of a tested couple that had high ratings in their previous drama as well and the writer - pd team was very experienced and successful in their previous projects as well. With RR there are many points of worry and no idea how all these troublesome points will be put together and what outcome that equation will give. But want to have hope because Stranger was also written by a rookie writer and was really a wonderful drama so will continue to have hope.

The radio aspect is really very attractive and very rare in dramaland so am glad that at least KSH and YDJ are trying something new and different. Really hope that it can be very heartwarming especially in the cold winter months when the drama is airing and make people smile or nostalgic.

6 minutes ago, loveiskim said:

I love all of Sohyun's mom in the dramas but OMG Kim Hae Sook is definitely my fav! :heart:

Imagining her being Sohyun's mom in RR, i can already predicted how i'll cry my eyes out with their story........ :dissapointed_relieved:

Yes KHS and KSH really had a special chemistry! 

All their scenes were heartfelt! Really wish for their reunion!

But even KSH mother in PT was very good but only this time it'll be reverse for the blind part! :lol: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rossy5 said:
SInce the MTETS I have said KSH should have been the main protagonist child part...they look like sisters, mom and daug or clones.

Although it hard for KSH, but I glad that she is chosen to take that antagonist role.

Until today, I want to see her more in that kind of role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

Although it hard for KSH, but I glad that she is chosen to take that antagonist role.

Until today, I want to see her more in that kind of role.

yes i am too, glad that she taken up the antagonist role in TMTETS. it is there that i become a fan of hers, simply because she carried the emotion and antagonist feeling so well. no doubt it is nice if she is the protagonist but her role as the "bad" guy here is what make people start to notice her, and also during that time she is still a pretty unknown child actress compare to the other two.she once said in an interview that if the timing and script is right she will surely again take up that kind of role but i dont think it will be that soon. 

a picture with a fan/model during the 7th Korean wave award

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been thinking hard trying to imagine how the radio plot will be developed and played out. The 2 lead characters sound pretty interesting on their own but a drama needs more intriguing elements to hook viewers in. If it will be only about heartwarming everyday stories and romance, well we definitely need a top writing skilled writer this time. Try not to worry about things in advance but the ratings of some current airing dramas are so poor that I can’t help worry abt RR :( 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ly Khánh said:

I’ve been thinking hard trying to imagine how the radio plot will be developed and played out. The 2 lead characters sound pretty interesting on their own but a drama needs more intriguing elements to hook viewers in. If it will be only about heartwarming everyday stories and romance, well we definitely need a top writing skilled writer this time. Try not to worry about things in advance but the ratings of some current airing dramas are so poor that I can’t help worry abt RR :( 

I also thinking the possibilities that maybe they will solve their listener's problems? (long distance couple? , missing child? threatening call? suicide call? )

pairing with top star, maybe there will be some difficulties to go out with the various challenge to solve those problems?

they also emphasize that she has a blind mother. Maybe there is also another story behind that.

Being celebrity is difficult, I am sure there will be the event when the YDJ being framed for doing something bad, and KSH will use her radio to clear the air.

They will only have 2 hours airing time on the radio; the rest of the drama must be revolved around the listener's story too. Maybe they will be overwhelming with the stories and affect their everyday life.

I agree that the premise quite bland but yet it will be interesting if it goes on the right path.

about ratings, what I can say it is unpredictable, even a good story has a bad ratings (eg: 7 days Queen) and an even worse story has good ratings (eg: Ruler). So, it all depends on their preferences.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1