✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

It looks like SOUP has been awarded best causal wear brand for young women! 

Maybe someone can share a better translation but it looks like they've had very good sales this year and will exceed 100 billion won. Not sure what that means but very happy to hear that the brand endorsed by KSH is doing well!

http://www.itnk.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=55627

KSH a hard worker both in acting and as a cf model! 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mindstar said:

Very happy that we will get to see KSH again in a drama next month but also worried about the drama as a whole.

Ruler has really left us with such an experience in story and character development that it will take a long time to move on from it seems! 

The story and characters actually sound really nice and sweet but also very simplistic. If the writer doesn't add any dimensions to them or the PD doesn't allows the actors to add a few quirks and ad libs the characters run the risk of seeming flat so writing and directing is a real concern. Couldn't really find any info on PD and writer so that is a bit worrying. Need to search up details on the production companies as well.

We must agree that Ruler really makes us trauma and for sure to her too.

When the casting news was out, I am looking for pdnim and the scriptwriter. I am sure we all do. Worried about the root of this drama.

So I choose to be optimism one. Hope everything turns out okay.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Agreed with what you mention @mindstar. One more thing is while Ruler is more of a male centric drama, Radio Romance will be more or less a well balance one, probably a bit leaning toward the female lead. I guess Ruler had make us phobia about new writers with KSH. I hope it wont be a second Ruler too, as she have suffer lost of confidence enough during that time. I am keeping my expectations low too and i trust sohyunie decision on taking up this drama. 

With sales doing great, SOUP will definitely keeping Sohyun as their brand spoke person for the future. Am pretty sure about it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, faye406 said:

We must agree that Ruler really makes us trauma and for sure to her too.

When the casting news was out, I am looking for pdnim and the scriptwriter. I am sure we all do. Worried about the root of this drama.

So I choose to be optimism one. Hope everything turns out okay.

One of the producers is Urbanworks media which if am not is the production house behind Bad Guys both seasons. Not sure about the other production house. 

Radio Romance will be a small budget drama by the looks of it especially because KBS already has two very big upcoming productions in Suits and the LYA drama which will also start filming sometime around Jan-Feb. This is not a bad thing necessarily as Because its my first Life also was small budget drama but a very heartwarming one. Hope Radio Romance can be as heart warming as that drama.

Yes staying positive and always have trust in KSH. 

But either ways don't see this being a big ratings drama maybe 5-6 percent but if writing, directing is very strong and doesn't waste the talents of the leads then maybe it can go higher. Anyways, as long as the set is as fun and lively as LFG and KSH have fun don't really care about ratings.

11 hours ago, godhunters said:

Agreed with what you mention @mindstar. One more thing is while Ruler is more of a male centric drama, Radio Romance will be more or less a well balance one, probably a bit leaning toward the female lead. I guess Ruler had make us phobia about new writers with KSH. I hope it wont be a second Ruler too, as she have suffer lost of confidence enough during that time. I am keeping my expectations low too and i trust sohyunie decision on taking up this drama. 

The plot actually sounds sweet and simple and yes if our heroine can ground the story it would be nice but agree that romcoms are better balanced than historical dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eng translation of some knetzs comments on sohyun new drama

*ctto*

Haha, the comments are so cute... glad that Korean take this casting news much better than international fans who keep complaining about age gap. Fighting Sohyun!!!!

happy that by the look of the gender statistic who comment, it seems more are female. Proof that Sohyun have gain lots of fan girls too, shutting off those hater who keep saying Sohyun doesn’t have much female fans but instead relying on fan boys.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

The comments from Koreans is nice to read thankfully! Good to know they have a more positive attitude than international fans.

Just saw the production details on the Urbanworks blog and it looks like another rookie writer and even PD doesn't look like he has much experience directing. He has worked more as a producer than director. Lets be prepared for messy writing and directing since the writer-pd combination is somewhat doubtful.

Still, the premise sounds very nice and sweet and am quite attracted to it so can understand why KSH must have accepted the drama. Please don't waste KSH talents writernim and pdnim!

Anyways, am glad that the character Song Geu-rim is actually bad at her job! :lol:

It means the character isn't actually very experienced and qualified so it allows for KSH to be lost and confused in character as well. 

Hope they give her a believable age and style her nicely.

Just 7 weeks till we see KSH again! And hope to see her at the awards ceremony tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I agree this time, the character sound so sweet and simple;

but yet Ruler has the complex character in the beginning of the story and we know what has happened. 

easy to say I'm paranoid with rookie writers. hahahahha

and I hope this is totally new not like Ruler's writer (also rookie but not so new) that already has recorded making the second lead more appealing and has more ground in her previous works even before Ruler.

At least, with this new rookie writer, I didn't need to overthink and haunted by her previous works.

also me: 

14a50c23812d2c7d590229988681.gif

• LOL 5

Spoiler

You know, personally, i believe that what happened in the mess of Ruler's script wasn't solely because of an unexperience rookie writer. We can't ignore how good the plot was at the first half of the story. The sudden twisted plot was too weird & "forced" to be true. Therefore, if this just the matter of rookie writer, i don't think the PD, casts, and all of the staffs production would just let the writer doing what she wants.

So my conclusion is, there is some bigger 'issue' that causing the mess.

(Do you remember how this Ruler writer unexpectedly defeat KES-writer and got that best writer award?)

(Do you remember how corrupt MBC was?)

#ifyougetwhatimean

Well, this is just my opinion tho.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@loveiskim

Spoiler

If you follow the Ruler thread.

in the middle of the airing,

some commentators comment that Ruler has the hidden evil hand behind all this mess. But Moderators quickly close the case as it is baseless and might ruin others reputation.

and we all know that even KSH  told us that she has difficulty to understand her own character in the middle of shooting. She cannot blend herself with the character as she keeps asking why Ga Eun only crying and didn't make any move. 

and we all know that they do the script reading 3 TIMES. 

first is the official script reading.

but another 2? Maybe it means they keep changing the materials and need to brief to the crew about the changes.

I rarely see other production doing it many times honestly. IDK

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Melati Huda said:

Sohyunah how about your agency? I hope u confirm as soon as possible about the agency. does sohyun attend Korean wave award?

Yes hope KSH announce her agency soon and we see her at the awards ceremony today. 

There is very little time for the drama to start so hope KSH stays healthy and films happily! 

1 hour ago, summerstorm444 said:

marie claire. :)

The video is sweet! Looking forward to the pics! 

p.s. - why has the forum become so quiet recently? Where is everyone? :( 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, mindstar said:

probably because its festive and holidays month, and there is less rumors and gossip about KSH (which is a good thing). i am aware that i post less this few weeks too as my work increase due to holidays season.

hope that is the case, and the thread will get active again in January, hopefully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mindstar said:

22 minutes ago, godhunters said:

hope that is the case, and the thread will get active again in January, hopefully.

More or less because there are not much to update...

as we see in hot topics column, only shipper thread keeps alive while for the personal threads are rarely up.

and I planning to lurk around Round Romance thread soon. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1