✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

So SH cried at the party? Also the fact that heard Yoo Seung and L had to drag her to cut the cake ... aw! Don't blame her.

So Hyun ah, stop defending the writers ... they sucked! 

Definitely going to avoid any of their future works. Even if people then say that they've improved, I will probably then be reminded of Ruler and how the drama could have been better. So effectively avoiding for my sake.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

I can understand everybody's frustration on how the writers were toward KSH. At the end of the day, the writers were new and probably were still learning. KSH expressed how much she felt bad for the writers due to the viewer's comments. To say they suck is far fetched. I'm a writer myself and beginner's work is always a learning process. 

It seems like KSH has a lot of respect for the writers and vice versa. To express that she & the writers cried together at the wrap up party, that's sad to hear. There's no ill feelings between them so there's no need to be so mad. KSH even said that the drama was a good drama for her & she truly had fun with everybody else involved. 

@pageturner the cast & crew had scripts from 1-5 in the beginning of January I believe. As the months went on, they would get the new scrips. At the press conference, the director mentioned how he just received the last script the day before the conference so I think that gives a good idea how the distribution of the script went.

@joyspartace thank you for your answer. I genuinely wanted to know.

You're probably right about the whole rookie writer thing but still I can't get over it, even for rookies (assuming they've gone through a bit of training)... the plot holes... they were just so many...messy.. cheesy.. too idealistic,so uneven, I mean I bet lots of posters in the Ruler thread have said these things so nothing new. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, angrytomato said:

I have no doubts about that. But there's a huge step between having ill feelings and thinking that "Ruler" is the best script she could have been performed; even better that, said, Moon Embracing the Sun, I Miss You or the first 2/3 of School 2015.

So, my "reading-between-the-lines detector" may be broken or every time she described how hard was to develop Ga-eun character, she was blaming the writers at the bottom. At least, unconsciously.

Can't remember exactly where and when, but I read it at Ruler's thread.

KSH taking on the blame for her character might stem from the dislike the people felt for her character because I feel like in her head a good actor should be able to bring to life even the most 1 dimensional character. I think she saw it as a test and so she was disappointed that people couldn't identify with the character at the end of the day. Its not about it being a good script but more about not being able to make the character resonate is probably what shook her.

I don't think its entirely  wrong for her to think that way because yes a good actor can bring to life even the worst characterization but on this one it was not just bad writing but bad directing and weird editing that ruined the character overall. Still, its good to for KSH to know that her growth doesn't plateau just because she's been acting for a decade and each role will have a different acting challenge and some will be harder than others. Not that I think she didn't know this already but I see her taking on the challenge more actively now. Like one of the director's said, she's a smart actress and she'll find a way to move forward. I have full faith in her, fighting So Hyun-ah!

And I honestly think KSH experienced this because she pushes herself way more than her contemporaries and goes across the genre instead of playing it safe. If Ruler had been a light saeguk then this issue would probably not have arisen in the first place.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Somebody mentioned on Twitter that she was standing at the side, so those two ... I don't know "dragged" her and put her in the middle. I don't know what other word to use for it. Lol

I doubt it was full on crying. As you said, probably a tearful moment. She looked fine when leaving lol

Its possible that they just accompanied her, but I did love how they literally squeezed her between them! Its like 2 oppa's protecting their precious dongseng! Lol

I've been wondering for a while but I wonder who all KSH is close to, in the celeb circuit I mean. I only know she's BFF with Ji Woo but there must be others. Anyone know?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mindstar said:

Its possible that they just accompanied her, but I did love how they literally squeezed her between them! Its like 2 oppa's protecting their precious dongseng! Lol

I've been wondering for a while but I wonder who all KSH is close to, in the celeb circuit I mean. I only know she's BFF with Ji Woo but there must be others. Anyone know?

Well yeah. Seung Ho. :wub::lol:

• Like 3

@mindstar she is a lot more close to her old school friends than celebrities. She just recently said in her interview that although she has few celebrity friends - she said "YSH is one of them" (: YAAAY' besides that, Ji Woo is the only celebrity I know that she is best friends with. And it seems like she still remains in good contact with Yeo Jin Goo, KYJ and some of other people as her friends. 

AT THE END OF THE DAY, Ruler was a drama that became a good experience and memory for KSH. That's all that truly matters. She got to work with a sunbae that has been her father for other precious works again which makes me happy. And she has met people like YSH and comfortably shared so many life stories with as they both have memories of child actors. I think that despite how the drama and character wise went, I'm more happy that she got to learn more experiences and got to be surrounded by so many lovely people for Ruler in the cast.

• Like 6

Chingu-dul KSH's article is trending on Naver at No. 2!! It has 700+ comments and top comment has over 4000 likes!

I think she's talking about YSH making her swoon in this article. Basically the same one Soompi already posted I think.

@joyspartace please correct me if I'm wrong! Hehe

DE02ej-UMAEp14z.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, joyspartace said:

@mindstar she is a lot more close to her old school friends than celebrities. She just recently said in her interview that although she has few celebrity friends - she said "YSH is one of them" (: YAAAY' besides that, Ji Woo is the only celebrity I know that she is best friends with. And it seems like she still remains in good contact with Yeo Jin Goo, KYJ and some of other people as her friends. 

AT THE END OF THE DAY, Ruler was a drama that became a good experience and memory for KSH. That's all that truly matters. She got to work with a sunbae that has been her father for other precious works again which makes me happy. And she has met people like YSH and comfortably shared so many life stories with as they both have memories of child actors. I think that despite how the drama and character wise went, I'm more happy that she got to learn more experiences and got to be surrounded by so many lovely people for Ruler in the cast.

She explicitly said that YSH is one of them!? Oh wow!! So cute! I agree, despite Ruler not being the drama we expected it to be I am very happy she met so many great senior actors and people like YSH and built a friendship with them. It really does feel that she experienced many things because of the drama and I hope it only makes her stronger and better. I'm looking forward to her future! :) 

• Like 5

Hi chingus! Here are my thoughts for KSH and the writers of Ruler:

As much as it makes me sad that KSH cried at the party alongside the writers, I will have to say it is most likely her heart of empathy. She most likely also understands how hard it must have been for the writers too, given the fact that they were probably reading viewers comments too. As I said, being a writer and receiving comments/feedbacks can either break you or make you. If the writers cried, they may have understood the struggle they put GE's character through but couldn't do much to fix it if the scripts were already handed in. Again, this is just my speculations. I agree. The writers did not have a strong balance of writing. But they did develop a strong love story and both KSH and YSH brought it to life to with the chemistry. Where the writers messed up, I see they made it up in some other way. 

Why did KSH take the blame on herself? I am not surprised she did. From reading translations, KSH stated she knew who the writer was and it was her who decided to take the role of GE. She was trying very hard to be GE. But she was struggling to understand GE too, like us. She must have felt that she let the fans down or even the writers. And she knows there is nothing that can be done to change the facts. Sometimes, it is easy to feel that even doing your best is not enough. There will always be that lingering question of 'I should have done even more' or 'what did I do wrong?'

Yet, and most of all, she doesn't look down on anyone. If she was to admit it was the fault of the writers, it would directly be disrespectful and discouraging to them. She has a very matured state of mind, someone who would rather remain humble and fair to everyone. The drama took a whole team to create and complete. She was part of the team. It would not be right to throw anyone under the bus. And it wouldn't be professional too. All this said, i still hope YSH and KSH reunite again soon because I miss them onscreen already.

For the writers..if even KSH can let it go and forgive them, then I will, too. It is not because I am giving them too much credit despite their messy flaws of the drama. But because I do understand how hard it is to write something, let alone a script for a huge production. I will definitely look to see what these writers took from Ruler, and how they used it to grow. Every one from Ruler must have gained something positive and should use it to be better themselves instead of letting it impact their self confidence. If these writers are truly rookies, they can definitely learn how to work on their styles and balancing of elements. And if they do another project, it would be great for them to be assistant or even collaborate with a veteran writer. Even something like this can contribute to them becoming better in their future works. Just my thoughts.

But..to me..what matters most is that KSH, YSH and the rest of the crew..were happy together. They faced hardships and fun times together. They have no regrets whatsoever. From their BTS and interviews, friendships were forged and bonds were seen. Little things like this that make the essence much warmer. KSH is a great actress. I am positive she will become even better to the level of which she wants to be :D

Aww..did she say YSH is one of her friends? Sweet!!! 

• Like 10

@mindstar you're not wrong! the article talks about YSH (: 

the comments for the article varies from positive to negative but overall, people support KSH & YSH doing another drama together. 

im just relieved that KSH who has a hard time getting close with people has openly said that although she has few celebrity friends - one of them is YSH (:

as a fan of them both individually for a long time now, YSH's personality is likewise with KSH. So I am just glad that through this drama, these two are now good friends (:

• Like 2

@joyspartace aww, negative comments too? Why though? But I guess not all comments can be positive. :(

Still, I'm glad the overall consensus supports them.

Yes, I've also always thought that KSH & YSH are so similar in terms of personality and their acting methods.

Me too, so happy to know they are finally friends. I think they'll be a good support system to each other. I find that both Ji Woo and YSH are the quite introverted types though! Lol

• Like 2

@mindstar aha! introverted types seem to get along more often. with the help of outgoing and lively people, KSH's silly side comes out when she surrounds herself with them. (Taecyeon & even actor Park Chul Min) 

but KSH is more comfortable when she's quiet. she laughs and smiles a lot on sight because she observes so many things in silence a bit lol which is why when people were stressing how YSH & KSH doesn't seem close with some BTS videos, I just think the cameras were rolling at wrong times sometimes. 

the fact that KSH shared that they both talked a lot about their childhood acting past, talking about the hard and good times of it. it seems as if they've been actively getting close as friends which is good. And that V LIVE still remains so cute and evident of their close friendship (:

i know! I honestly can't wait for the filming for Ji Woo's drama since she'll be filming w/ CW! Ruler connection all around lol

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Alors SH a crié à la fête? Aussi, le fait que l'on entendait Yoo Seung et L a dû la trainer pour couper le gâteau ... aw! Ne le blâmez pas.

Alors Hyun ah, arrêtez de défendre les écrivains ... ils ont sucked! 

IuiiiiiiIuiiiiiii

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joyspartace said:

@mindstar aha! introverted types seem to get along more often. with the help of outgoing and lively people, KSH's silly side comes out when she surrounds herself with them. (Taecyeon & even actor Park Chul Min) 

but KSH is more comfortable when she's quiet. she laughs and smiles a lot on sight because she observes so many things in silence a bit lol which is why when people were stressing how YSH & KSH doesn't seem close with some BTS videos, I just think the cameras were rolling at wrong times sometimes. 

the fact that KSH shared that they both talked a lot about their childhood acting past, talking about the hard and good times of it. it seems as if they've been actively getting close as friends which is good. And that V LIVE still remains so cute and evident of their close friendship (:

i know! I honestly can't wait for the filming for Ji Woo's drama since she'll be filming w/ CW! Ruler connection all around lol

I liked how much brighter KSH was around Taec and Sung Jae because like you said, it brings out her silly/humorous side. I love seeing her being bright and bubbly which is probably why I loved LFG so much! And even the BTS were so much fun to watch. I jope as she grows older she'll learn to open up to people more because it sometimes helps to let people in. Though, I think KSH might be aware of this already, she does make a lot of efforts to lighten up the set and both her and YSH clearly made a lot of jokes on set!

Yes, that VLive will forever be one of my fav parts of Ruler! Really loved every single interaction of their's in that video! Though knowing those two they'll never openly express their friendship. I wonder if she's close to L as well! They seemed to have a good interaction on set as well. Did he say anything about KSH in his interviews? Does anyone know?

And yes I'm also waiting to see AOY for Ji Woo and CW! I wonder if KSH will send food support! Maybe she'll do it super low key! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mindstar said:

KSH ranked 5th for July Drama Actors Brand Reputation Index! She's the 2nd highest for an actress!

:lol: Oh my. At first sight, I read "KSH ranked 5th for July Drama Actors Bad Reputation Index" and I was like WHAT-THE-BEEEEP?

After reading your comments and other people's at this thread, I've changed my opinion about who was KSH blaming and who wasn't blaming. You are basically right.

• Like 3