✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

@mindstar yeah she is tiny! In an interview a few years ago, she said she wanted to have better stamina and so started going to the gym. I thought for a second that maybe she is preparing for a new role but maybe that's just me wanting to see her in a new production soon. Girl is a workaholic but thinking about it more.... ultimately I just want her to take it easy and rest for a few months and come back stronger.

It's interesting that in her recent fanmeeting, I read that she wants the challenge of taking the role of a female soldier. That would be awesome to see, maybe in a few years she will get her wish and please let the role be a well written one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pageturner said:

@mindstar yeah she is tiny! In an interview a few years ago, she said she wanted to have better stamina and so started going to the gym. I thought for a second that maybe she is preparing for a new role but maybe that's just me wanting to see her in a new production soon. Girl is a workaholic but thinking about it more.... ultimately I just want her to take it easy and rest for a few months and come back stronger.

It's interesting that in her recent fanmeeting, I read that she wants the challenge of taking the role of a female soldier. That would be awesome to see, maybe in a few years she will get her wish and please let the role be a well written one.

So she's a workaholic and a fitness freak! Someone tell me how this girl is only 18!? 

I read about that soldier thing too and even in the Vlive she said she wanted to do action scenes. I liked all her fight scenes in LFG even though they looked very obviously choreographed. KSH as a soldier or even an assassin or something would be so cool! I'm starting to realize KSH really isn't as feminine as her image is made out to be. Love it! Much girl crush!

And yes please let ALL her future roles be very well written! #prayercircleneeded

• Like 6

Any role is welcome... apart from damsel-in-distress. No more DID, please.

Anyway, I'm worried too about her being a workaholic. In the past, I followed an American actress who did the same in her teenage years and ended aging not very well. In her 30's, her face was a huge "I'm so tired".

• Like 3

23 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Any role is welcome... apart from damsel-in-distress. No more DID, please.

Never again please! I just can't with those roles.

And I'm so used to her playing sassy/feisty characters with substance that the role was more shocking but still KSH really did a swell job of it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, googleme said:

I was browsing through instagram, and came across this photo 

He looks so handsome! Hahaha i want reunion! :joy: i think the

Wow! Park Ji Bin really grew up! :o

I actually liked their cute sidestory in the drama. 

Hahaha, imagine these child stars will spend the next 5 years reuniting with each other. Its like they have their own fraternity! Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

her pictures for post drama interview about Ruler:

theres a lot more pictures (:

Thank you for sharing! 

Waaa! Her visuals are just out of this world! Daebak! :wub:

Can someone also please share the translated versions of the interviews? Really want to know what she said.

Btw, saw on Naver that her interview article is trending on No.2 and has 600+ comments! :o

• Like 4

I did love how honest KSH was about how she felt about Han Ga Eun overall. This interview really made me sad because I had a feeling that she was feeling all sort of emotions and reading this interview really confirmed it for me. 

rough translations/explanation of KSH's post interview (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG): 

Kim So Hyun expressed how she made efforts to improve her character as a heroine. She spent her time talking about her character and researching as she had a hard time understanding Han Ga Eun. She felt lost and slowly started losing confidence in herself as an actress. She reads comments and felt happy about the praises that she was receiving but she admitted that she felt sorry for herself. She had a difficult time understanding her character throughout the drama. She wanted to understand more about avenging her father's death as it should've been an important factor for her as a character. 

Ruler eventually became her slump period. As everybody was praising her acting and visual, she said it was the hardest work she has done so far as she lost self confidence. Throughout filming the drama, she had a lot of thoughts going on. She felt almost embarrassed because she didn't know what or who she was acting, she couldn't come to a full understanding of who Han Ga Eun was. This was her first slump and it was hard for her. 

Although it was challenging, she has reflected a lot on her own and is moving forward as she accepts what viewers and the public think. As she shot Ruler, she would carefully look through comments. She tried her best to look at one comment without getting hurt. She was pleased with the praises and how well received it was. She also commented on how she spent so much crying during the second half of the drama, she felt it was mentally and physically hard at times. Her face eventually became swollen from it. She said that she understood her tears in the first half after her father's death so the acting for it wasn't hard. But as the second half continued on, she had to control a lot more emotions. The process of how Ga Eun was pursuing revenge was frustrating and unfortunate for her as the character didn't know anything. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I did love how honest KSH was about how she felt about Han Ga Eun overall. This interview really made me sad because I had a feeling that she was feeling all sort of emotions and reading this interview really confirmed it for me. 

rough translations/explanation of KSH's post interview (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG): 

Kim So Hyun expressed how she made efforts to improve her character as a heroine. She spent her time talking about her character and researching as she had a hard time understanding Han Ga Eun. She felt lost and slowly started losing confidence in herself as an actress. She reads comments and felt happy about the praises that she was receiving but she admitted that she felt sorry for herself. She had a difficult time understanding her character throughout the drama. She wanted to understand more about avenging her father's death as it should've been an important factor for her as a character. 

Ruler eventually became her slump period. As everybody was praising her acting and visual, she said it was the hardest work she has done so far as she lost self confidence. Throughout filming the drama, she had a lot of thoughts going on. She felt almost embarrassed because she didn't know what or who she was acting, she couldn't come to a full understanding of who Han Ga Eun was. This was her first slump and it was hard for her. 

Although it was challenging, she has reflected a lot on her own and is moving forward as she accepts what viewers and the public think. As she shot Ruler, she would carefully look through comments. She tried her best to look at one comment without getting hurt. She was pleased with the praises and how well received it was. She also commented on how she spent so much crying during the second half of the drama, she felt it was mentally and physically hard at times. Her face eventually became swollen from it. She said that she understood her tears in the first half after her father's death so the acting for it wasn't hard. But as the second half continued on, she had to control a lot more emotions. The process of how Ga Eun was pursuing revenge was frustrating and unfortunate for her as the character didn't know anything. 

Chingu! Thank you for always coming through on translations! :D

KSH's words are so bittersweet but knowing how self aware she is as a person I'm not surprised she felt the way she did. 

KSH is always the first to recognize faults in her acting and works hard to better herself always. She really shouldn't blame herself, its not her fault at all. I don't know what the K-netz are saying but I personally feel she did the best with what was given to her and she should be proud of herself.

This is her highest rated drama till date so she should be proud of herself for being able to bring in the audience week after week.

Fighting Sohyun-ah! Hope she has tons of fan meetings and the interactions lift up her spirits! :)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

The writing and directing for Ruler was a big mess. Most, if not all So-hyun fans (myself included) were upset since from early on when the drama was airing with how the character development for the character Ga-eun was not much. We noticed, surely she noticed as well. I'm sad reading about how she thinks Ruler eventually became her slump period.So-hyun-ah! *cries*  I agree with @mindstar that it really is'nt her fault, she should'nt blame herself and she did her best with what was given to her. So-hyun-ah, cheer up! I wish you joy in all aspects of your life, So-hyun-ah! 

Not that I had an issue before with her selections but I can't help but wonder if she will be a little bit more selective of her drama/movie projects from now on. Personally, I want her to do more youth dramas for now or maybe be in a " Reply " drama particularly after she did a photoshoot for High Cut wearing clothes from the year 1999, so maybe "Reply 1999"? Maybe! with Son Ye-Jin playing her character in the present time! Such wishful thinking! Don't mind me!

Hopefully with this break, So-hyun will gain perspective, her self-confidence back and comfort from her family and friends. Certainly is a growing period. Anyways, her cameo in " While you were sleeping" is next!

Thank you @joyspartace for sharing! Really appreciate it.

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/13/kim-hyun-talks-co-star-yoo-seung-ho-helped-filming-kiss-scene/

Kim So Hyun, who starred in the MBC drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” recently sat down for an interview and talked about her co-star Yoo Seung Ho and how he helped her while filming for the drama.

The actress said, “Since we both acted together when we were younger as child actors, we have a lot of the same thoughts and concerns, which has allowed us to have many meaningful conversations.”

She continued, “Just the fact that someone like Yoo Seung Ho exists is a great source of strength for me. I also received a lot of help from him while filming since he’s very good at really carrying whatever project he’s working on.”

Kim So Hyun also revealed how her co-star helped while filming their kiss scene for “Ruler: Master of the Mask” and said, ” It’s super awkward if you think that it will be awkward so I tried my hardest to channel my character’s emotions [while filming the kiss scene]. Plus, Yoo Seung Ho helped create an atmosphere in which I felt the most comfortable [for the kiss scene].”

When asked if she ever swooned because of Yoo Seung Ho, who she has previously named as her ideal type, she responded humorously, “Don’t almost all females swoon because of him?”

She continued, “While acting for the drama, there are many moments in which he comes off as very cool so I definitely have swooned; however, since we are both actors, we just have a comfortable, friendly relationship.”

kim-so-hyun-1.jpg

Sohyunie, good luck on your studies :)

• Like 5