✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

I think Sidus is a company that handles their artists pretty well. I feel as if people just dislike KSH with the company is due to the pure fact she is compared a lot to KYJ, a label mate and friend at the same time. Certain factors of how KSH keeps being in dramas while KYJ aren't keep being targeted as if it's her fault. But anyone who knows KYJ, knows that she is considerably picky with her choice of dramas. It has nothing to do with KSH. 

Honestly? Regardless where she goes, I really don't mind for it. I'll still support her but I do hope that SHE DOES NOT HEAD TO YG. I really dislike that company for having so many actors under them and it seems as if they don't handle their artists well. 

With Sidus, they provide us with so many BTS pictures and videos when KSH has projects and CFs. The company doesn't mistreat her as far as we can see through media eyes. But it's KSH choice and she is no matter a talented, amazing and good hearted girl who will have fans anywhere she goes. So, no doubt, she'll still do amazing on her own. 

EDIT: Trailer for Your Name (Korean Dub Ver. Movie) that KSH is taking part in. All money will proceed to donations. Release date is July 13.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

I think Sidus is a company that handles their artists pretty well. I feel as if people just dislike KSH with the company is due to the pure fact she is compared a lot to KYJ, a label mate and friend at the same time. Certain factors of how KSH keeps being in dramas while KYJ aren't keep being targeted as if it's her fault. But anyone who knows KYJ, knows that she is considerably picky with her choice of dramas. It has nothing to do with KSH. 

Honestly? Regardless where she goes, I really don't mind for it. I'll still support her but I do hope that SHE DOES NOT HEAD TO YG. I really dislike that company for having so many actors under them and it seems as if they don't handle their artists well. 

With Sidus, they provide us with so many BTS pictures and videos when KSH has projects and CFs. The company doesn't mistreat her as far as we can see through media eyes. But it's KSH choice and she is no matter a talented, amazing and good hearted girl who will have fans anywhere she goes. So, no doubt, she'll still do amazing on her own. 

EDIT: Trailer for Your Name (Korean Dub Ver. Movie) that KSH is taking part in. All money will proceed to donations. Release date is July 13.

I'm actually on the fence about Sidus. I feel like they've been pushing KSH a bit too much these last 2 years but they've just gotten lucky with the projects until Ruler which has been a major misstep except for the fact that it gave us this adorable couple! Nonetheless I'm not sure which other agency I would rather she go to because a lot of big agencies handle their artists poorly and small agencies don't have the resources. If the contract were expiring in 5 years instead of right now I would actually support her decision to set up a one man agency but right now I do feel she is still a little young. Irrespective I know I'll end up supporting her no matter what she chooses.

Thanks for sharing the dubbed trailer! I actually really like KSH's voice but I am a bit worried about the voice actors controversy the film seems to be courting. Does anyone have a clearer picture of what k-netz are saying on that?

Sohyun-ah please just be happy! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mindstar said:

I'm actually on the fence about Sidus. I feel like they've been pushing KSH a bit too much these last 2 years but they've just gotten lucky with the projects until Ruler which has been a major misstep except for the fact that it gave us this adorable couple! Nonetheless I'm not sure which other agency I would rather she go to because a lot of big agencies handle their artists poorly and small agencies don't have the resources. If the contract were expiring in 5 years instead of right now I would actually support her decision to set up a one man agency but right now I do feel she is still a little young. Irrespective I know I'll end up supporting her no matter what she chooses.

Thanks for sharing the dubbed trailer! I actually really like KSH's voice but I am a bit worried about the voice actors controversy the film seems to be courting. Does anyone have a clearer picture of what k-netz are saying on that?

Sohyun-ah please just be happy! 

I think the CEO of Sidus really takes good care of KSH.

Even Page Turner was a project initiated and produced by Sidus and he had her headline it.  Pros of leaving the agency is that the doubts of incoming jobs being shared fairly and equally between these two precocious actress will finally end.  More say in the productions and projects she does compared to her agency swaying her to accept offers right now.

Cons - With Sidus being such a major power in the films and drama production , alot of times, they will prefer to use their in house artist to front their productions.  She leaving will mean cutting herself out of a slice of the action. Also for School 2015, the producers initially courted Lee Yu Bi  for the role but when she declined, Sidus jumped into action and persuaded them to use Kim So Hyun instead leading to her first headlining role.  They definitely have a lot of clout to them and have treated their artistes fairly well.  Jung Hoon Tak is a legend in artiste management and also discovered Jeon Ji Hyun (thats why despite the money issues between them, she still continued her relationship with Sidus for another 3 years before going solo).  If he's on KSH's team, its a huge bonus to her career and not a detriment.

Its a huge decision and dilemma for her for sure.  But if I were in her shoes, I will likely renew another 2 years, gain more maturity and independence, solidify her actress standing before taking the plunge to self manage.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Huh? Voice actors controversy? Please tell us about that!:o

There seems to be some noise about Celebrity casting and how the actors aren't suited to be voice actors. Which while a valid complaint I think they are only making this much noise because a. Popularity of the two actors  b.  Popularity of the movie in general.

I personally think they sound great in the trailers but I don't know how Knetz will react to it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mindstar said:

There seems to be some noise about Celebrity casting and how the actors aren't suited to be voice actors.

That's funny. In my country, animation voices are given to actors, but also singers, TV hosts or even stand-up comedians. IDK what's wrong about an actor doing voice acting.

One way of another, it seems they don't leave our Kim So-hyun alone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

That's funny. In my country, animation voices are given to actors, but also singers, TV hosts or even stand-up comedians. IDK what's wrong about an actor doing voice acting.

One way of another, it seems they don't leave our Kim So-hyun alone.

Same here. And the thing is its not just them but other celebs also who have done dubbing so to harp on them just because of their popularity is rather unprofessional. If you see the NaverCast video for the trailer it has over 800 comments. Reading them should give you an idea of what people are saying.

4 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

I think the CEO of Sidus really takes good care of KSH.

Even Page Turner was a project initiated and produced by Sidus and he had her headline it.  Pros of leaving the agency is that the doubts of incoming jobs being shared fairly and equally between these two precocious actress will finally end.  More say in the productions and projects she does compared to her agency swaying her to accept offers right now.

Cons - With Sidus being such a major power in the films and drama production , alot of times, they will prefer to use their in house artist to front their productions.  She leaving will mean cutting herself out of a slice of the action. Also for School 2015, the producers initially courted Lee Yu Bi  for the role but when she declined, Sidus jumped into action and persuaded them to use Kim So Hyun instead leading to her first headlining role.  They definitely have a lot of clout to them and have treated their artistes fairly well.  Jung Hoon Tak is a legend in artiste management and also discovered Jeon Ji Hyun (thats why despite the money issues between them, she still continued her relationship with Sidus for another 3 years before going solo).  If he's on KSH's team, its a huge bonus to her career and not a detriment.

Its a huge decision and dilemma for her for sure.  But if I were in her shoes, I will likely renew another 2 years, gain more maturity and independence, solidify her actress standing before taking the plunge to self manage.

I really can't imagine having to take a decision like that at such a young age. Sohyun-ah fighting! 

That aside, I'm really looking forward to her pictorial shoot tomorrow! Wonder what sort of theme it'll have! Hope someone uploads a spoiler pic! Hehe

• Like 3

14 hours ago, joyspartace_stv said:

SO HYUN's OST IS OFFICIALLY OUT! Please help and support her! All the fans are supporting her through the OST as a thank you and as a grateful action towards her! PLEASE SUPPORT! (:

I've literally been listening to it all day and its SO GOOD!! KSH has really improved her vocals! Her voice is so sweet! :wub:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, joyspartace said:

her adorable update on IG: 

Thank you for sharing! 

OMG! She looks so cute!! I don't think I've ever seen her a post a pic like this before! Kyeoppta!

It looks like she's cut her hair no? And its brown again instead of the jet black she's had in Ruler!

• Like 2

Just got back from reading comments from the dubbed anime trailer, the responses are pretty negative. They said their voices doesnt suit the characters and they are disappointed. Kim so hyun must have been under a lot of pressure; the contract renewal discussions, ruler (people criticizing her character), and now the negative response:(:D:D I hope she is fine and handling it well. And I hope her family and friends embraces her with warm support. Her selfie was so adorable! :wub:

• Like 4

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002688749

@googleme I feel like the negative response is more on what article itself. whoever wrote the article above seems to have their own opinion and dislike on KSH & JCW being chosen as the voice dubs for the film. I've read the comments and many are critiquing the journalist more on the article than the actors. Some comments say that it isn't the blame of the actors. Many even voice that KSH voice is very good and clear for the role. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

@googleme I feel like the negative response is more on what article itself. whoever wrote the article above seems to have their own opinion and dislike on KSH & JCW being chosen as the voice dubs for the film. I've read the comments and many are critiquing the journalist more on the article than the actors. Some comments say that it isn't the blame of the actors. Many even voice that KSH voice is very good and clear for the role. 

While I agree with the standpoint of the voice actors on the whole Celebrity Casting as being an issue I still don't think that they should go to the extent of nitpicking on the actors just to put their point across. I mean some of the comments I read said stuff like 'They sound like JCW & KSH' which was such a dumb comment. And the main point for this production is that every single person who has been cast is an actor and even the director they used is a movie director so if anyone is to blame its the production house because they are using the popularity of the leads to sell this dubbed version perhaps to other countries.

But really this past month or so must have been really tough for KSH! Hope she has a good rest and comes back stronger!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joyspartace said:

Oh i didnt read any article, i just watched the teaser and read the comments. But thats good to hear :D  

• Like 2

DEMLwcwUAAAcqNt.jpg

DEML6ZCUwAA844L.jpg

Don't really know when these pics are from but KSH in casual clothes! Waaa!

That guy looks like one of the staffs from Ruler so maybe its recent.

Not sure but has KSH always liked wearing caps or is this just a celebrity guise whenever they go out?

• Like 2