✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Kim So-Hyun is Ready for a New Chapter

The Korean actress reveals her dreams for the future, her beauty secrets and her camaraderie wih Jung Ga-ram and Song Kang on set for the upcoming Netflix drama,  "Love Alarm".
by Pameyla Cambe
1556511906409180-1555316604406726-1.jpg?w=1920&h=800&fit=clip&crop=bottom&fm=pjpg&auto=compress

Kim So-Hyun at Gentle Monster's '13' Launch Party

What do you enjoy and find most challenging about being an actress?

I started out as a child actress but now I’m 21 years old. I feel like it’s the beginning of a new chapter in my acting career. In all those years I spent as a child actress, there were experiences that now serve as a very strong foundation of what I can do today. What I enjoy the most is being able to immerse a hundred percent into the character that I’m playing and really share the feelings that they’re supposed to feel. 

How do you usually prepare for a role?

When I first get the script, I don’t just go straight to memorizing my lines. I set plenty of time aside to really get to know the character like a real person. When I feel that I have really learnt about them, then I try my best to genuinely express the character. It has to be real for me.

What was it like working with Jung Ga-ram and Song Kang for your upcoming Netflix series, Love Alarm?

Jung Ga-ram and I went to the same university in 2018. He is very serious about his acting and very passionate. He really does his best for each scene. So, it was really helpful to have him around and I learnt a lot from him. He is a colleague you can depend on.

As for Song Kang, he is a very delightful, pleasant person to be around. With his great sense of humour, he was able to make everybody working on the set, happy and feel enthusiastic about what we were doing. It felt very comfortable around these two actors, and I was able to really enjoy working on this upcoming Netflix original production. We had a great chemistry when communicating with each other.

1556511588494589 1555316604921507 kim so hyun 21556511561459049 1555316604739694 2. kim so hyun 3
Kim So-Hyun at Gentle Monster's '13' Launch Party

You’ve starred in a variety of shows, but are there any genres that you’re keen to try out?

So far, most of the shows that I’ve done have been relatively serious. I would like to venture into playing lighter characters with a sense of humour, or star in a comedy mixed with action.

What are your aspirations as an actress?

What I try to do as an actress is to communicate with the viewers, to create a shared feeling, so that if anybody is going through a hard time, they can watch me and feel some consolation and laugh, or be happy. I believe that’s what I am doing and I would like to continue to play that role. It is very important that I become successful as an actress, but as a human being, it is very important that I feel happy.

Would you like to venture into other careers besides acting?

I don’t have any big plans right now; I think I am very happy with acting. But, down the road, if other opportunities arise, I would like to learn more. Perhaps, maybe one day write a book. Because I really enjoy reading novels too, I would like to write a scenario or about myself.

1556509080776933 1551153024479954 kim so hyun and ji soo
Kim So-Hyun & Ji Soo at Gentle Monster's '13' Launch Party

How would you describe your style?

I don’t feel like I have really developed my style yet. I’m on my way to learning more about what suits me and what kind of style I feel comfortable wearing. Even if it’s pretty clothes, I have to feel comfortable in them for people who look at me to appreciate them. If not, I will definitely look awkward. 

What are your favourite styles from Gentle Monster and why?
There are very nice styles in Gentle Monster’s new 13 collection but, by far, my favourite is the East Moon, which I wore when I came to Singapore. I was very worried when I first tried them on because I don’t wear sunglasses enough to really know what suits my face, but the East Moon model was very comfortable and felt very natural. The glasses are flat, so it looks really chic. It’s not too much yet it accentuates a style and makes a point. 

What are your top 3 beauty tips?
The first thing that comes to my mind is that I love massages. Whether it’s a facial or a full body massage, I get one all the time. My second tip will be to eat healthy food that is good for the skin. I love eating, but whenever I have something important to do, like an important event coming up, I try to eat food that is good for my complexion and overall physical condition. My third tip will be to try to not get stressed.

https://www.lofficielsingapore.com/Culture/kim-so-hyun-interview-gentle-monster-netflix-drama-love-alarm-2019

cr.miemosa-twitter

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jang Dong Yoon Confirmed For Upcoming Historical Rom-Com With Kim So Hyun

Jang Dong Yoon has been confirmed to star alongside Kim So Hyun in upcoming drama “Mung Bean Chronicle” (literal title).

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “Mung Bean Chronicle” is a historical rom-com about Jeon Nok Du, a man who disguises himself as a woman to join a mysterious all-woman community, and Dong Dong Joo, a woman who does not want to become a gisaeng.

Jang Dong Yoon will be playing Jeon Nok Du, a man with extraordinary ambition to experience the big, wide world. With looks, brains, and athletic abilities, he is the epitome of perfection. After being swept up in an incident, he joins the all-female community where men are forbidden and meets Dong Dong Joo.

Kim So Hyun will be taking on the role of Dong Dong Joo, a prickly gisaeng trainee. Along with her fiery personality, she is clumsy, has absolutely no sense of rhythm, and is tone-deaf, which makes all of her peers look after her. However, she is skilled with her hands as she can make anything if given the right tools. Unable to stand injustice, she speaks her mind.

Song Geon Hee has also been confirmed to join the drama as Jeon Nok Du’s older brother Jeon Hwang Tae.

The production staff stated, “It is a drama where Jeon Nok Du and Dong Dong Joo’s charms as original characters are very important. We worked hard in casting to make this come to life. Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun will create a kind of fresh and fun synergy that does not have to be explained. Please look forward to the two as they bring alive the original work and add their own color.”

The drama will be directed by producing director Kim Dong Hwi, who previously directed dramas such as “Fight My Way” and “The Merchant: Gaekju 2015.” It will be written by Im Ye Jin, who previously wrote popular dramas such as “If We Were A Season,” “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds,” and “Who Are You,” as well as Baek So Yeon, who previously wrote “Kang Deok Soon’s Love History.”

“Mung Bean Chronicle” is slated to air its first episode in September.

cr:soompi

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Elif Ataş said:

She is Kang So Hyang in School 2015.I am very happy with this news. Sohyun feel comfortable with familiar faces around her.

Wow! She is an amazing actress, will they play antagonists again?

Kim So-hyun, Lim Ye-jin (writer), Joo So-hyang... only Sungjae is missing to complete a School 2015 dream meeting.

Edit: oops, sorry, I didn't read the main male lead has already been confirmed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Wow! She is an amazing actress, will they play antagonists again?

Jo Su Hyang will act as the leader of the village and protect the women. Maybe she 
gonna have good relationship (or bad) with Dong Jo (Sohyun)
D5X2YHBV4AAMIe6.jpg
Cr miemosa twitter

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/04/30/kim-so-hyun-confirms-kbs-sageuk-youth-romance-tale-of-nok-du-and-schedules-june-birthday-fan-meeting/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://myreviews4you.com/top-10-best-korean-tv-serial-actresses-2018/

Top 10 Best Korean TV Serial Actresses 2018

People have different ideas and have their favorite lists. When coming to celebrities, of course, you may already have your top list. In this article will discuss about Korean stars and specifically focus on female celebrities. This new year of 2018, a lot of dramas or television serials have been showcased already. You can see new rising stars who receive big recognition through the small screen, while some veteran actresses still hold high position and popularity acting as main characters. Korean actresses are best known for their talents to emphasis characters in the story and have extreme beauty to make audiences fall in love. So do you want to know who is listed as the top best Korean TV serial actresses? Then why not find out in the text below?

#3.Kim So-hyun

3.Kim-So-hyun.jpg

Who is watching her new television series on KBS now? Well, it is the new drama of this early year of Kim So-hyun, a young actress. She is counted as the rising star from being a child actress to holding main character. Talking about the drama, it is called “Radio Romance” which she stars with Highlight Yoon Doo-jun. Although she is only 19, she has won many awards; more than 10.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Japan official fan club has been updated!
It is a message from Sohyun to fans for the 6/29 fan meeting!
Rough translation of her message:-
Hello, everyone, I'm Kim So Hyun.
Thinking about meeting you guys after one year , my heart feels heart pounding ! This time I have prepared the Japanese original song for you guys, please look forward a lot. Let's meet at TIAT Sky Hall on June 29 ! ..

Sohyun cut her hair for Mung Bean.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

She’s so pretty with that hair cut.

Im thinking since there is no news of miss granny, it doesn’t necessarily mean she still isn’t attach to it. The production team could had cast someone else if they needed to. So maybe there’s still some behind the kink they have to resolve first

anyone else hope Ksh gets maybe a supporting role or cameo role  in Kim Eun sook new drama with lee min Ho? I don’t ask for female lead cause it sounds too much of a male centric drama. 

• Like 1

@elan1

I thought it will be much more shorter, but still I love this new look.. Isn't it is too early for her to cut her hair? Does it mean that Mung Bean Chronicles already start their shooting? :o

Maybe they still waiting for her until her schedule is free? And there are possibilities that she will shoot Love Alarm for season 2 since the last scenes where they have stopped is still in the middle of the webtoon.

If the character will give impact like her appearance in Goblin, why not? :D

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3