✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Guest guacamole

wooooahhh I superrr love the remaining pictures of Sohyun for hazzys :wub: I got a girl crush~ I got a girl crush~ lol :P 

@ shiloh  haha she looks so young there like 14 :P now that I take a second look at the picture ...it looks like she is filming Pure love maybe? your right haha its new ...because beside her there is a checkered cloth that looks like a polo shirt of Beomshil or not lol :D

anyway back to hazzys picture how can she transition her image from innocent to mature so effortlessly  :tears:soooo nice and so cool ~ 

Other updates see spoiler  

new ad campaign for pocari sweat

tumblr_ntofdpTz3Y1ucjhrro1_500.jpg

new ad photo for Soup clothing line

tumblr_ntofdpTz3Y1ucjhrro2_1280.jpg

Check and Like the facebook account ofPocari Sweat Korea

Check and Like the facebook account of: 숲 SOUP

Edited by guacamole

Wow all of the pure love casts seems very close! if you look, the guy on the left is sharing her blanket lol. I hope they end on a good note and get some well deserved rest. sohyun should relax until the end of this year. I'm loving her hazzy's pictorial and cannot wait to see her pictures. I like SOUP's fall fashion and cannot wait to see her at movie premieres with these clothes:)

• Like 2

as much as i would like to see her in more projects, I do hope she gets a bit of rest and enjoy life as a teen before that as i feels like she is looking very tired, mentality and physically.

Nice pictures there on the pure love cast. Great to see the close bonding between them.

• Like 2

as much as i would like to see her in more projects, I do hope she gets a bit of rest and enjoy life as a teen before that as i feels like she is looking very tired, mentality and physically.

Nice pictures there on the pure love cast. Great to see the close bonding between them.

I agree she looks exhausted esp. since she's doing dramas and a movie back and forth. In a lot of the interviews of the school 2015 cast (lee david, nam joohyuk, soohyang,etc.) they all praised sohyun's resilience and her acting skills even though she was not getting any sleep during live shooting (they were shooting some episode son the same day that they aired!). I kind of wish that her agency managed her health little better. I noticed that her cheeks got really bloated compared to the beginning of school 2015 where her face more slim. 

• Like 1

Guest guacamole

Kim So Hyun for Honey OZ 

Kim So Hyun for Pocari Sweat

---

yes I think she needs to take a long rest after filming the movie 

Relax, Recharge, and Rejuvenate Body, Mind and Spirit :P:D

Edited by guacamole

This IG post made me think, "Wow, Kim So Hyun, indeed!" But it also showed how much better conditions are on a film shoot - she looks great, unlike the way actors look at the end of a live shot Drama. 

Filming conditions are definitely better than dramas, especially with their live shooting system:/ This picture of her is actually from 5 months ago from her pocari shoot. I saw it in her BTS video and the guy with the grey shirt in the background is her little brother:) I think she still looks really tired based on recent pictures so I hope she can rest well. 

• Like 1

This IG post made me think, "Wow, Kim So Hyun, indeed!" But it also showed how much better conditions are on a film shoot - she looks great, unlike the way actors look at the end of a live shot Drama. 

Filming conditions are definitely better than dramas, especially with their live shooting system:/ This picture of her is actually from 5 months ago from her pocari shoot. I saw it in her BTS video and the guy with the grey shirt in the background is her little brother:) I think she still looks really tired based on recent pictures so I hope she can rest well. 

I agree with this, she looks so tired. Her face was a little swollen during the last episodes of School 2015, up to now. She didn't get to rest after the drama ends as she started filming for Pure Love. During the movie break she's probably doing CF's and photoshoots. I am actually happy that she got the recognition that she deserves (I backread the thread, basically her acting history, and felt the pressure that she must have gone through during her early days in the k-ent industry), but then my 'omma' nature tells me that our little princess needs some rest. She's just 16 (17) and her body is still changing. I seriously want her to take a long rest after Pure Love.

Please don't get me wrong with this statement, but I'm a little disappointed with her mom. I know her mom is her manager but I felt like she's pushing her daughter too much. Baby girl needs a long rest too. I don't know if it was So Hyun's decision to go with homeschooling for high school or her mom as I feel that So Hyun loves to go to school so much. Okay please don't mind me, it's just me and my omma nature.

Also I find it really disturbing that So Hyun and Kim Yoo Jung are always compared, like always. Like, come on! They are both promising actresses. I just can't find the purpose of always comparing them when both are like so young and have great careers ahead of them.

On the other hand, I really admire her fansclub. The support is just overwhelming. I only know about Stand By and KimSoHyunBar as the bigger fanclubs but there's probably a lot more clubs out there. They give So Hyun endless energy on her very busy schedule. Kudos! :)

PS. I'm still stuck with my STAND BY membership *cries*

She looks so tired. Just look at her eyes, but still pretty :)

I really love to see her in her real uniform. It makes you realize that even though she acts mature for her age and has been in the industry for years, she was first a student. So Hyun-ah! Unni is here to support you! Hwaiting :)

Edited by TinnieBoom
  • Like 3

@TinnieBoom

I have to completely agree with what your saying and have been expressing this concern for a while. I think her being exhausted/stressed for long period of time can really stunt her growth and health, especially at her age. I can say this from experience. As Korea is such a appearance based culture, I don't want sohyun to work too much and let it affect her natural beauty. I also don't understand why they gave her soo many advertisements when she is soo busy and not looking her best from gaining weight on her face and getting tanned from the movie. It gives more room for people to criticize her appearance.

I do understand that right now is an important time for our girl but I wish that adults in her life (her mom and her agency) would manage her health better. I know that sohyun is ambitious and wouldn't be forced to do anything that she wouldn't want to do but she's also a child. Someone needs to step in and say "that's enough!". I know there's a part of her that still wants to go to school but she believe that she didn't want to ruin the learning environment of her classmates as she did in high school. She's a very sensitive and considerate girl so I think she made the right decision in getting homeschooled. I just hope that she has the chance to go to college because she seems really interested in it. She always had top grades in middle school and I believe she came in first in her exams in her entire school couple of times as well. 

It's really sad that sohyun and KYJ keeps getting compared. I honestly just ignore those type of articles and watch over their growth. It's really strange that they get compared because they're from the same agency and have completely different images. Not to mention yoo jung is much more experienced and has been around way longer than sohyun. Sohyun even calls her "sunbae" lol.

I really love how warm and dedicated sohyun's fanbase is. Her fans gave her a great birthday and 7th anniversary gifts, food, etc. And It's also very kind of sohyun to interact with them and I love that she follows her fans on her SNS. I'm glad that she finally had the chance to meet her chinese fans because her popularity in china right now is very high. She has like 760,000 followers on weibo:) I hope she continues to gain more fans.

• Like 2

@TinnieBoom

I have to completely agree with what your saying and have been expressing this concern for a while. I think her being exhausted/stressed for long period of time can really stunt her growth and health, especially at her age. I can say this from experience. As Korea is such a appearance based culture, I don't want sohyun to work too much and let it affect her natural beauty. I also don't understand why they gave her soo many advertisements when she is soo busy and not looking her best from gaining weight on her face and getting tanned from the movie. It gives more room for people to criticize her appearance.

I do understand that right now is an important time for our girl but I wish that adults in her life (her mom and her agency) would manage her health better. I know that sohyun is ambitious and wouldn't be forced to do anything that she wouldn't want to do but she's also a child. Someone needs to step in and say "that's enough!". I know there's a part of her that still wants to go to school but she believe that she didn't want to ruin the learning environment of her classmates as she did in high school. She's a very sensitive and considerate girl so I think she made the right decision in getting homeschooled. I just hope that she has the chance to go to college because she seems really interested in it. She always had top grades in middle school and I believe she came in first in her exams in her entire school couple of times as well. 

It's really sad that sohyun and KYJ keeps getting compared. I honestly just ignore those type of articles and watch over their growth. It's really strange that they get compared because they're from the same agency and have completely different images. Not to mention yoo jung is much more experienced and has been around way longer than sohyun. Sohyun even calls her "sunbae" lol.

I really love how warm and dedicated sohyun's fanbase is. Her fans gave her a great birthday and 7th anniversary gifts, food, etc. And It's also very kind of sohyun to interact with them and I love that she follows her fans on her SNS. I'm glad that she finally had the chance to meet her chinese fans because her popularity in china right now is very high. She has like 760,000 followers on weibo:) I hope she continues to gain more fans.

It's also been an issue to me. Her eyes cannot lie; it looks so tired everytime I see her in interviews. It makes me wonder if she's been having enough sleep. But isn't there a new law in Korea regarding under-aged entertainers? I've heard they're only allowed to work for 40-45 hours a week? That's why during School 2015 filming I often wonder if she really works for only 8-9 hours a day as it seems like she's working 24/7 (apparently Yook Sung Jae mentioned in his twitter and an interview before that she didn't get enough sleep but she's still studying), not to mention that she's on the drama 80% of the time they were almost live shooting.

I've heard about that skin complexion criticism about her in Pure Love. I actually admire her for being so into character to the point of sacrificing her appearance. That's what I call a real actress :) . But what's more important is for her to be healthy.

Oh I thought I was the only one thinking about that. And you're super right. She's in the age where she needs guidance from the adults when to start and when to stop. When I was her age, I also want to do all sorts of things, but later realized that I can only do what's best for me. Especially on her part, she recently got a starring role in Who Are You and got a very big break. But that doesn't mean she needs to do everything. I don't want her to get burned out. I remember actress Park Min Young went through this. She got a big break through SKKS and CH and worked herself so much from 2010-2012 that she had a hiatus for almost 1 year since she was burned out and cannot feel freedom. I don't want So Hyun to experience this. If only I can encourage her through social media I would, but unfortunately I cannot speak Korean :tears:.

I really want her to continue her studies. Honestly at first I was disappointed and a little saddened that she didn't forego high school but since I know little about the pressure in the educational system in Korea, I really can't blame her if she chose not to. Just by reading her past interviews when she cannot go to school regularly and it really makes her sad, I also feel the pressure that she is carrying. It's so hard to juggle school and work. But like you I want her to attend college; unlike High School college has a flexible schedule. She wants to study Psychology or Literary right? With her intelligence I'm sure she can. And yeah I've read she's no. 1 in her school and had participated in contests when she was in elementary (and middle school too I suppose?). BRAINS AND BEAUTY INDEED! :)

Her fanbase will always be daebak for me haha. Stand By and Kim So Hyun Bar jjang!

On the other hand, she really has a lot of fanboys, doesn't she? Jung II Woo, Song Jae Rim, Kwak Dong Yeon, CNBlue's Kang Min Hyuk (and indirectly Nam Joo Hyuk lol) were the only ones vocal but I'm sure there are lots of them ;). But this boy is daebak haha. I came across this on youtube and if my google translator is accurate, he's a son of a politician, no? Anyways, he looks so in love. :wub:

PS. I don't understand a thing but I enjoyed it lol. Have a nice day! :)

• Like 1

@TinnieBoom

Yes, she does indeed have lots of fan boys lol. She's only 16 and look at that list of celebrity fanboys lol. I think a lot more guys are interested in her but not vocal about it because of her age. I really like that her fanbase is very balanced with both genders. I believe that an female idol needs lots of girl fans but as an actress it's important to have fans from both genders. 

And yes it's supposed to be illegal for a child to be working so much. I think she was getting only 3-4 hours of sleep when shooting school 2015. They were shooting lots of the episodes literally the day it aired. Many of her costars from school 2015 commented on how she wasn't getting any sleep and expressed admiration for her acting abilities and resilience. Idk why the laws weren't being reinforced though...  I hope her next  drama will have better working conditions:/

I'm very curious to see what project she's going to choose next. Crossing my finger that it will be another successful drama:)

Edited by anon0503_stv
  • Like 2

there is a saying that laws can be only be effective if both the enforcer and public, both agreed to adhere to it. I think the law about young entertainers working hours mention above are just guidelines and whether to adhere to it is up to both the agency and entertainers themselves unless the government take a more tough measure. Just my 2  cents though as I don't really know about that law as I am not living in Korea.

anyway, In my opinion, I think her agency and management are well aware of her health and so far (at least so far to my knowledge), there aren't any news about her involve in any projects after Pure love. Some CFs maybe, but I don't think that will really affected her too much. Surely they would like her to rest a bit before promoting the movie sometimes later down the road.

cheers.

I doubt the new law is really being reinforced though (esp during School 2015 filming) but I will just rest my case. I really just want her to have a good rest. Not really a hiatus, but sufficient rest for her to recover strength.

What I really like about her is that she's a very versatile actress. From a villain to a sweet girl, she nailed all her roles perfectly. Most of the actresses tend to choose one-dimensional characters (mostly damsel in distress), but her versatility gives her advantage as an actress. I think that's also the reason why she was able to portray both EunBi and EunByul perfectly. She deserves an award with that superb acting.

An update from Honey Oz :)

• Like 4

Guest guacamole

Kim So Hyun IG update 

Eng Translation: I just met a friend whom I haven't seen in a long time!!! It feels great.
cr: @sohyunxjingoo 

---

So hyun updated yay!!!! Pretty sohyun eonnie! I love her smile! She makes me smile :lol: She met a friend?? Ji woo eonnie?? :P:P or her middle school classmates?? :P:P so curious ...

>> anyway after she take a long rest, I like her to take another movie proj instead of a drama hehe 

---

she updated her IG again and changer her profile pic haha~ so fab :P:P:):)

Edited by guacamole

She must be happily enjoying her time with her friends now after so long. After all she is still a teenager that need friends that can laugh and cry together, you know, the usual stuff teenagers do.

I think of all the celebrities I follow on Instagram, she is the one that update so frequently.:D:D

• Like 1

So happy to see her enjoying her teenage life. After all, she's still a teenager! She needs these kinds of experiences too.

Of all the looks that she displays, my favorite will always be her usual teenage look. It makes her more real and natural. :) 

Whoever did this is awesome! Though it's such a waste to drink such art~

A pic with a fan. This must be recent since the clothes that she's wearing is similar to the one she uploaded last night. If I'm not mistaken this was around Gangnam? Nevertheless he's so lucky to have spotted So Hyun leisurely walking and too a pic with her :) 

Some of Who Are You School 2015's behind the scene cuts. This is the first time I saw these pictures.;)

Oh and some from The Suspicious Housekeeper~

Happy Tuesday everybody! :)

• Like 3

Guest guacamole

Kim Sohyun Thanksgiving greeting -Hazzys accessories with Yook Sungjae

oooh Sohyun so beautiful in hanbok dress :wub::P:):w00t: 

Hazzys accessories website : click here

Hazzys accessories instagram: click here

----

Kim Sohyun Pocari sweat wallpaper update for chuseok 

Kim Sohyun Hazzys accessories new photo update

beautifulllllllllll! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

love the bag? click here

Kim Sohyun IG update

F/W Soup 

in some angle she really looks like Ms. son yejin ...

I hope eonnie grows taller :P even just 1.5ft or 2 ft ...:P

Is this an old photo ?? or another cf/ ad ....sooo pretty haha fairy /muse/ angel :P

edit: 

Kor: 보내주신 카메라로 찍은 사진이에요~:) 고화질이죠♥♥ 앞으로 예쁜 사진 많이 찍어서 올릴게요~ STAND BY ♥

Trans  :  [ENG] This picture was taken by a camera~:) It's in high quality ❤️❤️ From now on, I'll be taking lots of pretty pictures. cr: sohyunxjingoo

>> ahahaha I think she got scolded by fans .... I still love her even if she took a not so high quality picture ... I love her beauty but I love her talent as a versatile actress more :wub::) 

Edited by guacamole

Sohyun looks way better in her pictures with her fans. She suits natural looks and hate how much makeup they give her. I love her new instagram post<3  I hope she keeps this hairstyle because I think she looks the best in natural black and straight style than the dyed and halfup hairstyle her stylists gives her. Im sorry I always say this but I really hope she changes all of her stylists lol. 

She looks so innocent:)

Hmm I wonder if her fansite (STANDBY) sent this picture to her.

https://instagram.com/wow_kimsohyun/

Edited by anon0503
  • Like 3

If I could, i would fired all her stylist. I know they would like to make her look more mature, and I don't mind that as its part of her work, but at least make it look natural and something that suite her.

Nevertheless, she look fresh and energetic in the new Instagram photo, although we will not know whether its an old or recent photos.

• Like 4