✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Begin To Build Friendship In âTale Of Nok-Duâ

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Begin To Build Friendship In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS’s newest drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has shared exciting stills for its upcoming episodes!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a romantic comedy set in the Joseon era. The drama tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan). The drama had a successful premiere as it recorded 5.6 and 7.1 percent ratings, placing No. 1 among other Monday-Tuesday dramas in its time slot.

The stills released on October 1 show Nok Du and Dong Joo enjoying each other’s company while doing laundry. Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh), who is a hopeless romantic for Dong Joo, is also spotted attempting to make her try a Korean shaved ice dessert he made. However, he is soon interrupted by Nok Du.

Tale-of-Nok-Du.jpg

The stills also hint at a secret the all-female community is hiding from the rest of the world. An organization as known as Moo Wol Dan is holding a sketch of a man they are in search of. Nok Du is also spotted wearing the same uniform as the organization, but he is watching the situation from behind a bush. Anticipation is high on whether or not Nok Du, who has entered the all-female community with hopes to uncover the truth, will find a lead that will take him one step closer to solving the mystery.

The production team said, “In episodes 3 and 4, which will air today, Nok Du will officially begin to adjust to surroundings of the all-female community. As we have also hinted at Nok Du and Dong Joo’s journey to sharing one room, the fascinating romantic tension between the two will also unfold.”

The upcoming episodes of “Tale of Nok-Du” will air on October 1 at 10:00 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356121wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-begin-to-build-friendship-in-tale-of-nok-du

• Like 3

http://www.dramabeans.com/videos-posts/2019/09/ask-an-actor-kim-so-hyuns-happiest-moment-in-acting-hobbies-and-favorite-video-game/?src=FeaturedVideosWidget

[Ask an Actor] Kim So-hyun’s happiest moment in acting, hobbies, and favorite video game

Kim So-hyun answers many personal questions you submitted in her recent Ask an Actor post

Ayan: Can you tell us about a memorable audition or something that happened behind the scene on set? #

Zaved: How do you manage stress and maintain your physical and mental condition? #

jjkits223: You’ve done an interview before and stated you prefers sad and slow ballads rather than idol music. Is it still the same now? #

Pranksalot: Have your cooking improved since the last time you mentioned you wanted to learn how to cook? #

Tina: You mentioned in your recent fan meeting that you’ve been playing Nintendo games. Can you share to us games that you have played and which is your favorite? #

Nabiall: What are your hobbies? #

sohyunsorii: 쏘언니의 팬들에게 하고 싶은 말이 있나요? (Sso unnie, do you have anything you’d like to say to your fans?) “

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/10/01/kbs-sageuk-the-tale-of-nokdu-leads-mon-tues-ratings-and-off-to-positive-netizen-reviews/#more-98773

“Tale Of Nok-Du” Pulls Further Into Lead With Day 2 Ratings Increase

Tale of Nok-Du” is going strong after recording great premiere ratings on Monday!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a romantic comedy set in the Joseon era that tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

According to Nielsen Korea on October 2, the October 1 broadcast of the drama recorded 6.5 and 8.3 percent ratings, a solid 1.2 point increase from its premiere episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356244wpp/tale-of-nok-du-pulls-further-into-lead-with-day-2-ratings-increase

Knetz reaction 

EF2N1T5VUAEg82d.jpg

cr:Lily_CFC -twitter

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

"Historical Goddess" Kim So Hyun Transformation from "Love Alarm" to "Tale of Nokdu"

Kim So Hyun, who is labeled as the "historical goddess" for her outstanding performance during historical Korean dramas has been gaining high expectations from the netizens where the actress is expected to show her different charms.

Not too long ago, Kim So Hyun wrapped up a Korean drama released through Netflix titled, "Love Alarm". The actress showed her more mature side with the deep theme of the drama including her kissing scene with Song Kang on the premiere episode of the drama.

This time, Kim So Hyun shared what the viewers should expect and anticipate with her role. The actress said, "I think the strong characters in the strange space of the widow could be fun. Furthermore, my trademark on the drama is my asymmetrical short hair. "Kim So Hyun then revealed that there's a reason behind her character, why she will have short hair. 

Meanwhile, Kim also expressed her thoughts about the drama, "I haven't realized that the drama will be released early. I really hope that we will get to hear good and positive feedback as we, (the cast and the production team) have been working hard together since the hot summer. "

On the contrary of "Love Alarm", Kim will be playing a historical-comedy centered drama, which is somewhat new for the actress to be seen doing humorous scenes, wherein she has been doing a lot of romantic and melodramas, as well as pure dramas.  She hopes that "I hope you will enjoy watching the drama, with a light heart."

"Tale of Nok Du" will revolve around the story of Jeon Nok Du, portrayed by Jang Dong Yoon who is a nobleman and will pretend to be widowed woman, for he hates to be in an arranged marriage, and Dong Dong Ju, portrayed by Kim So Hyun, who despise being a gisaeng though she does not have any choice.

The two will meet in the widow village. Dong Ju will then found out the secret of Nok Du and upon hearing his reasons behind pretending, she will do her best to save him and it will be broadcasted by KBS every Monday and Tuesday at 22:00 KST.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/116354/20191002/historical-goddess-kim-so-hyun-transformation-from-love-alarm-to-tale-of-nokdu.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 3

4 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About The “Tale Of Nok-Du” Premiere

Landing strong rating numbers is a sure sign a drama is off to a smashing start and rightfully so! “Tale of Nok-Du” dives headfirst into the story of a young man named Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon) who is forced to disguise himself as a woman in order to infiltrate a mysterious village run by widows and uncover the riddle behind his true identity. His journey is intertwined with that of Dong Dong Ju (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training (female courtesan) who clearly has her own agenda and aspirations.

From the teasers and stills, I had expected the drama to be quite tense (imagine all the potential oopsies moments!) and thrilling, and I must say, “Tale of Nok-Du” sure has delivered all of that. With the extra perks of busting my gut every few minutes and inducing starry-eyed sighs, this drama has got me hooked! Here’s what I loved and hated from the first four episodes.

Warning: Spoilers for the premiere episodes below.

LOVED: Nok Du’s successful disguise

Playing disguise is an old trope, but not all dramas that play this card do it well. Some dramas featured women only changing their hairstyles to be disguised as men, with makeup still outlining their feminine features instead of obscuring them. “Tale of Nok-Du” does exceptionally well in this aspect; we aren’t just getting a man in a pretty pink hanbok, but he fully commits to the pretty pink make-up, airy bangs, and high-pitched voice to pull off the disguise.

Nok-Du.gif

Nok Du’s transformation from a chiseled (those abs don’t lie) man into a blushing lady who wins the hearts of men is gold, and I’m loving that look of pure shock and disgust he makes every time a suitor tries to get a little handsy. Fingers crossed that Nok Du doesn’t drop the ball soon!

LOVE1.gif

Also, toes crossed that Nok Du drops that makeup tutorial, ‘cause boyyy that’s one look we’re going to have to come back to for that spring-summer glow!

LOVED: The budding friendship between Nok Du and Dong Ju

You can bet that things didn’t get off on a good start for these two. I mean, meeting and then landing in jail together doesn’t exactly make for the best bonding material, but I’m excited to report that they are on their way to a super cute dongsaengunnie (younger sibling-older sister) relationship! Despite initially grousing that the other person is a pain and bother, this has become sort of like playful banter for them as they grudgingly care for each other anyway.

The absolute cherry on the cake is also how such caring moments swing from aww to oof in a matter of seconds with Dong Ju sometimes coming close to exposing Nok Du’s gender with her innocent kind gestures. Read: Getting flung to the other side of the room just for being good-hearted and trying to remove Nok Du’s pants to apply herbs on “her” burnt bottom. Oof!

LOVE2.gif

HATED: That Nok Du has to part from his family

It’s clear that Nok Du shares a loving relationship with his father and brother, and I, for one, am living for the little flashbacks of their interactions. While the show hints that Nok Du might not truly be their son and brother, the two men still care for and protect him like he is part of their family.

It’s not clear why the father was disapproving of Nok Du studying or learning martial arts (oh, and going onto ships for some reason), but the fact that he nonetheless learned some cool swash-buckling skills shows how determined Nok Du is to safeguard his little family from the dangers that dog their every step.

So far, we do know that his mother passed, and her last words to Nok Du are a riddle waiting to be unraveled. From choking on her attempt to tell him his real identity to rapidly switching gears and vehemently claiming it’s his fault the family is in the state it is in, the mother figure in Nok Du’s life sure has some surprises in store for us!

HATE1.gif

Little tiger cub taking on the burden of protecting his family!

LOVED: The mysterious widow village

The central location of the plot and also where our hero and heroine currently reside, the village and its whole concept and duality are interesting to me. Just imagine a village populated by women who have formed a self-sustainable community where everyone is encouraged to work based on their strengths. The strong and powerful ones form the village guard, who patrol and throw out invaders of the male variety, while others become seamstresses and wine-makers that supply the gisaeng house bordering the village.

And somewhat surprisingly, the village is very welcoming and gracious to the gisaengs, who command respect here.

The village also seems to have its own secrets, with some of the widows forming a contingent of assassins who distribute information, participate in search operations, and kill their targets without batting an eye.

LOVE3.gif

Oops, busted!

LOVED: Dong Ju’s defiance and righteousness

From little flashbacks, the show’s hinted that Dong Ju was not born into the gisaeng house and was instead the young daughter of a noble family that was extinguished violently.

Even though her circumstances have led her to the gisaeng house and to becoming a gisaeng-in-training, Dong Ju still maintains a fiery strength and kind heart. Becoming a gisaeng is in none of her plans, and she’s quick to jump to the aid of other young girls who are targeted by demanding nobles. It’s this righteousness that had Nok Du’s heart (and ours too!) fluttering.

LOVE4.gif

Bravely shearing her locks in place of the head courtesan who’s also like an adoptive mother to Dong Ju, just how sweet can this girl get?!

HATED: The unexplained relationship between the nobles

The scenes in the widow village are interspaced with scenes of the nobles and royalty in the drama, and so far, the complicated web of unexplained relationships has got me royally confused. There’s no introduction to the identity and position of the nobles as well as how they are related to Nok Du.

The sense I get is that one faction is secretly trying to protect Nok Du after sparing his life when he was an infant brought into hiding by the man he now calls his father. And the other is the one loyal to the king that tried to kill baby Nok Du and still is trying to hunt him down.

But whatever their relationship, I’m hoping the next few episodes will iron these details out and we can get fully on-board with the mystery of Nok Du’s true identity!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356358wpp/4-things-we-loved-2-things-we-hated-about-the-tale-of-nok-du-premiere

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[Spoilers] The Tale of Nokdu (Pilot) + Rating

1-4.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-5.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘The Tale of Nokdu’ Jang Dong Yoon got caught by Kim So Hyun

1.[+2128, -63] Jang Dong Yoon’s acting is so good ㅋㅋ he even changed his voice tone but why isn’t awkward? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Jang Dong Yoon’s the prettiest among all the girls in here ㅋㅋㅋ

2.[+1161, -45] Kim So Hyun reminds me of Moon Embracing the Soon…a daebak rookie

3.[+765, -13] Seriously today ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ i laughed and time just flew by ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Dong Joo put down the scissors

4.[+754, -7] He got caught! but ‘Omo’ what was that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5.[+285, -14] Dong Joo and Nokdu’s chemistry is being built gradually ㄷㄷㄷ

6.[+198, -1] She hits him in the private part but what’s with ‘omo’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7.[+189, -3] I watched it because of Kim So Hyun but it’s a drama that makes you a fan of Jang Dong Yoon

8.[+136, -3] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah seriously ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is Jang Dong Yoon’s life character ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ he will become a big actor ㅠㅠㅠㅠ on top of that he studied in Hanyang University, Economics & Finance department ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Nokdu unnie has it all ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

9.[+115, -2] It’s seriously been a long time since I laughed so loud, It’s so fun ㅠㅜㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah Nokdu is so pretty, this is not fair ㅠㅠㅜㅜㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10.[+102, -5] It’s seriously so fun ㅠㅠ Ah Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun’s chemistry is so good

11.[+88, -0] He caught a robber at a convenience store and that’s how he debut as an actor but he is so good at acting~~

12.[+83, -2] Jang Dong Yoon’s rediscovery. He is pretty, cute, funny and good at acting. Today, I laughed a lot because of Nokdu ㅋㅋㅋㄴ

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-the-tale-of-nokdu-pilot-rating/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Start To Become More Than Friends In “Tale Of Nok-Du”

KBS 2TV’s newest drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released heart-fluttering stills of Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun from upcoming episodes!

Ever since its premiere, “Tale of Nok-Du” has been stealing the hearts of viewers with its thrilling plot about a man named Jeon Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community with hopes to discover the truth. Once in the community, Nok Du has an encounter with a woman named Dong Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan), and they become roommates.

Spoilers

Last week’s episodes showed Nok Du trying his best to hide his real identity while sharing a room with Dong Joo. While their first encounter was not very friendly, Dong Joo began to open her heart to Nok Du, resulting in a change in the nature of their friendship. The latest episode ended with Nok Du in danger of getting his identity revealed, adding more tension to what is already a dramatic plot.

The newly released stills show Dong Joo practicing dancing with the rest of gisaeng trainees, while Nok Du hides behind a gazebo, looking at Dong Joo rather lovingly. The last still shows Nok Du helping out Dong Joo with dancing, arousing curiosity from viewers as to what kind of change will occur between them and how it will affect Nok Du’s mission of uncovering the truth.

Tale-of-Nok-Du3.jpg

The production team stated, “A unique and silly romance will officially begin to blossom between Nok Du and Dong Joo. Nok Du and Dong Joo, who have hinted at a change in their relationship, plan to provide fun and thrilling excitement with their romantic synergy. Please look forward to the chemistry between Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun, who will continue to showcase their talents as the drama moves forward.”

The next episode of “Tale of Nok-Du” will air on October 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357041wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-start-to-become-more-than-friends-in-tale-of-nok-du

• Like 2