✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

8 episode 's script have been out of Mung Bean. Pprobably shootting will start soon. 

@faye406 I also thougt her hair shorter than this :))) But she will use both short and long hair in the drama. Because of this i think she didn't cut much more .

@elan1 Also ı am confused about Miss Garnny. There is no decline or offer someone else.  I didn't watch but read somewhere,The light in your eyes also similar plot wih Miss Granny. Maybe for this production team wanted to wait .  Let's waiting :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Elif Ataş

thanks for sharing! If they already have 8 episode scripts already in the can, they will probably start filming pretty soon then. It’s possible that they may start filming it after her two fan meetings in June. 

Or maybe they’ll finish filming the entire drama before it’s release date , so that she can work on season 2 of love alarm or miss granny or another project. One can dream right ;  ) 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 1:10 PM, Elif Ataş said:

Jang Dong Yoon has been confirmed to star alongside Kim So Hyun in upcoming drama “Mung Bean Chronicle” (literal title).

Hello chingu-dul! Sorry for write again after long time! :sweatingbullets:

Am so happy JDY has confirmed as male lead! Really anticipate their interactions and chemistry!

It feel like lot of thought have gone to make the cast for the drama and am happy to see them consider carefully KSH co-stars.

Look forward to see what other characters are there in the drama. Plot sound very fun and interesting! Hope it can be done very well and all can have success! :D

On 5/1/2019 at 7:15 AM, Elif Ataş said:

Jo Su Hyang will act as the leader of the village and protect the women. Maybe she 
gonna have good relationship (or bad) with Dong Jo (Sohyun)

Hahaha! KSH reunite with nemesis JSY again after 4 years! 

Hope they have a good relationship this time! Am curious how they feel to act again after long time!

Till now am satisfied with drama casts and hope all other casts can also be near age for KSH and have good relations. ^_^ 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 1:00 PM, Elif Ataş said:

Kim So-Hyun is Ready for a New Chapter

The Korean actress reveals her dreams for the future, her beauty secrets and her camaraderie wih Jung Ga-ram and Song Kang on set for the upcoming Netflix drama,  "Love Alarm".
by Pameyla Cambe

Kim So-Hyun at Gentle Monster's '13' Launch Party

What do you enjoy and find most challenging about being an actress?

I started out as a child actress but now I’m 21 years old. I feel like it’s the beginning of a new chapter in my acting career. In all those years I spent as a child actress, there were experiences that now serve as a very strong foundation of what I can do today. What I enjoy the most is being able to immerse a hundred percent into the character that I’m playing and really share the feelings that they’re supposed to feel. 

How do you usually prepare for a role?

When I first get the script, I don’t just go straight to memorizing my lines. I set plenty of time aside to really get to know the character like a real person. When I feel that I have really learnt about them, then I try my best to genuinely express the character. It has to be real for me.

What was it like working with Jung Ga-ram and Song Kang for your upcoming Netflix series, Love Alarm?

Jung Ga-ram and I went to the same university in 2018. He is very serious about his acting and very passionate. He really does his best for each scene. So, it was really helpful to have him around and I learnt a lot from him. He is a colleague you can depend on.

As for Song Kang, he is a very delightful, pleasant person to be around. With his great sense of humour, he was able to make everybody working on the set, happy and feel enthusiastic about what we were doing. It felt very comfortable around these two actors, and I was able to really enjoy working on this upcoming Netflix original production. We had a great chemistry when communicating with each other.

You’ve starred in a variety of shows, but are there any genres that you’re keen to try out?

So far, most of the shows that I’ve done have been relatively serious. I would like to venture into playing lighter characters with a sense of humour, or star in a comedy mixed with action.

What are your aspirations as an actress?

What I try to do as an actress is to communicate with the viewers, to create a shared feeling, so that if anybody is going through a hard time, they can watch me and feel some consolation and laugh, or be happy. I believe that’s what I am doing and I would like to continue to play that role. It is very important that I become successful as an actress, but as a human being, it is very important that I feel happy.

Would you like to venture into other careers besides acting?

I don’t have any big plans right now; I think I am very happy with acting. But, down the road, if other opportunities arise, I would like to learn more. Perhaps, maybe one day write a book. Because I really enjoy reading novels too, I would like to write a scenario or about myself.

How would you describe your style?

I don’t feel like I have really developed my style yet. I’m on my way to learning more about what suits me and what kind of style I feel comfortable wearing. Even if it’s pretty clothes, I have to feel comfortable in them for people who look at me to appreciate them. If not, I will definitely look awkward. 

What are your favourite styles from Gentle Monster and why?
There are very nice styles in Gentle Monster’s new 13 collection but, by far, my favourite is the East Moon, which I wore when I came to Singapore. I was very worried when I first tried them on because I don’t wear sunglasses enough to really know what suits my face, but the East Moon model was very comfortable and felt very natural. The glasses are flat, so it looks really chic. It’s not too much yet it accentuates a style and makes a point. 

What are your top 3 beauty tips?
The first thing that comes to my mind is that I love massages. Whether it’s a facial or a full body massage, I get one all the time. My second tip will be to eat healthy food that is good for the skin. I love eating, but whenever I have something important to do, like an important event coming up, I try to eat food that is good for my complexion and overall physical condition. My third tip will be to try to not get stressed.

https://www.lofficielsingapore.com/Culture/kim-so-hyun-interview-gentle-monster-netflix-drama-love-alarm-2019

cr.miemosa-twitter

Wow! This interview is very nice! Thankful to interviewer to do such nice interview and ask many good and meaningful question!

Hope we can get some updates for LA also soon!

KSH have two schedule drama for 2019 but we hardly have any news for them! :lol:

Am looking forward to when our KSH  drought can finally end and we can have many updates! 

Hope KSH can do magazine shoots soon and give us more interviews! Am really enjoy reading KSH thoughts! 

On 5/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, Elif Ataş said:

8 episode 's script have been out of Mung Bean. Probably shootting will start soon. 

Scripts are out? So quickly?

Maybe because it is sageuk they start early but 8 epi script is lot!

Maybe they have plan this drama for long time and only now announce cast?

Am happy if it mean they think lot about drama and plot and cast so prepare many things.

Hope it can be beautiful and fun drama that all can enjoy filming and we can all enjoy watching! :D

• Like 3

On 5/8/2019 at 9:14 PM, Elif Ataş said:

Japan official fan club has been updated!
It is a message from Sohyun to fans for the 6/29 fan meeting!
Rough translation of her message:-
Hello, everyone, I'm Kim So Hyun.
Thinking about meeting you guys after one year , my heart feels heart pounding ! This time I have prepared the Japanese original song for you guys, please look forward a lot. Let's meet at TIAT Sky Hall on June 29 ! ..

Sohyun cut her hair for Mung Bean.

KSH with short hair after long time! Look forward to see it with properly style and in HD! :wub:

Wish to see KSH make public appearance with short hair!

Maybe we have to wait till KSH airport appearance for Japan FM.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, elan1 said:

She’s so pretty with that hair cut.

Im thinking since there is no news of miss granny, it doesn’t necessarily mean she still isn’t attach to it. The production team could had cast someone else if they needed to. So maybe there’s still some behind the kink they have to resolve first

anyone else hope Ksh gets maybe a supporting role or cameo role  in Kim Eun sook new drama with lee min Ho? I don’t ask for female lead cause it sounds too much of a male centric drama. 

Maybe Miss Granny is put on shelf or cancel. Sometimes drama have been cancel without any news or on indefinite hiatus.

Look back at the news and see that no channel or writer and PD was announce. Only some casts was announced.

Would not expect to see KSH in it anymore but maybe if they still go through with making drama they will cast new person. 

Agree about KSH make some cameo in KES drama if it is like Goblin cameo! :D

On 5/9/2019 at 5:53 AM, faye406 said:

@elan1

I thought it will be much more shorter, but still I love this new look.. Isn't it is too early for her to cut her hair? Does it mean that Mung Bean Chronicles already start their shooting? :o

Maybe they still waiting for her until her schedule is free? And there are possibilities that she will shoot Love Alarm for season 2 since the last scenes where they have stopped is still in the middle of the webtoon.

LA will have season 2?  :o

It will be good if Mung Bean start filming soon then can avoid live shoot troubles. Hope we get some news about it soon!

• Like 4

@mindstar

i have came across comments that saying Mung Bean will start filming at the end of June to early of July.. right in summer:sweatingbullets:

I think it started late because of the preparation of the casting, locations and customs too.. hopefully, it will be not much of  live shooting. 

yup.. i think there will be second season of LA, i don't think they will give us only a quarter part of the webtoon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.kpopmap.com/3-upcoming-romance-historical-dramas-to-look-forward-to/

3- “Mung Bean Chronicles”

mung bean chronicles, mung bean chronicles drama, mung bean chronicles webtoon

“Mung Bean Chronicles” Webtoon / A&T story Entertainment / DAZED

When: September 2019

Cast: Kim SoHyun, Jang DongYoon, Song GeonHee

Summary: It tells the romance between a man who is disguising as a woman to infiltrate a community for widows and a girl that hates the idea of becoming a gisaeng.

Why wait for it?: Except for the reason that Kim SoHyun in a historical drama is a must-see, the fact that this is a man disguising as a woman is a reason for watching by it-self. In K-Dramas, it has been quite a common theme (in historical drama or not) to have the main actress disguised as a man. However, this time the lead male is disguising as a woman and is supposed to be prettier than the lead female character (according to the webtoon). The last reason to watch would be the popularity of the webtoon on which the drama is based, the story promises to be refreshing.

For more information about the drama and webtoon, you check our cast and summary here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324276wpp/kang-tae-oh-joins-historical-rom-com-starring-kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-joon

Kang Tae Oh Joins Historical Rom-Com Starring Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Joon

Kang Tae Oh Joins Historical Rom-Com Starring Kim So Hyun And Jang Dong Joon

Actor Kang Tae Ho has joined Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon in KBS 2TV’s upcoming historical romantic comedy “Nok Du Chronicle” (literal title), which is based on a webtoon of the same name.

The drama is about the unique romance between a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman in order to enter a mysterious all-female community, and a gisaeng-in-training named Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), who wants anything but to become a gisaeng (female courtesan).

Kang Tae Oh joins the drama as Cha Yul Mu, a man with perfect looks and a special talent for cooking. But behind the sweet and gentle man he presents to the world is someone who’s harboring a lot of secrets. Though he’s the subject of ladies’ love everywhere he goes, he only has eyes for Dong Dong Joo, with whom he has a special childhood connection.

Kang Tae Oh, a member of 5urprise, most recently appeared in Netflix’s “My First First Love” starring Ji Soo, DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon, and B1A4’s Jinyoung.

A source from the production of “Nok Du Chronicle” said, “With Jang Dong Yoon, Kim So Hyun, and Kang Tae Oh, we’ve completed the perfect cast for a youth historical drama. You can look forward to the unique ‘Joseon rom-com’ that the three actors will create.”

“Nok Du Chronicle” is set to air in September this year.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 5/13/2019 at 6:03 AM, faye406 said:

@mindstar

i have came across comments that saying Mung Bean will start filming at the end of June to early of July.. right in summer:sweatingbullets:

I think it started late because of the preparation of the casting, locations and customs too.. hopefully, it will be not much of  live shooting. 

yup.. i think there will be second season of LA, i don't think they will give us only a quarter part of the webtoon. 

If it is September release then end of June can become live shoot so hope they can start earlier. :)

E&T Story share update of KSH but can only see the back! :lol:

Hope KSH can post on SNS with some updates or can make public appearance. Very long time since last post from KSH. 

Hope we can get more news about KSH soon and also have new Hanyul ads! :D

On 5/14/2019 at 7:07 AM, Elif Ataş said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324276wpp/kang-tae-oh-joins-historical-rom-com-starring-kim-so-hyun-and-jang-dong-joon

Actor Kang Tae Ho has joined Kim So Hyun and Jang Dong Yoon in KBS 2TV’s upcoming historical romantic comedy “Nok Du Chronicle” (literal title), which is based on a webtoon of the same name.

Don't know who this actor is but happy to see KSH have more close age casts. Hope filming can be very fun and successful! 

Really look forward to see KSH new drama! :heart:

• Like 4

ACTRESS KIM SO HYUN IS GETTING READY TO CELEBRATE HER BIRTHDAY IN THE MOST UNIQUE WAY.

Titled “Scoop Row: Kim So Hyun’s Small But Certain Happiness”, the pretty actress is setting up the stage for an intimate meeting with her fans.

Scheduled on June 1, Kim will be meeting her fans in Mapo-gu. Kim Soo Hyun’s birthday fan meeting will be held at the MUV Hall at 3:30 p.m.

In time for the actress birthday celebration on June 4, the event will be a venue for her to meet fans for an advance celebration. Reflecting her bright and sunny smile, Kim is ready to warm the hearts of her fans in the released poster.

Kim’s agency, E&T STORY Entertainment, said, “Since Kim So Hyun has not met with her fans in a long time, she is actively participating in planning fan meetings and is proposing other various events. In turn, we are doing our best to make sure that this will be a precious time spent with fans, so please expect a lot.”

Kim has been actively filming her first Netflix original drama Love Alarm. In the drama, she portrays orphan Kim Jo Jo. Aside from this, she is also set to film the KBS drama Tale of Nok Du. The drama is set for release in September 2019.

• Like 4