Kang Sora 강소라 - 姜素拉 - カン・ソラ - คัง โซรา - كانغ سورا

ChoonHee21

Guest josan

[iNTERVIEW] Title~ Kang Sora, "To act as a tycoon's daughter, I fixed my posture as well as my walking manner."

Actress Kang Sora (23) receives favorable criticism through her first adult role in daily drama 'Ugly Alert' (Monday to Friday 7.20pm). From movie 'Sunny' (2011) to the gateway drama for young idol 'Dream High 2' (2012) and the latest movie 'Paparotti' (2012), she mainly played characters of a tomboy or a boisterous high school girl. So to play a role named Na Do Hee; the Director of Planning Department of a fashion enterprise in 'Ugly Alert' is indeed a challenge for her since it's her first adult role. In the drama, even though she is a daughter of a tycoon who was born with silver spoon in her mouth, she is a go-getter person who tries to achieve anything with her own's power. All these while, we got to see her vivacious healthy glow charm, she now acquires good review by being more mature and feminine. 'Ugly Alert' ranked the first among the program of the same time period with viewer rating around 10% (Nielsen Korea). During the press conference of the drama at the SBS Production Center in Ilsan, she looked slimmer beyond recognition when she first appeared. "For the intention to act my first adult role properly, I have fixed my sitting posture up to my walking manner," said Kang Sora.

- Explain a little bit about your character?

I've been longing for a great female leading role since I was a child. I like a role of woman who leads and manages her own life rather than woman who has big expectation on life. In almost every interview sessions, I always said that I wanted to play for a career woman role, and I'm happy because finally I got an opportunity to play this great career woman role. Moreover, the role I used to play mostly had unrequited love only but this is the first time I play the role of someone who receives love, and that makes me even happier. In the drama, although on the outside Do Hee seems like someone who never lacked of anything when she was growing up but the truth is, she's still lacking something on the inside. Every role created by the scriptwriter Jung Ji Woo is ambivalent. That's why I feel that this role is very appealing. 

- What is the meaning of the work/profession as an actress to you yourself, Kang Sora?

Up to this while, even though I have done several works but they were all student roles. As an actress, I wanted to progress one step further and a first adult role is one way to make sure that I move forward. Not only healthy and lively appearance, I also wanted to convey the feeling of inner feminine as well.

- Did you lose weight because of this character?

It's right that I want to look feminine and act out with naturally slim figure for this character. It's a role of someone who is well-educated and was raised from a good family and it seems that I should finesse my sitting posture and walking manner. That's why I put a lot of attention to posture correction. As a result, my bodyline looks better. Because of filming schedule, I couldn't sleep well and therefore I've lost some weight as well. My character is always too sensitive/delicate and somehow me too ended up with forced diet. Once, the director had even advised me not to come to the filming set because my face got bloated/swollen. Originally I'm just a person who will get swollen/bloated easily even if I eat just a little at night.

- Seeing the acting of Lee Soon Jae, Cheon Ho Jin, Song Ok Sook and other senior actors. What are the thoughts that come to your mind?

I envy their composure the most. As when I'm acting, my mind is working hastily so I tend to talk faster than usual and my breathing become quicker too. Seeing how good the seniors are in being spontaneous, I feel amazed and also frustrated with myself at the same time. Even when the words on the script weren't written well, each of them managed to do wonders with their word improvisation. So, I have the thought 'When will I become good like that?' all the time.

- What is the hardest thing?

I'm feeling so physically limited. I drink black raspberry wine (bokbunja), onion juice and all other kinds of supplement that I've never eaten before in my life. If I'm sick, I don't want to be a nuisance to other people. I think that being healthy and having good stamina is a merit. If my body condition isn't well, I couldn't get focus with the script. Healthcare management is the basic principle to perform well in acting. 

- On real-time searches, your name often comes up with the 'hot star' tag. Why do you think is that?

I don't have any special acquaintance/closeness with any of the portal sites. Haha.. I don't know. I should have just enjoy the attention that I'm receiving right now.

- Who is the mood-maker on the filming set?

It's Choi Tae Joon who plays as Gong Hyeon Seok; the prosecutor and Im Joo Hwan's younger brother in the drama. He always does impersonation of the staffs especially the actresses and tries to bring up the atmosphere on the filming set.

- What is the message that 'Ugly Alert' brings in its story?

There are more cases of people in this world in which they live their life in a good and the right way though still be wronged by other people, aren't there? In this drama, Jun Soo lives his life by being good-hearted to others but he isn't doing it with the intention for making money or for trying to have a huge success out of it. And we seem to realize, that's the part that we are usually missing out in life. So, I hope that viewers will feel pleasure and gratitude towards that particular part that is being pointed out by this drama. 

** Translate by Hiedi/@nhb19
** Source: http://isplus.joins.com/article/870/11851870.html?cloc=

link of translation by heidi http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rloll9

• 2 weeks later...