Kang Sora 강소라 - 姜素拉 - カン・ソラ - คัง โซรา - كانغ سورا

ChoonHee21

Actress Kang So-ra Learns How to Take Things Easy

2020/01/11

Actress Kang So-ra will appear in a big-screen comedy set for release next week.

The film "Secret Zoo", based on a popular webtoon of the same title, is her first-ever comedy. It revolves around a lawyer who takes over a zoo that is on the verge of bankruptcy, and its staff, who disguise themselves as zoo animals in an attempt to turn things around. Kang plays a veterinarian who joins the bizarre mission and pretends to be a lion.

"When I first heard about the film, I thought it would be either a great success or a complete disaster. I was attracted because it sounded totally novel. So I decided to jump in, thinking that it would be a good experience for me", Kang said.

But the role was more physically demanding than she had imagined. "I had to act in an animal suit that weighed at least 10 kg and it was really hot inside. It wasn't easy but I knew it was a rare opportunity and I really enjoyed playing an animal", Kang recalled.

For Kang, shooting a film is not all about box-office success. "I would be really happy to star in a hit movie. But if I enjoy shooting and have a lot of great memories on set, that's enough for me", she said.

The actress, who has just turned 30, says she feels more at ease than before. "In my 20s, I was just so greedy and impatient that I wanted to give a try to anything, even if I knew I couldn't handle it. Now I am somewhat settled. I have learned more about myself and I feel more comfortable", she said.

"In the past, I worried too much about what other people would think of me, especially when choosing a role. I didn't hang out with my friends much because I was caught up in dieting as I strove to look perfect to others. Now I reflect solely on myself and my feelings more often and try to take more time for my family and friends", she said.

"Secret Zoo" is directed by Son Jae-gon, and features Ahn Jae-hong, Kang So-ra, Park Young-gyu, Kim Sung-oh, Jeon Yeo-bin, Park Hyuk-kwon. Release date in Korea: 2020/01/15.

• Thanks 1

Actress Kang So Ra shares her childhood dream was marrying a successful restaurant owner

1578781149-eun20200111220937-o-01-c-1.jpg

Actress Kang So Ra revealed her childhood dream was to marry a successful restaurant owner. 

On the January 11th episode of Jtbc's 'Knowing Brothers', Kang So Ra channeled her inner foodie while sharing her childhood dream. She said, "When I was a child, I really wanted snacks other than regular meals. Well, people used to say when you want black bean noodles, you got to marry the owner. So I wanted to marry a successful restaurant owner so that I could have delicious things." 

The actress continued, "Now that I'm a little older, I thought of getting into the foodservice industry. But I think running a restaurant requires a lot of work. If I happen to pursue that dream, I want to do something like operating organic tteok(Korean rice cake)cafe."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/01/actress-kang-so-ra-shares-her-childhood-dream-was-marrying-a-successful-restaurant-owner

Actress Kang So Ra reveals how she was cast in her breakthrough movie role in 'Sunny'

Actress Kang So Ra revealed how she was cast in her breakthrough role in the 2011 hit movie 'Sunny'.

Spoiler

On the January 11th episode of 'Knowing Brothers', Kang So Ra shared her method for getting cast by audition despite fierce competition. She said, "I wanted to take the audition as relaxed as possible, so I put the director's photo as my computer desktop background. I greeted it every day, so I wouldn't be nervous."

The actress continued, "All directors' profile photos make them look very seriously, but when I saw him in person, he was actually really adorable. That's why I couldn't stop laughing to the point I couldn't act. I was cast because I cracked up laughing."

Check out the clip of Kang So Ra telling her story above.

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/01/actress-kang-so-ra-reveals-how-she-was-cast-in-her-breakthrough-movie-role-in-sunny

Kang Sora And Jeon Yeo Bin Talk About Their Real Personalities Versus Image As Actresses

Spoiler

Kang Sora And Jeon Yeo Bin Talk About Their Real Personalities Versus Image As Actresses

by C. Hong

On January 14, Kang Sora and Jeon Yeo Bin appeared on the SBS PowerFM radio show “Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time” to promote their new film “Secret Zoo.”

DJ Choi Hwa Jung shared that she had been a fan of Kang Sora since the movie “Sunny” and Jeon Yeo Bin since the drama “Melo Is My Nature” and said that Kang Sora seemed to have a very easygoing personality.

Kang Sora replied, “The people around me tell me that as well. Many people are concerned because of that. They think I’ll go somewhere and say something weird.”

Choi Hwa Jung said, “If an actress doesn’t act standoffish like people expect, the people around her may like that, but they may also be taken aback.” Kang Sora agreed and said, “I think most people are taken aback by me.”

Jeon Yeo Bin said, “I’m kind of similar to Kang Sora, but I am less easygoing in some ways. Sora has a very refreshing personality. My ‘Melo Is My Nature’ character just directly said whatever she wanted to say, but my real personality is not quite like that.”

Later, the actresses took listener questions. “I’m good at reacting quickly to situations, but I don’t have endurance,” Kang Sora said about herself. “I do things broadly but shallowly. But my relationships are narrow and deep. I don’t like meeting too many people at once. I don’t like things like, ‘Let’s just eat a meal together.'”

Jeon Yeo Bin shared that her bucket list item for 2020 was to learn languages and said, “I want to learn English. Sora is really good and I want to learn.” Kang Sora’s goal for 2020 was to travel alone.

“Secret Zoo” tells the story of a group of employees at a struggling zoo who pretend to be the animals that have been sold and sent away. It premieres in South Korea on January 15.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377035wpp/kang-sora-and-jeon-yeo-bin-talk-about-their-real-personalities-versus-image-as-actresses