[Drama 2013] Flower Boy Next Door / My Flower Boy Neighbor (이웃집 꽃미남)

pad-hari

Flower-Boy-Next-Door-540x378.jpg

======

Discussion by Episode (links within this thread)

• [*]
Episode 1 - I sneak looks at him everyday 나는 매일 그를 훔쳐본다[*]Episode 2 - Please, just leave me alone!!! 날 좀 내버려둬 제발!!![*]Episode 3 - First love is painful, unrequited love is sad 첫사랑은 아프고 짝사랑은 슬프다.[*]Episode 4 - No such thing as kind lies or white lies? 착한 거짓말, 하얀 거짓말은 없다?[*]Episode 5 - I make up 100 reasons to meet you by chance 우연처럼 널 만나기 위해 백가지 이유를 만들어[*]Epidode 6 - The keywords for meetings are ‘fated’ and ‘ill-fated’ 만남의 연관 검색어는 인연과 악연[*]Episode 7 - Pride and prejudice and misunderstanding 오만과 편견과 오해[*]Episode 8 - Hazardous Tunnel Zone Ahead 전방에 터널 위험 구간입니다.[*]Episode 9 - You love someone as much as you know them. You know someone as much as you love them. 아는 만큼 사랑한다. 사랑하는 만큼 안다.[*]Episode 10 - If you want to know your enemy, see things through their eyes, not your own! 적을 알고 싶다면 내 눈이 아닌 그의 눈으로 보라![*]Episode 11 - Can I become the old me again? 다시 예전의 내가 될 수 있을까? [*]Episode 12 - The wind is blowing. I like you. 바람이 분다. 당신이 좋다.Episode 13 - Should I dream a new dream? 새로운 꿈을 꾸라는 것일까?Episode 14 - Sometimes love is looking at 2 different maps. 사랑은 때로 각자 다른 두 개의 지도를 보는 것이다.Episode 15 - Sometimes love wants to take the long road. 사랑은 때론 먼 길을 원한다

======

Directed by Jeong Jeong-hwa (정정화)

Screenplay by Kim Eun-jeong (김은정)

Airing dates : 2013/01/07~Upcoming

16 Episodes
Mon, Tues 23:00

Synopsis
Based on the popular webtoon, "I Sneak A Peek At Him Everyday", this is a comedy drama that pleasantly unravels the modern day person's mentality to peek.

Source

HanCinema.net

Synopsis: Based on the webtoon titled I Watch Him Every Day. It is a romantic comedy about a girl named Go Dok Mi who locks her self in her tower. She soon becomes aware of her new Flower Boy neighbour Enrique Geum and is caught sneaking peeks at him constantly.

Enrique Geum is a genius creative director, who is good-looking, stylish and bohemian and can′t get enough of soccer. He will form a love line with Go Dok Mi.

Go Dok Mi is a city Rapunzel who never ventures outdoors, yet has her own set of charms that makes men go weak.
A.K.A:이웃집 꽃미남 / Yiootjib Kkotminam, My Neighbor Flower Boy, The Pretty Boy Next Door, My Flower Boy Neighbor
Episodes:
16Airtime: Mon. & Tue. 23:00
Released:
7 January 2013Broadcast Network: tvN
Director:Jung Jung Hwa
Writer:Kim Eun Jung

cr:dramaholics.com

Official Poster
imageimage
Teasers

Official Websitehttp://giftmap.interest.me/View/521

RELATIONSHIP CHART 

07-5.jpg

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Park Shin Hye as Go Dok Mi. She is described as an urban Rapunzel, who locks herself in her apartment to shut out the outside world … though not completely. She makes it a daily ritual to spy on Han Tae Joon, a gentle doctor who lives across her building. During one of her vigils, she is caught by Han’s cousin Enrique Geum, and that’s when Dok Mi’s reclusive world rocks open.

01-24.jpg

Yoon Si Yoon as Enrique Geum. According to early descriptions, Enrique is a genius creative director who loves soccer. Based on the episode 1 trailer, it seems he also has a superiority complex. ;) One day, he catches Go Dok Mi spying, but I think he mistakenly believes she has been eyeing him.

02-25.jpg

Kim Ji Hoon as Oh Jin Rak. He is an aspiring webtoon writer, but he might not be good at the job. Although he is a jerk, he has an offbeat charm, and according to the teaser, he has assumed the role of Go Dok Mi’s protector, which puzzles the heroine. He is also unashamed to show his jealous feelings in front of the girl he likes, which must be Go Dok Mi.

03-19.jpg

Park Su Jin as Cha Do Hui. Elegant, sociable, and a CEO of an Internet shopping mall, Cha Do Hui comes across as perfect, but it’s all a facade. She and Go Dok Mi have a rivalry that extends back to their days in high school, and somehow, their paths will cross again in the present.

04-10.jpg

Go Kyung Pyo as Oh Dong Hoon. He is Oh Jin Rak’s webtoon assistant, but their professional lives tend to blur, as Dong Hoon freeloads off his employer. In fact, his chicanery is well-known around the neighborhood, despite his charms.

Kouki Mizuta as Watanabe. He is an international student, who, based on the preview, might also be living with Oh Jin Rak.

Kim Jeong San as Han Tae Joon. He is a gentle doctor who’s also Go Dok Mi’s object of affection and Enrique’s cousin. Unbeknownst to him, Dok Mi, who lives across his building, has been watching him at all times of the day everyday.

05-7.jpg

Kim Yoon Hye as Seo Young. She is the first love and carefree best friend of Enrique Geum. On the flip side, Han Tae Joon is her first love, and her feelings seem to be reciprocated by the young physician. However, two of her guys in a romantic entanglement with Go Dok Mi? And with Oh Jin Rak having his sights on Dok Mi, will the show have a love pentagon?

06-6.jpg

cr: couchkimchi/thao_2512

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third tvN Flower Boy drama stars Yoon Shi-yoon, Park Shin-hyeby javabeans | October 31, 2012 | 

yoonshiyoon_13.jpg

Dude. DUDE! I’m not going to jump the gun and say this show is going to be awesome… but it’s going to be awesome, right?

The time has come for a third installment in the “Flower Boy” series, and this one is titledFlower Boy Next Door. I love that, inasmuch as I love all cute plays on words. The producers have scored two big names for this one: Yoon Shi-yoon and Park Shin-hye. Huzzah! Two young talents with acting skills to match their pretty faces.

Cable channel tvN has scored twice thus far with its “Oh Boy” series of programming. Oh Boy was a project that kicked off last year to target the young teenage demographic (which doesn’t always command the big broadcast audiences—the prime-time dramas on the Big Three stations mostly target 20-something and 30-something audiences, as well as the ajumma viewer base). It kicked off with Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, then aired a realityaudition show to cast a supporting role in the follow-up drama. Straight from the auditions did Yoo Min-kyu go to Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, where he played bassist Ha-jin.

Both Flower Boy dramas have been ratings successes and became buzz shows, and both definitely scored with me—they were vastly different despite the Flower Boy in their titles, but spoke to me for different reasons. Ramyun Shop was zany and comedic in the best of ways, while Shut Up just spoke to my heart. The reason both worked—despite the admittedly gimmicky premise—is that even though they’ve got the trappings of fluff teen fare (and the marketing, branding, and pretty faces), neither drama forgot to have a story and a spirit, and contained tons of warmth and soul.

parkshinhye_133.jpg

Thus I’m hoping third time is also a charm, and am optimistic that this one will also have a solid story to carry the drama. It’s based on an existing webtoon called I Steal Peeks At Him Every Day. It’s an upbeat, lively story that centers around an “urban Rapunzel” type character, played by Park Shin-hye, who is locked up in her lonely tower. Figuratively speaking—at least I hope. She sneaks peeks at her neighbor across the street, and gets caught by a different guy, played by Yoon Shi-yoon. Sold and sold. I’m hooked already.

These names crack me up; Park plays Go Dok-mi, which is a play on the word for lonely (go-dok). Yoon’s flower boy character is named Enrique Geum. Okay, there’s nothing inherently funny about his name, but the juxtaposition amuses me. Enrique is a fashionable creative director with charm out the wazoo and “superior genes.” Heh.

I’m super excited about this pairing, because I love both actors but not always all their roles, and this one sounds like it’ll be great for both of them. I’m crossing fingers and toes that they have chemistry, because they sure have the comedic and dramatic chops. I really enjoyed Yoon Shi-yoon in his last drama, Me Too, Flower, and he was good in it—but that drama nosedived and I couldn’t shake the feeling that he was terribly miscast. Park, too, has had some winners and also some… not-so-winners. So I’m hoping this one succeeds.

Plus! PD Jung Jung-hwa is back in the game, after having directed Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. Screenwriter Kim Eun-jung is penning the scripts; her film credits include Coffee (Gabi) and Hwang Jini (the 2007 movie).

Just like the first two series, Flower Boy Next Door one will be a Monday-Tuesday romantic comedy running for 16 episodes. It premieres on January 7, 2013. *circles date in red ink* *decorates with flowers and hearts*

Via Segye

cr:dramabeans.com

Yoon Si-yoon comes back as pretty boy again

photo262391.jpg

Stars in tvN "The Pretty Boy Next Door".

Actor Yoon Si-yoon is coming back as a pretty boy this time.

Yoon Si-yoon has come back home after long term promoting his drama "Me Too, Flower!" overseas. His next project is "The Pretty Boy Next Door" on cable TV tvN.

"The Pretty Boy Next Door" is about the reality of not knowing who lives next door. This is the third 'pretty boy' series in following the "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" and "Shut Up: Flower Boy Band".

Yoon Si-yoon has pulled off several characters so far in dramas, "Bread, Love and Dreams" and "Me Too! Flower". Park Sin-hye is his opposing character.

Meanwhile, Yoon Si-yoon acted out the character who works hard to become the best cook there is in the Chinese "Happy Noodle" also known as the Chinese version of "Bread, Love and Dreams". Yoon took on the role of a fashion stylist in the Japanese internet movie "Brand Guardians".

Source : news.donga.com/3//201... ( English )

Park Shin Hye and Yoon Si Yoon to star in upcoming drama ‘Flower Boy Next Door’
by pkdance - Oct 30, 2012 at 10:29 pm

parkshinhye.jpg

It has been announced that Park Shin Hye and Yoon Si Yoon will star in the upcoming tvN drama, ‘Flower Boy Next Door‘.

tvN confirmed on the 31st, “Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye have been cast for tvN’s upcoming 2013 Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Flower Boy Next Door’.”

‘Flower Boy Next Door’ will be a 16 episode romantic comedy that features the love story of an ‘urban rapunzel’ Go Dok Mi (played by Park Shin Hye) who gets caught by her the flower boy Enrique (played by Yoon Si Yoon) while sneaking glances at her neighbor.

The producers for the drama stated, “This will show a fresh perspective that hasn’t been seen before and will be an exciting drama. From the start of the drama’s conception, Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye were the writers’ first choice actors. The collaboration of the top producers and actors, and its interesting story line give it a triple threat that’s worth anticipating.”

‘Flower Boy Next Door’ will premiere on January 7th, 2013.

cr:allkpop.com

Guest livon123

I can't wait to see this series. I loved Yoon Si Yoon in Baker King. and comeback drama of Shin Hye, both young and good at acting! Romantic Comedy :D

Guest venezia007

thanks for the opening thread  >:D<

Park Sin-hye cast for "The Pretty Boy Next Door"

photo262538.jpg

Park Sin-hye has been cast for the tvN drama "The Pretty Boy Next Door".

"The Pretty Boy Next Door" is based on the original web toon, "I Sneak A Peek At Him Everyday" and it s a comedy drama that pleasantly unravels the modern day person's mentality to peek. The city-type Rapunzel Ko Dok-mi (Park Sin-hye) clashes with the pretty boys next door and steps into the world.

Park Sin-hye leads the story as the unique character Ko Dok-mi who completely disarms the pretty boys and through them, she walks out into the world step by step.

4HIM Entertainment said, Park Sin-hye will reveal 200% of what she's got in this drama.

Meanwhile, "The Pretty Boy Next Door" will be aired for the first time on the 7th of January in 2013, every Mondays and Tuesdays at 11PM.

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/park-sin-hye-cast-for-the-pretty-boy-next-door-49237.html

After confirmed, Yeay, I'm so excited. FINALLY Park Shin Hye makes drama and movie comeback. Woww, next year like her year.
can't wait to see their chemistry. hope storyline, chemistry, and compactness of all actor and staff drama will make a big hit drama. looking forward to it O:-)

here is the webtoon that is mentioned in the articles it is not in english though ! as from what I see according to illustration I think it's funny and think we'll experience a lot of laughs if someone who understands korean could translate? :) http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/peekinghim gomowo!!!

AWESOME !! I think after Nice Guy I'm going to be on a K-drama break due to going overseas but by the time I come back this show should have started airing so I can't wait. Finally a casting that has made me extremely happy & I adore the Flower franchise so I have high hopes for this drama ^^~

Guest venezia007

curious who will be the 2nd FL and ML huhh
and still little news of the drama while filming will begin in mid november 8-|  
btw, pls support this fp
https://www.facebook.com/FlowerBoy3
http://www.facebook.com/ShinHye.SiYoon

gomawo :)

Guest jollibee

i love it...the thought...
i've never been disappointed with any of the flower boy series before...super high expectations...
love it...
p.s
@padhari
thanks for the thread..

Archived