[Drama 2013] Flower Boy Next Door / My Flower Boy Neighbor (이웃집 꽃미남)

pad-hari

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="entry-title" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 255); border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 22px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); "Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye to Star in Flower Boy Next Door for tvN (30 comments)Posted on November 3, 2012 by ockoala

ysybg.jpg

Somebody pinch me to convince me that I’m not dreaming. While I was engrossed with other dramas this week, tvN announced the casting of its next Flower Boy installment and the leads are none other than Koala darlings Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye. This new installment is calledFlower Boy Next Door, and I swear I’m all set to lavish my obsessive love on it based on the synopsis and the casting of two leads that are going to fursplode my screen with cuteness and potent chemistry. I confess to dropping Flower Boy Ramyun Shop after 2 episodes since I hated the directing and didn’t like either of the lead characters, and I still have Shut Up: Flower Boy Bandon my watch list though I’m never in the mood to actually click play. Sometimes dramas are just like having a certain craving at any given time. In this new Flower Neighbor installment, Park Shin Hye plays a shy girl locked away in her apartment who crushes on the pretty boy neighbor of hers. She gets caught in her crush by another flower boy played by Yoon Si Yoon. It’s described as a modern day Rapunzel story, whatever that means. Her character’s name is a pun on Lonely Girl, while his name is the hilariously random Enrique Geum. I hope he also has Korean name that can be used from time to time. The drama will be based off a popular web cartoon called called “I Sneak Peeks at Him Everyday”. This all sounds so cute and totally up my alley. If I lived next door to Yoon Si Yoon, I’ve be sneaking peaks at him every second.

shcutie.jpg

In the drama, Shin Hye’s character is described as isolated but has natural charm that awes the men around her. While Yoon Si Yoon’s character is a genius creative director who dresses bohemian plus has a love of soccer. The drama will air on Mon-Tues on cable channel tvN starting January 7, 2013. Unfortunately the PD is the same guy who did Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, so I’m hoping he’s improved in the interim period. What’s way more intriguing is that the scriptwriter is Kim Eun Jung, who has until now only written movie scripts. Included in her body of works are the movies GabiHwang Jin YiMadeleine, and one of my all-time faves Il Mare. This is all so exciting I don’t know how to contain myself. Oh yes, I’ll go scream into a pillow now. Si Yoon! Back on my screen! With Shin Hye! Kyaaaaaa!

cr:koalas playground.com

Guest shin hye1430272380

"FLOWER BOY NEXT DOOR” CASTS KIM JI HOON

Come January 7th, Park Shin Hye will be the most envied girl in South Korea! 
Kim Ji Hoon has been picked to play love triangle with Shin Hye and Yoon Si Yoon on tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door. This will be his first drama since being discharged from the military last July.
Because my proficiency in Korean is limited to Google Translate, I can only give scant details on Ji Hoon’s character (based on thisnewsen article): a stiff jerk; stubborn as a mule; and a clumsy novice writer with an exotic, offbeat charm and a unique fashion philosophy. It’s my guess he’s the neighbor whom “urban Rapunzel” Go Dok Mi (Park Shin Hye) will be secretly eyeing everyday.
Flower Boy Next Door will be airing on Mondays and Tuesdays on tvN, starting in January of next year.
By goodange couchkimchi
kim-ji-hoon-hello-tv-01.jpg

Guest jjsweeter0211

Kim Ji-hoon joins tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door

by javabeans | November 5, 2012 | 

kimjihoon_108.jpg

Woohoo! So many things about this news make me happy: Kim Ji-hoon is returning to dramaland post-army service (and for real this time, not like that weekend show he wascast in, then wasn’t). He’ll be taking up a lead role in tvN’s Flower Boy Next Door, the third drama in the cable station’s “Oh Boy” series of Flower Boy programming (followingFlower Boy Ramyun Shop and Shut Up: Flower Boy Band), which has already cast Park Shin-hye and Yoon Shi-yoon as the main leads.

The 16-episode romantic comedy reportedly takes a humorous and upbeat approach with today’s culture of sneaking peeks at our neighbors. Um. Okay, that sounds wrong. I suppose it means more in the sense of google-stalking and being a nosy neighbor, although I do wonder how the show’s going to keep Park Shin-hye’s character from being a creepy stalker girl with the way she keeps sneaking looks at her hot neighbor (the role Kim Ji-hoon will play). I’m not worried they won’t be able to; I’m just hoping for the best. It’s a younger man, Yoon Shi-yoon, who catches her at the peeping and presumably lots of cuteness will ensue between them.

As the object of our heroine’s interest, Kim Ji-hoon portrays a rather weak rookie webtoon artist. Heh. He’s described as being attractive despite his difficult, stubborn, and rude personality. With constantly tangled hair, a wardrobe consisting of tracksuits, and a coarse mouth, he’s reminding me an awful lot of Lee Seon-kyun’s character in Petty Romance, the adult comic artist who was poor at storytelling. Not a bad association, in my book.

It’s not a character type I’ve seen from Kim Ji-hoon yet, but I have plenty of faith he’ll be able to do it. He does grumpy hotties so well (see: Wish Upon a Star), and can do a pretty great droll/deadpan delivery. He’s also no stranger to tvN, which was the home of his cable sci-fi-mystery-sageuk Joseon X-Files, one of my favorite K-dramas ever.

(Urg, apparently there’s yet another nonsensical shortened word that’s been coined to refer to his type: the ung-mae-nam, aka the bumbling yet attractive flower boy. I’m hoping that’s a term that doesn’t catch on; I’ve just barely come to terms with cha-do-nam and bol-mae-nam. Not everything needs its own label!)

Can’t wait! Flower Boy Next Door kicks off on January 7, 2013.

Via TV Report

Guest jjsweeter0211

Kim Ji-hoon-I in "The Pretty Boy Next Door"

Source | 2012/11/05 |

photo263042.jpg

Actor Kim Ji-hoon-I who finished military service in July this year is coming back with the tvN drama "The Pretty Boy Next Door".

Based on the popular web toon "I Watch Him Everyday", "The Pretty Boy Next Door" is a romantic comedy about a girl named Ko Dok-mi (Park Sin-hye) who lives in seclusion, getting caught peeking at the boy next door.

In addition to Park Sin-hye and Yoon Si-yoonKim Ji-hoon-I has been cast as Oh Jin-rak, a rookie web toon writer who is bad tempered and stubborn. He is the complete opposite character from Enrique Geum (Yoon Si-yoon).

Kim Ji-hoon-I claims, "I felt attracted to Oh Jin-rak who is pure enough to be jealous in front of what he likes and the woman he loves. I am going to bring a change to myself".

"The Pretty Boy Next Door" will be aired for the first time on the 7th of January 2013.

Source : star.mk.co.kr/new/vie... ( English )

Read more at http://www.hancinema.net/kim-ji-hoon-i-in-the-pretty-boy-next-door-49394.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#rBdSfIKrrLQPMVHs.99 

class="entry-title" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 255); border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 22px; "Kim Ji Hoon Joins Flower Boy Next Door as the Second Male Lead 

kimjihooon.jpg

Oh richard simmons oh richard simmons oh richard simmons….hyperventilating here. This might be some pre-election day leg pulling, something equal parts thrilling and saddening. It’s rendered me feeling like I’m bipolar and I don’t know whether I should laugh, cry, do both, or just go flail in the corner until I can behave like a human being again. Since leaving the army this past July, Kim Ji Hoon signed on for the weekend dramaMy Daughter So Young, which was slated to reunite him with his Wish Upon a Star co-star Choi Jung Yoon, but both ended up dropping the drama rather quietly and without any reason. That was strange enough but I knew good things would come to those who waited so I remained ever patient waiting for him to pick his first post-military project. In the interim, he was a guest on Strong Hearthosted by his buddy Lee Dong Wook and I got a nice fix there but nothing beats seeing him back on my screen in a dramatic setting. Now it was been confirmed, and this casting was completely utterly under my radar because I’m as floored by the news as anyone – Kim Ji Hoon has signed on to play the second male lead in Flower Boy Next Door. Kim Ji Hoon as the second male lead! With Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye! I’m so happy about this cast I could cry (okay, I’m crying), but I only wish my beloved Ji Hoon could get his own girl as well so I can have a drama where both of my beloved leading men end up happy and in love. Otherwise this is pretty much casting perfection for a youthful rom-com as far as I’m concerned. Let’s see any drama in 2013 try beating this baby in sheer awesomeness.

myloves.jpg

Flower Boy Next Door is a youthful romantic drama about a modern day Rapunzel with a crush on her flower boy neighbor (Kim Ji Hoon playing a schlumpy grumpy mediocre webtoon artist who is still a pretty boy), who ends up falling for her other flower boy neighbor (Yoon Si Yoo playing a genius creative director). DID PARK SHIN HYE SAVE AN ENTIRE CIVILIZATION IN HER PREVIOUS LIFE? She must have, otherwise I’m not computing this sweet girl’s drama karma that allows her to be sandwiched between these two stellar leading men. Park Shin Hye has been a very blergh kisser in all her previous dramas, but there is no way in hell she ain’t learning to kiss onscreen convincing after making out with one or both of these guys, who are both gaspworthy onscreen kissers. I’ll go weep over my own sad fate now while the agonizing wait begins until this drama airs. Flower Boy Next Door premieres January 7th on cable network tvN. This drama is so tailored made for me that even if my hated directing foe PD Pyo Min Soo directed this sucker (which he’s not) I’d sit through it all and just take some anti-motion sickness medication.

cr:koalasplayground.com

Guest citaphils

Thanks for opening this thread @padhari..
I'm also excited on this drama since I miss Shinhye in a drama already..
Here's a collage of the "love triangle"...:\">
Embedded image permalinkcr. the rightful owners of the photos

Guest mari_chan90

Fan girling about this show so much! I love both YSY and PSH so much and to have them together is great news! I watched "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" and read recaps of "Shut Up". Loved them both! Here's hoping the don't break the pattern! 
As for the third person in the love triangle it's Kim Ji-Hoon
 kimjihoon4.jpg
Check out the article belowhttp://www.dramabeans.com/2012/11/kim-ji-hoon-joins-tvns-flower-boy-next-door/

so finally this drama thread open, been waiting for this....

I'll be rooting this drama until the end..... 

i've watched "flower boy ramyun shop" last yr and its fun watching, hopefully this drama turned out to
be the best one....finger cross  :)

PSH is my fave actress ever, hopefully something differently will come out from her for this drama... 

I love Yoon Shi Yoon manly voice and his smile..cuteness overload...  he is the only reason I watch "me too, flower"
until the end... ;)

suprisingly, Kim Ji Hoon is going to be the 2nd male lead.... I've first watch him in 2010 movie "Natalie",..
dont ask my age because I am old enough to watch Natalie... for those wondering this movie is "R" rated.. but of
course Kim Ji Hoon is a good actor, plus he is sooo good looking...

so now, hopefully I wouldnt  be torn between two OTP ..... lol

Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye will attend 2012 MAMA Hongkong on november 30!

Jung Woo Sung, Song Seung Hun, Song Joong Ki and more stars will be flying to Hong Kong to attend the 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards (2012 MAMA) as presenters.

Other confirmed stars include Yun Eun Hye, Han Chae Young, Lee Dong Gun, Jung Il Woo, Kim Sung Soo, Kim Kang Woo, Oh Ji Ho, Jung Kyeo Woon, Jo Yoon Hee, Go Joon Hee, Yoon Si Yoon and Park Shin Hye.

These stars will attend the Red Carpet Party to be held before the actual ceremony, then appear onstage to present singers their awards.
The participation of top actors is expected to help MAMA boast the excellence of not only K-Pop, but also Korean films and dramas, and draw more attention to the ceremony as a festival that reaches across Asia.

Director Han Dong Chul, in charge of 2012 MAMA, said, "MAMA is aiming to be a festival that brings Asia and the world together with the common language of music. It will become a special place for new experiences, in which artists who lead Korean pop culture, regardless of whether they are singers or actors, can share K-culture with fans across Asia."

Psy, Super Junior, Big Bang, SISTAR, Wang Lee Hom and Jackie Chan have also confirmed they would be appearing at 2012 MAMA. As such, the attention of many fans in Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Thailand have been brought to the ceremony, which will be held in Hong Kong on November 30.
Cr enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=20468

Archived