[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

oh yes same like you @hannahmiriam, I watched all his dramas, variety and mv but not that 7 daughters drama dunno why I just cannot bear to watch it.

OOT, did you all watch him in running man, wow I was laughing so loud my family members thot I was crazy!! I really miss him on TV so much.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all! this is my first time in this thread, i've heard about this new drama and i'm thinking of giving it a look when it airs. I also heard that the PD of SG and AGD will be in this drama and i can at least say that production will be good count on it. I think he is a very good PD and i've noticed that he usually brings the best emotions possible out of the actors, so it could be good news for LSG and Suzy.

@Hannahmiriam I've noticed that, like me, you dont trust those idols lol  When i first heard about the casting, i did raise an eyebrow, it just seems so random and for a PD who worked recently with the likes of Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Jan Dong Gun etc.. it did seem weird to me but then i told myself there must be a reason why they cast those young idols with limited acting skills as leads, there's a lot of that going on lately though, everywhere and it worries me. The trend of choosing idols as leads in dramas seem to have increased from previous years so it gives me pause because there are so many trained actors who get passed over but anyway.... i'm going to give those two a chance. LSG doesn't worry me that much, he has skills, compared to many idols turned actors, i think him and Yochun have the most potential to really become full blown actors once they get rid of that idol image, but Suzy...i just dont know. Dont mean to offend any fanbase though. I'll just wait for the drama to air.

I'm so waiting to see this drama,if it has 30 episodes i'm quite curious about the story,the plot sound intresting but i hope it will deliver a little of everything...I absolutely love Seung Gi,watched him in like most of his popular dramas and loved him(my favorite till now is King 2hearts)...I hope that he'll have chemistry with Suzy♥ I'm not so worried about her actually because if she passed the audition or whatsoever,they saw something in her that is fit for the character...(Answer Me 1997 Eun Ji anyone? she is a idol newbie and she rocked that role)...so i'm not going to say anythng about her till i se her in the drama...I hope that it will be a popular show...till now Seung Gi always taken the good dramas :x

sorry @miky88, only 20 episodes :( if only like Brilliant Legacy... 28 episodes that would be sooo good!

yes think Seung gi is not those idol acting, like the recent TK2H the story plot is not those rom-com which audience usually like but he took it up because he want to improve his acting skill!

sSig_ImNewHere.gif Interesting to see LSG in another gumiho story. Have mixed feelings re Suzy being the lead though, but hey, I like her, both in DH and Big, so I'll keep an open mind. At least we don't have a much older female lead who looks way too old for the lead and both are pleasant to look at.  :D

Guest alysanne

Tryp posted this update based on new articles and on updates by yeohweping. 

Yoon Seo Hwa (Lee Yeon Hee) & the guardian god of Jiri mountains, Gu Wal Ryung fell in love but due to the trap of their enemies, the Yoon family status fell into ruins. While Seo Hwa was on the run with her maid (Kim Bo Mi), she received news that Wal Ryung had disappeared after a mishap. Feeling unable to raise her son while escaping, she sent him down the river in basket hoping that someone could take him in.
Choi Kang Chi who grew up with the Choi family after he was picked up from river, discovered that he is actually a half man half beast when he was going after criminals when his special abilities began to show. In order to become a full human, he needs the gu family’s book to find a way to. But destiny once again leads his first love’s family to suffer the same ill fate that his mom’s family had gone through.
Kang Chi slowly became caught as well between two women. His first love who will do anything to restore her family upper class status and his teacher’s daughter who gradually hold a special place in his heart through their constant fightings.
Kang Chi is finally forced to fight against his greatest enemy, his father who had lost all his memories 20 years ago and was tricked into helping his enemies.

Kang Chi slowly became caught as well between two women. His first love who will do anything to restore her family upper class status and his teacher’s daughter who gradually hold a special place in his heart through their constant fightings.
--> Disappointed. I was really looking forward to this drama but this killed the buzz (somewhat) for me. I'm not fond of dramas with characters still focused on their first loves when said first loves aren't part of the main OTP. It tends to drag the story down when it goes on and on for many episodes.
But I've learned not to rely too much on characters' descriptions prior to the airing of a drama. It's all in the execution so I'll wait and see. But it's lost the n°1 most anticipated drama of 2013 spot for me.

@jamy47 Let's not forget that the writer worked on King of Baking where there were maaany newbies. I don't consider Seung Gi a newbie.
Hi @ZarraJae Are you sure you're not here for Kang Chi's friend? I'm glad to see him here - I'm not yet sure if it's for his acting or for his face.
I'm curious who will play his father.

@Hannahmiriam Hello, I don't know who the other supporting cast are  ;)  so I'm honestly watching it for LSG alone. The other names are not familiar at all. I hope Han CA joins the cast, then maybe we'd have a shipping war kekeke since Suzy has yet to prove herself as a lead. Han did an awesome job in Gaksital but I thought she is already in another drama now?

@Hannahmiriam Seriously? Lee Sang Yeob will be here as well? Heehee, another 'pretty' face. He's 'hot' in almost all his dramas but when I saw him in Strong Heart, somehow he shattered my expectations of a dashing nice guy. I guess there are some actors who do really well in supporting roles only and only few can become lead. I think he's one of them. Come to think of it, I don't think Lee SG had ever been in a supporting role in a drama? I've seen 3 of his dramas and all are leads and the opposite is true for Suzy. Let's see how she does. :D

@ZarraJae Seung Gi was in sitcom "Nonstop 5" way back in 2005 and a year later, he took a supporting role in a weekend drama "Famous Princesses" as Teng Ja's dad / Tae Ja. 
In the earlier episode of 1n2d when they visited a group of grandmothers, these grandmothers didn't know Seung Gi's real name, they kept calling him "Teng Ja's dad" :D  
Whoaa I hope it's true that Lee Sang Yeob is cast in GFB. Love love him so much in Nice Guy. 
As for Jung Hye Young, I hope she'll join the cast too. I last saw her in Return of Iljilmae and so eagerly waiting for her to come back to the small screen. 
@Hannahmiriam I'm also very curious who'll be playing as CKC's father. 

@vi4 Thanks for the info. I got to know LSG from XMen and 1D2N and I knew him as a singer back then. I've only seen his recent dramas after he became famous in the variety programs and I really liked him in them, especially Strong Heart. I miss seeing him in SH these days  :D

Wahh Am I the only one that is watching this for Suzy? I love the girl.
I couldn't say that she is amazing when it come to acting but she isn't that bad either. She improve and I'm just nervous w/ her carrying this leading role. I really hope her the best and I can't wait to see this drama.. esp. w/ LSG is in it. 

Archived