[Drama 2012] School 2013 학교2013

Guest reijaye

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tiffany.shin

Heheh I can't believe it's 3 December next Monday already!? Omo yayyyyyyyy jn-cd :x so exciting! Thanks for all the press con pics and clips @jjsweeter0211 the trailer seems to show jn-cd will have a bickering romance? Hehe oh how cute :P

Guest jjsweeter0211

School 2013: Lee Jong Seok - Us Students Have Age Gap of 12

Posted on November 29, 2012 in drama by nettop01

'학교2013' 이종석

Actor Lee Jong Seok has released the ages of the actors playing the students in ‘School 2013′.

Lee Jong Seok, on the production release of ‘School 2013′, commented that “the oldest crew we have in student group is at the same age as the teacher Choi Daniel”.

“The youngest in my class in ‘School 2013′ is only 14. We at first wondered whether our age difference can help us communicate” and “but we get along so well. We’re having a lot of fun”, smiling.

Choi Daniel commented, “I once had a same situation in a sitcom. I was the same age as my costar, but I had to play his uncle” and “but I think I can pass for being old quite well”, to the laugh of the audiences.

‘School 2013′ is a drama depicting the various problems centered around school, depicting the real problems of modern-day schools and the various relationships among students, parents, and teachers. The drama will premiere on December 3rd.

November 29, 2012

Fifth 'School' series too close for comfort?
Actress Jang Nara plays teacher troubled by school violence

By Jean Oh The Korea Herald

Whenever high school becomes central to a movie or TV series, the work almost certainly features a truckload of angst, puppy love and educational issues. 

KBS’ new teen drama, “School 2013” (working title), is no exception. 

In “School 2013,” leading lady and rom-com queen Jang Na-ra breaks out of her mold, playing an instructor who struggles to connect with her unruly students. 

The teaser unveiled at the drama’s press conference on Wednesday showed Jang shedding the bubbly persona of her previous Korean drama heroines for the vulnerability of high-school teacher Jung In-jae. 

20121129000743_0.jpg
The cast of “School 2013” (working title) — (from left to right) Choi Daniel, Jang Nara, Park Hae-mi, Yoon Joo-sang — pose at the drama’s press conference in Seoul on Wednesday. (Park Hae-mook/The Korea Herald)

In the highlight reel, Jung (Jang) scolds a student for using his cell phone in class. The student resists her attempts to confiscate his phone, then bullies her again at the school cafeteria. Jung winces, unable to stop him. 

“This character is very real,” Jang said. 

Jang’s protagonist, in fact, may feel a bit too close for comfort. 

Press coverage of bullying and cases of assault by students against teachers has recently brought the issue of school violence to the forefront of public concern, making the skirmish between Jang’s heroine and her student an uncanny echo of the current situation at hand. 

“There are some unsavory moments,” said co-director Lee Min-hong, acknowledging that “School 2013” will not skirt problems present in today’s classroom ― even if that may cause some viewers discomfort. 

“While the series is not 100 percent real, we are trying to make it as real as possible,” Lee added. 

“School 2013” represents the fifth installment of the beloved “School” series that first aired in 1999. The previous, fourth installment aired in 2002.

Lee, who directed the first “School,” returns with what he believes will be an even more true-to-life exploration of teen terrain. 

“The 1999 drama focused on students,” said Lee. “This time, we put equal weight on the teachers, the students and the students’ parents.” 

The upcoming series also promises to touch upon private schooling through “High Kick 2” actor Choi Daniel’s character. 

Teaming up with “Baby-faced Beauty” co-star Jang for the second time, Choi plays a top-notch instructor at a Gangnam-based hagwon who leaves his job for a high school post.

Yet Choi warns viewers not to take “School 2013” too much to heart. 

“It is not a documentary,” Choi said. “This is a series where one watches an episode lightly at first, then, after the credits roll, one finds himself dwelling over its significance.” 

“School 2013” will air Monday and Tuesday nights at 10 p.m starting Dec. 3 on KBS 2 TV.

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

Stills and behind-the-scenes shots from School 2013

by javabeans | November 29, 2012 |

school62.jpg

KBS’s new series School 2013 is just around the corner, with Oohlala Spouses out and the Monday-Tuesday slot ready for its baton pass. I feel like I’ve said just about all I have to say on this drama, so let’s just review the finer points:

It’s got two writers and two directors on its team: the writers mostly have Drama Specials on their resumés, as well as MBC’s 2011 Late Night Hospital; between them the two PDs have Dream High, Hometown of Legends, Hello Miss, Reputable Family, Delightful Girl Chun-hyang, Sangdoo Let’s Go to School, and the original 1999 School on their collective record.

The drama focuses on a class of second-years in high school (so, the equivalent of junior year) and is emphasizing its sense of “fierce realism.” I’m am really looking forward to that — a less glossy look at adolescence than many shows give us, with lots of emotion and moments of growth. It also has the potential to turn into an issue-maker, addressing challenges facing today’s students like bullying, violence, suicide, and so forth. According to its PD, they’re striving for the utmost realism with the real-life high school experience, and have populated their cast with a diverse mix of students.

school60.jpg

That gives us Lee Jong-seok as the ordinary guy with no ambitions whose wishes for a calm life get disturbed with unexpected events. There’s Kim Woo-bin as the troubled transfer student, and Park Se-young as the model student who doesn’t really have her own goals.

They’ve got a lot to live up to, given the stars that studded the original series (who were rookies at the time) like Im Soo-jung, Choi Kang-hee, and Jang Hyuk, though they’re also mindful of making their roles their own. Lee Jong-seok said, “My character could be similar to Jang Hyuk sunbae-nim’s character, but our images are different and I’m trying to express the role a little differently.”

A key point in the series will be the relationships between the students and the adults, and playing two teachers are Jang Nara and Daniel Choi. As we saw in the teasers, these teachers struggle to keep their classes in line, depicting a reality of modern schools where the teachers have lost a lot of their former authority. Should make for some interesting conflict between the kids and the adults.

School 2013 premieres next Monday.

school61.jpg

school48.jpg

school50.jpg

school51.jpg

school49.jpg

school52.jpg

school53.jpg

school54.jpg

school56.jpg

school45.jpg

school44.jpg

school47.jpg

school46.jpg

school57.jpg

school58.jpg

school59.jpg

school26.jpg

school27.jpg

school28.jpg

school29.jpg

school30.jpg

school34.jpg

school35.jpg

school36.jpg

school31.jpg

school32.jpg

school33.jpg

school37.jpg

school38.jpg

school39.jpg

school40.jpg

school41.jpg

school42.jpg

school43.jpg

Via HeraldMy DailyOh My NewsTV Report

@laquetahodge Kim Woo Bin was not in Love Rain, but in A Gentleman's Dignity and in To the Beautiful You. The one in Love Rain is Kim Young Kwang (he is now in can We Get Married and he was also in Batchelor's Vegetable Store).
Sometimes I look at them and get confused, so I take a deep breath and think hard before being sure who is who..

Guest tiffany.shin

omg @jjsweeter0211 thank you for sharing the pic of jn-cd!! ackk my total complete bias for watching School haha theyr soooo cute together, i want them to get together in real life  :x

Guest jjsweeter0211

Why ′School 2013′ is Going to be Worth the Wait

2012-12-02 19:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung
Translation Credit :
 Erika Kim  

The famous School series is out for a new season 10 years since its last.

On November 28, the upcoming KBS2 drama School 2013 held its press conference and played a preview for the first time.

School 2013 is KBS′ new project which aims to bring back the School series, a series deemed the legend of school dramas.

Despite the big expectations being put on the drama due to the popularity of its predecessors, the producers and cast showed that they weren′t affected by the pressure one bit; instead, they actually seemed confident.

The 10-minute-long preview video showed where all that confidence came from.

24369386.jpg

The reason anticipation is so high for School 2013 is because it is being produced by strong players in the genre of school dramas. Choi Gwan Yong, head of the production company of School 2013, Contents K, previously produced such school dramas as Master of Study, starring Kim Soo Ro, Bae Doo Na and Yoo Seung Ho, and Dream High, starring Kim Soo Hyun and Suzy. He also produced many trendy dramas with CJ E&M such as Cool Guys, Hot Ramen.

Producer Lee Min Hong, who is in charge of directing, was previously the director for the School series in 1999 and was the man who brought Jang Hyuk fame.

PD Lee Min Hong said, "School of 1999 was about the students. School 2013 will be more about the students, the teachers and the parents and make the series more realistic. It could make viewers feel uncomfortable and it could make them doubt whether such things really do happen in real life."

He then added, "We filmed the drama in an actual high school classroom. We toured numerous classrooms while we were looking for a place to shoot, and we found that one of three students were asleep. This is a shocking fact. We learned more through interviews with actual students. Viewership ratings are important, but I want to produce a good drama outside of all that that has a straightforward punch."

The all-star casting also draws attention to the drama. Choi Daniel and Jang Nara, who previously teamed up forBabyfaced Beauty, appear as teachers, and Choi Daniel is joined by his High Kick series colleagues, Park Hae Mi and Lee Jong Seok. The hottest stars of the moment, including the ′next Kim Hee Sun′ Park Se Young and 5Dolls member Hyo Young, will also be lining up to try to become the next Jang Hyuk and Ha Ji Won.

The dream team will be depicting the stark reality surrounding the schools of today, such as bullying issues, the fall of teacher authority, suicide and the problems of high school education, in one small classroom at Seung Ri High School.

One fun fact: Choi Daniel will be appearing as a teacher when other actors his age will appear as students.

"In High Kick I appeared as Yoon Shi Yoon′s uncle when we are the same age," he said with a laugh. "I think I′m cast for such roles because of prejudices aimed at me."

22553004.jpg

The sensual videos, editing and stylish music also grabbed attention in the preview. It heightened expectations on how the video styles, of a type rarely found in school dramas, will help the story of School 2013.

One official said, "Actually, School 2013 got better reviews compared to KBS′ blockbuster WoochiWoochi is doing well ratings-wise, but we believe School 2013 will bring back the ratings that went to Horse Doctor. Since we′ll be arming ourselves with different charms from period pieces, we believe we still have a chance although we′ll be debuting the latest."

School 2013 airs its first episode on December 3 after the conclusion of Ulala Couple.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

Bigger version of the pic I posted above ^^

C201212020943336740.jpg
N2012120209543549001.jpg201212021404401112_1.jpg
13541773521177_0.jpg13541475989479_0.jpg

Archived