[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

Guest xianzhongfan

My favorite scenes in ep 6 - (1) when OJ disses the annoying lady off, and (2) when LS asked to put on the clothes OJ made for him. That smile was beatific.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xianzhongfan

xianzhongfan said: My favorite scenes in ep 6 - (1) when OJ disses the annoying lady off, and (2) when LS asked to put on the clothes OJ made for him. That smile was beatific.

Guest kaeruchan

Gaaaah my post disappeared :( Reposting it~

Found this interesting piece of story about Choi Sukbin while looking for information about court ladies. Considering the article is featured on Kyungbok National University's online magazine, it's probably close to the history^^

SPOILER! (coz the spoiler tag won't work)

The main character is Suk-bin Choe (Lady Choe). In the beginning, she was a musuri, belonging to the lowest social position, cheonmin. But she finally becomes Queen the concubine and the mother of Yeongjo, who was the 21st king in the Joseon dynasty. How can this be possible? At that time, the king was Sukjong, the 19th king, and he was attracted to Hui-bin Jang Ok-jeong (Jang Hui-bin), who was one of the concubines. She gave birth to a baby boy, which made her more powerful than ever because Sukjong"s second Queen Consort Inhyeon could not bear a baby boy. The king was so pleased that he did everything that Jang Hui-bin wanted. Consequently, she became the 3rd Queen Consort while Inhyeon and her family were forced into exile. At that time, Lady Choe attended on Queen Inhyeon. She admired Queen Inhyeon and one evening she prepared the breakfast for her birthday. While Suk-bin Choe was preparing the meal, the king saw her by chance and asked her whether it was right or not to depose Inhyeon. She, without saying anything, showed a portrait of Queen Inhyeon that Jang Hui-bin had shot arrows into to spell her death. Shocked by the picture, he kept a certain distance from Jang Hui-bin and became closer to Lady Choe. In the end, Lady Choe bore his baby and Queen Inhyeon was brought back to the palace and was reinstated as Queen Consort. Lady Choe and Queen Inhyeon united against Jang Hui-bin, but soon queen Inhyeon died. Lady Choe was worried about her position because Jang Hui-bin was still the mother of the next king. Thus, she, in advance, told the king that the cause of queen Inhyeon’s passing away was the curse by Jang Hui-bin. She was finally sentenced to death by poisoning.

Source: http://www.knutimes.com/news/article.html?no=1245

I'm anticipating how they will paint Sukbin's character here. Can't wait for her to appear!

...and I'm also counting days until I can see CS. Hehehehe

^why did all the posts disappear?and thx guys for all the gifts and pics,makes the wait more bearable !
For those who can read chinese subs, watch all JOJ episodes here,they sub really fast.You can probably watch with subs the day after the episode airs.@Junkietiger14 recommended me this site so thank you!!
Maple Stage Jang Ok Jung Episodes ( chinese subbed)

Guest kaeruchan

@Jillia

oh, just realized the mistake :o maybe the writer meant to say concubine, instead of "queen"...

@vaiduakhu

I read that before too. conflicting stories! wonder which one is the real history then :-/

Guest superweirdme

Even if the ratings is not good, they might win lots of awards since the storyline is damn good. Haha. Just look at SKK Scandal, the ratings is not that great but they won pretty much awards. Think POSITIVE. There always a HOPE. I believe that this drama will receive more than what they get now : D

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, but i just wanna say i love this drama already, i did a marathon with 5 first episodes last night and save ep. 6 for tonight, totally fall for it. Im being hooked with a k-drama again for the first time after 6 months when NG ended :x

Im not judging much on KTH's acting since i was mesmerized by her beauty so i just ignore what people talk about her. But frankly speaking, KTH is doing a decent job here, she fits the role and guys, she can cry. Thats enough for me \m/

The whole plot is going smoothly and attracting so far; esp, i had never expected the chemistry between KTH and YAI could be that good.

Aww, i just love it; hope that i can join you guys more often :). Sadly i cant do the live stream due to different time zone *sigh* but anw, just want to drop by to say how i love this drama and all.
Peace!

awwww @Jillia i'm so glad to see you'r here :x let's party band-smiley-face.gif

i was looking for this thread, and guest what i saw, OMG faith's thread is over 4000 pages or something. that's so insane 

@-). totally agree with what' @Obscure said yesterday. those people are not human beings

I posted this before when the thread wasn't functioning and I've given up hope for it to appear so I re-wrote it again #:-S Enjoy :D
THE JOSEON FASHION SHOW-JANG OK JUNG EDITION PART 3 
5) THE HOTHOUSE GOWNJOJ's hair is yet again arranged into a daenggi meori hairstyle designated specifically for young and unmarried girls. It is adjusted into a braid adorned by a red daenggi (a ribbon) with a deep purple baetssi daenggi placed on top of her head (a variation of cheopji for unmarried women). The chima made of a radiant red colour is complemented with a deep magenta jeogori. The upper garment consists of many details - an outline flower embroidery which is in stark contrast to the fussy cloth DP's fiance prefers, a distictly green otgoreum that ties the flaps together, an opulent norigae (hanbok pendant), the dongjeong (white removable collar) and kutdongs (end sleeves) . We can see her to hold a brown jangot ( a long coat for women to cover their faces in front of the foreign men) but she has actually never put it on. It's no wonder JOJ wore this gown to placate her customers after the disasterous fashion show. It showcases all her considerable skills as the best fashion designer in the capital and serves to advertise her work to many potential buyers.28985_600.jpg

31463_600.jpg32165_600.jpg6806_600.jpg36977_600.png

35933_600.png6) THE VIOLET FASHION SHOW GOWNThe dress that JOJ wore during the infamous fashion show, however, before Lady Jo went postal she was enjoying a huge success, so let's take a look at the hanbok the Joseon Stella McCartney wore on the catwalk, shall we - A simplified daenggi meori hairstyle without a baetssi daenggi this time is adorned by a golden-black daenggi (ribbon)  and a single but prominent flowers-and-leaf dwikkoji (smaller hairpin) . The black chima with a single golden strip perfectly suits the deep violet jeogori bound together with an unusual two-coloured otgoreum. The beautiful norigae (hanbok pendant), the dongjeong (white removable collar) and white kutdongs (end sleeves) top the already splendid garment. At the end of the fashion show JOJ opts for a lillac durumagi (an overcoat) to complete the look . So the both parts would hold together the coat is tied together with a black jaejodae ( a cord ried around the waist). This original creation is, however, some kind of a fusion because the durumagi usually doesn't have the jaejodae which was used to tied the men clothes. This willingness to experiment is surely one of the reasons why JOJ's designs became so popular with the upper class of the Joseon society despite her humble beginnings.33101_600.jpg

34052_600.jpg35550_600.png30767_600.png31039_600.png

33915_600.jpg
Few examples of the traditional Korean overcoats:

Korean_clothing-Jangot-01.jpgwoman_jangot.jpg2008_08mywedding01_azzu_v.jpg2009-01-05-18-35.jpg?w=640

Coming up next: THE ROYAL WEDDING SPECIAL EDITIONPrevious editions: JOJ EDITION PART 1http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25850060/#Comment_25850060JOJ EDITION PART 2 http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25852587LEE SOON EDITION PART 1http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25854875/#Comment_25854875
Sources: Blog Naver, SBS official website, google images, www.han-style.com, thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com, http://eng.expo2012.kr, Baidu forums, wikipedia

Archived