[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

briseis said: So someone's already catched on the fact that now the complete SKKS F3's been cast as kings of Joseon, trust me or not by the same TV station SBS @-) ,and decided to make a funny mash-up MV  :DLet me introduce Lee Gak, Sejong and Sukjong and their collaboration:

Guest boraah

I don't know if this was discussed, but remember when they introduced Seung Yeon from KARA as Choi Dong Yi? Is Jang Ok Jung going die at the end of the drama? 

okay, drama, you can't tease me with those stills now and give me nothing afterward, u hear me?!! i mean, when he knows she's his woman, and he loves her! giveeeee me!

boraah said: I don't know if this was discussed, but remember when they introduced Seung Yeon from KARA as Choi Dong Yi? Is Jang Ok Jung going die at the end of the drama? 

Guest IguanaSoap

RanP said: okay, drama, you can't tease me with those stills now and give me nothing afterward, u hear me?!! i mean, when he knows she's his woman, and he loves her! giveeeee me!

Guest kaeruchan

JJ.exot5ia said: could someone please explain to me the relations between queen (dowager) jo and queen myungsung? Is queen jo not the mother of king sookjong?I got confused because in episode 5, queen ms said queen jo had no offspring...

Considering he got hitched four times Sukjong seems almost a marriage expert so I've put together a short overview of the royal wedding procedures. According to the "Uigwe" or royal protocols that were recently returned to Korea from France, after an absence of 145 years, testify that royal weddings were magnificent:photo226442.jpgThe official procedures:Napchae(納采) – The proposal ceremony of the king. The king sends his messenger to a special palace where the selected future queen stays and delivers his formal proposal to her. Napjing(納徵) –A ceremony that sends jewelry to the future queen by messenger as a sign that indicates that marriage is promised. Gog (告期) – A ceremony to celebrate the wedding date is decided by the court and to notify the queen who is staying in a special palace. Chaekbi(冊妃) – The queen’s installation ceremony in the court and the ceremony through which the queen receives that installation that is sent by the messenger to her special palaceChinyeong(親迎) – A ceremony in which the king goes to the special palace where the future queen is staying and brings her to the court photo226439.jpgDongroe(同牢) – A ceremony in which the king and queen bow to each other, share wine and food, and have their first night together.photo226440.jpg

Sources:http://www.unhyeongung.or.kr/board.php?board=eun6&command=body&no=1http://www.hancinema.net/joseon-reawakens-a-royal-wedding-revived-39828.html?cachemessagespoiler=1 , http://www.hancinema.net/reenactment-of-joseon-royal-marriage-39813.htmlhttp://218.145.29.41/en/article/article.do?_method=view&p=06&m=0003001006003&art_id=43685&lang=en

Guest blackvelvetfever

I finally caught up and am up-to-date. Gah, this drama is just amazing. The plot isn't draggy and is going at a speed that is perfect for character development and the story to unfold.
In Hyeon in this drama is shown as ambitious, but in the bad way - seemingly soft and pure on the outside but full of evil thoughts on the inside. I guess I'm so used to In Hyeon being portrayed as a kind-hearted, selfless woman in other dramas haha. Oh well. The actress is doing a good job though! :)

Woah, those stills! LOL. Can't wait for the next eps, yay :D
And Yoo Ah In and Kim Tae Hee are so beautiful :') They couldn't have picked a better cast!

It's interesting to know about all the 'procedures', it sounds typical. King proposal and such, but when we go in details. It's the king's messenger, and a selected queen, wedding date decided by the court, special palace. so the king and queen never met before he comes to her palace to bring her to the court(?) yep. nothing out of ordinary here. now i get why in dramas they often try to portray the relationship between the king and queen that way. i don't doubt there's exception where they have feeling but 1st of all it was a conventional, political marriage. 

Archived