[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest kyoforever

To @jjsweeter0211, @freshspring, @utkim, @putrin, @tessieroo, & @sunshine4ever you guys are amazing!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks to all the photo's, videos and new updates from our SHK and InSung.

Hope this one's not posted yet...

TV: [spoilers!!!] That Winter, Yawang

Tuesday, April 02, 2013  korean dramasthat wintertvyawang  8 comments

201304010949411310_2.jpg
Article: 'That Winter' filming concludes amidst cherry blossoms, Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung shed tears

Source:
 Newsen via Nate

1. [+523, -131] Now all we need is for Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung to date

2. [+259, -18] Going to watch it on April 3rd no. matter. what.

3. [+159, -17] This is seriously the perfect drama to export ㅋ Looking forward to the last episode. Great job to all of the producers.

4. [+42, -4] This drama really would hit daebak if exported overseas... It's difficult to watch a drama of such high quality..

5. [+31, -7] They came to film in Jang Yoo... so I got to see the ending scene. I won't spoil it other than to say that Jo In Sung was truly amazing...

6. [+29, -6] Such beautiful cinematography... 

cr.: netizenbuzz

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/24076/20130402/jo-in-sung-photo-online-issue-winter.htm

Actor Jo In Sung's Superior Body Proportions Becomes An Issue Online

April 2, 2013 2:30 AM EDT

60655jo.jpg

Actor Jo In Sung's body proportions is becoming an issue online.

Recently on an online community, a photo titled "Jo In Sung's unbelievable body proportions" was posted.

In the revealed post in a screenshot of the 15th episode of SBS "That Winter, The Wind Blows," Jo In Sung can be seen with his small face and extremely long body.

Those who saw the screen capture commented "Jo In Sung's body proportions are the best," "I was so amazed by the broadcast," "That is Jo In Sung for you," and "I love him."

-----

Source:
http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=2430

Song Hye-gyo, have you seen these beautiful ears?

y5ovbq1greee6vv7hcauxy5.jpg

[by Park Yoon-jin / translated by Cho Suyoun] Anything that Song Hye-gyo wears and put on are in syndrome.

Song, who plays a character of a lonely rich woman Oh Young in SBS drama ‘That winter, the wind blows’ is having a time of her life from a success of the drama. She is drawing sympathy from young women audiences. Every time the drama is over, all the jewelry and clothing she wore become a hot issue.

Song who has a white and clear face emphasizes her beauty with pink color lips. Her hair style is the most basic style with natural glam perm, and see-through bang and pony tail make her stand out in natural beauty. 

Among all her fashion, what get the most attention are her earrings. She normally puts on delicate peal earrings and it appeals her ‘not too much’ style of Oh Young. Small-sized stone earrings make her look lovelier sister in drama.

Song shows many different forms of pearl earrings and focus on two patterns: sticking pearls or drop pearls. For young generation, pearl earrings were out of trend, but since Song started to wear them, they became a hot trend.

● One Point, Stick type earring

hjyjzppgtulof8lnal8x03t.jpg

Natural glam perm and see-through bang are a new hair trend for women in spring. Also, her flawless beautiful face with pinkish lips and cheek make women crazier about her style.

Pearls once were representative of old people’s fashion. They looked good on madam’s fashion but as can be seen in drama, they became more stylish and made with more details that they appeal to young women these days.

Pearls that are put together in different size and the ones with simple size all became a trend. They are good for ‘one point effect’ and shine more than any other stones.

More upgraded pearl earrings are here too. Pearls that are put together with melee diamonds look very stylish and elegant.

● Like beautiful eyes, drop type earring

3tryzidqooffldtgev7zuab.jpg

Recently, stick type earrings are more in trend than drop type but since Song has styled herself with drop ones, it is also in trend. Drop type pearls have thin chain with simple pendants so it provides deeper and mature look.

These shining pearl stones make one look more elegant and stylish. Matching with necklace or rings is also an idea for pearl styling. It does not look too fancy but adds more elegance.

Another type of drop earrings in other scenes is smaller stones with shorter chain. However, the beauty of pearl itself shines the ears and melee diamonds also make one look shining in less fancy style.

Like her heiress character, the pearl earrings emphasize her luxurious image but it also goes along very well with casual style. There is more fashion of Song Hye-gyo to see as the episodes remain.

(photo captured from SBS ‘That winter, the wind blows’ photo by Mucha)

Write: 2013-04-02 11:57:10 / Update: 2013-04-02 13:46:43

The bnt news provides the latest news coming with 6 languages including Korean, English and French leading not only cultural but also industrial Korean waves. All rights, including copyright ⓒbntnews.co.kr, in the content of these bnt news site are owned or controlled for these purposes by the bnt news.

Guest sunshine4ever

Long post ahead, please be aware. I tried to fix some of my errors, but it's impossible. I am so sorry and thanks so much for reading this long post and thank you for pardoning my errors.

Hi everyone, so it's late here, but I'm going to try to write something and I hope it makes sense. I had a long day so I'm not too sure if I can compose something as you all know from freshspring's question quite a while back that writing isn't my thing. However, I felt like sharing some of my thoughts for why Young would consider dying. My post does not support Young killing herself (I am 101% against the idea of killing yourself), but it is really to offer some opinions as to why Writer Noh would consider carrying that same thought of Young committing suicide. Also although I didn't write much about why Soo became a good man before because it's hard, but I want to touch on it briefly.

Softy wrote something very insightful at her blog and I invite you to go to her blog HERE. If you could please scroll down towards the end of her recap and below this picture, you will find her thoughts about Oh Young's attempt to die. She shared similar views as a lot of you did.

I am not mad at Young's attempt to die. I am trying to understand why Young killed herself.

vwq4cj.jpg

I also wanted to say thanks to all of you who offer your insightful thoughts because without your thoughts I would lack the effort to try to understand why Oh Young would want to die at that moment because I thought she was really forgiving Soo and just wanted to move on with her life after she found out that he was not her brother.

So I got a chance to watch episodes 5-15 again. For me I just felt like Soo had become a good man because of Oh Young and Oh Young had always wanted to live only because Soo needed/wanted her to live. It is rather hard to express myself, so I am sorry if this message fails because I am not too good with organizing my thoughts.

This is what I found in episode 10: something totally opposite between Oh Soo & Oh Young. He had always wanted to live and she had always wanted to die.

avkmlh.jpg

OS: Pretty, kind, cool, smart, rich...And you don't even fear death. Seriously...you're unbearable. There is one thing about me that's better than you. I always want to live.

OY: I thought you would understand me. I guess I was wrong. You told me you once wanted to die, too. That's why you said you prepared that pill.

That was to push myself harder. Looking at that pill, I would want to live more. Let's make it clear that I always want to live.

OY: You can live if you want to. But even if I want to live, I can't. I've been preparing since I was 6. When the time comes, I want to go smiling like I am now. I don't want to linger on in life. Even this moment that I'm spending with you. No matter how good or comforting...I don't want to linger on it. I don't want to long for it. If I don't give up, I just become pathetic. So I don't want to beg. I've been preparing since I was 6. So don't try to faze me.

So basically in here I have to say that Oh Young made it very clear to Soo her desire to die. I think maybe because it was always hard on her in the first place. We all know that she came from a very sad background. She had a family of her own like a lot of us started out with, but because her parents divorced when she was 6, so she lost her beloved oppa and her mom. She also did not like the fact that her dad and SW seemed to be together. She suffered many mistreatment such as the way Mi Ra betrayed her about her eyes and denied that caused her to go blind. The doctor that mistreated her and also SW had always been controlling her from becoming who she always wanted to become. She was put into a prison-like house because she was blind. On the day that she went to look for her brother, her dad died. So pretty much she lost every single person in her life that she could live for until Oh Soo came. From her speech to Soo above, I think she really wanted to live; however, she's scared of the consequences (subconsciously) of her being able to live. Perhaps because she really dislike being in the hospital. She mentioned to Mi Ra how she hated being in the hospital for 1 month after her dad died. I think that was one main reason why she would rather take Oh Soo's pill (to take away her pain) rather than letting SW and the hospital know because once SW knows SW will make her stay in the hospital. I think maybe she had a terrible experience as baby Young getting out of cancer. Or I would say she was empty and had to survive that cancer without her mom or her oppa's love so it was a horrible experience because she had to go through chemotherapy. I believed that she survived it, right, when she was little? So she knew the experience of it already thus she probably weighed out all the goods and bads of it before she made the choice of just dying for the rest of her days and enjoy those days exclusively with Soo. I mean even if Soo never came into her life, she'd probably ended up that way----dying like she wanted to do because she thought there wasn't much to live for in the first place.

I mean to fight for live you gotta have a lot in hands and plus you gotta love life a lot to fight for it, right? For Young that wasn't much option because she had no one to fight for---well, before Soo made that speech to her about how much he would miss, long, and love her if she dies in the beginning of episode 11 that made her change her point of view and wanted to live---yes, exclusively just wanted to live because her oppa needed her to live. Please note that I meant she wanted to live because Soo NEEDED her to live. I think for her, she could and would rather die, but because he made that speech so for her she just found the will to live because she figured someone who truly loved her wanted her to live so she just live. That was why she told MC's sister that she wanted to do the operation for her oppa even if it was really just 10% even though she was dreading that experience since she asked the other doctor (glasses/man, so sorry don't know his name) if he would recommend it to his family member. However, whatever it was that he told her, she was determined to live the rest of her life happy and die like that. It was very consistent to me because I observed that that was it.

I rewatched episode 5 again and towards the end of episode 5, Oh Young was tapping herself and told Oh Soo that she knew that her cancer relapsed and that she really just wanted to spend the rest of her life enjoying it with him.

353blhl.jpg

So in this scene I observed that she came into his room and demanded that he apologize to her because he was yelling at her when he found out about Hee Joo's anniversary and he acted cold towards her. He didn't apologize so she left his room, but she waited outside for him. I found out that later in the lodge scene in episode 14, he never said sorry to her for conning on her. In fact, he even told her that he didn't want her to understand him nor did he try to understand her suffering of losing her eyesight, oppa, omma, and dad. I'm rather confused as to why he would say that to her, but I think his world view was different from hers. His view is that no matter what I would just live. He had a very different background and although he was fragile in a different way, but it was not always the same as hers since for her she demanded a "sorry" for your wrongs. I personally think that she wouldn't be so closed-up to him and would have reacted more to him on the day that he forced her to stay with him before he said his good-bye to her. I think it would have turned out a lot different if he would just say "Youngie, I am so sorry for conning on you." But the thing is that I think he was saying those things already in his video. I'm 100% certain and I believe that he explained everything to her in the video that he put in that same room that she totally "almost" destroyed.

So in this scene where he was drinking with HS,
I wept a whole lot because I just felt like he was right when he said he had to leave her house "clean" and head up high because he loved her. I personally think that Soo never thought of his pride until he finally loved Young. He wouldn't care much before what other people thought of him until he met Young. When he was leaving her, I thought he might have wished that he was a better man for her. He would be a good person so that he could be "worthy" of being loved by her. By thinking of the word "worthy" it is already the opposite of "shame." Throughout the time that he spent with her, I was thinking that the reasons why he tried to kiss her 2 times in episode 8 and 9 (not sure if that's the correct episode, sorry if I cite the wrong episode), but failed miserablely kissing her. And I think the reason was because he felt unworthy/shameful doing this to her because she was so innocent and she was also blind. So to get to know her, he discovered in himself a sense of awareness that at least he was still having a heart to love someone who is innocent. The fact that he knew she was blind and vulnerable yet he did not take advantage of her vulnerability. He could have killed her as requested by her or he could have done worse things to her, but still, he did not do so like any con man would have done. But in contrary, he actually loved her as though he had loved another human being who shared almost similar past as he was because she was abandoned when she was 6. He lived that life of being an orphan before so he must have realized how tough it was without mom. The more he encountered her, the more different he had become from the way he used to be. He liked his new self (the self when he was with her) than his old self because his old self desired nothing more than living even if there was no reason to live.

Oh Soo's life was changed a whole lot after he met Young because she made him feel very special. A lot of things that happened in this drama that showed that she made him feel special. I think Hee Joo (his first love) treated him special before and he mentioned it to Young. However, with Young it seemed like he had a lot more of those special moments because she did a lot of 1st for him.

30ro104.jpg
^This was the first time she ever did something in the kitchen probably or one of those few moments because she told him the only time she ever used a knife was when she learned how to cut from the community center. She had never cooked. She just wanted to be the pastry chef because she wanted to bake a cake for him. (Again it's her first time baking a cake for someone). He asked her in this same scene why she would venture herself out into the mall (a dangerous place for a blind person) and buy the gift. At first he asked if he was MH, but she said it was for Lawyer Jang.

That's why he was so touched here....
qsuzxj.jpgogyslx.jpg
because the coffee was made for him....cake was baked for him....and she bought that bracelet (at the mall) for him also....everything seemed magically, crazily awesome for him because it seemed like she would go the extra miles just for him. (I cried at one point when I was watching Young bumped herself into the refrigerator and made the coffee spilled...I'm sure Soo was smart enough to see all of those because he saw how hard she looked for her bell in her suitcase, so imagine how he must have thought of her trying to venture herself in the mall where there are a lot of objects where she could bump into.) Which, for me, in the same scene showed me that Young loved her brother very much. For me, I felt like Young loved Soo as though he was her world. He freed her from SW's prison...she hated people who lied to her and I think she hated most, too, people who tried to run things for her. That was why in episode 5, I think he consistently told her how stubborn she was. I forgot what it was, but I just felt like she was a stubborn person herself; however, she could bend anything just for the sake of love. She did that in the ending of episode 5 when she stormed out of his room because she demanded an apology, but he wouldn't give it to her so she left, but she waited with a smile and asked him later if he wanted to come and say sorry when he chased after her, but she was already waiting outside. So in a way, she looked like she's stubborn (in the outside), but bendable and has a soft-heart when it comes to someone she loved like Soo.

Young treated Soo very special...and it's understandable since she always thought of him as her brother and her last memories of him was when she was 6, so I think she loved him innocently like that as a 6-year-old even though she is now a woman. Somehow I just felt like he had become her world because she would dress the way he wanted her to dress. There was a scene that SW asked her to dress a certain dress to go to the party for the company's party, but Young refused. She said Soo like her to dress up in that dress so she didn't want to dress her dad's, but wanted to dress the dress oppa preferred.

And in this scene that he put on sock for her, I felt like he was playing her mom's role of dressing her up in sock and in scarf. (Which by the way, Soo owned this because I'm not sure if her oppa would be willing to put sock on and scarf on for her, hehe, ^^ Soo is special, too because he took care of her so diligently.) And she did it again...she put on the tie for him (something she couldn't do for her dad) as though she did so for her dad. So in a way, I just felt like Young cared a lot about him because he made her feel special. His existence brought her not only joy, but hope for her life. She did a lot of things for him and because she did a lot of things for him, she became the reason for him to be a better person again given the fact that she made him feel "wanted" while most of the times he always felt shameful of his background because he always thought of himself as "trash."
ejt0mc.jpgf26ikk.jpg

Also there were various scenes in this drama where Soo actually praised Young and told her how beautiful she is. On top of the mountain in episode 8 as well as in episode 11 when they were playing in the snow together. Young also asked Soo if his ex-girlfriend was prettier than her. I personally think that this could be one reason why Young didn't bother with that chemo stuffs because she knows that once she goes through chemotherapy her body will change and she might not as pretty as she used to be. She told SW that she wanted to have her wedding for her oppa because she wanted him to see her beautiful before he leaves. So I think towards the end of episode 15, she didn't want to go through all of this because she felt like it was not the worth. Plus Soo didn't seem to sincere about his love for her. He wasn't even saying he was sorry for hurting her. Now I am not Young a lot of things I wrote here are subjective and it could just be as good as speculations. But I think it's valid because a lot of times patients don't want to look not pretty to the people who thought of them as pretty.

Anyway for me I just felt like because Soo wasn't sincere about saying sorry, Oh Young just didn't care much about how he would treat her. I don't know how to describe my feelings, but I just sensed a disconnection between Soo and Young after the scene that he was telling her that he wouldn't try to understand her and he wouldn't mind her understanding him. I said so maybe because he was living a simple life, while she lived her life differently. She wanted to understand people and she wanted to understand their pain. So that was why she seemed to didn't care much about what he was showing her the whole day when he asked her if she wanted to eat, she refused. He took her around and she didn't seem to please with it. I think she was not over with her madness towards him because prior going to going there she was enraged with him that was why she threw away the bell, smashed Lamb's Ears, and messed up her secret room. (Oh and I have to say, he didn't even say sorry to her either for spying on her video diary. I think she's an introverted person so she would hate that...that people came into invade her privacy without her consent as much as she hated how people like SW to run her life for her.)

That's why I think at the scene where she said good-bye to him, she treated him like a stranger---the Oh Soo that she barely knew. So she was able to comfort him with her words and gave him what he needed most which was 7.8 billion won. And she didn't mind letting SW go either because she didn't envision living on anymore since she thought that her oppa was alive, but now it turned out he was dead and the person that stole her memories was Soo, but Soo never apologized for doing it. Just envision how much she loved him and how much she thought he loved her, but finding out that he was faking it just to get her money. I know he did say that he loved her, but still it could not stray from the facts that his initial motivation/starter was that 7.8 billion won. So it is very natural for her to not go on the surgery room. I mean I think it would still be hard even if he apologized to her for her to go in the surgery room because imagine the stress of knowing her brother died already. If I were her I would be tearing up and not knowing what to do. That's way too much burdens you are giving to a patient who is about to die and needed to survive through surgery. In whatever case, I'm not blaming Young for killing herself. I just felt like her situation is understandable even if she wasn't having initial thoughts of dying, it would be very difficult to cope. Her situation is a lot different because she did have initial thoughts and she made up her mind from a long time ago that she always wanted to die. Her plans got altered because of her oppa's will for her to live. Without him, she didn't need to live (well, I think that was her perspectives.)

This morning as I was driving through my neighborhood, I saw some very beautiful trees that look like this tree in TWTWB episode 1.
29578ns.jpg

^sorry I wish I could capture the tree because I live in a state that doesn't have snow, so  the tree looks really greenish, hehe, compared with this tree. I was thinking to myself that Soo's characteristics had always been very consistent just like Young's characteristics had always been very consistent throughout this drama. For Soo, he would live no matter how much hell he went/go through. I think he would have lived (like he said he would) through anything. When I think of a tree, I think of how rooted the tree is to the earth. No matter how much storm/snow/wind blows and other catastrophe the tree had to handle, it will still live. It might lose a branch, got burned in some of its portion, or it might wither because there is no rain, but it is darn good and it lasts long. Some of the trees around could last for years! Maybe some of the trees that I passed by is older than 50 or 80 years old...don't know how long they last, but they last long no matter what. Soo went through a lot of dramatic things in his life before. He lost his first love & baby and he lived in full guilt...so even though he looked so unhappy like this...or how pitiful it is like this...he would still last...
2r23pqf.jpg29krzub.jpg

But for me, personally, before he met Young he lived a life that is like a tree covered in snow in the winter...and a tree that was withered yet still lived...he was not too happy when he met Young simply because he lived even though there was not a good reason to live. But when he met her, he was a lot more happier...more relaxed...he laughed more..and he did a lot more good things than he used to be because of her. So I think without her, he'll just be a tree that is not too pretty too look at. I watched his expressions without her before they met each other and they weren't too pleasant sometimes. He didn't look like a guy to be looking at. Like the way he expressed his anger sometimes. (mad and stuffs)...I think maybe that was associated with how he felt about himself as a "trashy" life...sometimes there are anger in his expressions...I'm not sure if that's what Insung oppa was meant to portray Soo like that, but I sensed it in him when I look at his expressions. Because Jo In Sung doesn't have those expressions, keke....Insung loves life and he always smiles. ^^

But getting back on topic, Young made his world view changed and that was because she first loved him like a human..a decent human being..and that's what Soo really wanted to be right now...a decent human being just because Young loved him.
ei5kzl.jpg65da8x.jpg
35jcqah.jpgiz17at.jpg

Now I'm just hoping that tree gets to be blossomed because it has found someone who cherish it and wanting to keeping it pretty and alive. And then hoping that Soo will be one of the reasons for Young to live and strive...well...giving that Soo tries to tell her that he was thankful to have met her and that she was his reason to be a decent human being again. That he wasn't trash, but a human.

hi windblowers!

yihee! i am excited!!! it's tuesday! tomorrow will be the time for twtwb!

I don't have time now to read your posts. i'm gonna do that later.

have a nice day to everyone!

Guest in2deep

sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the updates. Wow, we had so many fan arts/videos/clips and even old clips of In Sung & Hye Kyo when they won the KBS awards. Who would have thought, but it took them 13 years to finally got together for a project! I never would have thought that they look so awesome together. Like seriously I was supposed to focus on the story, but about 1/2 of the time I spent time wondering why they look so good together. They are a great distractions for me to analyze Oh Soo & Oh Young. Kekeke. Although I have to say without JIS & SHK Oh Soo and Oh Young won't exist. Keke.

Gonna miss the cast when this drama ends.

-EDIT- I really wanted to share my thoughts about why Oh Young wanted to die, but I was at JIS's thread and got highly distracted. *sobs* It's late here. *cries* I guess maybe it's meant that I never get to share anything about her wanting to die. *cries harder*

Oh a side note: I just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you who responded to my invitation and actually dropped by J's thread. :D Jo In Sung's thread now is quiet, but there are a lot more people lurking, keke, so that's great. *overjoyed*

in2deep said: after rewatching TWTWB for the to get my Soo and Young fix, i noticed that Young was written to have 2 sides to her...the Young in the secret room, and the Young outside.Young in the secret room is the one who gets angry, cry, tells what's really in her heart, smash things. Young outside is the one who is always composed, understanding, in control, almost never gets angry. Outside of the room, she has only lost her cool when she was with Soo.The room holds a lot of significance - it is warm, with a comforting clutter. Her other room is meticulous and looks almost ...un-lived.
And after Young found out that her secret room was violated, she was so angry that she smashed up the things in that room and she left the angry message there for Soo, she never went back. Though she may have planned to do that (the day she threw the lamb's ear) but bumped into Soo, and turned around. so in a way, fate had it that Soo prevented Young from seeing his last video.
It also goes to explain why she felt so lonely, yet didn't reach out to anyone, attempted suicide. Because the part of her which is open, trusting and honest, has been violated and betrayed..

i can't wait for tomorrow!

Guest atimemachine

I love how in the BTS and interviews, Jo In Sung is always cracking a joke and making Eunji and Kim Bum laugh! I really want to know what he's saying or teasing them about (does anyone want to translate the entire Y-star video??? :D), he seems like such a fun guy to be on set with!

Guest coffeelady

I was walkin' around downtown tonight, and I came across this:
1_zpsab86630e.jpg

And first thing that popped into my head was "Oh Soo tree!!!", & this...:
e94410166d224f4a9de2881d08f790529922d181

Will probably always be reminded of TWTWB when I see a naked tree, or snow, or cherry blossoms, or a capsule, or hear wind chimes, or feel the wind...............Show is like a black hole, I can't get out............. @-)