[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest sunshine4ever

*sad* so we will not have our special and it will end on Wednesday. I don't mind 16 episodes and I trust that the scriptwriter wanted it at 16 for a reasons. :D

More random thoughts about episode 14.

Turned out that SW let Young's dad's die because her dad willed it? I guess we have been misunderstanding SW all along? Still I felt like it is pitiful for SW to be told to leave. Gosh, Young is such a witty woman. She really disbanded all the people around her who lied to her. I think if SW did not let her go blind, she would definitely take over her dad's company and is a chairwoman. She  will probably have a different lifestyle and won't be as humble as she is now,  no?  Then she won't end up getting to know Soo and then we wouldn't have our romance. lol. Everything happens for a reason. I learned from this drama to stay positive even when life hits you hard. I finally got a chance to at least watched the first 40 minutes of episode 14. Everything seemed to have worked out great the way Young wanted it to happen. ^^ Poor Soo. I just realized that the entire half of episode 14, Young was rejecting and was so cold to Soo. He took her out for a whole day and she literally did not seem like she was enjoying it. Maybe there was another side of her that thought that maybe people who hurt her should suffer the consequences? Maybe for her she can forgive them; however, she could not stand to have them in her life since they were liars to her to begin with?

Anyway, whatever it is, I just felt like Young was kind, yet firm with her choices in punishing people who hurt her. But I think the second half of this episode will make her feel like she's missing them after all? I can understand Young and Soo's relationship, but between Young and SW, I am clueless. lol.

Also Young was telling Soo about how she wanted to understand him but he told her she didn't have to understand him which made her mad. Could someone please explain it to me? Or maybe I should just rewatch it in DramaFever version to see if I get something out of it since I couldn't understand their conversation so much. I wonder if she got mad because he was just rubbing into her pain when he told her that she misunderstood him as her brother and that could insult her in somewhat way? I kind of think Soo was kind of right when he said that sometimes we do not need to understand everything in the world, but at the same time I'm just like Young who is dying to understand/comprehend things around me. Maybe for Soo living life as simple as possible is a good thing whereas for Young she needs to understand everything that happened in her life and she wanted to live life in a more complex way?

When they were talking to each other as they were roaming the streets she was telling him about how she used to be scared of people harming her and then she indirectly referenced that she was uncomfortable like she was feeling like today. Was she really poking him for being mean to her and not taking her home as she asked?

Sorry to have such weird and random thoughts.

DramaFever has episode 14 out in Apps and computer version:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4216/That_Winter,_the_Wind_Blows/

I'm gonna go back and watch the rest of episode 14. I really like watching Viki's version because it has translations for the OST. I felt so sad when I watched it because the OST is so great when you could understand the lyrics.

Guest crazyMuka

I really loved today's episode.  It was quiet, contemplative, and full of meaningful dialogues.  Young turned out to be a wonderful heroine with an admirable inner strength in sharp contrast with her fragile body frame.  Despite a life long being held up inside her house, prisoned by blindness, living in constant mistrust and fears, she still wears a compassionate heart.  Perhaps, years of isolation from the outside world helped her to develop a strong sense of self, something that she didn't know she possesses until crisis strikes.  My favorite scene in episode 14 was her confession to So.  How thoughtful of her to bid goodbye to him and let him go with a clear conscience, even when she must definitely still hurt from all the lies and betrayals.  I applaud her for that.  The more I think about it, the more I feel that Young represents the wind, while So represents the wind chime and tree, and this drama is more of a drama about So finding his will to live humanely after discovering true love.  Without the wind, the wind chime is nothing but a useless decorative instrument.  It only makes such beautiful sound in contact with the wind.  Same with the frozen tree in winter, wind is the only thing it needs to create a sonata worthy of praise.  I love the metaphors in this drama.  Writer Noh, hats off to you!

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Writer No Hee Kyung of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” Praises Jo In Sung
lee23j March 28, 2013
Writer No Hee Kyung of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” Praises Jo In Sung

Writer Noh Hee Kyung of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” praised Jo In Sung and his attitude toward the drama. Currently, Jo In Sung is starring in “That Winter, The Wind Blows” as Oh Soo. His detailed acting in different emotions and sentiments have been garnering much attention since the drama started. 

Noh Hee Kyung commented on Jo In Sung, “The most memorable line from him happened when we were all gathered for script reading at 1am and Jo In Sung started sobbing as he was saying this one line, that represents all the guilt and emotions Oh Soo was feeling.”

She explained, “He expresses each and every word and its meaning through his entire body with the entirety of his soul. He understands living, dying, burning passion, driven crazy, and other adverbial phrases and successfully executes them. When I watch him act, I reflect back on myself and think about why a drama should never be fake and should always be able to show the humanly aspects.” 

She continued to praise Jo In Sung, “I’ve been surprised over and over again by Jo In Sung’s interpretation of Oh Soo. I will never be able to forget him, his passion, and how he was totally engulfed by his character and the drama. We are looking at the beginning of a legendary actor. All we have to do as viewers is to be smitten by him. For the industry experts, this is worth a toast.” 

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/28/writer-no-hee-kyung-of-that-winter-the-wind-blows-praises-jo-in-sung/

Guest tiffany.shin

jjsweeter0211 said: class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 12px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 12px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: -1px; "Wind Blows in Winter’ will not be extending its run130327_5152abaab4872.jpg

Despite its popularity, ‘Wind Blows in Winter‘ will not be extended into a longer drama.

Even though it has been enjoying high ratings for its entire run, the producers decided to keep the drama at 16 episodes, and have no plans for extra episodes.

The producers discussed the possibility about extending the drama initially, but, the writer had completed the script to fit 16 episodes, and they ultimately decided that stretching the story over the course of more episodes will harm the pace and story line.

It will air its final episode next week on April 3rd, and will then be followed by ‘Everything About My Relationship‘.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/wind-blows-in-winter-will-not-be-extending-its-run

Guest MGYlove

class="content-title"Writer No Hee Kyung of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” Praises Jo In Sung joinsung-e1364403410234.jpg

Writer Noh Hee Kyung of “That Winter, The Wind Blows” praised Jo In Sung and his attitude toward the drama. Currently, Jo In Sung is starring in “That Winter, The Wind Blows” as Oh Soo. His detailed acting in different emotions and sentiments have been garnering much attention since the drama started. 

Noh Hee Kyung commented on Jo In Sung, “The most memorable line from him happened when we were all gathered for script reading at 1am and Jo In Sung started sobbing as he was saying this one line, that represents all the guilt and emotions Oh Soo was feeling.”

She explained, “He expresses each and every word and its meaning through his entire body with the entirety of his soul. He understands living, dying, burning passion, driven crazy, and other adverbial phrases and successfully executes them. When I watch him act, I reflect back on myself and think about why a drama should never be fake and should always be able to show the humanly aspects.” 

She continued to praise Jo In Sung, “I’ve been surprised over and over again by Jo In Sung’s interpretation of Oh Soo. I will never be able to forget him, his passion, and how he was totally engulfed by his character and the drama. We are looking at the beginning of a legendary actor. All we have to do as viewers is to be smitten by him. For the industry experts, this is worth a toast.”

©Soompi.com

Guest julie721

Just finished watch ep 14 with sub... Oooooh my... This episode's surely breaking my heart.. Daebak to TWTWB team...

I cried a bucket while watching it. Still are sobbing now while writing this. -my colleagues asked what's wrong, did I have a fight with my hubby.. My boss thought I just have a bad PMS.. D'oooh-

From this episode, I take back my hate for Wang Biseo.. I feel she's not completely bad, she just trying to hold things that precious to her because she feels that she has no one else. Yes, preventing Young from getting eye treatment that caused her blind was big mistake. Just like Soo made big mistake neglecting his first love and his unborn child, or Mi Ra for lying about doctor's statement because of money. people makes mistake.. But, just because I'm no longer hate Wang Biseo doesn't mean I like her now.. Come on she slapped my Oh Soo twice.. Yaaaa!!!

And my message to windblowers.....

I BELIEVE IN HAPPY ENDING

I finally managed to watch the episode again with subs and I tell you girls, each time OS and OY appear on screen, I get so emotional. While doing recaps, often I am too caught up with telling the story, getting the dialogue right and getting it out asap that I do not have the time to savour the story-telling., It's always quiet moments like this right now that I take the time to appreciate what Noh, the cast and PD have done to make this drama so awesome. That's why I love TWTWB - the story telling is so compelling and done with such finesse that a viewer like me can't help but be so in awe and so invested in it. I am a mixed bag of emotions right now that I dare to say that, if either one , OY or OS should die, I won't be too sad. To me at least, they found each other at one point in their life and experience that love. But that doesnt mean I am giving up, gals, I still hope for a happy ending.  :D
Ep 14 is an episode for goodbyes and for truths to be told. OY says her goodbye to OS, SW and MH. With both OS and SW, she loves them both but she's setting them free from hurt in case she doesn't make it in the end. In her own way, she's being cruel to them so that they would be able to carry on when she dies (if). With MH, she still retains him in the Company, and forgives him for lying to her just as she does with OS. Both lied to her in order to survive. With OS, she forgives him because he made her happy and with MH, he is still useful to the company and her father trusted him. She makes SW leave her side in order for SW to find herself and her family again so that SW would not be too lonely and know that there are other people other than OY who need and love her.
There's also a lot of love and feel good feeling among friends and family in Episode 14. We see the bromance between MC, OS and JS and how they express their affection for each other in their own way. I love the scene when OS meets MC and gives him the money that JS owed. You can feel how much silent respect they have for one another and all I wanted to do was to give MC a hug, a very tight one. I know he's going to die trying to protect his "brothers" and his death will be caused by Kim. I too worry for JS and I want him to live very much because his death will be too devastating for OS and I don't see how OS would be able to forgive himself or look into the eyes of JS's family, especially his dad's, if JS were to die because of OS. 
Okay, back to watching the second half of the drama. Heehee, didnt realise I had so much to say and I'm only half way through the episode. Will be back when I have more. Love you all, Windblowers!

ep 14

You guys may think I am wrong and blame me, but to tell you the truth, deep inside my heart, I am a little bit upset and quite disappointed with OY in this episode. She is still so cold, stern, and stubborn princess that always thinks that she's so capable of doing anything without help.

Even though OS has been trying to melt her heart all the time, I feel that OY's attitude in this episode is still unchanged, she doesn't want to admit that she needs OS and SW. I know that they made mistakes and deceived her, but OY is so blinded by their mistakes. Even when she said that SW's soup was delicious, she said it without warm expression.

I guess it's good that OS (for the time being) and SW (for permanent) leave her as a reflection, so that she has time to realize and aware of how important the existence of those people in her life 

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, I dropped off YT link at Softy's site and asked for translations. I'm gonna head to bed soon, but in case anyone's around and still can visit Softy's site. If you see translation, will you please transfer over here for others? Thanks.

http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/that-winter-the-wind-blows-e14/comment-page-1/#comment-56489

I did say that it is about 9 hours away from episode 15, so I'm not sure if Softy can translate and/or if she wants to translate is really up to her. But just in case she does, we know a little bit before it airs. ;)

Oh yeah, so I said earlier that Soo was not taking Young's money. I think he didn't take the whole suit case of money, but he took a pack of it. So that meant he did take some of her money?

yosira said: youtube 3 min preview will be available here: (just wait a minute):

there's an article trending about Jo In Sung's "luxury tears" :)) it's pretty much talking about how he's melting the hearts of viewers201303280751030910_1.jpg

some comments: "Jo In Sung's facial expressions are the best," "He makes my heart hurt too," "My heart was trembling, real nice Jo In Sung" 
http://news.nate.com/view/20130328n03258

there's also an article talking about "the beauty of forgiveness" when OY told OS that he was innocent and shouldn't feel guilty20130327_1364393744_89727200_1.jpg

some comments: "I hope no one dies," "Anyone else couldn't get home before 10? I had to sit watching this on my phone!" "This drama has all the elements T_T It is perfect," "I will forever remember this drama. It has pretty cinematography and a nice storyline. The two lead actors created nice visuals and amazing acting," "I cried three times today T_T The actors were amazing, the directing, and thanks to the staff for all the work. *deep bow*"

http://news.nate.com/view/20130327n38808?mid=e0103

the scene where OY asks if murder was the worst crime ever was my favorite scene. i completely agree with the article labeling it as the beauty of forgiveness. i was wondering where she was going with it and then i realized how she used that to let OS see that his 'crime' and his mom's crime was not as bad. that really broke my heart. despite all her anger, she still made OS feel better. she still wanted him to let go of the guilt and lessen his pain. it's not that she hated him or was angry at him, but she told him that she wasn't confident. all his life, everyone around OS blamed him for EVERYTHING. no one has every told him that it was okay, that it wasn't his fault, that he shouldn't feel guilty.... no one until OY. she is still telling him not to feel guilty for deceiving her even though she must be hurting. that's what makes their love so precious. i think that's what makes this drama so beautiful. 

Guest yellowumbrella

Just finished subbed Ep14. Oh my mama mia! God knows how I cried during this episode. This got to be the most heartbreaking episode ever in TWTWB! OS driving with the flashback thing, OY counseling with OS, and also SW lying to Atty. Jang about eating with her family. Damn just breaks my heart. Windblowers, this is a storm! lol. Anyway, I cant wait for tonight's episode!!!!  Writer NOH, you're good in breaking our hearts!
P.S.
Can Secretary Wang just be in OY's life? Damn. I mean she could be forgiven and at the same time be her mother since SW's life has been devoted to Oh Young. and please cut with the Winter Love song cause it adds more tears in my eyes.... :))

Translation by Softy:

Kim tells JS that I already finished making a deal with Oh Soo but he said to leave you out of it. what do you think. cuz I cant trust Oh Soo without you. JS: your head is working. Hyung cant play a game without me. ok do it that way, but dont forget that hyung cant know. JS leaves

Soo and HS are drinking. he says it’s nice.

Jang tells Young: Oh Soo left the money and went- I told him to take it. he said he only needed one stack of checks so he took that one and left. I dont know why that guy came here. Oh Soo must have liked you for real. Young: I dont want to hear it.

HS asks: why didnt you take the money from Young? are you putting your life on the line to “look good” (or “save face”)
Soo: when I came out of that home I was going to be sure of myself/ confident cuz I love her and she loves me. for my sake she will live for sure (his exact words “looking at me- for my sake”). so that is why even though we broke up like this now – at least just once- even by chance we will meet – i believe that so I left that home without being able to be confident and was impudent/brazen without a word of apology.

tumblr_m0fkg4zpTp1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Guest sunshine4ever

@yosira, thanks so much....!! Softy is super awesome and so are you. :) Ahhh....no....that means there will be a moment that he needs to apologize. If he doesn't, he might regret not being able to say "I'm Sorry" to her.

yukitube said: sunshine4ever said: Young: I loved you. I don’t have the confidence to leave you by my side and love you but you deceiving me is not a sin (not something to feel guilty for). it was a way for you to live and for me – there were times I was happy. she cries and goes inside her room. (translation credits to Softy)