[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest unknownx2

This thread is so great & addictive...even the name of this group of fans, WINDBLOWERS, is totally mind-blowing!  Everybody is so congenial and awesome...I am very glad to meet all of you and be one of you!

Windblowers united!

Guest OreoVampire

verona

wrote:

»

The first time OS carries OY on his back, he wore red coat. The second time he wore red pan. i wonder if the third time happen... he should wear the whole red outfit

:))

@verona,

i think for the third one, there's no red in his outfit except for his lips.. he's 'wearing' the red lips after kissing OY passionately....

:)) =))

forgive me for being pervert since yesterday.. my pervert syndrome is still here until the next ep continues
>:) =))

Guest jjsweeter0211

"That Winter, the Wind Blows" remains in first place

Source | 2013/03/20 | 

photo293288.jpg

SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" remained in first place with 13.3% on the 20th. This is 1.6% lower than the previous episode but still managed to stay on the throne.

Assistant Wang, (Bae Jong-ok) found a secret room in the greenhouse and watched a video of Oh Yeong's (Song Hye-kyo).

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "IRIS 2" rated 9.5% and MBC "7th Grade Civil Servant" rated 9.8%.

Source : www.etoday.co.kr/news... ( English )

crixa said:Kim Tae Hee can't be compared to Song Hye Kyo. Don't get me wrong, I like KTH too. But when she gets compared to Hye Kyo Unnie, I get too defensive and forgets that I like KTH too.
In terms of beauty, yes KTH is so beautiful, but I don't get it why she's considered the most beautiful in Korea. When I first saw her in stairway to heaven, I wasn't able to notice her. SHG on the other hand is the reason why I knew about Korea. Twelve years ago while I was surfing channels(and I was still 12 years old at that time), I saw SHG in a Chinese channel. Autumn in my Heart was being shown, and I thought to myself, "wow, this girl is the prettiest girl I've seen in my life". So, I watched AIMH, even though it was Chinese and no subtitles at all. Alas, when AIMH was shown in my country, I was able to know her name and googled her, and found out that she was in fact Korean. and from that day on, I've been a fan of her. She's still the most beautiful to me. EVER.^:)^
In terms of acting, I believe she's way above KTH. For the past few years, SHG took roles that were a challenge to her as an actress. She strives to be a better actress, to stray away from "just a pretty-face actress" image. I'm not saying KTH isn't striving  to be better, she is trying as well but as I have observed SHG chose projects that weren't mainstream, that weren't necessarily box office hits. She is never content to just bank on her looks. and the fact that she was noticed by Chinese Directors Wong Kar Wai and John Woo is definitely something.
Anyway, I know I seem unfair to KTH here, but don't misunderstand KTH fans. I'm a fan too. It's just that when she is compared with Hye Kyo unnie, I go crazy. ~X( 

Guest OreoVampire

Gyo Insung said: @verona,

i think for the third one, there's no red in his outfit except for his lips.. he's 'wearing' the red lips after kissing OY passionately....

:)) =))

forgive me for being pervert since yesterday.. my pervert syndrome is still here until the next ep continues
>:) =))

To me, SHK's performance in this drama is indeed great. She doesn't look/act force or try hard. it looks so nature. Ofcourse the eye of blind ppl look different (this is we can't ask her to having that eyes)... but SHK pull off all the emotion well, her eyes always look at nowhere but still show the emotion of character very well... i feel that SHK and JIS didn't act in this drama, they feel their character and go along with it. They're not at the master level yet but i don't agree with the comment that " her performance in that drama is not that great"...

Guest kyoforever

@Verona I agree with you the word "not that great"... is f****ng bulls**t! is she blind like Oh Young? if not she better have her eye check.

I just re-watched episode 12. Poor Oh Soo had a lot of pain and tears in this episode. The hurt look on his face whenever OY says they can't sleep together is such a role reversal when he first said they couldn't sleep together. 
And I have to say, Moo Chul was a bada#$ in this episode!! I wished he would've banged President Kim's head on that steering wheel even harder. 
Does Lawyer Jang's presence at the hospital after the simulation surgery for OY have anything to do with why he yells at Mira in episode 13 and slaps Oh Soo? What was he wanting to get from Moo Chul's sister?

Guest sunshine4ever

Additional translations from 7 min for Episode 13 preview by Softy @ http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com
(sunshine4ever: please note that Softy said that she translated from
"iPhone from iPad so it’s tricky")

HS gives her the account number and says it’s a matter that has oh soo’s life on the line – will trust you will send it ( the money) she gets up and leaves

Wang shows sora’s number to jang and says sora used to be oh Soo’s girlfriend- I was wondering why her number was here so I called her- she said she already told young everything about oh soo

Wang calls soo and says you come back right now – young already knows all about you. He looks over at young. She asks who is it. Wang says young is acting strange. Come back right now. Young tells him to hang up.soo tells wang – after the trip will go home nicely. Young says let’s turn off the phone it’s getting in the way (interrupting)

MH calls jang and asks what is going on – young texted and called off the engagement without a word to him and told Jung to go out as president cuz she isn’t going to. Did you know that? Jang wonders what is going on. Wang says we have to find out where the two of them went on the trip

Soo says the road is blocked. Young asks what about the navigation. Soo says cars can’t pass here (they can’t go in) want to walk? Young: I thought you would say let’s go back. Soo: we already started this road so it’s a little odd to go back. Get out.

He piggybacks her and says we arrived. I will put you down. Young: you are dead cuz I am hungry. Soo: we can just eat- by any chance is there nothing here? Young: probably. Soo: no way

He chops wood – well tries too. She hears him miss and says dad chopped well. Soo: I am doing it for the first time. Young: you don’t have strength huh? Soo:you don’t do this with strength but effort/accuracy. Young: then you don’t have it

Taken from: http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/that-winter-the-wind-blows-e12/

-------------------------------------

@freshspring and everyone who wants to know how to use spoiler tags: the code is the same, but we do it double now because of Soompi's updates. So I captured it in case you want to see what it looks like. I tested it on computer and it works. I'm not sure if @soomp will change the code again, but I'm grateful to be able to put things in spoiler tags now.

16acx74.jpg
^I went to the url that @tessieroo posted and tested by spoiler tag here: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25754929/#Comment_25754929. It worked.

I didn't get a chance to fully watch episode 12, but I skimmed through OY & OS's scenes. Oh, my poor heart. So what I was scared of actually came true. So Ra actually called Oh Young and told her what I was hoping Oh Soo would say to Oh Young, keke, but somehow I just like how it flowed with the plot. It proved to me that Oh Soo was indeed weak in somewhat ways getting to know Oh Young and that Oh Young's very important to him that is why he was afraid of telling her the truth. It is the same feeling he has inside for Hee Joo (since her death caused his self-esteem to go down and his shame grew). I think it is the same as right now as well. I cannot believe he beat the other man so badly. I honestly don't know what's going on, but gosh, could someone please help this guy? He's going crazy because of Oh Young. Begging her to let him stay with her. :'( Every scene that had OY & OS made me heart pounded so much. I  hope I get what I wanted. Haha. A real kiss. :D Since she said she kept thinking about his kiss, I guess that means she really likes/wants to kiss him, too. So I hope it happens for real tomorrow. ^^ Kekeke. Now have fun, guys. Due to time Daylight Saving Time changes, now I can't really watch with all of you because by then I'll be out of the house already for work, so can't watch live, but I'm happy to be able to go to work and then come home with the episode already subbed.

DDuk said: guys guys... GUYSSS... TT^TT this drama man... It's doing things to my emotions...... I can't... 
at first when I was watching today's episode....I was mostly like this...
11htlkx.jpgmostly b/c I was still at work and crying in front of customers is going to make me look like I'm crazy.

then I saw the preview... and OMG...
2edmhl0.gif DEAD. DEADDDD

I NEED TOMORROW NOWWWW!!!/end spazz. teeheehave a good night everyone!

I can't say it enough how this drama is so well made. It's beautiful and the entire production team (everyone in front of the camera and behind the cameras). Of course this entire viewing experience has been enriched by all the amazing comments, music videos, gif's, behind the scenes footage and articles shared by my fellow Windblowers.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm not sure I will be able to sleep. I'm wondering whether we will get some further insight as to why Young's mom left her behind. Why she took her brother and not her. I don't know if we have been given some tidbits as to why this happened and maybe I missed it.

I'm wondering if we get more background into this we might get a more complete picture of SW history/background. The ep today clearly showed that she is crazy and twisted but I feel that there is more to her story.

We are getting closer to the end (NOOOO!!!!) and I of course want as many scenes between Soo and Young. I want them to spend as much time together once Young is able to get past finding out the truth. Having said that there are still other plot points that are intrtesting. Of coursr Soo and Young are number one...just thinking about their scenes tomorrow....I get so many feelings.

I want the happy ending...it currently looks a bleak but miracles can happen, right? I tried to mentally prepare myself for a sad ending before the drama started, knowing this was a melo. All I can say is: I was kidding myself. I want a happy ending for Soo and Young (they need it and deserve it). I have faith in the writer and director, that they will give us an ending worthy of this glorious drama.

Guest monkie2804

@prechuz_azn I'm not sure how great is "THAT great" and I haven't watched many of Lee Bo Young's work nor am I familiar with her, so I can't judge if her acting is qualified as "real acting". But I just did a quick google search with Lee Bo Young ( as in the actress who starred in My daughter Seoyoung), it doesn't seem like she has been in that many movies/films and won that many awards herself. If I'm just gonna compare the three of them based on their achievements (as in number of movies/dramas and awards), I think they are comparable. Again, I haven't watched much from her, so if she's actually much better than that , like on the level of Jeon Do Yeon, then I sincerely apologise for my lack of knowledge. 
As for Song Hye Kyo, I think it would be an understatement if we're just gonna categorise her as CF models turned actresses as I think she is much more talented and serious about her acting career than that. But I do agree, I wouldn't name her the best actress in Korea and she's not yet on the level of Jeon Do Yeon. I also don't think KTH or SHK would be upset to be compared to each other, but yes KTH is still on the level of CF model turned actress.

Guest kyoforever

Oh lord... I think I am going to passed out right now after reading the preview for tonight's episode. Thanks in a million to @sunshine4ever & @softy... you guys are great!

^:)^