[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

I can't wait to see what Evil Wang does once OY tells her to leave.  :-S The look on her face in the 3 minute preview when OY says that scares me. This line:
young: After I get the surgery and I am able to see –at that time I wont need your help. Now like oppa – you should prepare to leave.

Full credit to Softy for translation. 

Although i don't care much abt rating but what the hell happen with korean viewers? This drama is way too good, the ratingdoesn't do it justice. The show is way underrated. As much as effort the cast put it, i hope they get what they desevers. This ep is so intense and the rating is even drop? I hate to think abt it

Guest jjsweeter0211

SBS drama gets head start overseas

Source | 2013/03/20 |

photo293022.jpg

SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows"

SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" recorded higher-than-expected ratings in Singapore as it went on air last week, according to the drama's agency yesterday.

The drama's first episode on Singapore's One Channel recorded rating of higher than 1 percent. 

"It is unusual for an ongoing drama to be aired overseas", said the agency, according to local media reports. "Because Song Hye-kyo and Jo In-Seong took leading roles, the distribution rights were sold to Singapore immediately after the drama started to broadcast [in Korea]".

The president of the agency also said that he did not expect to see a heated response to the very first episode.

"[The drama] will see rising viewership and will ignite the Korean Wave again", President Jo Jeong-ho said.

The drama will also air in other Asian countries, including Japan. The cast will go on a global tour after filming ends in Korea.

By Lee Sun-min

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo... ( English Korean )

I hope that this will be different play than normal Kdrama where they drag the angst and keep the couple apart until the last minute. I hope that after Young's initial upset and after the kiss in ep 12, they will fight as a couple against the world together. After all, they don't have alot of time left together.

Utkim:I do agree that BJO is a versatile actress.She  and Sora were also in WW right?I think writer Noh likes a lot of the cast here  based on her prev. works,most of all SHK....;;) ;;) ;;)I hope she will make a part 2 story of this drama if OS&OY  survives all their sad ordeal fr. this drama.:-bd :-bd :-bd

verona: I have the same sentiments as you!!Maybe they don't know how to appreciated a good/quality drama like we do coz they have been saturated w/ all these corney ones.Aigoo!!It's their loss:)TWTWB will bec. the #1 K drama outside K,so it is ok.If it is true that 10 countries has bought the rights already,more countries will follow suit!!Fighting !!TWTWB  \:D/ \:D/ \:D

Here's another translated news fr. Shanda!!
Park Shin Hye, “I want to try a role like Song Hye Kyo’s in That Winter Mar 20, 2013 • Category: News & Updates, That Winter, Translations0 Comments

20130307_1362641887_40733100_1

[TV Report= Reporter Lee Soo Ah] “I want to act in a similar role like Song Hye Kyo Senior’s character, Oh Young, in That Winter, The Wind Blows.” This year marks Park Shin Hye’s tenth year since debut. 23 years old. Now it seems she is able to properly take on sorrowful melo-dramas.

“Someday I would certainly like to have that kind of role. Oh Young and Dok Mi of Flower Boy Next Door have a similar feel. All of the roles I did in the past felt a lot like a cartoon style, but Dok Mi is not inconsistent and has a calming feeling. One aspect has changed after [portraying] Dok Mi. Naturally I wasn’t able to shed tears well. I felt the tear trauma of Dok Mi’s emotions, and was able to release it. By sincerely feeling it, I was able to really cry. I also sincerely felt Dok Mi’s Joy, of course.”

Portions Omitted (Song Hye Kyo related content only)

Source: TV Report
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Guest Aigayafu

Oh, I knew it! This drama has been so well planned til now, it would have been so weird if OY seeing the scar in ep1 didn't come back to haunt him! 
Also, I know basically everyone are against and are fretting the possibility of a birth secret. I'm personally neither for nor against it... but, it would actually make sense. I mean SW and OS's mother sure look alike(have someone confirmed the actress?) and it would be such a good explanation as to why she's so adamant on making OY depend on her, to go as far as to let her go blind. She abandoned(or was forced to abandon, really we don't know why she left him under the tree)her child. The psychological issues she have had before that or gotten after commiting such an act may very well be taken out on another child. Basically(if there really is a birth secret)OY is the substitute child for the one she abandoned. She needs to do something for the child she betrayed and OY is the child in her vicinity and becomes a replacement. However, the child doesn't want her attention and makes it impossible for her to "make up" for mistakes she made in the past. Suddenly, something happens to change that. The sub.child now needs her help and depends on her. So SW clings to the thought that she is doing something right, there is nothing wrong from her side because after all, she is making up for past mistakes. Ugh... it's late, can't elaborate more right now. But do you guys catch my drift? :P Like I said, I don't mind either outcome. I'm just putting this here for the hope of people not taking it like a random or insincere move if the birth secret is actully true. 
Sorry for the tl;dr ;D
Did I just top the page? So sorry >.<

Hey guys!! Some of y'all must remember, that last week I told you guys i was crying a the gym, while watching this drama on my l pad. That week, I cried even though the sad part was towards the end of the drama , because I was anticipating the end, that made the whole episode sadder.Today's episode , was a tear jerker right form the start. So naturally, I balled. I felt that I could care less about what people would think seeing me cry. I honestly told my self, I don't care. And cried, wiped ,ran the whole episode like I was the sole person in the gym at 6 . The funny part was that, after my hr, I got off the treadmill, and was going out of the gym. One of the trainer/ gym personal came up to me ... Trainer - what's going on girl, I see you are doing an hour these days. Good for you. Me- yeah, need to loose weight ,so trying my best. Him- is every thing ok with you? Me- flabbergasted,replyied yes . Everything is going on as usual.why? Him- I see you crying a lot,ESP on the treadmill, which is quite unusual. I can't believe,your thinking about other stuff while your even watching something while running. Did you break up with someone? What's going on? Me- I honestly, didn't know what to tell him. Tell him the truth , and risk sounding like a nut who belonged in an institution.Not to mention, unless he was a secret k drama watcher, I didn't feel like I would be able to meet his eye, by revealing the truth. So I lied, and told him, something on the show i was watching, momentarily took me back to memories of my ex. thank god, he didn't ask me what I was watching. :) But seriously, I hate running, and can't complete an hr, if I am not engrossed in something . I guess, this drama, isn't one you should be watching, in public, if your emotionally prone to wear your emotions on your sleeve. ;)) [-( [-( :-SS :-?

I aways call sora a psycho woman and didn't think that secretary wang is a crazy psycho woman...

after last night's episode, and the scary but funny pic of seretary wang, i gotta admit that she's the monster of psycho world...

i thought all this while, she didn't allow OY to receive treatment because she's afraid that OY will not depending on her.. now that i realized it's all for the sake of OY's wealth.. what kind of evil woman do this..

slapping OY twice, i thought she's seriously sincere wanted OY to survive because of her love. but then again, come to think of it, she just want OY to do the surgery and marry that gold digger, so that she can control the wealth..

If OY change her will, i just hope secretary wang receive nothing...

Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: Wed, 03.20.13] ‘That Winter’ Drops, but Stays at Top

2013-03-21 09:39  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Honghttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif icon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0It was a day of decrease in numbers with SBS’ That Winter, The Wind Blows dropped from March 14’s broadcast of 14.9 to 13.3 percent on Wednesday night.

The drop, however, didn’t mean the wind stopped blowing as it stayed at the top regardless. KBS’ Iris 2 also fell from 10.0 to 9.5, which wouldn’t have been a huge difference, if MBC’s 7th Grade Civil Servant didn’t suddenly spring up 1.3 percent within a week. 

7th Grade Civil Servant was pretty much the only show on Wednesday night to see an increase as even variety shows suffered a drop. 

11721290.jpg

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dramas

8:15 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim! 27.3->27.0

10:00 PM

1. SBS That Winter, The Wind Blows 13.3

2. MBC 7th Grade Civil Servant 9.8 

3. KBS Iris 2 9.5

Variety

1. SBS Couples (Jjak) 6.9

2. SBS One Night of TV Entertainment 6.3

3. MBC Radio Star 6.0

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo Credit:: KBS

Guest kyoforever

I hate SW more for slapping Oh Soo twice! How dare her ...!!! She's the one who deserve a big huge slap... if I can just go to the set and do it my self.. I will beat the s**t out of her. I will beat her up like what Oh Soo did to that doctor. >:)

tessieroo said: @h0ns_niech - 
Right now the will leaves everything to Soo when OY dies but I have no clue if Wang gets anything. (I was assuming she did) I imagine OY will eventually forgive OS (otherwise these two would never kiss or anything else) and will leave him everything knowing he's not her real brother. But I hope she cuts Wang out. OY might be furious with Soo but of course, she'll forgive him. (all total guesses on my part) 
EDIT - OMG, I just read Softy's updated recap. Yes, Evil Wang admitted she let OY go blind. *gasp* That's it - she's a full on MONSTER. I hate her more than So Ra now. :-L

guys guys... GUYSSS... TT^TT this drama man... It's doing things to my emotions...... I can't... 
at first when I was watching today's episode....I was mostly like this...
11htlkx.jpgmostly b/c I was still at work and crying in front of customers is going to make me look like I'm crazy.

then I saw the preview... and OMG...
2edmhl0.gif DEAD. DEADDDD

I NEED TOMORROW NOWWWW!!!/end spazz. teeheehave a good night everyone!