[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest jjsweeter0211

tumblr_miy11oyjZO1qfakbgo1_r1_500.gif
cr to salagifs

tumblr_miy3mvntt01r60q9ro1_500.png
I promise to be by your side every time you ask me to

cr to sujongz.

tumblr_mixxklIdnX1qag92io1_250.giftumblr_mixxklIdnX1qag92io3_250.giftumblr_mixxklIdnX1qag92io2_250.giftumblr_mixxklIdnX1qag92io4_250.gif
I could’ve told her that you weren’t her real brother, 
but I didn’t because I have a crush on you..

cr to herdys

tumblr_mixv9hThS51qfakbgo1_250.giftumblr_mixv9hThS51qfakbgo2_r1_250.giftumblr_mixv9hThS51qfakbgo5_r2_250.giftumblr_mixv9hThS51qfakbgo4_250.gif
cr to salagifs

Guest jjsweeter0211

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/02/gaon-chart-releases-chart-rankings-for-february-17-february-23

Gaon Chart National Digital Singles Ranking

4. The One – “Winter Love”

Online Downloads For The Week 

The One – “Winter Love” – 204,379 Downloads

Dangit... I finally understood what OS was saying in Ep 6 when he almost kissed OY... I love the translators for doing their job so well and so insanely fast, but maybe I've just been too tired lately... that line confused the heck out of me when I watched it both English and Chinese subs... anyway, I replayed that scene a million times and finally got this out of it (remember that this is after he wondered to himself why in the world a guy like him, who has no good reason to live-- he can't even think of one himself-- would be so desperate to stay alive that he'd spew all these lies to this poor, blind girl"):

I've said (before, that): "Life's not really that big of a deal." When I said that "Life is just living"... all those things that I said... were they all in fact lies? Moments like this one right now--had there been just once in all my life, in which I had unknowingly anticipated them, (craving it to the point of losing my mind)? Damn it... what the heck am I doing right now? ... Crazy bastard...

I'm sorry... I'm just super anal... and not knowing what he was saying in this all important moment and why-- it just drove me nuts. I've said I loved his existential question about his despicable desire to live.. but at that point, I only understood half of it because I couldn't understand this second part. But now... *exhilarated* 

It's more than just wondering what right he had to do this to OY, considering how unworthy he is... but here he's asking an even deeper question... does life mean more to me than I'd previously thought? More than simply "wanting to live because I'm alive atm"... a statement that's so beast-like? Seriously, that's what I felt when I first heard it... animals think like that-- they do everything for the sake of surviving, driven by this hollow fact: they are living, breathing, eating, and ____ (fill it in yourself XP )... there's no "other reason" of worth. So OS had been living like an animal all these years (!) and we see that he's frustrated with this animal-like desperation of his (think his confrontation with HS on the rooftop)... precisely because this exemplifies his depravity of something that makes humans human...

but now... he's questioning it... was it because he's been having such a hard life, he's been fighting so hard to stay alive all by himself... that he never realized that he had in fact, owned this piece of humanity in him? "Ah... so I'm not an animal/inhuman like I thought..." That he also had a reason to live/survive-- because he had craved and anticipated for "this moment"? And what the heck IS "this moment"? Is it really just the romantic feelings he has for OY? There's gotta be more than just the urge to kiss him... 

And I find these when I look back at how we came to this scene: OY trusts him... OY is desperately in need of the privilege of trusting him... that he's a good person ("he" is used loosely here considering all the identity cross-wire with him playing the role of her dead brother... but so much of her desire and willingness to trust "her brother" comes also from OS's actions, which proved that he "genuinely" and increasingly GENUINELY cared for her... so she's trusting not just because he's "her brother" but because of OS's own actions) OY finds a pleasant fragrance from him (while he finds himself a foul, decaying garbage to MC... a condemned/guilty man to HS for HJ's death... an unwanted son to his birth mom...and a failure at being a good brother to JS, at being a good son to JS's parents... the only people who wanted him to be their family... he'd thrown so much people to the wayside because of his obsession with staying alive (think HS's outburst after smacking him, and JS's bitter words when before going off to do another delivery))

... so was THIS what he yearned for? the approval from someone else that he, and what he does... is good? that someone else NEEDS him to bring joy into their lives?

and that connects with the other REALLY crucial scene (for me) in ep 7... when he tells OY ambiguously about his own history, as if it belonged to someone else... and what OY said... that yes, as a human being (ah... she affirms his humanity for him) he too needs sympathy from others when he's having a hard time. That yes, he made a mistake that should not have been done... but it shouldn't be the reason that his human dignity is taken from him. And boy, I think he's surprised that for once, he's receiving comfort from OY (when he kept seeing himself as the protector and comforter of OY)...

is this what he craved for? That as a human, he gets to enjoy a relationship with another human being in which they bring each other joy and comfort each other in sorrow? Someone that will tell him that he's wrong when he's wrong (instead of going along with his immoral deeds in the end... like HS), but would still be willing to stick through it with him as he tries to take responsibility/bear the consequences for his actions?

These 2 episodes weren't as breath-taking for me as ep 5... but for moments like these, I appreciate them =]

AGB:
7th episode
Nationwide: 13,9% (5th)     /     +0,9%Seoul: 14,9% (5th)     /     +1,0%

IRIS2 - 10,1% (15th) / 10,1% (14th)7th Grade Civil Servant - 10,6% (13th) / 11,8% (9th)
TNS:
Nationwide: 11,8% (10th)     /     +0,3%Seoul: 13,5% (6th)     /     +0,7%

IRIS2 - 10,8% (15th) / 12,1% (10th)7th Grade Civil Servant   11,0% (14th) / 11,8% (11th)

Whoa! The conversation between Attorney Jang and Wang - 

He asks what if the fingerprint and DNA comes back and shows OS is her

real brother? And Wang says "Then we should chase him out. Because he's a dangerous brother to Oh Young." WTF? So this beotch doesn't even really care if he's her real brother or not, she wants him gone. Period.

I'm stunned. I thought maybe, just maybe my first impressions of Wang were wrong but nope. She's pure evil and selfish.  

Guest malou1310

wow we are on the top ratings are great so happy we'r the best 

RATINGS AGB!!!

-that winter 13.9 _ 14,9

- 7 Grade 10,6 - 11,8

- Iris 2 10,1 - 10,1

RATINGS TNMS!!!

that winter 11.8 _13,5

7 Grade 11,0 - 11,8

- Iris 2 10,8 - 12,1

-

Guest julie721

Oooommooo... My precious windblower chingus....

This thread is surely an active one... Just when i wake up and check here... Boom... It jumps 5 pages...

Gonna start back reading.. And of couse.. Rewatch episode 1-7 again and again and again... *i'm official twtwb junkie... And im proud to be one... Lol*

ooooooooohhh maaaaaaahhh gaaaaaaawwwwddddd................

every time i see so ra the wicked witch i just want to............

tumblr_ltjmgbLqQI1qa0qld.gif

she ruins the moment, cuz it makes me go.......

onew_angry_by_kuro_kokoro-d369c93.gif
after a sweet OY/OS scene to.... so ra.

*sigh*

i'm ready for the truth to be revealed so OY and OS can get over the bro/sis bonding and begin to be lovers!! OS is already losing it with his feelings. I'm ready for the truth and how they are going to go on with/without each other, along with how they will get back into each others life, who's going to fight for who, and what their path will lead them......

we'll be halfway next weeek!! ahhhh!! god help me
l5tRT.gif

Guest ziimblu

Soo is singing -  "You've already won me over inspite of me Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feetAnd  dont be surprised if I love you for all that you are I couldn't help it...." (Head Over Feet, Alanis Morisette)

Youngie's response - "Honesty is such a lonely word Everyone is so untrue Honesty is hardly ever heard And mostly what I need from you..." (Honesty, Billy Joel)

Guest littlesnow

I have a feeling this drama will be heartbreaking. I watched the supposedly original work of this as "Love Me Not" and there are a lot of similarities between this drama and that movie. The movie [spoiler warning] ended really bad like real bad. :\ I really hope That Winter, The Wind Blows will have a happier ending. Here's to hoping.

Guest tureready

Now Available To Download At FreeKoreanDramas 
EPISODE E07

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,Narod,2Shared,Zippyshared] -  [720p-HANrel]-[350MB-AVI]