Network: SBS
Air Time: Wed. & Thurs. @ 9:55 pm KST
Episodes: 16
Filming Date: November 2012
Release Date (Broadcast): February 13, 2013
Press Conference: January 31, 2013

Adaptations from: Don’t Need Love, Summer  &  Love Me Not
Official Site:  That Winter The Wind Blows

Streaming with English subs: DramaFever | Viki | Details about DF & Viki & ShowBoom
Websites to watch/streaming live: [#1] | [#2] | Chingzy (good site) | #3
Clips with English subs: Teaser 1 | Teaser 2 | Teaser 3 | Teaser 4 (no subs) | Drama Special
Recap websites: CouchKimchi (tessieroo & clockwatcher)
| Softy's Blog (live recaps) | DramaBeans

Please Read & Follow: Soompi Forum Rules 01. Do not post request for subs. Do not request for videos either. Just download from what other Soompiers provided you. 02. Do not post requests for any BT seedings of any videos links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them 03. Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will. Use the online google translator if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of Soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given. 04. Do not take any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site. Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to download anything from there. 05. Don't post any requests for subs! 06. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread . 08.The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings. 09. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. 10. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. 11. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 12. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. Please do not quote images and videos. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. (Rules credit to moderators)

If you see any errors in the linkage to news/pictures/videos, please kindly private message sunshine4ever to fix. Thank you.

Guest sunshine4ever

@myphim, will you please help with the Korean title if you found one, dear..me head to sleep..yeah..I think it's a melodrama..maybe @ shaylaman, can update you better. We've read a lot of news about this and we're so excited that he finally confirmed.

-edit-
Got the title I think from original Korean

http://enews24.interest.me/news/01/3685751_1161.html

-EDITED on November 16, 2012- I added these news from post #2 here so I can use post #2.

Actor Jo In Sung is set to make his return to the TV.

Posted on September 28, 2012 in drama by nettop01

35ixijs.jpg

On 28th, a representative from the show has commented that “Jo In Sung has finalized his appearance in the new KBS dramaThat Winter, The Wind Blows’”.

Jo In Sung, who has been rather cautious in his choice of his next drama since his discharge last year, is now set to return to the TV after 7 years.

The drama, planning for broadcast next year, is a collaboration between writer Noh Hee-kyung and PD Kim Gyu-tae, the minds behind the dramas ‘The World That They Live In’ and ‘Padam Padam’. The drama, a remake of the Japanese drama ‘I Don’t Need Live, Summer’, is the second of its kind after the movie ‘I Don’t Need Love’ on 2006, with Moon Geun-young and Kim Joo-hyuk.

The drama is also speculated to include Song Hye Kyo in the cast, as the lead alongside Jo In Sung. The drama is expected to begin filming on October.

Source: http://koreandrama.com/jo-in-sungs-appearance-in-that-winter-the-wind-blows-finalized/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012-09-28 15:30  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa

Credit : Erika Kim  
Zo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo have been cast as the leads for the drama Wind Blows in Winter.

1znvps8.jpg

One official recently told enews, "Zo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo have been cast for the drama Wind Blows in Winter, which is being written by scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung."

The official added, "Many actors have been put on the list for writer Noh [Hee Kyung]′s piece, but Zo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo have been confirmed for the roles. This will be Song Hye Gyo′s second piece with producer Kim Gyu Tae and Noh Hee Kyung."

The drama will be Zo In Sung′s first drama in seven years since his last appearance in SBS′ Spring Days in 2005. It will be his first piece since his release from the military, as last year he did join the cast of the film Kwon Bob, but it will be premiering after the drama.

Song Hye Gyo will also be returning to the small screen for the first time in four years.

Wind Blows in Winter is a remake of the Japanese drama Love Isn′t Necessary, Summer. It was previously remade in Korea through the film Love Me Not, starring Kim Ju Hyuk and Moon Geun Young.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min, Kim Byung Kwan

Source: http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=16316

sunshine4ever said: @myphim, will you please help with the Korean title if you found one, dear..me head to sleep..yeah..I think it's a melodrama..maybe @ shaylaman, can update you better. We've read a lot of news about this and we're so excited that he finally confirmed.

-edit-
Got the title I think from original Korean

http://enews24.interest.me/news/01/3685751_1161.html

Thanks sunshine4ever for creating this thread  :D. Can't wait.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=111&aid=0000300664

His charater in the drama is a gambler, live with any woman without meaning. But he discovers later a true meaning of love.

Sorry, I'm not Korean and can't translate properly, can only extract few lines. Btw, Song Hye Kyo is confirmed for the lead as well.

Guest sunshine4ever

@utkim, thanks so much for your updates!! Do you have a good picture of Hye Kyo? Will you please post one so I can edit post 1? Do we know how many episodes there are? Here is a format I'm looking to edit my post 1, so if you could fill in those blanks that would be awesome:

-edit:  I have already figured out reading the article so I composed some organized stuffs about this drama. if you know how many episodes it has please update us. Thanks -

will you please alert Song Hye Kyo's fans? If not I'll go to her thread later..

*sighs* these two had been disappearing from K-drama land for so long, so I think people don't really even know them!

please let me know of anything new...I'm going to reorganize post 1 again later when I get home tonight...thanks

@sunshine4ever, thanks so much for creating this lovely thread. woot.

here an article @dramabeans -

Jo In-sung and Song Hye-gyo confirm melodrama

Confirmations are in for the cast of the upcoming melodrama That Winter, The Wind Blows, the latest project from star writer Noh Hee-kyung (Padam Padam, Worlds Within, Goodbye Solo). Song Hye-gyo and Jo In-sung have signed on headline, and the drama has scored a broadcaster as well. It’ll be on KBS’s 2013 slate, though no word yet on a premiere date.

It’s a conventional melodrama about “a man and woman who don’t believe in love.” The story is based on the Japanese drama I Don’t Need Love, Summer / Ai Nante Irane Yo, Natsu, adapted once already into a film starring Moon Geun-young and Kim Joo-hyuk in 2006, called I Don’t Need Love. The heroine is blind and the hero is a rich playboy, who for some reason takes on this huge con pretending to be her brother. They’re both bitter and jaded when it comes to love, but they slowly start to change, until the sibling-not-a-sibling part complicates matters. Yeah, you think?

Check out the trailer below for the movie version, which seems like pretty hardcore melo — misanthropy, blindness, fauxcest, and lots and lots of tears. That certainly doesn’t mean it won’t be done well, by any means. It just won’t be a happy world. Noh Hee-kyung is re-teaming with PD Kim Kyu-tae (Padam Padam, Worlds Within) and already the cast is creating lots of buzz for the show. It’s just that both actors have done these characters before, and the idea of an entire story built upon a gigantic lie isn’t the most appealing. But perhaps there’s more to the remake than what the previous versions have done. One can only hope.

That Winter, The Wind Blows enters production in October and plans for a 2013 broadcast.

Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo confirmed for new drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’

wind120928.jpg

Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo have officially joined the cast of the upcoming drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows‘.

A drama representative revealed, “Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo have been confirmed for the drama, ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’, written by Noh Hee Kyung. Although various other actors were in the lineup for writer Noh’s production, it was decided in the end that Jo In Sung and Song Hye Gyo would have good chemistry together. This will be Song Hye Gyo’s second project with PD Kim Kyu Tae and writer Noh Hee Kyung.”

The drama will be Song Hye Gyo’s first since her appearance in Noh Hee Kyung’s drama ‘The World That They Live In‘ back in 2008. ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ is also Jo In Sung’s small screen comeback after his role in ‘Spring Day‘, which was his last project before he enlisted into military service back in 2005.

Source + Image(s): New Daily

@allkpop

Guest sunshine4ever

class="eng_title1"Jo In Sung to return in a new TV series for the first time in seven years

29upqhe.jpg

Actor Jo In Sung recently decided on his next job.

On September 28, a spokesperson for Jo’s agency said, “He finally decided to appear on the TV series That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

After he was discharged from the Army last year, he has been taking a break. He made a decision to appear on the series when he received an offer from the production company.

Actress Song Hye Kyo will also play a part opposite him on the series. It has been almost seven years since he appeared on SBS’s series Spring Day in 2005.

The series That Winter, The Wind Blows is a remake of the Japanese series I Don’t Need Love, Summer, which has already had one Korean film remake starring Moon Geun Young and Kim Joo Hyuk in 2006, called I Don’t Need Love.

Writer No Hee Kyung and producer Kim Kyu Tae, who previously worked together for KBS’s series The World That They Live In in 2008 and JTBC’s series Padam Padam, will make the series together.

Won Bin, who was considered as the leading actor, positively declined to accept another offer.

The series will start shooting in October to air in the first half of next year.

Source: English / Korean

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone,

I updated post #1 already and took the news from Drama Beans as my post 1 instead because it has more information than the other news. But I transferred my news to post #2.

Also according to various news: this drama is an adaptation of the Japanese drama "I Don’t Need Love, Summer," and Korean movie "Love Me Not" (Although the news translated the title of movie differently I just went and looked for Love Me Not and it seemed like that's what the movie's title is.)

Go can go Wikipedia or Love Me Not @ Soompi to find out a bit about the movie.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your updates/news! <3 Please continue to drop off news if you see anything new.

In Sung's picture from recent news @ Naver
r0s2l3.jpg

Here is the link for more details of japanese drama version. The end of the movie and and the drama has 2 completely different endings, just for info. I  have watched both drama and movie version, love the drama version alot but the movie version was not exactly a cup of my tea though. There were many  touching moments in the japanese version, it shows the growth, the depth of the drama :x. And to be honest, I am not fond for any kind of remaking, but i trust Insung's and Kyo's choice.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ai_Nante_Irane_Yo,_Natsu