[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, it's been so long since I've visited this thread and I'm happy to see it's still alive :).  Thanks everyone for the updates, pics and videos :x.  Since it's winter now and it has snowed at where I live, it makes me miss TWTWB even more :(  Hopefully the cast and crew will be able to reunite for another production [-O<

Here are some translations for the TWTWB Director's Cut commentary video.  As I had some difficulties translating some Chinese words to English without losing their meanings, please excuse any translation errors

They both said this scene is really good.  JIS: this line is really classic.  SHK: I have many good lines.  JIS agreed.  SHK: when I was filming this scene, I was thinking why does Oh Soo have so many good lines.  JIS: really?  I was thinking of the opposite.  SHK: really?  JIS: yes.  JIS: it's weird that whenever I think of classic lines, I can only think of Oh Young's lines.  Just like that line you said in the scene we saw before.  SHK: I think of Oh Soo's lines, not my own.  JIS: I can only think of Oh Young's.  SHK: that's why we are good partners.  JIS: partnership is not easy.  SHK: really terrific/amazing.  She laughed.  JIS: ah, it's true.  JIS: this scene is important.  Filmed it a few times, but was not satisfactory so have to start over again.  SHK: yes, Oh Young has to talk a lot (has lots of lines).  JIS:  filmed it just like a goddess.  SHK: really?  JIS: When calling Writer Noh on the phone, have said that if there's an angel from heaven that came down to earth, its face must have looked like Oh Young's.  SHK: thank you.

They said Shin Dong Yup and Lee Young Ja imitated this scene and turned it into a comedy .  JIS: this scene took a long time to film.  SHK: filmed until 4 in the morning.  JIS: Director always shoots for a long time for this kind of scene.  SHK: in the end, even my throat can't take it when saying the lines.  JIS: since we can't even say our lines fast anymore, I don't know why filming still lasted so long.  SHK: in between, In Sung, you treated us to fried chicken.  JIS: I felt if we don't take a break, the staff would all go home.  SHK: after eating, felt even sleepier.  She laughed.

Lol, onto the cotton candy scene.  JIS said "this cotton candy scene.  Not long ago, I went to Malaysia and Singapore.  There were many people who imitated this scene."  SHK said "We were protestingly asking why do we need to shoot this".  Then both JIS and SHK together said "Why do we need to shoot this?" and SHK laughed .  JIS said "have to even shoot it twice.  Have not imagine that the audience would like it this much".

When this part was playing, JIS said "I felt this scene was really hard".  SHK said "all the audience and fans who have seen this scene have said this looks like a CF shot".  JIS said "At that time, I was thinking I can't make this scene cringe-inducing.  I kept on thinking what to do."  SHK said "it was not cringe-inducing at all".  JIS whispered "Thank you".  SHK then said "after really watching this again, I think these 2 are good to watch". (I don't know if the Chinese translation for this part is off because I think SHK is trying to say they look good?)  JIS said "Yes".  JIS said "would not come across a drama like this for a while".  SHK said "it's really hard to come across something like this.  Really".

JIS and SHK both said it was hard.  They were very nervous.  SHK said "when they were filming, there were lots of planes that flew by.  It was so hard".  JIS said "I'll always remember it".  SHK said "it's very hard to forget.  Till the day I die, I will not forget it".  JIS said "we are filming a love scene".  SHK said "after filming this scene, we became more familiar with each other".  JIS agreed.  He said "We really became familiar with each other".  SHK laughed and agreed.  JIS then said "my heart really hurts" and SHK agreed.  JIS said "in the beginning, it was hard to get into the feelings for the scene, but after hearing Hye Kyo speak her lines, I can get into the emotions/feelings".

SHK:  this scene was very hard.  Can't get into the emotions at that time.
JIS:  most of Hye Kyo's emotional scenes are hard.  It is not simple acting.
SHK:  really was hard...this scene...you already know
JIS:  I really like this scene.
SHK:  at the time our clothes are similar.

SHK:  this scene, your tears came right on the dot
JIS:  it's really like heaven is helping me
SHK:  I have collaborated with many male actors, but each time the crying scenes would have different feelings.  I have said many times in interviews, In Sung is number one (meaning he's the best). 
JIS:  it's because of being spanked as a child until grown up.  Maybe that's the reason why. 
SHK:  acted really well.  Your performance and facial expressions are different.  That's why the feeling is amazing
JIS:  I have 100 kinds of materials.  For this scene, used approximately 28 tries.  SHK laughed.

I've combined the commentaries from both videos for this scene.

He said she filmed this scene really beautifully (meaning both her looks and her acting).  Looking at her gives him the feeling of looking at a teenager (meaning she looks young).  SHK modestly said it's thanks to the Director, Writer and the staff.  JIS then said "you look at me, compare me to how you look" (meaning he thinks he looks old compared to SHK).  Everyone cracked up at what JIS said .

They both said this is an unforgettable production for them, even when they have new work, they will always remember this drama.  After filming ended, they really felt like they're Oh Soo and Oh Young.  SHK said she hopes to work with JIS again on another production in the future.  JIS said if there's a chance, they will work together again.  Hope everyone will wait for it.

The following are commentaries from the 6-person video (4 leads plus director and writer):

This part is funny.  Writer Noh was saying how this scene came out beautifully.  JIS said  "really beautiful in it.  This face...really...." SHK was saying something (no subtitles for this), but Writer Noh interrupted and said "the director's cellular phone's screen is this".  Director was mumbling "yeah, yeah" and laughed.  SHK laughed also.  Writer Noh continued "But it doesn't have Oh Soo's part, just Oh Young's part".  Everyone cracked up after that

Here is the translation for the commentaries on the sofa kiss scene.  Director Kim started to say "for these 2 actors, this scene is the hardest".  SHK said "after this scene ended, my scenes in the drama have finished except for the cherry blossom ending scene".  Writer Noh said "I've heard that after you finished filming this scene, you fainted, right?"  SHK replied "yes, on the floor.  After this important scene has ended, I can relax".  JIS immediately said "that day Hye Kyo was drinking".  SHK added "Drank a lot".  Everyone started laughing at what SHK said .  JIS then said "when I was filming, I heard she drank a bottle or two.  So envious".  SHK laughed at that.  JIS continued with "I still have the stabbing scene and the gambling scene to film".  SHK said "right, at that time you still have lots of scenes".  KB then said "when we were filming, we talked about it.  Noona is somewhere drinking now".  Everyone laughed at that.  When Oh Soo and Oh Young started kissing on the screen, Writer Noh said "finally there's a kiss scene in 16 episodes".  Director Kim then said "filming for the last episode was hard.  When filming this scene, both actors said they have reached their limits".  JIS said "I said I may not be able to continue filming".  Both the director and writer said this scene was acted out really well.  Writer Noh said "when Oh Young said 'don't cry, I love you', I thought 'she is really an angel'

JIS said when filming was completed and they gave flowers to Director Kim, DK was all choked up when he was giving his speech.  Seeing DK like that made him sad.  Director Kim said "during that time, my heart was really heavy and tears just came out.  It was funny".  JIS said "that's why I started crying too.  In the beginning I didn't cry, but seeing Director cry made me cry too".  Writer Noh said "that day, my heart was really heavy too.  Wanted to cry so I went upstairs to cry".  SHK said "that time I wanted to cry also so I went to the back for a moment"  JIS immediately said "that time you weren't crying".  SHK interrupted him and said "went to the back for a moment.  When I went home, I cried for a long time".  JIS then said "hmmm, what's there in the back?  Why did you go to the back?"  Everyone cracked up after that.  SHK then said "went to a place where there's no one.  Felt like tears would come out fast.  Seeing Director Kim all choked up and In Sung all choked, I felt all choked up too".

Guest sunshine4ever

@hclover96, thank you so much for the awesome translation of the director's cut commentaries from the staff. Do you mind reposting this at Insung's thread? I'm sure you posted at Hyekyo's thread already right? If you don't want to repost them may I have the permission to repost it in Insung's thread for those who would like to read about TWTWB director's cut? Thank you so much in advance.

I'm deeply touched by Insung's words for Hyekyo and Hyekyo's words for Insung and the scriptwriter's and director's words for the cast. I feel bad that the scriptwriter and director didn't get acknowledge in the awards ceremony especially the director for his beautiful capturing and creativity. But hopefully and maybe next time! Well done TWTWB team!

^rubylia, thanks for sharing the links........ sweet TWTWB memories :x

KyoRean said: aigooo...  ^putrin chingu. Sweet..Gumawoyo! Seems that the wind chim was just been hanged yesterday. That wind chime seems so magical. Wonder where did Writer Nim & PD Kim bought it from LOL .. Alright let's not cry :( , no andwae jeoldae andwaeyo! :(

cr to owner

• 3 weeks later...