Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sunshine4ever

[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Itz gangjang's birthday TODAY by the way.

(cr. DC n original creator of graphic of birthday cake)

timg-246_zps31323fe2.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-05-14-01-11-1_zpse80435bd.png

What's Up With The Noona-Dongsaeng Casting?

Ha Ji Won and Lee Seung Gi

The recent rumors of a relationship between actress Choi Kang Hee and actor Joo Won prompted some thinking about the noona-dongsaeng (older sister-little brother) pairing of actresses and actors. There are a few kdramas, such as "Flower Boy Ramen Shop, " "Still Marry Me," "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon," and "I Do, I Do," that focus on romantic relationships between older women and younger men. But there are also cases where younger actors and older actresses are paired up romantically and are supposed to be the same age.

Quite a few. Think Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun in "The Moon Embracing The Sun." She is 31. He is 25. And how about Park Yoo Chun and Han Ji Min in "Rooftop Prince?"  She was 30. He was 26.

The age difference does not usually cause any problems on set.

"When I saw Han Ji Min noona for the first time, I thought how can she be 30 years old," said Park. "She looks great."

She was intimidated.

"When I learned the actor was going to be younger than me, I got agitated," said Han. "But as they are not a noona-dongsaeng couple in the drama, I did not notice the age difference while acting."

Lee Min Ho, 26, has played with a noona actress more than one. Kim Hee Sun was 36 when she played his love interest in "Faith."

When asked if it was easy to summon up on-screen chemistry with his older co-star, he said, "Kim Hee Sun's personality makes you want to protect her. That's why I can't really feel the age difference."

Son Ye Jin, his co-star in "Personal Taste" was five years older and worried about the age difference.

"I worried that I might look like his older sister in the drama, but I was relieved that Min Ho doesn't look young," she said.

In the recent drama, "Level 7 Civil Servant,' Choi Kang Hee was a decade older than her romantic partner Joo Won, but the age difference did not mean anything to him.

"It's amazing how quickly I forgot the 10-year-age gap," said Joo.

The appeal of the noona-dongsaeng relationship in a romantic drama is the potential conflict. Families may not approve of the age difference and it makes for good "it's us against the world" drama.

But the casting of older actresses and younger actors is puzzling. It's something that's almost unheard of in Hollywood. Is the casting choice designed to provoke comment or does it reflect a trend?

Dating older women is something that is becoming more acceptable in Korea. According to a recent poll, 15 percent of Korean brides are older than their husbands, although generally only a few years difference is considered advisable. 

Some people blame singer and actor Lee Seung Gi and his song "Because You're My Woman." The lyrics say, "You think I'm adorable, but noona you are a woman to me. You say 'what do you know?' 'You'll understand when you're older.' You say that I'm acting rashly, but noona you're a woman to me."

Interesting. When Lee Seung Gi romanced Ha Ji Won in 'King 2 Hearts," she was eight years older.

Credits: KDramaStars

Guest chantilly

@ebulli3nt ,

perhaps that's the trend casting these days?? haahh LOL.... I didn't watch this since the pairing since way OFFFFFFFFFF....hahaha LOL....

Lee Min Ho one in faith was an OK pair up i guess since that lady is still HOT n SEXY =)

Guest sunshine4ever

I'm not sure if anyone's still around this thread, but I owed you guys these characters. I just recently updated these pics with different fonts for better quality, but not sure how this goes. Also I'm not sure if you were around about 1-2 weeks ago, but I just reuploaded the pictures for post 1 because the old pics were disabled. Now the pics for post 1 should work. If you see errors or if you don't see any pics, please do let me know. Thank you so much. :) And Joo Won's new drama "Good Doctor" will be aired in Korea this upcoming Monday & Tuesday. I hope there will be lots of people watching it. :D

lebuSyU.jpg
VoTftJJ.jpg
DCGrTGg.jpg

Level 7 Civil Servant has (and will always have) a special place in my heart. As some of you may know, this is the show that welcomed me to the world of JW. I shall not bore you with my grandmother story; so onto my tribute and first fan-fic dedicated to this drama and all of you fans. Recently, @mrdimples invited me to join in this writing frenzy of hers and after some thought I graciously accepted the offer. I had been thinking on and off about what material I could provide and this came to mind. L7CS was a plot-wreck and while the romance was cute, the entire arc could have been written better. Dramas are not usually able to give much insights of our lead characters. How nice then, would it have been to be inside Gil Ro's head? Inspired, I quickly started tapping on the keyboard fervently and this is what was born tonight. I hope you guys will have fun reading; I know I had fun writing ;) 

Fan Fiction - My Diary (Han Gil Ro's Romance Edition) 
Entry1_zpsf38c92b8.jpg

Entry 1
This is Han Pil-Hoon. No wait, it should be Han Gil Ro now. I don’t usually write; much less keep a diary. It is strange then, how I’m penning down my thoughts in this book. I guess that’s because in spy school there’s nothing much to do for leisure so it’s self-entertainment (yes it’s pretty dull here, we are out of civilization and secluded to a protected area). It could also be because that I have been feeling different lately. It makes me confused and I need to get it out. Different? How different? Well, for starters I met a girl. Yeah I know, it’s not the first time I met one. But this one, she’s special.

She drives me crazy. Not in a good way, but not in a bad way as well. It’s like a love-hate thing we’ve got there. Initially she was a serious pain in the a**, her haughty self-righteousness not only losing me a car but also my rep.  To add on, she had the cheek to give me a ringing slap on the face in front of everyone.  Everyone.  I would NEVER live this down in my lifetime.  Oh, I also trudged down the mountain highway in 10-degree weather after her and got stranded when the wily fox called for delivery. This woman ought to have been shot. Alas, fate would have no other way but to put us within each other’s sight again. This time at the NIS interview. No matter how hard she tried to dodge, I knew it was her. How not to have recognized that frumpy hairdo? Don’t even mention the terrible post-modern dressing and the silly brooch she wears. If I had my way I would have taken the brooch away from her and broken it into a million tiny pieces.  With her around there is always trouble. Before we even started school, we were chased down the bus, we fought, my nose bled out, we fought some more, and then I had jajjangmyun down my face and everywhere else. If you think that’s all, no. That’s not it.  It doesn’t stop here. There’s plenty more I have to b*itch about. Yes, call me petty but whatever. That woman is crazy.  She does not want to be responsible and pay for my car. I have every right to harass her during training. What’s worse than having to see her every day is to stand next to her and recite the oath. How she does it with conviction while being such a competent liar befuddles me. Anyway, this is one part of the story. Here’s the next:

So, at this point we are pretty much frenemies. You know, friends that are enemies? Or rather, in this case, it should be enemies who can be friends.  I think we can be friends.  I know right, I must be drunk. I hope to be drunk. But very unfortunately, I’m sober. As sober as a sober man can be.  I ACTUALLY WANT TO BE FRIENDS.  There have been a lot of misunderstandings between us.  I’m still trying to figure all of these out and frankly it scares me; the feeling of uncertainty. I get bothered when she ignores me and sticks with Mr. Annoying. He seriously annoys the crap out of me. He thinks he knows it all and those cheesy pickup tactics he uses, wow! Only she would fall for things like learning how to hold a gun and shoot using spoons and candy.  It’s not even the best method when I can’t do it myself, pfffttt. I’m the best there, not him. I’m the one who won that round against him. Why would she even want to hang out with him? I simply cannot understand what she is thinking sometimes.

Then again, she has her cute moments. That, I have to admit. Her money-grabbing ways can be repulsive but her bukkeu song and dance in front of the entire class was entertaining.  I couldn’t help but be tickled. And guess what, she can wear a dress nicely too! It caught me off-guard but at least now I know this woman has the capability to look good…in fact, pretty. Very pretty. Like knock-my-socks-off kind of pretty.    

My brain is in a state of trying to decipher what I’m feeling right now as I’m writing. Certain parts of it are telling me that I’m experiencing the first symptoms of a complex but wonderful emotion called love.

I would love to tell you more (a lot happened today) but my hands are tired. And my head is giving me this buzz that won’t go away. I have to go take a break.

Oh, and by the way, did I mention? Her name is Seo Won. Kim Seo Won. 

----------END-----------

@daydreamsindecember

DAEBAK! Can I have the whole of Han Gil Ro's diary?

and by the way, I am not in a writing frenzy, pwaaaaahhh........ "run away"

Despite the ratings of this drama and other people's opinion, I miss the quirkiness of JooWon as Han GilRo....
It's just... I love him as GilRo...
I feel that GilRo's character is so cool...
Well, just suddenly miss this drama... ;))

Fan Fiction - My Diary (Han Gil Ro's Romance Edition) 

8095b9fe-167d-4415-9f2a-4ecd2db44ca3_zps

Entry 2

Hello, I’m back. Like I was saying earlier, it had been an eventful day.  A day where I discovered truths and also learnt a few lessons of my own.  Where did I left off?  Ah, I talked about Kim Seo Won didn’t I?

When she stepped into the ballroom in that white gown, it was frankly quite astonishing. I could hardly recognize her in a different hairdo and full makeup. It was as if I had an epiphany.  Amidst the numerous catcalls I felt a slight thrill pass through my body.  Bells sounded in my ear. Kim Seo Won! Wow! She looked resplendent.  The strange thing was, no other woman had caught my eye except her.  Was I…perhaps, interested? Me? Interested in that snotty woman?  One with zero femininity throughout every fiber of her being?  These thoughts dissolved the moment I caught her and Mr. Annoying making googly eyes at each other.  Gong Do-Ha that fella! He always HAS to compete with me in everything! I waited around deliberating if I should approach Seo Won but that woman avoided my gaze. Instead she turned towards Gong Do-Ha and the two exchanged smiles as he walked towards her. I nearly gagged watching their flirtatious banter. I was not going to let this go. Definitely not I, Han Gil-Ro. So I made my bold move and decided on a confrontation.

My ruse was pretty clever, wasn’t it? It was such a crack to see irritation swell up within them. If there’s anything people should know is that 1) Han Gil-Ro never gives up without a fight and 2) Han Gil-Ro is as persistent as a hardy cockroach.  I have to tell you, I had a difficult time holding my smugness in. Take that, Mr. Annoying.

On a serious note, I do have to confess. The woman is constantly on my mind these days. Like a chess player I seek to know and understand her every move. I get angry when I see her, but even more so when I do not. See? I told you she drives me crazy.  Which sane woman would work her a*ss off at multiple part time jobs to support her family and even offer to buy a plough with her paychecks at NIS? Let’s not even mention the car; how would she have any money for herself? I could not help but feel indignation after overhearing the phone conversation. How could I have not after witnessing the tears?  Sadly, my attempts to advise later were disregarded and my well intentions accused of being shallow.

I know deep down that Seo Won detests my presence around her; the misunderstandings between us still shrouded thickly like fog. I can still remember how she shrank back at my touch, unwilling to even face me. It was like dancing with a headless statue. What good is useless pride when it does not feed you?  Was I wrong to have said what I said? It is the truth - albeit harsh, but a reality. 

Yet, when I was shot a look of distaste and ended up dumped on the dance floor, a part of me was not so sure anymore. 

What was that dull ache I felt? 

-------------END--------------

Guest marjorielacusong

@daydreamsin,
Your Fan Fiction diary of Han Gil Ro is interesting.Hope you could make your Entry 3 soon.
Thanks!
;)) ;;);))

Guest marjorielacusong

@daydreamsin...
Pls. take your time. I can wait whenever you're free to do your update.I'll just visit this thread every now and then, fighting! :D 

Guest awesomemicaela

Support this couple at http://thatssodrama.wordpress.com/index/2013-korean-drama-couples/level-7-civil-servant/  !! Think Sun Mi and Do Ha are better than the main couple? Ship the second lead? You can even ship the 3rd leads (JJ/Woo Jin & Mi Rae!) all at this blog that with your support will become a proper website that aims to grow alongside soompi! Please do leave comments! Thank you :)

Guest adikkeluangman

BdxzKwJCEAA_CYK.jpg

チャンソン(2PM)出演ドラマ「7級公務員」のスペシャルイベント無事に終了!皆さん楽しめましたか?お越し頂きありがとうございます。チャンソンも皆さんからたくさんのパワーを貰いました^^これからも俳優チャンソンを応援宜しくお願いします!pic.twitter.com/hkJu7ipjOO

— JYPnation in Japan (@JYPE_JAPAN) 

January 12, 2014

Guest marian1985

hi does anyone here know the song the female lead (choi kang-hee) was singing while their class was drinking in episode 4?

Guest amze_dinara_stv

Hi! Good drama

Guest adikkeluangman

This sure bring back memories.