[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest alysanne

@ctfrsgp: LOL. I remember some news a few months ago that casting directors are also having a hard time looking for really good ACTORS from JW's age range (someone at par with people like JW or Kim Soo-hyun) because a good number of them are in the army.  

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ctfrsgp: LOL. I remember some news a few months ago that casting directors are also having a hard time looking for really good ACTORS from JW's age range (someone at par with people like JW or Kim Soo-hyun) because a good number of them are in the army.  

@alysanne hee... Tatz good news for our cutie isnt it? \:D/

As @mrdimples said Joo Won is obviously KBS's golden boy. He debuted only 2 years ago and they cast him as a lead in their most grand drama of the year? He debuted only 2 years ago and he already became a permanent member of a national variety show? I'd say that's pretty rare to see. Some people don't appear on variety shows even after 5-6 years after their debut.
I wonder how KBS feel about letting him go to MBC. Obviously, they won't talk about it on 1N2D... like when he was shooting Gaksital they always teased him with "Gaksital will never forgive you" :D :D 
Cutie said he always discussed his casting offers with his agency thoroughly and Sim Entertainment is considered to be one of the best agencies for actors.So let's wait and see. At least I'm sure he's going to enjoy himself playing a dorky secret agent :D I want to see a lot aegyo!!!

@mrdimples, I agree with aisling. I don't think his agency would make a move for Joo Won career wise and burn bridges. Anyway Joo Won was casted for Lee Hwon in MBC's The Moon That Embraces the Sun [luckily he didn't do it in the end] so this "move" over to MBC won't come as a surprise to KBS. If Joo Won wants to act for a long long time, I'm pretty sure he's wise enough to push aside a good script rather than burn bridges now. Good scripts are hard to come by but will always be present but it's not that easy surviving in this industry. 

@aisling @mrdimples @mojobobo @aemi @alysanne I hav jus read tat YEH has declined the role in I Miss You. Not sure how accurate news is but it ignites a little flame of hope in me :D :\"> BTW, YEH will turn 29 tomorrow. Tat makes her jus 3 yrs older than cutie. Not too big a gap.

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/10/01/i-miss-you-still-looking-for-leading-lady-as-yoon-eun-hye-reportedly-declines/

Guest alysanne

@ctfrsgp: Hrmmm. Okay, if she gets considered and cast for this series, it's gonna be verryyyyyy interesting, to be sure.  At least she does have the talent and experience we need for JW's leading lady.

sunshine4ever said: Guys what's all this Jo In Sung vs. Joo Won? I like them both and they're both my favorite actors. Hic hic. Anyway, I guess I have to face it if both Secret Lovers and That Winter, The Wind Blows are airing at the same time. :D But the drama didn't even start yet why worry? I would not want to see another actress who acted  similar role to be casted again.

@ctfrsgp: Hrmmm. Okay' date=' if she gets considered and cast for this series, it's gonna be verryyyyyy interesting, to be sure.  At least she does have the talent and experience we need for JW's leading lady.[/quote']

@alysanne She's my 1st choice. Letz pray very hard ^:)^

@aisling, yes Joo Won was actually casted as Lee Hwon but then because the MBC people thought of him as a KBS boy, they relegated him to Yang Myun but then Ojakgyo got extended so Joo Won had to leave that and then we got Gaksital [best career move ever. Someone up there is watching over this guy!!] 
I think @mrdimples or @sunshine4ever or @lyra_brillantez has the youtube link of that news. 

An so looking forward to this. I missed his smiles and his winks and I'm hoping that this secret agent is going to do the song and dance routine here too, like he did in BM. And the female lead, please please be someone young and fresh (like JSY) and not some older actresses trying to look cute and young as in Kim TH!

class="headline"Actor Joo Won confirmed for MBC TV drama ‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’By Korea Star Daily | Kpop Fighting – 16 hours ago

RELATED CONTENT

• [*]
Joo Won

Joo Won

Actor Joo Won has confirmed his participation in drama ‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’.

A representative from Joo Won’s management agency, Sim Entertainment, revealed on September 28th, “After starring in KBS 2TV drama ‘Bridal Mask’, Joo Won has now confirmed his participation for a new drama where he will play a stylish and mysterious intelligence agent.”

‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’ is scheduled for broadcast in January 2013 through MBC TV, and will see Joo Won cast as the male lead, Gil Lo.

The drama is an adaptation of the 2007 film ‘Level 7 Civil Servant’ which starred Kim Ha Neul and Kang Ji Hwan. The rom-com-thriller sees a regular guy date a woman not knowing that she is actually an undercover secret agent. Things get complicated when the guy gets recruited himself to become a super spy, and hilarious events occur as they try to keep their secret identities under wraps.

The drama will focus on the love, friendship, and all kinds of funny events and skirmishes that happen to the new generation of secret agents in an organization.

Joo Won’s character, Gil Lo, was heavily influenced since he was young by the 007 James Bond film series. He aspires to be a secret agent himself when he grows up, and strives hard to realize his dream. Thanks to his dad who becomes rich overnight, Gil Lo lived a comfortable life since he was born, and treats everyone nicely. He is a perfect example of a city mannered guy with his good looks as well. After getting recruited as an intelligence agent, he strives hard to solve all kinds of sticky situations.

But contrary to expectations, Gil Lo isn’t the normal stereotypical intelligence agent that you imagine to be. He thinks unconventionally and will meet with lots of obstacles in his work. But he will soon grow into his role to become a top secret agent. Joo Won will be showing off a vastly different image from what he is usually associated from his past works.

Through his new drama, Joo Won will show off his brand new charisma that only he can pull it off. Joo Won has received much love from viewers thanks to his dramas like ‘Bridal Mask’, ‘Ojakgyo Brothers’, and ‘King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo’, and he will once again display his outstanding acting ability through ‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’, and cement his position in the industry. After his stirring role in ‘Bridal Mask’, he will be starring as an innocent sentimental guy in his new drama.

The production company behind ‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’, Apple Tree Production, expressed, “Planning for ‘Secret Battle of Man and Woman’ begun in 2010. We discussed with the original film writer, Chun Sung Il, about making it into a drama and then begun planning for it. It took us 2 years of planning before we decided to go into filming. We have high expectations for our leading man, Joo Won, and we believe that he will do justice to the drama with his acting and image.”

1493-12669.jpg

from Yahoo OMG Philippines

link to news

Hi all  :D I haven't posted on this thread yet, so I am taking this opportunity to say hi by posting here a soompi article, which confirms, that Joowon was casted in Secret Lovers.

Credit: Soompi News

class="content-title" Joo Won Shifts to Romantic Comedy in New Spy Role Joo Won Shifts to Romantic Comedy in New Spy Role

Joo Won goes from one spy role to the next. Just after wrapping “Bridal Mask,” in which he played the lead character, local news agencies report the actor taking on another spy character. This time, however, Joo Won challenges himself with romantic comedy.

Reports said he is cast in “Secret Lovers,” a drama based on the premise of the movie “Level 7 Civil Servant,” which starred Kang Ji Hwan and Kim Ha Neul as lovers and spies hiding their identity from each other.

Joo Won’s character in “Secret Lovers” is described as someone who has decided since he was young to become a spy after watching a James Bond film. His father is rich so he grew up comfortably. He is also characterized by a chic and suave appearance.

“Secret Lovers” is planned for 20 episodes and scheduled to premiere in January.

-edited-
News:
http://www.soompi.com/2012/10/02/joo-won-shifts-to-romantic-comedy-in-new-spy-role/

Annyeong everyone :)

Cant wait to see Joo Won in a drama again. I can picture him looking dashing, gorgeous and handsome in a Spy Suit. In fact, hes already looked so hot and dashing as Gaksital.

Will haunt this thread for the upcoming drama :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Dear all Bridal Mask, Moat, and Garden friends,

Because I really do wish to maintain a whole collection of news for this drama. I hope it is not too troublesome for you if you can drop me a private message after you posted your news and give me the URL to your news? For example, this is what coolreborn just posted on this thread and I went to go to her profile to find the post because I needed it to put for the news to be linked there.

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25255576/#Comment_25255576

If you could please cut & paste the url on your browser once you posted your news (once you posted your post your url will appear on top of browser) you can help me a lot from having to come to your profile to do it. Will you please help me out?  Or if possible you can tag me in your news post (you can edit your news' post and include the url, once I edited, I'll let you know via this thread).

Lately I have been working a lot on weekdays and so when I get home my eyes get blurry and confused. I am so sorry if you wrote anything to me in this thread and I couldn't reply to you. If you know me during Bridal Mask days you will know I will not be able to to catch on. ^^ But please know that I'll always be happy if you want me to add anything to post 1 later in the future, so please private message me. <3

-edit-
Please go to see page 1, post 1 to see what I mean about linking the news article. :) I just edited and added one news only. Will catch on. ^^ Can't wait for the confirmation of the female lead!

I am putting this here because it showed his reason for wanting to act in a romantic drama which I suppose this upcoming drama is. And he said he doesn't understand women well. Hope his new partner will kick his a** LOL

I Love Sportswear. I am Boring and also not Handsome

e73232292df5e0feac11f9865c6034a85fdf72dc

Joo Won, the ordinary looking but extraordinary actor

He is an actor who does not need to dress up and yet he shines brightly in both appearance and acting skills. Possessing flower boy good looks and a charming smile, every word he says carries weight. Is that why his acting is so great? We do not need to compare him with those more experienced actors, because Joo Won being the “strongest among his peers” is making major strides in his acting career.

Nothing, not the wind nor the rain can stop Joo Won's progress. Debuting in the 2010 Baker King Kim Tak Gu whose ratings shot over 45% followed by Ojakgyo Brothers which had a ratings of almost 40%. It is not only numbers but Joo Won’s matured acting which stood out in the audience’s eyes and gradually entered their hearts. Compared to his earlier works, the recent Bridal Mask which although had lower ratings, it more than adequately showcased Joo Won’s growth as an actor.

The first question we asked when we met Joo Won was “Is your voice all right?” In Bridal Mask, there were many scenes that required shouting so we were worried. “It did change a little for the worse because it was a character who could not control his emotions. That’s why I just let it all out.” When we heard Joo Won spoke about the state of his voice, we were shocked that in in such a condition, he could still display such outstanding acting skills.

Not just shouting, there were a lot of action scenes that exact a physical toil on the body. At the end of an emotional crying scene, his hands and feet will become numb. His love lines with Mok Dan were also the envy of many. The role of Lee Kangto which he played, was not an easy one.

“After Bridal Mask, I let go(laughs). I need to let go of everything in order to act out perfectly all the different expressions and emotions of Lee Kangto. When I saw the script, my lines had the most exclamations,  so when I act, I needed to substantiate myself with the right feelings. Especially those two consecutive days of filming the death scenes of ‘hyung’ and ‘mother’, it was very distressing and difficult.”

Joo Won said “After the scene, my hands and feet went numb, even breathing was difficult.” Even though he threw his entire self into the act, there were some regrets. At the time of acting, he felt he had done his best, however later, he discovered there were much that was not adequate. It is probably natural for an actor to think this way.

“When I was filming, I will tell myself not to be like this. But because I did not sleep well, my physical energy and mental strength also declined. Hence there were many details that I neglected. When I was acting those emotional scenes, I concentrated fully. But in the smaller scenes, I did not invest much of my experience into it. This is the part that makes me regret. “

Normally, Joo Won loves to wear sportswear, he does not like to dress up. It came to a point where his stylist banned him from wearing sportswear. However as an actor, Joo Won is totally different. “Although I am not sure if it’s right or wrong, but (as an actor) if I do not adequately express my own ideas, I will became very sensitive. If I do not perform well, I will be mad.”

We wonder if this is the reason for his rapid growth? Joo Won said “After each piece of work is over, I honestly felt my own progress.”

3 dramas, 3 different roles. His choice may be a reflection of his desire towards acting. Joo Won said “When I look at the role, first I will see if it is attractive, and if the plot has twists and turns, that will be even better. Up till now, all the roles that I have played are characters who have a lot of pain and suffering buried in their hearts, I pity them that’s why I made the choice.”

Joo Won chooses to act in romance, setting himself the next challenge.

“I want to act in a romantic love drama. When I started acting, I already felt that acting romantic love scenes are the most beautiful and also the most difficult. For man, of all emotional expressions, the expression of love should be the most difficult. Although I can’t wait to act but there must be time to prepare. To me, love is the most difficult, moreover I also do not really understand a woman’s heart(laughs).”

It may not be fitting to describe Joo Won as lanky and tall, sturdily built and having a pure innocent manga face of a protagonist. But these word will not be enough if we were to describe him when he is completely immersed in acting.

"I am not the type who is very dashing in appearance. Moreover, I am not interesting, nor handsome, I look more ordinary than anyone else.” Joo Won added. Although we could not agree, but since he emphasized so many times, we will just it slip. But there is one thing which not matter what is said, we will not compromise. It is that he is indeed an extraordinary actor.

Chinese translation:  baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: nocutnews

-question on my mind- how is he going to prepare himself to act in this upcoming romantic drama with regards to expressing love? 

Guest alysanne

^^Oh, dear boy, you are most definitely NOT ordinary. He reminds me of LSG, who contends that even his manager is more handsome than he is.  :P

@aisling @mrdimples @mojobobo @aemi @alysanne I thought YEH looks beautiful in the pics in tis post (sorry i cant post the pics with my mphone).

http://www.soompi.com/2012/03/12/yoon-eun-hye-goes-back-to-school-enrolls-as-grad-student/

Now then I know YEH is oso one of those few female artistes who pursue higher education and even surprising tat she chose film production like Goo Hye Sun who has alrdy made her directorial debut and showcased a couple of her works. GHS is one of the few really talented korean female artistes whom I hold high regards for. She is a painter and a published author too, though her acting skills not so good :D

Archived