[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

BAzEEyPCcAExllK.jpg:large

718701054.jpg?key=585403&Expires=1358417

"Among the many new agents, the one and only agent recruited through special employment."

To live and die at one's own country.
An agent from the National Intelligence Service whose love is only meant for his country and not women.

He applied for NIS with the intention to serve his country and passed through with his background as a soldier from the special forces.

Despite the fact that he personally thinks he's the strongest agent out there, he's not given any special treatment by anybody at NIS thus hurting his pride.

Though he looks down on the other agents who doesn't even carry a strong patriotism and eager comradeship, Seowon (Choi Kang Hee's character) was different.
He somehow felt attached to her and felt like he should do something for her, as if he should protect her.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mgrin87c8h1rzisq4o1_500.jpg

7th Civil Servant:gongdoha’s profile

Can't wait <3

Doha fan-art

tumblr_mgqt0sGJEA1r3dbnco1_500.jpg

@ iskiko

@mrdimples

OMG me too, I'm really looking forward to Chan & Joowon in the BTS since
they have already started their bromance even before the drama airs lol

and yes Joowon aegyo and pyong are awesome to the max <33  *1N2D*
but Chansung's aegyo is really different lol
I think he really doesn't know how to act as an aegyo maknae at all kekeke

Aegyo Chansung's Victims !

Chansung's hyungs forcing him to do aeygo lol 

mrdimples said: @Bati
I am so loving the exchanges between Chansung and Joo Won. I don't know much about Chansung but I read on Dramabeans in someone's comment that Chansung is another aegyo boy. Is that true? Awwwww................ I'd really love to see their BTS. Usually Joo Won is the maknae and recently when I saw Chansung's tweet when he called Joo Won hyung, it's just so cute. 

I just read that "I Miss You" ended with around 11% in viewership. I have not been looking at the figures among the 3 stations for the Wed-Thurs slot. This is surprising to me. I know the show took melo to a high but I thought the popularity of Yoochun and YEH should have done much better? 
I am just curious about how 7G will fare, not that I am crazy about ratings but below 10% will be difficult to stomach. I think the problem is I don't really understand Korean audience. I thought they had a penchant for melos but 'I Miss You' proved me wrong. 'Jeon Woo Chi' is leading the pack although it does not seem very popular with overseas fans. 
7G is going to face Jeon Woo Chi and the Great Seer first before IRIS2 and The Wind....If it hits above 10% on debut, I'll heave a sigh of relief. If it does around 15%, I'll be very impressed. I also hope that by the time the 2 new dramas starts, 7G will have picked up more momentum and build a base of viewership. It really depends on the script because I have faith in the actors. Even CKH whom I am not fond of, seems popular and known for her comic acting in Korea. 
I am getting ahead of myself but just imagine how awesome it will be if 7G can wallop IRIS2 with Jang Hyuk and his bunch of deadly serious agents(or are they seriously 'dead', sorry cannot get the all black attire impression out of my mind) and give audience plenty of laughter as opposed to so much melo on the Wind which will feature heavyweights Jo In Sung in his comeback. 
I hope CKH will be as successful in this drama as she was in Protect the Boss which despite competing with the immensely popular The Princess Man, managed to hit above 15%. This time round, from the looks of it, IRIS2 seems to be the Top Dog. IRIS was so popular hitting above 30% but Athena was a let down. Still, it pulled in mid tens. And there are still fans of IRIS. 
Well, let's see if Agent Han Gilro and Agent Kim SeoWon are successful in their mission. Come quickly 23rd!

6f061d950a7b02083965ea2b62d9f2d3562cc848

This is the chinese translation of the character description on the MBC site. I am only translating the introduction and the description on Han Gilro(the rest are already as we know) as it had more than I expected and know so far. I had been wondering what kind of secrecy the 2 lead characters have when they already know each other as colleagues and trained together. The description here sheds light on how the plot will develop
**********************************************************************************************

Everything is a Secret

National Intelligence Service Agents

Han Gilro and Kim Seowon

Although they are in love with each other, but every word that comes out of their mouth is a lie.

Is such a romance possible?

Let’s witness the journey of how this impossible love becomes a possible love.

From Rookie Agents to Elite Agents

Possessing the qualities of special agents and the qualities of lovers

The Arrogant Agent Who Dreams of Becoming James Bond- Han Gilro

His biggest goal is “Enjoy Life”

His life changed when he watched the movie 007 as a child.

In order to become National Intelligence Service agent, Gilro learns all kinds of attacks, combat, extreme sports, physical education and car racing. But because he did not do well in his studies, he failed to pass the test.

Finally on his 3rd try, Gilro enters the National Intelligence Service, only to meet with Seo Won who is always at loggerheads with him.

From always fighting and bickering with each other, their relationship gradually turns for the better.

However Gilro is expelled from the agency, making him feel that there is nothing else that he can look forward to and nothing that he could achieve. At this time, his former trainer, Won Suk extends a helping hand to him, explaining that his expulsion was a cover to execute a secret mission. 

chinese translation: minidadalove on Joo Won Bar Baidu

Twitter Update

MBC drama pd KIM JIHYUN  "L7CS" First broadcast! 1/23 at 9:55PM. Gil Ro is acting like Gil Ro while Doha is acting like Doha! A proof shot
of them being completely immersed in their characters. Their expressions really follow after their names :)  @ JOOWON  @ CHAN

BA2cFw_CcAAG6LQ.jpg

CHAN  @ JOOWON @ KIM JIHYUN  Fighting!!

@ W2Dtranslations

I like this PD keke

@coolreborn

hahaha OMG you're awesome
loved your cast map even the ? and the !  keke

@mrdimples

I know, I'm really surprised that 'I miss you' got those kind of ratings, I thought it would be much higher
but I actually never knew what are the korean standards for the perfect drama to watch
the rating always surprise me cuz not every high-rating drama have got me hooked,
it really does differ from international and korean people's point of view ><

@Ichy_ok

I think Chan shows the most aegyo on stage with these kind of songs here keke
I'm waiting for more BTS ><
but I think they aren't going to give us anything till the drama ends lol

I am not sure if I should say this......well, I am not one to keep quiet about things. Here goes....
Why do I have the feeling that this thread is kinda of quiet? It was roaring away when it first started even though part of it was fuelled by the sometimes heated exchanges over the casting of the female lead. But it seemed to have quieten down a lot. I, too am guilty of not being on this thread as much as I would like so I know my contribution is dismal. What surprised me is that  recent as days ago, I get people who private message me to say they are afraid to speak up on this thread. I understand where they are coming from. I am not the moderator but I think we should start on a clean slate and (sticking my neck out here) let's post freely to add vibrancy and most importantly have fun. 
7th Level Civil Servant is a light-hearted romantic comedy. I don't expect to analyse or debate much about this drama the way I did on Bridal Mask. But it simply means an enjoyment of another kind. Dramas are to me a kind of escape from the real world. Since, this is a rom-com, I expect to have side-splitting laughter and lots of fun posts. My funny bone has been dormant here and I certainly hope to find it again. 
Less than 5 days to the drama! Counting down, yeah? 7G Hwaiting!!!
How Not To Be Excited When You See This? 20130117_204840_zps87ee0451.jpg
post by @stearly on Joo Won threadsource: DC inside

Bati said:
Twitter Update

MBC drama pd KIM JIHYUN  "L7CS" First broadcast! 1/23 at 9:55PM. Gil Ro is acting like Gil Ro while Doha is acting like Doha! A proof shot
of them being completely immersed in their characters. Their expressions really follow after their names :)  @ JOOWON  @ CHAN

CHAN  @ JOOWON @ KIM JIHYUN  Fighting!!

@ W2Dtranslations

I like this PD keke

@coolreborn

hahaha OMG you're awesome
loved your cast map even the ? and the !  keke

@mrdimples

I know, I'm really surprised that 'I miss you' got those kind of ratings, I thought it would be much higher
but I actually never knew what are the korean standards for the perfect drama to watch
the rating always surprise me cuz not every high-rating drama have got me hooked,
it really does differ from international and korean people's point of view ><

@Ichy_ok

I think Chan shows the most aegyo on stage with these kind of songs here keke
I'm waiting for more BTS ><
but I think they aren't going to give us anything till the drama ends lol

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before.....I extracted this from asianwiki
Korean title "7Keup Kongmuwon" means literally "7th level civil servant" - in Korea ranking of public servants starts from 9th (lowest) on down to 1st (highest).
So our civil servants are quite at the bottom of the rung. Why not 9th? I wonder who is at 9th? Well, 7th is good, it is also a play on 007 which Han Gilro is enamoured with. 

mrdimples said: I am not sure if I should say this......well, I am not one to keep quiet about things. Here goes....
Why do I have the feeling that this thread is kinda of quiet? It was roaring away when it first started even though part of it was fuelled by the sometimes heated exchanges over the casting of the female lead. But it seemed to have quieten down a lot. I, too am guilty of not being on this thread as much as I would like so I know my contribution is dismal. What surprised me is that  recent as days ago, I get people who private message me to say they are afraid to speak up on this thread. I understand where they are coming from. I am not the moderator but I think we should start on a clean slate and (sticking my neck out here) let's post freely to add vibrancy and most importantly have fun. 
7th Level Civil Servant is a light-hearted romantic comedy. I don't expect to analyse or debate much about this drama the way I did on Bridal Mask. But it simply means an enjoyment of another kind. Dramas are to me a kind of escape from the real world. Since, this is a rom-com, I expect to have side-splitting laughter and lots of fun posts. My funny bone has been dormant here and I certainly hope to find it again. 
Less than 5 days to the drama! Counting down, yeah? 7G Hwaiting!!!
How Not To Be Excited When You See This? 

post by @stearly on Joo Won threadsource: DC inside

Archived