OFFICIAL KANG♥DAN COUPLE THREAD ~ Joo Won ♥ Jin Se Yeon

Micheru

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jooseyeon4ever

Aera said: jooseyeon4ever said: WOWWW. THEIR PICTURES ARE SOOO AMAZINGG! THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER. That's all i can say right now.. can't think straight because of the cuteness overload. Joowon seems to be more aegyo in this collection, and so is Seyeon. WOw. I miss this couple so muchh!  OH MY GOODNESS> II'm soo annoyed at Joowon's new drama. I mean I like the villains, but not the lead girl. Also, the male lead' character is starting to get on my nerves. TWTWB Is sooo good. I don't understand why a rom-com cannot be delivered with the same sleekness as this drama. I mean. Sure, it's a rom-com, so we're not supposed to  be too emotional about it, but it would be nice if there was some depth to the characters. the only characters i like right now are the villains and gilro's dad. *sigh* I really want to watch bridal mask again. They have soo much chemistry and Mokdan is so adorable, the way she's sometimes a hardass freedom fighter who isn't afraid to fight dirty (lol, poking Kangto in the eyes) and how she becomes a shy teenager when she's talking to Gaksital. And personally, I really liked the forest kiss. Some people may not think Jin Se Yeon did the best job, but I think she did very well. The girl was confused and her feelings were messed up. She's in love with the guy she hates. She doesn't want to refuse his kiss, but isn't sure if she should return it or not. And kangto's emotions.. You can just see his emotions in his eyes, and the way he tentatively goes in for the kiss. OMGGOMGOMGOMGOGM. I'M FREAKING OUT JUST REMEMBERING THEIR KISS. It was a long kiss, too. I watched the BTS for that scene, and I counted around 10 LOOOOONNNGGGG kisses :) 

Guest jooseyeon4ever

Wow. I've been away for a few months, and I'm impressed by how much this thread has grown. I've been taking a little break from the world of K-Dramas (since there are hardly any good dramas nowadays anyway -.-) and into the world of K-Pop. I am, however, missing the adorableness and giddy feelings that our couple always gives me :) I'm really happy to hear that Joowon has signed a 2-year contract for Edwin. I love his campaign pictures for Edwin, and I would like to see him in something I like, WITH someone I like.  His latest drama has been a big disappointment. I don't think this is due to his acting abilities, however. He gave a stellar performance in the first few episodes of the drama, where the writer was still keeping her head on. I must grudgingly admit that Choi Kang Hee did rather a good job too, during the first few episodes, even though it's still rather unsettling to hear her call Joowon 'oppa.' I could rant about this. OR i could rant about our couple ^^ I'm afraid that I haven't much to contribute to this thread, news-wise, but I am seriously considering rewatching Bridal Mask. I think some of you guys are also rewatcing it currently..? I think one of the things that drew me to the couple the most was the way she hated him in the beginning. I was drawn to Kangto, because he was such a complex character- so soft hearted and noble, and hard working inside, but tough and a player on the outside. And Mokdan- well I admire anyone with guts. I mean, a gutsy heroine, who works for the freedom and liberation of her country and people, and who's not afraid to fight dirty with the hero. And she's beautiful too. What's not to love? And it doesn't hurt, either, that Kangto is drop-dead-gorgeous. I think it's got something to do with the hair. The way it's carelessly tossed to the side, but yet perfect all the same-- yeah, he's hot. AND after he turned into Gaksital, he was still hot as ever. I mean, I could recognize the well-cut lips and the nose and the smoottthhhhh skin. The guy under the mask at the end of episode 18 was so OBVIOUSLY not Kangto. Every time he fought someone, I feared for his life. Like there was always this nagging doubt in my mind that a bullet would somehow hit him. I was scared as hell when Kinpei cut him with that huge sword! And then Mokdan finds out who he is, and the scene is shot in a pretty field of pink flowers, with the two lovebirds wearing soft colors of white and blue, sunlight streaming down, and you can just see how beautiful they both look, but you're not sure if they're just extra beautiful in that scene because of the extra happiness or if they're normally like that. Aside from the gorgeous leads of the drama, there are the side characters, who are almost as awesome, if not as awesome, as the main characters. You've got the beautiful ice princess Rie, whose bodyguard is in love with her but she's too busy pining away for the guy who saved her life, and she realizes he's the enemy she came to kill. Decisions, decisions. Then there's the hero's ex-best friend. Their brothers were killed each others' family members. And they both love the same guy. I mean they're all intertwined together by some intriguing past. i'm gonna cry again, just remembering Shunji. The ending.. i hesitate to say whether I liked it or disliked it. I obviously didn't want Mokdan to die..... but other than that, the ending was SO. GOOD. Shunji dies in his own way, because he realizes that he's twisted himself to such a point of evil that he's beyond recognition, and decides to end the monstrosity he created, himself. Of all the endings, I like Rie's the best. It left such a deep impression on me. After living for so long with pretty jewelry, flashy clothes, and makeup, as part of the Japanese nobility, we see her leave, in a dimly lit background, wearing dark, simple clothes with not too much makeup and a simple pin in her hair, with a single suitcase. She takes her suitcase and looks back at Katsuyama, and reveals her Korean identity to the first person in many years. She repeats it, to make sure he understands, and then turns back, and walks off into the darkness without a glance back, unsure about where to go, but with a confident step, Katsuyama smiles for the first time in the drama, and we realize that they both know that this is not the end. Their worlds have been turned upside down and everything that they cared about and that mattered was gone, but they could move forward from here. They weren't finished, and they would continue to fight for what they believe and create a better world for themselves and the future generations.  

Guest jooseyeon4ever

Aera said: finally you're back @jooseyeon4ever  :D
ehe I just found this bts after you mention about it here :))
this bts vid is clearer right? ;))

Hi again, everyone!
Welcome to the new comers (if there are) and hello to the oldies here!
So, you might not be aware of this but just like you, guys, I also love doing screencaps of our beloved drama, Bridal Mask.
I'm gonna post some of them and hope you like them. ;))

KangDan fanfic based on Gaksital episode 17 (when Mok Dan unmask Kang To  :x )by mrdimples *thanks dear! ^^

He could feel the warm blood trickling down his leg. His body has stopped trembling. All he feels now is extreme fatigue, his consciousness ebbing. Images flashed before his eyes, he wonders if he is hallucinating, maybe this is the moment a man experiences before he dies.

The sticks beat relentlessly down his scrawny back, blows after blows rain on his arms and legs as he curled into a ball, his rickshaw turned on its side. Yet he pleads: “Please don’t take all my money. My mother is sick and I need to buy medicine and proper food for her.” But his cries are ignored as they tried to wrestle the cash from him.

Blood trickles down his forehead as the world spins around him. Vegetables, shoes came hurling straight at him “Die! You Japanese Mutt! Traitor, Die!” His mother slaps him: “How am I to face your father and tell him I have raised a son like you?”

His mother lying lifeless on the bedding. “Um-ma, can you wake up? I have changed, you can be proud of me now. Can you open your eyes?”

Hyung jumping up and down in excitement: “Kangto-ah, come and play with me” “Hyung? You are alive? This is all a bad dream, right? I dreamt that you were Gaksital, I dreamt that I…..I shot you. It was just a nightmare. You are still an idiot but it’s ok, you are alive, that’s more important than anything else in this world. What are you doing? Why are you putting on that mask? Nooooo!”

“It was you, Kang To. You are Gaksital, you killed my hyung.” Shunji snarled as he pointed his gun at him.

Boon Yi, with tears streaming down her face, the tremor in her voice, the anger, the hatred, the disappointment: “The one who caught and tortured me, the one who tried to kill me, is Young Master, that Lee Kang To?”

He cries as these passes through his mind. With each wretched sob, pain shoots up his leg throughout his entire body. “Lee Kangto, you Imperial Japanese mutt, you Joseon’s traitor, you broke your mother’s heart, you killed your hyung, you killed your best friend’s brother, you almost killed the love of your life. Die, Lee Kangto, die, no one will cry for you.”

The horse leaps over a fallen tree in the forest. One hand instinctively grips the rein and the other tightens its hold on the knife. “Boon Yi……………..” his consciousness surges back as thoughts raced through his mind: “Boon Yi…..is she safe? Did they pursue her? Was she injured?” “Gaksital must not die. I still have make good my promise to Boon Yi, to save her father, to the comrades. My promise to protect her till my last breath.” “Goodbye, Boon Yi. Lee Young, your young master is dead. Erase the memory, the disappointment. Just promise me you will stay alive.” His energy fully spent his face slumps forward but the grip on that knife remains.

Mok Dan sits on the tree stump, heart laden with worry. She clasped her hands together into a prayer “Please dear Father in Heaven, let Gaksital live. Please do not let him die. He is my only hope, my savior.” She looked down at the knife sheath which was clasped in her hands. Savior- the boy who sacrificed his life for hers, the one who gave her this knife, the one whom she waited all this while. Lee Kangto’s face appears in her mind. How could her sweet brave young master turned into this monster? Perhaps this is all a setup by Lee Kangto. 

But how does he know all about their past? Maybe he knew the Young Master? Even as she tries to convince herself that it’s all falsehood, she finally knows why Kangto’s face looks so familiar. She has seen it before but couldn’t put her finger to it. In the past, those eyes were spewing hatred and anger. Now, they were full of passion and sadness, the same ones she looked into that fateful day when he besieged her to run and stay alive. And that mouth….yes, yes….she has seen it before…..” More confusion and bewilderment comes rushing back. Mok Dan holds her head and shakes in denial “No, why must Lee Kangto be Young Master?” She looks at the sheath and tears roll down her cheeks. “Goodbye, Young Master. I will always love you. But my love isn’t enough and I’ll have to let you go.”

Just then, she hears the sound of horse neighing and the unmistaken clip clops.  Her heart beats rapidly as she leaps to her feet. Sure enough, the horse comes into sight, trudging towards her with its rider slumped on its back. She gasped at the sight and walks over. Her tears flowed as she looks at the bloodied, unconscious man, his lips a ghastly grey. That mouth…….she has seen it many times but it looked strange to her now. No, it looked too familiar, it can’t be….. She didn’t want to but she couldn’t control herself as her hand move forth to take off the mask.

tumblr_m83tkvhMOt1rcyy6mo1_500.gif

gif credit to http://sherryberryx.tumblr.com/post/28524052077

Kangto opens his eyes with great difficulty and sees Mok Dan’s face. “Thank goodness, you are safe. Are you hurt?” He wanted to ask but could not muster the strength to speak. He felt himself drifting into the dark again. But there was something strange about the way she looked. He has seen that look before. Kangto musters all his strength to open his eyes one more time before he sinks back to darkness. Her face. That look. The same one he saw when he told her he is Young Master.  

Mok Dan’s hands tremble as she takes off the mask. No, it cannot be, No! She gasped as she stares at the face of Lee Kangto. Lee Kangto is Young Master? Gaksital is Young Master? Lee Kangto is Gaksital? Mok Dan shakes her head and she shivers uncontrollably as she tries to digest. She remembers Lee Kangto shooting at Gaksital, Lee Kangto fighting with Gaksital in the courtroom, Lee Kangto asking her who is Gaksital. Lee Kangto is Gaksital? She cannot understand, the world she knows crumbles around her. Lee Kangto who tried to kill her was the boy, her savior, her love to whom she gave her heart and waited all these years. Gaksital who saved her so many times, is Lee Kangto? The masked hero, fighter for Joseon is that traitor who tramples on his own people?

“Boon……” barely audible, a groan came from the barely conscious man. She stares at him and lowers her gaze to his hand. The knife, the one Young Master gave her. Hot tears welled up in her eyes again as she beholds the sight in front of her. Her heart feels as if it has been ripped apart. She looks at the man, the love of her life whom she waited all these years, the boy who pleaded with his father to take her in, the boy who shared his food with her, the boy who shielded her body as they tumbled down the snowy slopes, the boy who wrapped his body round her to give her warmth, the boy who gave his precious possession for her to keep, the boy who sacrifice his life for her, the boy became the man who risked his life to save her once more. 

He looked so innocent, so vulnerable, so sad, so lonely, is this the real Lee Kangto? Just as she peels off the numerous masks in her ‘face changing’ performance, the real Mok Dan is revealed in the final act. So underneath the Japanese uniform, behind the Gaksital mask, this is the real….. “Lee Kangto” Mok Dan says aloud, trying to convince herself. At this moment, Kangto stirs, he hears his name. Someone is calling him, reminds him of his mother. So soft, so gentle.  He opens his eyes and sees Mok Dan’s face, covered in tears. He struggles to get up, he must tell her to go to a safe place and hide so that they won’t find her. “Kangto...” Mok Dan says his name again. Kangto jolts up, what did she call him? Then he sees the mask in her hands and his hand shot up to his face. No….the mask! He must explain to her, he must. He climbs down the horse and his knees buckle as he touched the ground, sending a sharp pain up his thigh. He almost blacked out from the agony and drops into Mok Dan’s arms. He wills himself to stand straight, mustering every ounce of his strength and say: “I am sorry, Boon Yi, I really am. But there is no time. Run now, go. Leave this place. Don’t worry, I will save your father, I promise you. Just stay alive. Please” He places the knife in her hands, tears streaming down his face as he looks at her.

Mok Dan stands rooted to the ground, her heart aches so much that she could hardly breathe. She looks at this man, barely standing, his clothes shredded to ribbons, the white stained red, his lips trembling and those tear filled eyes, the same ones which she had found strange of late, now she understands why. There are many questions in her head, many things she cannot comprehend but she knows one thing – this man, this Lee Kangto, who has kept his promise to her, whose feelings never change, who is willing to put his life down for her again and again. This is Lee Kangto, who loves her.

She steps forward and embrace him. Kangto is startled and starts to pull away from her. “Boon Yi, I…..” Mok Dan pulls him back into her arms, “Sssh….Kangto, say no more” Kangto convulses into deep sobs as he hugs her back this time. Finally, they pull apart, eyes affixed on each other, as if they are seeing each other for the very first time, seeing each other in a new light. Then, he steps in and kisses her like he always has in his dreams this past 13 years.

tumblr_m86i7hqXl31r0td7go1_500.jpg

tumblr_m86i7hqXl31r0td7go2_250.gif tumblr_m86i7hqXl31r0td7go3_250.gif

tumblr_m86i7hqXl31r0td7go4_250.gif tumblr_m86i7hqXl31r0td7go5_250.gif

gifs credit to http://peciitis.tumblr.com/post/28624518706

tumblr_m8bw9eZ7bO1rcyy6mo1_500.gif

credit to http://sherryberryx.tumblr.com/post/28829221791

:x

GUESS WHAT I HAVE?! EDWIN SUMMER CAMPAIGN!!! SCREAM WITH ME NOW, MY SHIPPERS! \:D/

OFFICIAL EDWIN SUMMER 2013 CAMPAIGN PHOTOS (JOO WON ONLY)all photos credit to cafe.daum.net/edwinvmd/2F9n/355
edwinsum13ad.jpgzyj8yw.jpg4tn8kk.jpg2ptxkya.jpg
seriously, i didn't expect Edwin to release pictures so fast. for now, we only have JW's pictures. but so far, the summer campaign looks really pretty. i can't wait for more pictures! :D

Micheru said: GUESS WHAT I HAVE?! EDWIN SUMMER CAMPAIGN!!! SCREAM WITH ME NOW, MY SHIPPERS! \:D/

OFFICIAL EDWIN SUMMER 2013 CAMPAIGN PHOTOScredit to cafe.daum.net/edwinvmd/2F9n/355

seriously, i didn't expect Edwin to release pictures so fast. for now, we only have JW's pictures. but so far, the summer campaign looks really pretty. i can't wait for more pictures! :D

okay... i really need to visit my own thread more. i know i have been neglecting this thread quite a bit. i don't want to make promises i can't keep, so i'll try to be here more often. i have to keep KangDan/JooSeyeon in the hearts of everyone. :)

padme said: I love this couple in BM and Edwin pics

since we're all reminiscing "BM", i'll contribute some fan made videos.

i personally love this song and every KangDan scene in episode 5.
"BRIDAL MASK" MV - GOODBYE DAY
credits to aG0ldenFlower
http://youtu.be/sGaCG5uyPvg

okay, prepare yourselves for a slight heartache, my shippers. be warned... both of the MVs below contain scenes from episode 28. :(
"BRIDAL MASK" MV - SO COLDcredits to AnonBlackkMV
http://youtu.be/b8sCFb576OU

"BRIDAL MASK" - COMING HOME
credits to Tohnochiii

Guest padme

Micheru

wrote:

»

okay... i really need to visit my own thread more. i know i have been neglecting this thread quite a bit. i don't want to make promises i can't keep, so i'll try to be here more often. i have to keep KangDan/JooSeyeon in the hearts of everyone.

:)

<br />

<br />

<br />

padme said:<br />

I love this couple in BM and Edwin pics<br />

<br />

<br />

welcome to JooSeyeon's thread,

@padme

!

:-h

please continue to come back and spazz with us about our favorite 'bear' couple. by the way, i love Natalie Portman. she's so beautiful, inside and out.

:x

Archived