[MANGA/ANIME] Sword Art Online

Guest knockblock

Guest knockblock

24DVZxvoXxKpaNEenYOybNreEOs.jpg

Plot:

In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now...

The story is intriguing. Who is watching this? Thoughts on the series?

Volumes: 2 (Complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59519, 

Sequel: 3 (Complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59519

Novel Adapted: 15 (Ongoing) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51038

Published by: YenPress

Anime Episodes: Season 1: 25 + Season 2: 24 + Film

sword-art-online-oculus-rift-virtual-rea

SAO-fanart-sword-art-online-rp-land-3767

sword_art_online_by_exiled_artist-d5hyf4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xFloOwuffBB

I'm watching it!
Quite frankly I don't support KiritoXAsuna, but since it's canon there's not much room for me to complain.
Also, I feel like the story has progressed quite quickly since the beginning, and so far it's only half way progressed through the amount of episodes the anime is going to last. I felt like the anime went too fast in the beginning, and now it's so slow with filler segments.
AND I dislike the fact that in the beginning they introduced a new character just about every single episode, and they don't return after that (except for Klein).

Guest amycat

I thought it went too fast in the beginning as well, but I like the series. I can relate to a lot of things going on because I used to obsessively play an MMORPG (FFXI). Would you play a game that put you in the game's world?

Guest knockblock

This is a pretty cool series. I'll post my thoughts when I catch up with everything.

Is it just me or are the forums dead? Because things seem pretty quiet around here.

Guest Kallau

Episode 14 came out with the ending to the SAO arc, pretty awesome but I think they ended it too abruptly.. too bad I fell out of love with it when it hit the GGO Arc..

I just finished episode 14 on crunchyroll.  Everything happened so fast, and a lot of expected things occurred (I'm not a veteran to "overused" story plots so some of you may have accurately predicted where the series would go...)
Anyways, I enjoyed the concept of this virtual mmorpg (except for the fact that you can't log out!)
Haha, I wonder if an Asuna-like person exists in this world.
EDIT: found episode 15 somewhere else online and from the looks of the intro (elf ears?!?!) I'm worried about the direction this anime is going

I like this anime. The story caught my attention right away. I love the virtual reality concept, the art, the action. Some moments are emotional enough to make me even tear up a little bit. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

However, I do think the relationship between Kirito and Asuna happened way too fast. It was hard to understand where their feelings came from. The new episodes are also taking a strange turn with ALFheim Online. I guess we'll just have to see how things go!

Guest moo_lah

Gaaaaaah the new arc is annoying me. I'm all for AsunaxKirito but his cousin is annoying me now. Like, WHY? WHY IS SHE THERE? It's weirding me out.

I think I lost most of my attachment to SAO after the end of it, where it ended so abruptly.

^omg i know right >_____< I really hate how the girl is actually Kirito's cousin =__________=the plot was so interesting(near perfect imo) until the new arc. However, it won't make me stop watching this anime(it's still addicting). 

this arc isn't that bad, i lost interest in the next arc. I couldn't even start it.. the ending is well worth watching to the end of alfheim :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kerriganton

How did the main character just suddenly began beasting on high level players in the fairy mmorpg.
Didn't he just started the game?

Archived