[Drama 2012] Missing You / I Miss You 보고싶다

Guest DJG

Re: Dramafever Awards

It's a pity that Yoochun was not nominated in the Best Actor Category for I Miss You. He certainly deserves this award!

On the other hand, Congratulations to YEH for winning the Best Actress Category for I Miss You! The public has spoken. They know excellent acting when they see one which unfortunately MBC chose to overlook because they were fixated on the ratings.

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this from New Straits Time website and here is the link.
http://ph.news.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A2KJjb3LIn1R_AcAfEy4Rwx./SIG=1432mjoac/EXP=1367184203/**http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/health/aerial-talk-funny-girl-turns-serious-1.255930?localLinksEnabled=false

In the latest Korean series, I Miss You, Yoon Eun Hye plays a fashion designer with a dark side, writes Nur Aqidah Azizi

.THE first time I saw Korean actress Yoon Eun Hye was in a romantic comedy drama, Lie To Me, with  actor Kang Ji Hwan. In the popular series, she played a clumsy and funny girl whose life changed after she met a rich guy.

Before that, she shot to fame with her brilliant performance in Coffee Prince, in which she played a  tomboy.

I remember laughing hard at Yoon’s comedy scenes and she is said to be among the best comedy actresses in the Korean entertainment scene.

But Yoon displays a different side in the Korean drama I Miss You. She is almost unrecognisable in the new popular series, which is now a hit among local fans.

Playing dual characters Lee Soo-Yeon and Zoe Lou, Yoon is far from her usual happy-go-lucky character. In this show, she  proves what a versatile actress she is.

Her characters are dark and mysterious, making it almost impossible to predict her next step.

I Miss You tells the story of Lee Soo-Yeon, a victim of bullies in school whose friends find out later that she is the daughter of a murderer. To add insult to injury, her mother also succumbs to the emotional pressure, resulting in Soo-Yeon being emotionally abused and abandoned by her own mother.

Then comes the hero, Han Jung-Woo, a rich kid played by Park Yoo-Chun, who falls in love with Soo-Yeon. A tragedy separates them and Soo-Yeon ends up in Paris.

Besides Yoon and Park, I Miss You also features Kim So Hyun, Yeo Jin Goo and Yoo Seung Ho.

The first few episodes are slow-moving as fans are introduced to important characters. But as the series moves to 14 years after Jung-Woo and Soo-Yeon separated, the pace picks up.

Soo-Yeon is now a new person and is known as Zoe Lou, a rookie fashion designer with a bright personality. But no amount of make-up and high end designer clothes can mask her emotional scars and the tragic past which continue to haunt her.

More twists and turns take place as questions begin to surface and conflicts get more complicated. I can’t wait to catch the next episode.

I Miss You is a heavy melodrama, but if you expect to see cute heroes and heroines, you will be disappointed. I Miss You is peppered with romantic elements but  these scenes are not overdone.

Thumbs up to directors Lee Jae-Dong and Park Jae-Beom as well as writer Moon Hee-Jung, for another worthy effort.

Although the series is not spared from controversy as some scenes are deemed provocative, it has still managed to record higher viewer ratings when it aired in South Korea early this year.

And judging by the positive response among local fans, I Miss You is likely to hit another record here although some may find the series too heavy-going.

I think the show offers Korean drama fans a different viewing pleasure — especially those who find the usual teen love stories too cheesy.

With I Miss You, the theme is more mature and the love story more convincing.

Read more: AERIAL TALK: Funny girl turns serious - Health - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/health/aerial-talk-funny-girl-turns-serious-1.255930?localLinksEnabled=false#ixzz2RlQ1Zs5k

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "[NEWS+INFO] 130501 Yoochun fever is not yet over; ‘Missing You’ rates high in the PhilippinesMay 2, 2013 · pvtse

With the success of Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Rooftop Prince, Park Yoochun has managed to carve a niche for himself in the hearts of Filipino viewers.

photo 2013_May_02_life3.jpg

Recently, the former TVXQ band member, who has made the successful transition from KPop Idol to one of Korea’s serious actors, is cementing his street cred with his latest drama, Missing You.

In this heavy drama about two young lovers separated by tragedy and reunited after more than a decade, Yoochun is teamed up with equally popular actress and endorsement model Yoon Eun Hye (Goong, Coffee Prince, and My Fair Lady).

In Missing You, Yoochun and Eun Hye play the role of Julius Han and Joy Lee, respectively. Julius is the son of a wealthy businessman while Joy is the daughter of a man executed for murder. Because of her father, Joy is an outcast in school. Julius befriends Joy and takes it upon himself to defend her from the school’s bullies. They eventually fall in love and promise to never leave each other no matter what.

But one day, Julius is kidnapped by his father’s rivals in business. Keeping true to her promise, Joy tries to intervene and save Julius from his abductors only to be kidnapped as well. The young boy manages to escape but leaves Joy behind. Returning to the warehouse after being rescued by his father’s henchmen, Julius finds Joy gone. A manhunt for the missing girl proves fruitless, leading police to conclude that Joy is dead. But Julius is not convinced and makes it his life mission to look for his missing girlfriend, even after he gets thrown out of his house by his father.

photo 2013_May_02_life4.jpg

Fourteen years later, a grown up Julius is now a homicide detective. He is still on a quest to find Joy, believing that she is still alive.

Meanwhile, Joy, who was rescued and brought to France by the people who had Julius abducted, returns to Seoul as Zoe, an upcoming fashion designer who has a bright personality and a future ahead of her. Little do people know that she has secrets and a dark past.

Julius and Joy cross paths again with Julius hellbent on proving that Zoe is Joy, the girl he loved and the person he has been looking for, and Zoe just as determined to keep the truth from him.

Aired from Monday to Friday at ABS-CBN Primetime Bida, Missing You is another drama to watch out for.

Hallyu star
Before he became an actor, Yoochun was a member of TVXQ, one of the first groups in South Korea that started the Hallyu wave. When three of the members, including Yoochun, left the group in 2009, they formed another group with the name JYJ.

Despite the members’ lawsuit against their former talent agency which kept them from promoting in music shows in South Korea and Japan, JYJ still managed to be one of the popular KPop groups in the world. They even collaborated with Kanye West for their first English album ‘The Beginning” and staged sold-out concerts in South America, a first for a Korean group.

Yoochun also plays the piano and composes songs for JYJ. He wrote the song “I Love You” which was included in “The Beginning” and “Get Out” with his band mate Jaejoong. The song was the carrier single of their second album “In Heaven”.

Award-winning actor
Yoochun started acting when he was still in TVXQ for their Banjun Dramas and little cameos they did for some shows. What set him off as an established actor was when he won numerous recognitions in 2010 such as Best New Actor, Netizens Awards, Most Popular Male Actor, People’s Choice Award, and Outstanding Korean actor from respectable award giving bodies in South Korea for his role as Lee Sun-Joon in Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

For his portrayal of the role of Lee Gak in Rooftop Prince, Yoochun was awarded the Excellence Actor Award in the 2012 SBS Drama Awards. Recently, he won the Popularity Award and Excellence Drama Award for Missing You in the 2012 MBC Drama Awards held earlier this year.

Note: ‘Missing You’ is currently broadcasted in the Philippines by ABS-CBN, and is going strongly in primetime with 13.1% viewership ratings nationwide against ‘Queen In-Hyun’s Man’ (9.2%) and ‘Giant’ (2.5%).

News credit: Manila Standard TodayInfo source: ABS-CBN PRShared by: JYJ3

class="date-header" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; position: relative; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(204, 0, 0); text-transform: uppercase; min-height: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"MAY 02, 2013

[iNTERVIEW] SARAN / 2013.03 - YOO SEUNG HO

유승호
"10대에 쌓아온 것을 20대에 보여주는 배우가 되고 싶어요"무엇보다도 인상적이었던 것이 "눈".
시선을 움직여, 순간적으로 리퀘스트받은 표정을 만들어 냈다.
애절한 남자의 옆모습과 소년스러운 미소가 혼재되어 있는 유승호는, 지금밖엔 볼 수 없을지도 모른다.
Photo/Hirose Yosushi Text/Oshimi Mayumi

카 메라맨의 "애절한 느낌으로"라는 목소리에, 순식간에 웃고있던 얼굴이 변하던 유승호. 그 순간, 훕 하고 숨을 들이마시게 되었다. 한류드라마의 천재 아역으로 그의 이름을 거론하는 사람들이 많을 것이다. 연예계 데뷰의 계기는 어머니가 응모하신 패션잡지의 어린이 모델. 2002년의 영화 [집으로]에서 각광을 받고, [슬픈 연가], [태왕사신기],[선덕여왕] 등 인기있고 주목받는 드라마에 연이어 출연하면서, 한국에서는 '국민남동생'이라며 사랑받은 유승호. 일본에도 여러번 왔었던 것 같다.
"10번정도 방문했지만, 대부분 일때문이었어요. 개인적인 시간이 별로 없었지요. 고등학교 때 제2외국어로 일본어를 배웠기 때문에 혼자 도쿄에 와서 맛있는 음식을 먹거나, 친구들을 사귀거나 하면서 2-3개월 머물고는 싶어요"
라는 달콤한 대답을 해주었다. 7살 때부터 아역배우로 활동하고 있으니까, 처음 만나는 사람이나 장소에 익숙할 것이라고 생각하는데, 설마 긴장하고 있나요?
"예(웃음). 직업 특성상, 감독님으로부터 큐싸인을 받고 연기를 할 때는 긴장하지 않지만, 처음 만나는 사람이나 장소는 좀 어려워요"
라고 솔직하게 얘기해주는 그가 처음 악역에 도전한 작품이 액션 사극 [무사 백동수]. 조선 최고의 협객으로 성장하는 백동수의 라이벌로, "살성"을 갖고 있는 천재 검객 여운을 연기했다.
" 여운이라는 역할은 지금까지의 연기 경험이 있었기에 할 수 있었다고 생각할 정도로 어려운 캐릭터였어요. 어두운 마음 속에는 정의감이 있기도 하고, 복수심이 있기도 했거든요. 서서히 웃는 얼굴을 보여주지 않는 것으로 심경을 표현했어요. 소년에서 어른으로 성장하던 고교시절에 이 작품을 만나서, 정말 좋았다고 생각하고 있어요"
사람을 죽이게 된다는 불길한 "살성" 아래서 태어났기에, 운명에 농락당하는 여운. 유승호 자신은 어떤 별 아래서 태어났다고 생각해요?
"음.. 어렵네요.. 좀 생각해봐도 될까요?"

연상의 여성과는 편하게 지낼 수 있을 것 같아요

그럼, 유승호씨는 여운과 달리 여성에게 스트레이트로 사랑하는 마음을 전할 수 있나요?
" 긴장해서 고백 못해요. 신경을 쓰고 있으면서도 신경을 안 쓰는 척 한다거나, 괜한 참견을 하거나 하지 않을까 (웃음). 동갑이 이상형이긴 하지만, 연상이라면 저보다 여러가지를 알고 있어서, 편하게 지낼 수 있을 것 같아요. 그 때의 기분에 따라 다르긴 하겠지만, 나이와 상관없이 남자로써 여자를 이끌고 싶을 때가 있다면, 여자가 이끌어주길 바랄 때도 있으니까요"
운 동은 좀 자신없지만, 또 다시 [무사 백동수] 같은 액션 사극에 출연하고 싶다고 이야기하는 그가 "남자의 매력"을 보여준 것이 최근 출연한 [보고싶다]. 라이벌 역의 박유천(JYJ). 여주인공인 윤은혜와 함께, 복잡하게 짜여진 러브스토리를 연기하고 있다.
"이 드라마에서 연기하고 있는 형준이는 만나는 사람에 따라 태도가 전혀 달라져요. 비밀이 많은 인물로, 저와는 전혀 닮지 않았어요 (웃음). 현장에서는 박유천씨가 신경을 많이 써주셔서 편하고 즐겁게 촬영하고 있어요"
올해 1월에 한국에서 방송이 종료된 이 작품에서, 배우로써 더욱 빛을 발했다는 높은 평가를 받은 그. 다음 작품을 기대하게 만든 19살의 그는 많은 연예인처럼 대학에 진학하지 않고, 이후 군복무를 하기로 선택했다.
"10 대에는 학생 역할을 많이 했어요. 하지만, 이대로 10대 이미지로부터 벗어나지 않는 것은 좋지 않다고 생각해요. [집으로]에서 갑자기 지금의 저로 변한 것은 아니잖아요. 그동안 10대에 쌓아온 것들을 20대에서 보여주는 배우가 되고 싶어요"
아쉽지만, 여기서 시간이 종료. 마지막까지 대답을 들을 수 없었던 유승호가 갖고 있는 "별"은 많은 사람들을 몰입하게 만드는 "배우별" 일 것이라고 믿으며, 제대의 그 날을 기다리겠습니다.

유승호 1993년8월17 일생. A형. 175cm. 2000년 드라마 [가시고기]의 아역으로 데뷰. 사극[태왕사신기][선덕여왕]과 일본드라마 리메이크작 [공부의신][프로포즈대작전], 그리고 [아랑사또전]등 인기드라마에 출연. 최근 드라마[보고싶다]의 촬영을 끝냈다.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION:saran1.jpg
saran2.jpg
saran3.jpg
saran4.jpg
saran5.jpg
saran6.jpg
saran7.jpg

Guest Marisol1430292519

This dramas has been one of the best drama of Micky Yoochun and had me in tears in almost all the episodes, I was a very good drama to see :)>-  and YOO SEUNG HO Sadden that he join the army too young but glad that he will be out in less than 2yrs and we will be able to see him acting again

id="watch-headline-title" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Yoo Seung Ho. Travel letter

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; "[iNFO] 130506 Yoochun Wins the “Male Popularity Award” for 2013 Baeksang Arts AwardsMay 6, 2013 · rilanna

130506baeksang.png

JYJ3′s Note: Yoochun got 54.2% of the votes for his role in “Missing You/ I Miss You”!This the 3rd straight year he’s won this award (in the TV category)––a first in Baeksang Arts Awards’ history!(Yoochun previously won in 2011 and 2012 for his roles in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “Miss Ripley”, respectively.)

The 49th Baeksang Arts Awards will be on May 9th at 6pm KST, broadcasted live on jTBC.The Red Carpet event will begin at 4:40pm KST but not be aired.

Source: isplus.joinsmsn.com/100sangShared by: JYJ3

Official/Final Results: Baeksang Awards 2013 TV Drama Popularity Votes

Congratulations Chunnie!!! =D> =D> 

1367852948745_zps5fe3e26a.jpg

1367852952326_zps2ac996a3.jpg

So proud to have Park Yoochun win by such a large margin...Totally well deserved....And we will all see him on stage to accept this award (it will be three years in a row for him!)...Yoochun of JYJ, Fighting!!!

Credit:JYJ fans

Archived