Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Thank you @RaniaZeid for this information about her character in "Doctor Stranger"...

Han Seung-hee - Jin Se Yeon   Late 20s, anaesthetist.

Possesses superior skills in anaesthesia. All other information about this mysterious woman is unknown.

Since she looks the same as Park Hoon’s first love, she gets entangled in his affairs. Since he has no idea where Song Jae Hee is, Park Hoon keeps suspecting that Seung-hee is her and she cannot quell his suspicions. 

On the other hand, she is also suspected to be the spy of the former head of the Thoracic Surgery Department, to the extent that her past surgery records were revealed. She becomes the anaesthetist of Park Hoon’s surgical team, and helped him progress into the President’s surgical team.

However, there is still a lot of mystery surrounding the president pertaining to the South and the North; no one has any idea who this woman truly is.

source SBS ; translated by hitoritabi 

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Teaser 3 Doctor Stranger (English Sub) http://youtu.be/8V5t2NqQ1rE 

spesial shout out to @sky5joyous and @Rania_Zeid who kindly posts anything doctor-stranger-seyeon-related here in JSY thread, thank you  guys :) it was helped me who barely visits soompi as often as i want it and thus cannot keep up with the news in DS drama thread and JSY thread is the only thread here that i regularly visits and lurked, to know what happens with her in the drama  :) thank you >:D<
and of course for my awesome fellow yeon bear fans, thank you so much for the pics and news >:D< :-* gahhh, she looks so cute right with the new hairstyle, i really love it  :x

Information about her drama "Doctor Stranger"The production press conference is customarily held about a week before the drama airs. Some sources indicate that DS may be having their conference on April 29th, making them the first drama to have a press conference after the Sewol Ferry tragedy. All morning, production has been going back and forth on whether they should have the presscon on that day or at all, given the current situation — it would be strange to watch people laugh and promote their new dramas. Honestly, all the television stations are watching each other to see who will bite the bullet and begin first and receive the netizen backlash…        source : http://hitoritabi.tumblr.com/

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Jin se yeon and Lee hyun woo :x

Jin Se Yeon by Chilsung Cider 2:x

credit Анастасия Органищук

Song Jae Hee & Han Seung Hee :D14017158235_610eb3bd34_o.jpg
Jin Se Yeon shared, "It is my first time playing two roles and it is really not easy. It was difficult to make my tone, way of speech, and expressions different... When I acted out Song Jae Hee, I tried to appear like a bright and innocent child and when I acted out Han Seung Hee, I had to make my eyes filled with a lot of emotions as I speak."
"Although there is a lot of pressure to take on two roles because I am still lacking a lot, I hope that you notice my hard work. I will repay the fans by doing my best to show a hard-working image."
credit: allkpop article
-EDIT-bigger pic from topstarnews :)

this is what i like about her she works hard in every project she's in..i watch all her dramas and i can say she is a critique to her own action because i can see she's progressing so well...looking at the bts and stills she is amazing she can be as matured as if she's almost 30 and can be as young as 16 if she tried to be..btw this is my first post here but i never miss reading every post here as well as at kangdan thread :D..am i the luckiest fan here i watch MDTF from ep 1-131 with eng sub..she was so young then but so brave to take the role of yang kkotnim..in MDTF she got married,got pregnant and gave birth to a son..i wish her well in dr stranger...se yeon fighting your doing great :-* =D>

class="content-title" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Jin Se Yeon to Play Two Characters in “Doctor Stranger”jinseyeon.png

Actress Jin Se Yeon will attempt to play two roles in “Doctor Stranger.”

On the 26th, the production team released stills of Jin Se Yeon playing two characters in the upcoming SBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Doctor Stranger” that will air its first episode on May 5. In the drama, Jin Se Yeon plays the roles of Song Jae Hee, a North Korean medical student, and Han Seung Hee, a South Korean physician.

“Doctor Stranger” depicts a medical-intelligence melodrama about a massive conspiracy surrounding a genius doctor born in South Korea but raised in North Korea by the name of Park Hoon (Lee Jong Suk) and South Korea’s top elite doctor Han Jae Joon (Park Hae Jin.) Using Myung Woo University Hospital as the background, the drama portrays a story of love and competition with the characters standing in the center of a North Korean conspiracy to select the team members of the surgery team that will operate on the South Korean Prime Minister Jang Seok Joo (Cheon Ho Jin.)

Jin Se Yeon will be playing Song Jae Hee, the first love of Park Hoon whom he met in North Korea, and also play the role of Han Seung Hee, an anesthesiologist that possesses the same face as Song Jae Hee, but holds a mysterious identity. Jin Se Yeon will undergo an acting transformation as the heroine of this turbulent romance that frequents between North and South Korea.

The two characters Jin Se Yeon plays have direct opposite atmospheres about them in the revealed pictures. As Song Jae Hee, Jin Se Yeon shows off a bright and pure image of a female student with her long hair, clean school uniform and her fair smile, making people think of the “first love” image. On the other hand, in the other pictures as Han Seung Hee, Jin Se Yeon pulls off a perfect transformation by having the chic look down while wearing a doctor’s gown.

Jin Se Yeon has put in a lot of effort and preparation to play these two different characters that have their own charms. Rumors are spreading that Jin Se Yeon herself suggested the hairstyle for Han Seung Hee during her character study, making this the first time since her debut that Jin Se Yeon has bobbed hair, thus she is showing a different passion towards acting.

In regards to playing two entirely different characters, Jin Se Yeon relayed “This is the first time I have attempted playing two roles, and it seriously isn’t easy. It’s very difficult to grasp all of the different aspects between the characters, such as tone, choice of words, and expressions. I work really hard while acting as Song Jae Hee to show a child that is endlessly bright and pure; while acting as Han Seung Hee, I have to emotionally satisfy many things in order to make it seem as if there are many stories stored inside of her eyes.”

Jin Se Yeon then promised “Though there is a lot of burden playing two characters as I still lack in many areas, it would be nice if people watched over me as I exert myself. I will pay back my fans through working as hard as I can.”

“Doctor Stranger” will airs its first episode on May 5, with writer Park Jin Woo, who wrote the robust script that PD Jin Hyuk, who is a magician of this complex genre, will demonstrate in the drama. 

source : http://www.soompi.com/2014/04/26/jin-se-yeon-to-play-two-characters-in-doctor-stranger/#.U1w1_fl_t1Y

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/tv-doctor-stranger.html
why... why did i read this post? -_- why do i torture myself like this? argh. i, for one, have never actually saw negative comments from South Koreans... until today that is. to my understanding, SY is mostly well-liked by the public in South Korea. hence, the countless CF deals that use her innocent and sweet image. there is no reason why big companies would want to have SY's face on their products unless she wasn't loved and supported by the people. but i guess she is bound to have some antis even in her home country. :( at least these comments aren't as mean as the ones on international forums. my gosh, those comments make the K-netizens look like saints.

Guest casperntv

@MicheruI have no idea as in kites there is someone also trans those anti comments. Look at this:http://kitesvn.com/thread/-doctor-stranger-tiet-lo-nhung-hinh-anh-cua-sistar-s-bora-voi-dien-xuat-dau-tay-cua-co-phan-ung-netizzen-khi-jin-se-yeon-dam-nhan-cung-luc-2-vai-dien-428243-1-1.html

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/tv-doctor-stranger.html

why... why did i read this post? -_- why do i torture myself like this? argh. i, for one, have never actually saw negative comments from South Koreans... until today that is. to my understanding, SY is mostly well-liked by the public in South Korea. hence, the countless CF deals that use her innocent and sweet image. there is no reason why big companies would want to have SY's face on their products unless she wasn't loved and supported by the people. but i guess she is bound to have some antis even in her home country. :( at least these comments aren't as mean as the ones on international forums. my gosh, those comments make the K-netizens look like saints.

These people really.. ignore them dear... maybe they can't sleep well if they don't do that..

Don't let it bother you.. :)

Btw, I can't wait to see our se yeon become a mysterious doctor.. ><