Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

i wish i can find more insightful interviews about SY, but alas, i only found one good, translated article. :( anyways, hope you all enjoy it!

201208231640500310_1.jpg
Jin Se Yun of Bridal Mask: a Cinderella storyAuthor: daiko
As we know, Bridal Mask had difficulty to find its cast because many actors and actresses were hesitant to play as the drama centers on anti Japanese occupation during 1930s.
That’s probably the reason why Bridal Mask cast a relatively new face Jin Se Yun to play the leading lady, Mok Dan. And it’s like a Cinderella story for 19-year-old rookie actress Jin Se Yun to grab the main role of a such big budget drama.
When Bridal Mask aired, many viewers still didn’t know who’s the girl who play the brave Mok Dan. Although Jin Se Yun already played the leading lady for SBS daily night drama, My Daughter Kkotnim, but she’s not an A-list actress.
In the recent interview with Newsen, Jin Se Yun said that she was surprised and stunned when she heard she got the role. She said, ”When I met the producers, I was still in the middle of shooting SBS’ My Daughter Kkotnim. Therefore I wasn’t expecting too much. I was overwhelmed when I was chosen as the main character of the previous project (My Daughter Kkotnim), but lead role of Bridal Mask really caught me off guard so I was stunned”.
The character of Mok Dan, a brave girl who works in a circus requires high skills in acting and action, that’s why Jin Se Yun was quite worried as she said, ”I was worried. It was quite confusing for me to understand the tone of Mok Dan in the early stages of shooting because at that time I was so into my previous character Kkotnim”.
Although many people called her Cinderella now as she nabs the leading lady for such a prestigious drama, Jin Se Yun never dreamed to be an actress.
She was known as ‘Yoona from Jamwon’ during high school, she would attend events pretended to be the famous Yoona of SNSD and she then received many love calls from entertainment agency.
Jin Se Yun said, ”There were several times when I had opportunities to be a singer, but an actress never crossed my mind. I luckily was chosen as a model for commercials. I was happy when the commercials were aired on TV and printed in newspapers. When I was shooting commercials, many people suggested me to try acting. I thought at that time that acting was boring because all I have to do is memorizing the lines. But when I finally took acting lessons, I started to enjoy it”.
Jin Se Yun’s early acting jobs were small roles in SBS’ drama It’s Okay Daddy’s Girl and movie White: Curse of Melody. And she said that she learnt many things for that experience.
Her next job was MBC’s drama The Duo which strengthened her acting foundation.
Jin Se Yun finally took her first leading role in daily drama My Daughter Kkotnim and the drama allowed her to experience a lot of joy. She said, ”I loved meeting new people and observed other cast’s acting. The fun of the job is that we work together”.
In the end of the interview, Jin Se Yun said, ”While I was acting, I feel that my job is to be an actress. I came out of nowhere and got the lead role. There’s a lot of opportunity for people to dislike me but all the drama’s staffs, actors and acting teachers approached me with love. I want to show the audience a different side of Kkotnim through Bridal Mask. It would be my goal to deliver a matured actress”.
credits: http://koreanvibe.com/jin-se-yun-bridal-mask

@sophiechoice : me too. i want to keep MDxKT memories for always, I promise of a lifetime ^^ why MDxKT really hypnotizing. did u were watched BM presscon? i really liked it a lot. that was a real event not for part of BM scene, but JWxJSY looks so close, im very happy when i saw JW held JSY hand (05:11). waw how sweet moment.. i guess they are have feel each other. *hug*

you said "Dami smile a lot (unlike MD) and sometimes she show an aegyo". omg when i know she show her aegyo in 5F, i really wanna see JSY show her aegyo to JW :D i like JYxJSY in edwin CF, this CF really help their to be more close. awww i love JWxJSY together, they are being as awesome couple as always :)

@sophiechoice welcome, my dear! :) you're totally right about SY being natural, and not pretending to be fake. SY exudes a natural warmth that everybody, from the cast and crew of all her projects, can feel and is attracted to. judging from BTS videos and photos, she is always smiling, chatting, and being friendly to everyone. i am watching "FF", but somehow i feel like it's kind of boring in some places. SY is doing a good job so far. her acting is definitely more natural and she seems to connect with Da Mi's emotions more realistically.
@lovinslevine thank you for posting that press conference! seriously, all i can see is a ton of touching and smiling between Joo Won and SY. :x gah! i can't handle all the cuteness! i remember seeing a lot more photos where JW is smiling at SY. do i need to scour all the websites for them?

@Micheru : you are welcome ^^ yes, we can see JW show up his adorable reactions to SY. can you see, JW held her hand to take her being at his side, oh my goodness it's really extremely amazing moment of our dearest couple :) yes, of course i wanna see more pics where JW smiling at our SY right now dear :D

Hi guys. So busy this past few days. There are so many things I want to say and reply to your posts here. But I can't right now. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

For now, I just wanna say welcome @sophiechoice at this thread. Nice to meet you, hope to see you often. And thanks @Micheru for SY's wedding pics. All I can say is "WOW!" (will be comment more later).

Meanwhile, Se Yeon and Ji Chang Wook (In Ha in FF) begins twitter-ing each other. The sweet thing was, JCW was the one who started it first. It was so cute that he just out of the blue wrote "Da Mi ah ~~"   :x :x      As if he missed her LOL.

class="js-timeline-title" 5:03 AM - 10 Sep 12 · Details " data-mentions="Jinseyeon"> 4h Ji ChangWookJi ChangWook @Jichangwook

@Jinseyeon 응 곧가겠어 ㅎ

2:26 AM - 10 Sep 12 · Details " data-mentions="Jinseyeon"> 7h Ji ChangWookJi ChangWook @Jichangwook

@Jinseyeon 다미야~~ 

6h JinseyeonJinseyeon @Jinseyeon

@Jichangwook 우와 인하야~ ㅋ_ㅋ 이따 레스토랑에서 보는구낭

Guest coolruncat

Hello everyone, i'm new here.There are so many resourse in here, and just for a suggestion you can get more things from Jin se yeon's  CY world and her twitter,I also pay attention  to  her  start from  BM  and  feel  that  she  is  a  cute  and  warm  girl.Because english  is not  my  native language,so my english is not so good , i just want  everyone  can be tolerant  to me

It’s really great to see quite a few familiar names in this thread... hi again to everyone...

I start to follow JSY after I saw the promotion pic for MDK, I know it sounds wired, but I guess she just got that magic smile that make you feel so warm and then you just want to see more of this magic smile, then you just can’t take your eyes off her… I love her as MD the most, not to mentioned her chemistry with JW… I’m definitely a KT-MD shipper, although I won’t say I’m a JW-JSY shipper yet, but I love them so much and won’t deny their on-screen and off-screen chemistry… if anyone is interested, I can share some of my observation/feeling about these two since I found a few of you are JW-JSY shipper, I feel more comfortable to share this in JSY’s thread...

To start with something light, I’ve found some more BTS photos of EDWIN CF from a Chinese website named baidu:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1851130902 credit kibumbie

All those pic are came from various naver blogs, where the author also listed the web addresses of those naver blogs… I’m sorry that I don’t know how to post photos here, so maybe someone can help?

@mehhrong : you are welcome :))

@coolruncat : hello dear welcome to JSY thread, nice to see u here, i wish u will come here often. yes, i hope i can post all things (old/new) of JSY here. yes, she's really match as a lovely oh mokdan in BM. it's no problem, my english also not good enough, but i enjoy it for our JSY in this thread.
demoeoe said: if anyone is interested, I can share some of my observation/feeling about these two since I found a few of you of JW-JSY shipper, I feel more comfortable to share this in JSY’s thread...

To start with something light, I’ve found some more BTS photos of EDWIN CF from a Chinese website named baidu:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1851130902 credit kibumbie

All those pic are came from various naver blogs, where the author also listed the web addresses of those naver blogs… I’m sorry that I don’t know how to post photos here, so maybe someone can help?

@demoeoe : here the some photos of Edwin CF which your mention on ur post before. thanks for the link of JW baidu dear. do u know, is our JSY had baidu fanclub? can you show me adress of her baidu and her cyworld dear. thanks :)

Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon - 2012 Edwin Ad Pictorial

303513_528497780498757_1105104181_n.jpg
556599_528501037165098_987812708_n.jpg
556599_528501040498431_189039809_n.jpg
377343_528496447165557_1543078977_n.jpg

source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1851130902 - BaiduJoowon

Pavlichenko said: Hi guys. So busy this past few days. There are so many things I want to say and reply to your posts here. But I can't right now. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

For now, I just wanna say welcome @sophiechoice at this thread. Nice to meet you, hope to see you often. And thanks @Micheru for SY's wedding pics. All I can say is "WOW!" (will be comment more later).

Meanwhile, Se Yeon and Ji Chang Wook (In Ha in FF) begins twitter-ing each other. The sweet thing was, JCW was the one who started it first. It was so cute that he just out of the blue wrote "Da Mi ah ~~"   :x :x      As if he missed her LOL.

class="js-timeline-title" 5:03 AM - 10 Sep 12 · Details ' data-is-reply-to="true" data-card-type="" data-user-id="147806621" data-name="Ji ChangWook" data-screen-name="Jichangwook" data-tweet-id="245130313485934592"> 4h Ji ChangWookJi ChangWook @Jichangwook

@Jinseyeon 응 곧가겠어 ㅎ

2:26 AM - 10 Sep 12 · Details ' data-is-reply-to="" data-card-type="" data-user-id="147806621" data-name="Ji ChangWook" data-screen-name="Jichangwook" data-tweet-id="245090868820836352"> 7h Ji ChangWookJi ChangWook @Jichangwook

@Jinseyeon 다미야~~ 

6h JinseyeonJinseyeon @Jinseyeon

@Jichangwook 우와 인하야~ ㅋ_ㅋ 이따 레스토랑에서 보는구낭

Thanks guys for the exquisite and very, very pretty+chemistry-oozing new picture sets of JW x JSY for EDWIN.

Esp. love these ones:
img-905085222-0001.jpg
img-905085417-0001-1.jpg

And in this one:
30adcbef76094b360f94fc6ca3cc7cd98d109d29

I realized that JW hold JSY's right hand as she was trying to change her pretty high heels shoes! It may seems simple but IMO he was very nice and gentleman to her. Even more amazing that he was actually quite "busy" himself, with his appearance being re-styled.

I really hope they won't do the ad filming just this once.  Perhaps they'll do it again for Winter edition? or perhaps EDWIN wants to use them again for next spring? :P Or at least let them do some promotional events together, yes? *pray hard*

Ooops.... my part time job about to begin. See you later, all Se Yeon's STAN!

===================================================

And oh... Se Yeon's minihompy address is:

http://cyworld.com/barbie0215

There are so many lovely pictures of her there, that I'm sure many of us probably never see them yet: for CF/ads, BTS, selca, magazine, personal pics. I love ad shoots for "us n them"  fashion brand, so sophisticated, and the guy who was with her is good-looking (I think I know him but forget his name). See 4 rows of menu in the right side of the main page? Clicked the 4th row menu to view the pictures collection. It's HEAVEN!   :x

Sadly I don't know how to save the pictures from minihompy. :-/

@lovinslevine, hereunder is JSY baidu thread:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%B3%C2%CA%C0%E5%FB&frs=yqtb 

but I don't know her cyworld address... sorry....

btw, thanks for posting those photos and teach me how to post photos, I will try my best to learn how to do it, please bear with me, it may take some time... as for my 2 cents observations/feeling, will work on it...

pavlichenko, micheru - thanks for your warm welcome, i really hope i could contribute here with news&updates but the source mostly in chinese/hangul, and i end up hurting my head hehehh

@demoeoe - i would love to read your observation about JW&JSY, cause i enjoy read every tidbits i found about those two, and i think yeah its more comfortable for you to share it here in SY thread..

@coolruncat - its okay dear, english is not my native language either, one of the reason i join an international forum like soompi is trying to improving my english, and i have to say it really effective , and its like kills two birds with a stone, you know, learn english while enjoying the prettiest of JSY, so dont worry ok  :D

@lovinslevine : wooh i try to stan SY to her cyworld page, and her pics profile there, the one where she wear a sunglasses, is so beautiful&youthful, i really want to save it, but idk how kekekekk i wish i could read chinese

@pavlichenko, thanks for the link of JSY cyworld...

@sophiechoice, here you go, JSY in sunglasses... I just saved the picture by right click and "save picture as", then it should be fine...

728da9773912b31bad4014b28618367adab4e179.jpg