Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

@ronayJ Message the admin that locked the thread that Ryo Hyo Young has already been confirmed. (Unless by confirmed they mean one of the main leads have to be confirmed but I don't think so)

I read the news on naver and she's 100% confirmed since they said it'll be her first appearance in a sageuk

The news also said the drama will air January next year. Hope there won't be delays like Flower in Prison

• Like 1

@ronayJ hmm I see it's still locked. Hope the admin will unlock the thread so people can start posting on it 

I watched a few episodes of Maids - which is by the same writer - and the writer really likes making the main girl suffer lol. Like in that drama, the girl was born in a noble family and pretty spoiled in the beginning but later her family was accused of treason, her&her dad arrested on her wedding day, forced to become a servant where both the nobles and servants look down on her etc etc. If the writer is consistent with his style we can most likely expect SY/s character to go through a lot (she did as well in FIP,  but she was very skilled and things usually turn out fine for her) Especially the synopsis of the drama that describes it as "blood-colored romance" lol there will definitely be a lot of tragic elements& probably a lot of backstabbing and betrayal too 

One thing I hope this drama will have (that is, if SY is confirmed) is a lot of unexpected plot twists. In FIP, I feel like the drama is too long so the story, characters' actions& dialogue becomes very repetitive, with YWH and JNJ just coming up with new evil plans that get into ON'S way and the same thing gets old after awhile. The young king's appearance made the story line a lot more fresh but the writer decided to make them siblings which is a total waste of their amazing chemistry IMO. Cable channel dramas are usually shorter 16-20 at most 30 episodes so I hope the writer will make the story more fast-paced and compact. And please don't write a lot of unnecessary and annoying characters and give them bunch of screen time. Like YWH's spoiled daughter don't know what her point is in the drama. And because SY's character will be a noble and the two male leads will be princes, I'm also setting my expectations high to see some very pretty hanbok, since ON didn't get to put on fancy hanbok until the last episode....and maybe a good OST will be nice too

For the character I really hope they make SY character similar to ON in her strength. Like she can be a strong woman without needing to depend on the male leads for help ALWAYS (a lil bit of knight in shining armor is nice of course) I also don't want her to cry like every episode or whenever something bad happens. I hope she'll be the type that can take care of herself just fine and remains strong even in times of great distress

For the male leads I'd really appreciate it if the titular character "Grand Prince" will have a well-developed relationship with the heroine and not rushed& forced. And please make the male lead more charismatic than TW in FIP...I know the grand prince is supposed to be kinda evil and ambitious but he can be like the evil king LDW plays in Seven Days Queen, evil and crazy on the outside but for a legitimate reason, and only gentle&kind to the heroine. That's the best kind of villain hahaha

I'M THINKING SO MUCH ABOUT THE DRAMA AND SY ISNT EVEN CONFIRMED YET WHAT :crazy:

• Like 3

I msg and they didht reply yet :bawling:,so annoying ,but maybe i should watch seven day queen,i see 

park min young is in there, and i read somewhere that the queen was kicked out or (died?) after a week of marriage because she slapped her husband and left a mark but he was the king,damn

• Like 2

@ronayJ Ohh go watch 7 days Queen! The story's really good (comedy and tragedy at same time) and the costumes are to die for lol. The acting of all three leads is also really good and sold the love triangle for me 

Also im kinda happy the writer of this drama will be a woman. Not to gender discriminate, but I feel like FIP's romance really suffered because our writer is a man, and writing about romantic love is not his strong suit lol. Of course there can be horrible romances written by women too but usually they are bit better :D 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tw20127 said:

@ronayJ Ohh go watch 7 days Queen! The story's really good (comedy and tragedy at same time) and the costumes are to die for lol. The acting of all three leads is also really good and sold the love triangle for me 

Also im kinda happy the writer of this drama will be a woman. Not to gender discriminate, but I feel like FIP's romance really suffered because our writer is a man, and writing about romantic love is not his strong suit lol. Of course there can be horrible romances written by women too but usually they are bit better :D 

This is sooo true ,cause even if u watch his other dramas ,jewel in the palace,dong yi ...the romance always felt to the side and forced

• Like 1

Why it took so long for jsy to confirm it ?? :( Im afraid that she will reject it TT and what if the next news we got is that ryu hyo young suddenly get to be a female lead instead of 2nd female lead??:( And why there’s not even any official article like soompi or allkpop for this? Usually eventho they are still in talks and not confirm it yet, the article is always there but i cant find anything abt this:(

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ronayJ said:

Park shi hoo??? kinda impossible since he’s still filming for golden life, a 50 episodes drama and will take a lot of time right?? What the article wrote btw?? He have confirm it? And if it is, means both lead have a wide age gap with jsy and means there’s not anyone around jsy age then.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, necychessie said:

Park shi hoo??? kinda impossible since he’s still filming for golden life, a 50 episodes drama and will take a lot of time right?? What the article wrote btw?? He have confirm it? And if it is, means both lead have a wide age gap with jsy and means there’s not anyone around jsy age then.

I dont think he is in the drama ,i think it was just about the princess man ,says nothing about him being offered the role