Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Guest sunshine4ever

Dear lovinslevine, since you're here, do you mind adding this to post 1 because this have her interview? I'll try to transcribe her interview later if I have time. I'm afraid if we can't download that video the links will end up dying later and we will not have precious talks that she was saying in those videos. Please add this in post 1 under your links. Maybe you can create a section for news and interviews of SY also so that fans can just go to post 1 and read her old stuffs without having to go through 17 pages? I'll help you update page 1 with time. <3.

Se Yeon's Interviews with English sub

oh yeah the comic above...who were the two people after Shunji, any ideas? cute comic. do you mind posting it at Bridal Mask's thread too dear?

-edit-

@ lovinslevine, also I saw that you have the KCM Bear video MV also, will you please link it with this URL so that people can watch it also? <3 thanks so much dear:

aaackkkk finally landed my feet here after this exhausted week  #-o

so much goodies to catch up, thanks yeon bear fellow :x

ohh wait did i the only one who not give a contribute at all in this thread hiks hiks i'm soo embarassed to y'all gals *sobs*

sunshine4ever - in the comic above, the man after shunji, i think he is Tamao, KT's friend who shoot himself right after he commited to Kishokai Organization, but i had no idea abt the other in the blue :-?

lovinslevine - heyy where are u the past 2 weeks, we lost you :D in Mokdan bts pics you posted above, in the 3rd pic with Shunji, why do i feel its like a photoshop hehh

Guest sunshine4ever

Jin Se Yeon's interview (thoughts on Bridal Mask and her role of Mok Dan)

Transcribed & Summarized
by Jessi15 @ Soompi (from this video interview)

53tuh5.jpg

The video begins with:
A rising star! She has become very popular. Korea keeps an eye on Jin Se Yeon.
She first greeted viewers and introduced herself and that she is currently filming the drama, Bridal Mask. The drama is gaining popularity.

She said when she first met up with the BM director and knew that she was going to play Mok Dan, she “could not think of anything” and “did not expect much” and worried whether if she can handle the role of Mok Dan since Se Yeon was to play one of the main lead of the drama, that “the role was important to the drama” and “the characteristic of the role was very emotional”.

Then she continued to say that after BM broadcast “I have a lot of fans. People sent me messages a lot. So I am happy” She said that she was concerned of how BM would compete with other dramas airing on the same timeslot. But then she was happy when realised that BM was become popular and was on top.

Atmosphere on the filming set?

On BM filming site, she said “I tried to be energetic because I am the youngest”. She then went on talking how worried she was filming the “underwater scene” and the “bath scene”. She said that she was afraid of water and not swim well so on the date of filming the scene, she was worried at first and the director was also worried but she said that eventually she got to enjoy the shooting and how this had come a unique experience to her and one of her memorable scene. As for the bath scene, how she did not mind when first reading the script but got nervous on the date of filming. Because the BM staff kept filling up the tub with hot water to keep her warm, she said because of that , she was comfortable filming the scene.

Best scene of Mok Dan?

Then the video showed the scene where Mok Dan performed mask changing on stage. The interviewer asked her what was the best scene of Mok Dan? Se Yeon pondered for a while and said that she remembered the first scene where MD changed the mask. Se Yeon said “I like that scene because it described Mok Dan”.

Similarity between SY and MD?

“I think there are some qualities same but different. I believe Mok Dan and I are both trying to be positive. I think we both don’t cry even we have difficulties. Also, we try not to show that we are tired… The difference is that she (MD) is strong” She then went on to say that “I like physical education when I was young. I always demonstrated the move at PE. I was good at running & rolling”. She then mentioned that she got bruised a lot and sustained many small injuries doing the action scenes.

About fight scene with Han Chae Ah

She then talked about the fighting scene between Han Chae Ah and her. She was laughing and stated that she had fun filming the scene because it was the first female fighting scene and hence it was unique. She then talked about when girls fight, they usually grab each other’s hairs but in BM the fight involved some kicking so it was new and interesting. If she had any “Ulterior motive”, she was asked when filming the fight scene? She laughed and said that she was too immersed into the role and if she had to hit someone, she would hit hard as she supposed to but there was no ulterior motive.

Next, she talked about working with other BM casts. She said that “Working with other actors and actresses, we get along very well. People take care of each other. So I depend on them. I would ask them to teach me”.

About Joo Won & Park Ki Woong.

About Joo Won oppa : "Joo Won acts charming. He would act charm and suddenly when the filming starts, he would call me in a serious tone. I think he would focus well. I was surprised to see that side of Joo Won at first”
About Park Ki Woong oppa: “He would play jokes in a serious tone because he has low voice”. And she conceded with a laugh: “They are charming”

A kiss scene with Joo Won?

Se Yeon said that because they were filming in the woods and there were many flying bugs. “We had to shoot again because of the sound of cicadas. Against our will, we had to shoot for several times."

What if you have lived in that time?

Se Yeon said that” If I was at that time, I would join the independence movement like Mok Dan”

What does BM mean to you?

“It was a drama where I could show who I am. There were many things I have shown in the drama. There will be a lot in the future. So I would never forget this drama”

At the end of the interview, Se Yeon mentioned that “The story of the drama went on differently than what I expected it" and she had no idea where and how the drama or story will end up but she said there will be a lot of actions and touching, interesting stories so she implored viewers to stay tune with the drama in the hot summer.

@Jessi15, thanks so much for transcribing this! :)

Some captures from the interview video:

5ousco.jpg
a46gjq.jpg
2ius0h2.jpg
2vv5r35.jpg

Guest sunshine4ever

sophiechoice said: aaackkkk finally landed my feet here after this exhausted week  #-o

so much goodies to catch up, thanks yeon bear fellow :x

ohh wait did i the only one who not give a contribute at all in this thread hiks hiks i'm soo embarassed to y'all gals *sobs*

sunshine4ever - in the comic above, the man after shunji, i think he is Tamao, KT's friend who shoot himself right after he commited to Kishokai Organization, but i had no idea abt the other in the blue :-?

lovinslevine - heyy where are u the past 2 weeks, we lost you :D in Mokdan bts pics you posted above, in the 3rd pic with Shunji, why do i feel its like a photoshop hehh

@sunshine4ever - Damsari or Abe ??? kekekekekk
i've been out of town the whole week, and not got a chance to peeked on soompi, even in my off-hours or breaktime sighh

dont worry, take u'r time to watch FF, and for a def non-biased opinion, i've to say its surprisingly good, at least, i'm not ranting and mad as much as i do when i watched Baker King Kim Tak Gu back then LOL

SBS drama Five Fingers's Joo Ji Hoon & Jin Se Yeon ep 14 KISS BTS=)) =)) =)) precious kiss 

thanks to : JIHUN AMY and sunshine4ever
dear all. you can also watch / download jin se yeon and joo ji hoon's BTS kiss scene HQ video here. very very super best high quality :x
http://netv.sbs.co.kr/player/netv_player.jsp?uccid=10001798648&cooper=NAVER
kawaii ji ho and dami =))

@sunshine4ever
dear im dying cause this kiss bts =))gah. joo ji hoon holding jin se yeon cheek after kissing her very deep :Pyour mean it must there in page 1 and change the appearance my yt link before in page 17?  yes. i will do it. thank you dear a lot for telling me how post yt link :x

Guest sunshine4ever

lovinslevine said: @sunshine4ever
dear im dying cause this kiss bts =))gah. joo ji hoon holding jin se yeon cheek after kissing her very deep :Pyour mean it must there in page 1? yes. i will do it, but i guess tomorrow dear :x

Celebrity Topic – Joo Won’s Drama Travelogue

Part 1 – My Women

A comet that suddenly appears from nowhere – this describes the young star, actor Joo Won. Debuting in musicals, delivering a brilliant performance as the lead actor in 3 dramas, becoming a top-level star, he thus began his dazzling pace, gradually earning the care and concern of the audience. Coupled with his outstanding performance in variety show, his popularity is shooting sky high. Let us look back at his 3 dramas. Ma Jun, Tae Hee and also Kang To, these were the various roles he undertook. Joo Won began to talk about his story in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

29th June 2010 Baker King Kim Tak Gu – “My childhood idol, SES Eugene is really standing before my eyes”

When I look back at Baker King Kim Tak Gu, it’s a drama that created confusing thoughts in my mind. This was my first drama and I acted a character that’s central to the show. When I was visualizing this character, I had many discussions with the director and the writer. When I was acting this drama, I had to call the writer on the phone every week, asking him many of the things which I did not understand. Also, when we started to film, I would always be discussing with the director. Actually, playing the antagonist is really a very hard for me to do. But even though it was difficult to bear, I still had to act, so Ma Jun is a character which means a lot to me.

8f0f7a0e0cf3d7caeb3199faf21fbe096a63a920

Go Ma Jun? Younger son of a chaebol family and also successor of the family’s food business. He had a heightened consciousness, a hot temper and also arrogance. He especially could not bear losing to others. He could not bear Tak Gu who resembled his father, and always caused misfortune to fall on him but in the end, he broke down himself. Although he was very cruel, he was indeed a sorrowful man.

When I was acting Ma Jun and even now, I will bear this very important thing in mind that is to relax when I am acting.  At that time, I did my utmost and I was a lonely child. If only I had cast away the uneasiness in my heart and the burden, then it would be great.

During that time, the one who showed me the way was Eugene sunbae. She was my idol during my schooldays. To be able to work with SES Eugene was like a dream.

To be able to act with your idol was indeed amazing. Those were unforgettable times when I was slowly picking up the ropes on acting. Eugene was very good at leading me who knew nothing. She taught me a lot through her experiences in many dramas. Thanks to Eugene Noona, Ma Jun was created. I feel that between the male and female co-star, the most important thing is “care”, and also you must open your heart. If you cannot step into your character and open your heart to your partner, your acting will never be able to resonate with the audience. During that period, I opened my heart to my idol and was answerable to Ma Jun.

6th August 2011 Ojakgyo Brothers “Became Lovers with a Junior(Hoobae) whom I once punished.”

The production set with the best atmosphere is Ojakgyo Brothers. Needless to say, the staff, the teachers, the sunbaes and hoobaes and actors of the same age, we all work together very harmoniously. It was difficult for the atmosphere to be anything but good. When I was acting Tae Hee, I felt a lot of warmth in reality. I also gathered a lot of comfort from the warmth of the family members.

ec98a4ec9e91eab590-ed9895eca09ceb93a4-e5

Hwang Tae Hee? Short tempered**, 3rd son in the Hwang family. His biological father died in a car accident and his mother remarried. He was adopted by Chang Shik and Bok Ja as their 3rd son and grew up. Short tempered, determined and taciturn, he was also inflexible and could not stand any coquettish behavior. He was the best being tough and powerful. Tae Hee was a short tempered yet calm character. This is one character that I would like to emulate. He was very polite to his elders, on the surface, he looks very indifferent but he also possessed a pure side. The most important was that he was willing to give everything with all his heart  to the woman he loved. Personally, I will like to become like this character.

To him, the person who instilled such love is Uie. I who acted as Tae Hee develop a love line with After School’s Uie. In order to present a sweet and lovely picture to the audience, I spend a lot of efforts in this aspect. The acting must resonate with the viewers but in reality, to step into the role was not easy. I had to work very hard in the process of becoming Tae Hee.

I was in the same university as Uie as senior and junior. She was a junior who was well loved by people in school. When I was in university, I was always in school, working and practicing at the same time. There was also someone who was like that and it’s Uie. She worked harder than any other hoobae. To act and partner with such a beautiful hoobae was wonderful.

In university, I was a sunbae whom people were terrified of. I was neither lenient nor amiable. So in the early days when the filming of Ojakgyo Brothers had just started, Uie would always greet me in a very humble manner. I think at that time, Uie felt that I was very difficult. But as the filming progressed, our understanding of each other got better and better, now we are like very close brother and sister. That Uie received an award for this drama acting alongside with me and also gathered good reviews from viewers, I am also happy.

30th May 2012 Bridal Mask “Like the simplicity of a child”

Because I worked together with my peers, Bridal Mask left many impressions. The thing that stood out most was the reaction of the audience after I acted in this drama. It was not just the older generation of people, even little children recognize me, it left a very special feeling in my heart.

ce1ec095d143ad4beb6fe74c82025aafa50f06a1

Lee Kang To? Jonno’s **, possessing a firm character and loyal to Imperial Japan. He could not escape the twists and turns that fate dealt to him. Kang To led the dual life of being Gaksital and Imperial Japanese police, hence it was especially confusing. And the filming took place in summer, this year’s summer was especially hot, it was not easy wearing the uniform during filming. Even under such circumstances, my relationship between the freedom fighters and my co-stars were very good. We discussed a lot about the work and we were really happy. All these made me forget the sweltering heat and the difficulties.

Se Yeon is even younger than me, she is very adorable and also obedient. She is always smiling on the set, bringing more fun to the filming. Just graduating from High School, Se Yeon can really do aegyo. No matter how difficult things are, she never lost her smile, in fact she stirred up the enthusiasm of the staff. In fact, it was through this production that I first met her. The production team had spent a lot of thoughts on the casting of Bridal Mask female lead. One day, the director showed me a photo of Se Yeon and asked for my opinion. When I looked at Se Yeon in the photo, I felt that she was especially suitable for the role of Mok Dan.

When I saw her in person, I felt she was even more like Mok Dan. In reality, she has a bright personality. Sometimes, she is almost like a child. If Se Yeon, taking her first step to be an actress, is able to be sincere like the way she was in Bridal Mask, it will be good. Cheerful and sincere, Se Yeon received a lot of love from the sunbaes. I also gave her guidance, I would always say to her “Let do it this way”, we’ll discuss together and co-operate together. Not only is the face beautiful but the heart is too, my beautiful partner who radiates brilliance.

Towards Ma Jun’s first love, Tae Hee’s wife and Kang To’s pure love, I am full of gratitude.

Written by: Joo Won

Editor: Hwang Young Hee

Source: Naver 

Chinese translation: minidadalove on baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

mrdimples' comments: I love the way Joo Won describes his female co-stars. He was so in awe of Eugene and so respectful of her. I also love that he said in order to portray love in a convincing manner, he would open his heart as the character would to the girl. So that's the secret as to why his romantic scenes are always so realistic to the point that viewers would always root for him and his co-star to pair up. He must have also 'invested' his own emotions into the character and genuinely felt the care and concern for his lady. He is still close to Uie but their relationship is more like that of brother and sister. I think this is the first time I hear him say this. He had in an earlier interview said that he had developed good  feelings for Uie but neither party took the first step. So it was a missed chance. Anyway, it's good that they remain close friends. He continues to sing praises of Se Yeon. I think her personality must have dazzled him. It was a major revelation that he had in some way played a part in Se Yeon landing the role. Well, as I said before, there is no woman in his life for now. But who knows what the future holds? 

@sunshine4ever
wuah done dear! thanks a lot. you are awesome indeed :*
@sophiechoice
hi dear. long time no meet. im just extra busy with my college. no, isn't. the pic when jsy with shunji is real from official kbs and her cyworld :D
@mrdimples
thanks a lot dear for your article's shadow :)

sunshine4ever, thank you for the translated video interview! mrdimples, thank you for the new JW interview. i love it whenever he mentions SY. :)
@lovinslevine, i hate to bother you, dear, but do you mind adding in your 1st post that SY's real name is Kim Yoon Jung / 김윤정?