Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Guest sunshine4ever

Jessi15 said:

@Pavlichenko Thanks for the news. I can't wait until the interview comes out and hopefully then some kind soul will translate it for us. So far we have only heard praises from JW's side. Hopefully with this interview, we can have some insight into her mind and views, especially on matter of the heart (best bit would be anything that includes JW hehe...) Sorry that I have not been to and make many posts here in this thread as I would have liked but I do support her and hope she does well. Anyone knows if she is the only child or has she got any siblings? I tried to find out the info on the net but there was none. In some of her tweets, she mentioned something about playing with a young boy (brother) but I don't trust google translation since they are not accurate and always give me a headache. So her mother's b/day was yesterday, 27/9? Wow... and JW's b/day is on 30/9. It's hard to forget, isn't it lol They do seem to have a lot in common.

I saw this MV posted in FF and I can't resist bringing it here. I love JSY here, she is still her charming, happy self on the set she definitely has  a talent for playing piano. I keep thinking to myself how awesome it would be if we fans can one time see her playing piano and JW singing. What a combination it would be! Anyway, this is my second time posting a MV on a thread (last time I did not succeed 'sighs') so here we go ... make it or break it ...

FF - Behind the scenes 

Credit to runningmoon and f927 at FF thread

@sunshine4ever You need to go to sleep now ... it is night over there right? you need your beauty sleep, dear. Don't be like our JW. As for FF, it what the fans predict is correct that her on-screen brother will die then I will definitely want to watch SY's scenes. It is bad of me I know but I want to see something like that to push her character over the edge. In FF, I love watching their close-knit family very much. They seem getting on very well, like a real family. I would have loved to see more of the family scenes than the JJH-SY scenes since there aren't that many, mainly about what is going on in the other family (JJH-CSR-JCW) because theirs are very heartwarming and funny. I can see it is going to be very painful for DM or the mother to loose her brother /son. If the plot heads that way, then it is going to be very interesting to see how DM is going to cope with the death. I hope she just won't cry over her brother's death but will go out for blood. Then may be her character will turn dark after all... please , writer, I hope you can do that for our SY, give her more credit . At the moment , her character are very pale compared to others.

whoa... i come back and there's a new page? awesome! \:D/ when i said 'i will come back later', i didn't mean '24 HOURS later!' o_O i became occupied and lost track of time. seriously, why can't fangirling be a job? -_- i will be so good at it. hahaha!
@sophiechoice i missed you too. you know you're my only choice for Sophie. ;) ...i'm sorry... that was me trying to be funny. excuse my bad joke deary. -_- anyway... i only use one source for SY stuffs, and it is her baidu forum. they post mostly old pictures, so that's why i can never give you girls anything new. Pavlichenko is the one that posts a lot of new things. she gets the goodies from various Korean sites.you're not the only one spending too much time swooning over JooSY or SY. i find myself thinking about them randomly. for example, this morning when i was driving, i was thinking about what they are doing right now. :)) sometimes i would rush home to use my laptop to see if there's anything new going on in this thread or over at her baidu. if i'm not at home, i would constantly refresh soompi on my phone to see if there are new updates. i just have no clue what is happening to make me act this way. -_-and before i forget, i thought Joon Hyuk didn't die in the MV. he was fighting the bad guys, and he looks like he collapsed from exhaustion. i didn't see him getting shot or stabbed.
@Pavlichenko thank goodness SY has new pictures! i was wondering why there is a big lack of her news after "BM" ended. hopefully in this interview, she will share more of her thoughts on Joo Won because there is definitely something going on between them. i won't get my hopes up, but it does make you wonder if there IS something between them. they are both so in sync with each others! :xdeary, i watched all 8 seasons of "Charmed", and luckily for me, there are 2 channels broadcasting all the seasons again.
@Jessi15 i believe you are the one that started my JooSY shipping. just reading what you simplistically write make me view them in a different light. :)and oh... "FF" SPOILER! i still haven't watch episodes 11 and 12, plus i haven't been at "FF" thread, so this is new to me. if DM's brother does die, then it would make sense to have DM go over the edge. was i wrong to believe that DM's character was supposed to become 'evil' eventually? i remember reading something like that. i think it was her character description.

some nice pictures to (sort of) start this page. here are more interview pictorials... this time from February. i am sorry i don't have anything new, but hopefully these are new to you. :(
sources are stated above each batch, via SY's baidu photo album
from FEBRUARY 6, 2012 SPORTS SEOUL interview:sseoul_feb12-1.jpgsseoul_feb12-2.jpgsseoul_feb12-3.jpg
from JUNE 17, 2011 OH MY NEWS interview:omn_june11-1.jpgomn_june11-2.jpg^ i can actually hear her laugh :xomn_june11-3.jpg

A good news. I just found out that SY's latest 2 selcas, the ones which she tweeted something about 'Winter style makeup", turns out they're for EDWIN latest photo shoots!  This means SY will endorse their winter collection again, which means, she'll be with JW again  :x  Oh dear God, please please, make it true *pray really hard*. And it looks like EDWIN also sponsored some of SY's clothes in FF.

This is the news:

http://www.newstown.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=131461

@Micheru: Oh you should go to FF thread! I posted some "shippy-worthy"  BTS pics goodies there, our SY with JJH and JCW. Plus there were some more new BTS vids and nice fan pic. And when you watch 12th eps later, pay attention to SY's singing voice. It's nice, though short. She sang for JH in front of piano, then he arranged her song into piano notes.

It'll be heaven if someday, JW x JSY manage to sing duet together on stage, with SY also plays piano herself.

And I love the pics of SY wore blue denim you've posted. So fresh and cute. I like the hairstyle.

For SY's sibling, I think she has an older brother, she sometimes tweeted him, though I forget what's his account name. I saw in a blog their baby pics, but forget where the blog is. They seems so close, there were many of their pics together in those blog.

@sophiechoice: Equator Man was a solid drama. It was one good example of Korean pure old-school melodrama, without makjang elements. It goes in same category as the likes of Nice Guy, Bad Guy, I'm Sorry I Love You, A Love to Kill. Be ready though, for it's depressing and heavy atmosphere.

And yes wow, sunbaes and hoobaes pairings in back-to-back dramas, UTW-LJH and JW-JSY. Really, more and more unusual coincidences pop around JW x JSY.

================================================

Oh one more thing, Da Mi seems to be well-loved in Korea too, as Mok Dan does. So our SY managed to capture viewers hearts again. In DC FF almost every posts mentioned her and inserted her various pics, alone or with JJH/JCW. In SBS' FF official web, every pics of her gaining many views, her and JJH's pics always become the most viewed ones.

It's true that DM as of now is the most straight character in FF. But still, I think SY's doing the best she can with what she's been given. In the hand of other actress, DM might become overly cute, pushy, irritating, clingy girl with forced and annoying optimism. SY's instead portraying her with the needed amount of cuteness and candy-type traits, but still with well-handed restraints and proud dignity that managed to makes DM rootable, feels genuine, and likable. ;)

But I do wish for some prominent character developments on her later.

Pavlichenko said: A good news. I just found out that SY's latest 2 selcas, the ones which she tweeted something about 'Winter style makeup", turns out they're for EDWIN latest photo shoots!  This means SY will endorse their winter collection again, which means, she'll be with JW again  :x  Oh dear God, please please, make it true *pray really hard*. And it looks like EDWIN also sponsored some of SY's clothes in FF.

This is the news:

@Micheru: Oh you should go to FF thread! I posted some "shippy-worthy"  BTS pics goodies there, our SY with JJH and JCW. Plus there were some more new BTS vids and nice fan pic. And when you watch 12th eps later, pay attention to SY's singing voice. It's nice, though short. She sang for JH in front of piano, then he arranged her song into piano notes.

It'll be heaven if someday, JW x JSY manage to sing duet together on stage, with SY also plays piano herself.

And I love the pics of SY wore blue denim you've posted. So fresh and cute. I like the hairstyle.

For SY's sibling, I think she has an older brother, she sometimes tweeted him, though I forget what's his account name. I saw in a blog their baby pics, but forget where the blog is. They seems so close, there were many of their pics together in those blog.

@sophiechoice: Equator Man was a solid drama. It was one good example of Korean pure old-school melodrama, without makjang elements. It goes in same category as the likes of Nice Guy, Bad Guy, I'm Sorry I Love You, A Love to Kill. Be ready though, for it's depressing and heavy atmosphere.

And yes wow, sunbaes and hoobaes pairings in back-to-back dramas, UTW-LJH and JW-JSY. Really, more and more unusual coincidences pop around JW x JSY.

Oh one more thing, Da Mi seems to be well-loved in Korea too, as Mok Dan does. So our SY managed to capture viewers hearts again. In DC FF almost every posts mentioned her and inserted her various pics, alone or with JJH/JCW. In SBS' FF official web, every pics of her gaining many views, her and JJH's pics always become the most viewed ones.

It's true that DM as of now is the most straight character in FF. But still, I think SY's doing the best she can with what she's been given. In the hand of other actress, DM might become overly cute, pushy, irritating, clingy girl with forced and annoying optimism. SY's instead portraying her with the needed amount of cuteness and candy-type traits, but still with well-handed restraints and proud dignity that managed to makes DM rootable, feels genuine, and likable. ;)

But I do wish for some prominent character developments on her later.

Guest mehhrong

Pavlichenko said: A good news. I just found out that SY's latest 2 selcas, the ones which she tweeted something about 'Winter style makeup", turns out they're for EDWIN latest photo shoots!  This means SY will endorse their winter collection again, which means, she'll be with JW again  :x  Oh dear God, please please, make it true *pray really hard*. And it looks like EDWIN also sponsored some of SY's clothes in FF.

This is the news:

this is so weird, i swear. when i first saw the selcas that SY tweeted, i thought she was doing a photo shoot for something. then i said to myself that i wish it was for Edwin. lo and behold, they turned out to be for Edwin after all. if i am not mistaken, those selcas were from last week. the interviews with Joo Won also started last week, too. maybe they did meet up for the photo shoot, and talked. i don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but there has to be a definite reason why JW is mentioning SY so much. it's like he is asking her if she has any feelings for him. maybe it is also to get a reaction from her or SY's permission to start discussing their possible feelings for each others. sincerely, you don't go around saying a costar's name so many times as if you are trying to hint something. now i can't wait to see SY's response in her new interview. who knows if JW is waiting for her response, too?ah, but i may be getting ahead of myself and assuming too much. -_- this is exactly what happens when you have a OTP. :(

BREAKING NEWS! no... Joo Won and SY are not dating... yet. :P but this news is seriously on every internet portal. it basically say SY was on stage with JewelryS (the K-pop female group) when she was 16 years old. i am using Google translation, so it could be slightly off. i believe SY was probably a back-up dancer for them, which would make sense actually.
sjmao201209281715130.jpg
^ photo from hankooki: http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/201209/h20120928171748111780.htm

Hi all! I bring some OMG!!! goodies:

You knows who's who and where she was?   :-B

adrSO8Eh.jpg

acrtQoBP.jpg

abn2rJKB.jpg

Credit: Nate

These were the caps from KBS2 Music Bank 6 Feb 2009! Some hardworking netizens managed to dug it. So, SY was only almost 16 years old back then, hadn't even started high school. Wow! She was one of JEWELRY girlband's back dancer at that time. No wonder she's so good at dancing.

Micheru said: BREAKING NEWS! no... Joo Won and SY are not dating... yet. :P but this news is seriously on every internet portal. it basically say SY was on stage with Jewelry (the K-pop female group) when she was 16 years old. i am using Google translation, so it could be slightly off. i believe SY was probably a back-up dancer for them, which would make sense actually.

cutieloverz said: Micheru said: BREAKING NEWS! no... Joo Won and SY are not dating... yet. :P but this news is seriously on every internet portal. it basically say SY was on stage with Jewelry (the K-pop female group) when she was 16 years old. i am using Google translation, so it could be slightly off. i believe SY was probably a back-up dancer for them, which would make sense actually.

@Micheru: Hahahaha we had same mind again!!! Posted the same things. We're really soulmate kekeke....

@Jessi15: Yes I'm a girl  :P

But seriously, all this while I thought SY really was debuted when she was 17 years old, no prior entertainment industry's connection, that her agency was saving her up until they felt she was ready to makes big impact, didn't want to wasted her on child/teenage roles (SY only did the young ver. of main character once in The Duo, but The Duo had one of longest teenage story arc of main characters, 8 episodes, so she could still made impact). But it turns out that she had connection to entertainment industry much prior, as a dancer. That means she was a trainee in Jewelry's company? Hmmmm....

I'm glad she doesn't take the idol path. There are too many young girls idols already nowadays, it start to get redundant and makes the competition more and more harder. It's so difficult just to stand out among other groups and members. While on the other hand, young actresses are so much more rare to find.

And JW already picks his new drama too! See, both of them JW and SY are two of most workaholic actors-actresses I've ever seen in K Drama Land. So many resemblances between them that it goes beyond coincidences already *sigh*.

@Pavlichenko I just saw the ep13+14 preview in FF'thread, OMO DM was forced- by In Ha!! GGGRRR.... Even Shunji was obsessed and evil yet he did not even force himself on her, well the most was only a hug in front of Kang To. This In Ha character is really getting on my nerve. Ah, and DM brings JH home to see her family, interesting. I wonder what her brother is going to do? It makes me really sad to think that BM team was so stingy that we hardly got any sweet moments of our KangDan. I thought that it may be because of SY' age that they tried to tone down the kissing scenes but apparently not. You are right about "coincidences", they are so much alike in many ways that it is not far to say that they are quite compatible.

Guest sunshine4ever

Here Jessi, this picture is from Se Yeon's Twitter....oh my she looks so pretty in the recent pics at FF thread.

zisnbb.jpg

I think there are pictures of her fanarts as well, but I don't have time to upload now. Will be back later.

@Jessi15: I think the chaste and far-away kisses in BM were related to the setting era rather than SY's age. SY's has proved she can do more than those in MDtF and now FF. In MDtF her kisses with CJH were all swoon-worthy. Her kiss with JJH was also a pure and innocent one, but she still gave response, and of course this new hot forced kiss with JCW.  BM's PD probably thought that kind of drama was only needed 1 kiss, so he decided to shot the proposing kiss from far away. 

a soompi article for the recent SY's news:
photo credits to hankookisjmao201209281715130.jpg

Netizens Dig Up Actress Jin Se Yeon’s Pastby: halves in unisonSeptember 29, 2012You know you're famous when people start digging up your past... or at least it's a good sign that you're getting popular. Well, some netizen decides to borrow Sherlock Holmes' hat and start a little detective journey. Turns out that Jin Se Yeon is an ex-trainee from Star Empire Entertainment, the home of artists like Jewelry, ZE:A and V.O.S.The two pictures show her as Jewelry's back up dancer. She's looking cute wearing a school outfit with a red headband and two pony tails.Other netizens who saw the picture commented, "This is proof she's always been pretty," "This must've been during her high school days. She's so innocent looking," "She’s been exuding a celebrity vibe since those days," receiving much praises for her looks.In other news, she’s currently filming for the SBS’s weekend drama "Five Fingers."
credits: http://www.soompi.com/2012/09/29/netizens-dig-up-actress-jin-se-yeons-past/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i always thought SY was part of Wellmade StarM before officially debuting in 2010. i guess when she was about 15 years old, she signed onto that other agency. no wonder she was in so many CFs between 2009 and 2010. those CFs weren't given to her from Wellmade StarM, but from Star Empire. -_- i swear i learn new things about SY every day.