Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

I found this post from tumblr.
tumblr_n6n6u8MtLT1tsq7neo1_500.jpg

Recently I feel a bit sad because of all the comment I read in different thread. People critize Jin Se Yeon for her acting, saying stuff like they will stop watching DS because of her or her character. Even if I can understand everyone opinion I still feel hurt because I wonder what she may be feeling if she sees this kind of comment… it’s really break my little heart but then I find some interview that she did back then and I just thought that she is really amazing so I’ll share it here and I hope that people will see her hardworking through DS and it’ll change their mind gradually. Please give a lot of love for Jin Se Yeon and DS.
Interview for star.ohmynews about her played in Closer (translation by The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview)If you did have any dating experience, you would understand the play’s situation a little better, but since you’re in a position where you’re immersed into the play without having that dating experience, it seems like there would be some difficulty. […] ‘Closer’ is a project that has a lot of dialogue. It’s true that it was difficult to not have any feeling come to me when the seniors suggested that I have to put some emotion into my lines. There are a lot of things that I realized while acting, saying remarks such as ‘So that’s how that is’.”

Is the feeling different when you are awarded the Rookie Actress Award? “I won the award in 2011 at SBS and last year at KBS. Whenever I win an award, I’m very thankful. I go forward with my acting, since I was awarded for showing myself as the actress Jin Se Yeon.”

It’s difficult for people to act in one drama as the protagonist, but you did three last year. It seems like a lot of people must have learned about you. “Every time I go in for casting, I have feelings of doubt and ask myself ‘why did the director choose me ? (Laughs) At the same time, there’s no other thought in my head except that I have to act very well, and looking back, it’s something I’m very thankful for. even in my neighborhood, there are a lot of people that recognize me. However amazing that is, as soon as I leave the neighborhood, the people don’t know me very well. (Laughs)
Interview for asiatoday (translation by The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview)“There was a lot of burden in the beginning, but when I worried about it, I thought about whether this drama would do well or not. I had the heart to act where I would work hard in those role and avoid any damage. While acting as Dah-mi, there were no makjang elements for her, so there wasn’t anything difficult or anything I didn’t understand. However, I thought it must have been difficult for the other actors as I watched the broadcast.”
“In the positive aspects of Mok-dan, I’m very similar. As I acted as her, it seemed like part of me got brighter. I acted as a character who was poor and polite, but in the future, I want to act as a character who is rich and acts rashly. A tomboy who has an ‘idiotic beauty’. As I get older, I want to act as a villain and a femme fatale.”
Interview for The Chosunilbo “Jin Se-yeon on Becoming Famous Overnight”However, the fact that she has been cast in similar roles has led to suspicions about her acting ability, and spawned rumors that a powerful figure was ensuring she got the best roles, or that her own father is perhaps some influential business tycoon. "I probably would have had the same suspicions if I was a viewer," Jin said. "I wanted to change my hairstyle, dye it or do something to get a different look, but I really had no time due to back-to-back filming schedules. It’s too bad that I often didn’t even have enough time to prepare extensively for the roles I took."

cre: jinseyeonworld

thank you @thanhthuy for the interview :-*

btw i'm so curious whether seyeon driving her impressive yellow sport car by herself or they used stunts ? bec i already saw Sora driving her sport car herself, but actually i never saw seyeon did it literally :D the camera is always taking back angles everytime the car actually moves :D

Guest muizzupr

sophie

said: what i've been most afraid of the amounts of this JSY hates is how far it will effects her carreer post-DS  :-SS

i'm so scares that the dramas producers wont offers her drama projects anymore due to concerns about the audiences acceptance toward JSY, that what i scares the most about this whole ridiculous hates and bashes to her 

:-SS

No matter what her haters say, for someone so young she is doing well. <3Granted, her acting is still lacking, but she improved since Bridal Mask, and that's what matters, right? I hope she keeps improving her acting till even her haters will start to respect her as an actress at least. ^^
As far as I'm concerned I'd love to see her in a romantic comedy next. The reason? I think it would be the perfect fit for her cheerful disposition. ;)Though I admit that I'm kind of tired of praying for her character to stay alive.. x_x

@muizzupr Thank you for all your kind words :)
I want Seyeon do a rom-com drama next time too. It's suitable for her age and her personality too. I think she could shine brightly with a great rom-com. And she indeed needs a gap between projects. She even said in one of her interviews that she hasn't had time to prepare for the role or experienced the feeling of " it's over" since she's kept on working continuosly. She works hard and I know that's the way she enjoys her life but I really really wish she could have time relaxing for herself like hanging out with friends or playing sports. 

Hey guys, I've been neglecting this thread - spending too much time on the DS and shipper threads.  I just want to say how beautiful our girl is.  She's so luminous in the show.  And so tiny.  LOL. She looks really good in her scrubs. I especially love how she looks in that lacy powder blue dress in episode 10. I think she pairs so well with LJS, being a lot more petite.  She's looks so fragile in that blue dress that my heart bleeds for her. I hope they stop putting in the white shirts because it makes her look a lot older. She looks so much younger in the blue dress. JSY fighting!!

Hello all !!!!!  :x  :x  

Been too long since I've been here. As I've said in HoonHee thread, super busy these past few weeks. And oh this thread has been growing even faster than the last time I've been here. Hello to new fans too!  I actually have few comments and things to says but it will be quite long and sadly I don't have the time nor energy to write it now. Hopefully later. 

And by the way don't know whether they had been posted or not, but here some of shoots for JULIUS Watches print ads (as JSY is their new exclusive model): 

7f3e6709c93d70cfe88e74ecfadcd100bba12bdf

034f78f0f736afc37552e184b119ebc4b64512f0

4aed2e738bd4b31ca14a4a5a85d6277f9f2ff8d9

Weibo

As usual with her angel-like smile (seriously girl has one of prettiest smile and laugh I've ever known. So infectious). No wonder male co-stars and staffs always praises her; Joo Won, Kim Hyun Joong, Ji Chang Wook, Joo Ji Hoon, Yoo Jae Suk, and I'm sure LJS also later, though he doesn't have to as they were already old friends.