Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

@sunshine4ever and sophiechoice - the interview pictorials that lovinslevine posted are somewhat old. the mydaily, tvdaily, and starnews ones are from June 2012... while the ohmystar ones are from February 2012. SY hasn't had a news pictorial for a while, but she did have a new interview and some new ad pictures, which Pavlichenko posted on page 7. SY has been pretty busy with "FF" filming. maybe that's why there isn't that much new stuffs of her.regarding "FF", Jessi15 posted a wonderful response on page 9. sincerely, i am only watching for SY. i agree with sophiechoice that "FF" is kind of boring at times. -_- that's probably why some of the audience is tuning out and watching "May Queen" instead.deary, you are not the only one still obsessed with "BM" and the main couple. i have KBS World, so i can still watch "BM" every Wednesday and Thursday for 2 more weeks. i swear i go on soompi so much nowadays. it's like i live here! :P the funny thing is i have been a soompi member for 6 years, and not one drama have made me stalk this forum THAT MUCH. or one actress that have made me post so much. O_O i am literally a camper here in SY's thread. so, you're not the only one who might need help.sigh, i am really obsessive about my JooSeyeon ship... so much so that i wanted to throw things at poor JW for calling SY a 'friend'. seriously, there should be a place where we can discuss JW and SY together, along with our beloved KangDan couple. hmmm... you might just see one very soon. ;)
@uknowahah the cyber attacks that Jessi15 mentioned were on twitter. a bunch of Eun Jung's fans basically tweeted at SY with horrible names and cussed so much at her. hopefully SY didn't get to see those messages. i would hate to imagine her crying over them. :( keep in mind that not every EJ fans are like this. those people were randomly attacking SY with so much hate that i just don't understand. andysarang from tumblr posted most of the negative tweets, and i'll give you girls the choice of reading how malicious they were. i'll post the links rather than the actual composition. i don't want such negativity to be on here. tumblr_m9b17qJtTy1qilaxxo1_1280.png tumblr_m9b17qJtTy1qilaxxo2_1280.png tumblr_m9b17qJtTy1qilaxxo3_1280.png tumblr_m9b17qJtTy1qilaxxo4_1280.png
@Jessi15 you must think i am so weird... working myself up for something so trivial. :( what can i say? i am reading way too much into what JW was saying because i love JW and SY together... and pretty much what he said kind of crushed that dream. i actually read SY's new interview, and i like the way she called him 'child'. it seemed really cute. the majority of JW's interview made me upset rather than jump with joy. -_-okay... i need to stop talking about the darn interview. i am wearing you girls out.

Yeeeei gals, I'm back. Such a good sleep in the hole :P There are some new news about SY this past few days. They're about how FF production team praises JSY for synchronize 100% with Da Mi's role, she's exactly the DM they always imagined her to be, despite she joined later in the game than other casts. Another was about how Jeon Mi Sun (DM's mother) said how she getting along so well with SY, and regarded her and Jung Eun Woo (DM's bro) like her own children. I haven't posted the news b'coz there are no English translation yet. I'll post the news link later.

Micheru

said:

@lovinslevine you're back! :) i have missed you, my fellow SY lover. thank you for the pictures. but wait... isn't it very early in the morning where you live? wow, you really love soompi forum, don't you? i want to say thanks for the photo hosting site ideas. i have imageshack already, but it won't let me upload big or long pictures either. :( i guess i have to deal with photobucket then.
@amlogos_10 oh my gosh... you're the 1st person on soompi to called me 'cute'. it's such a honor because i like your analyses on "BM" and 'Mok Dan'. like you, i also hope JW and SY keep in touch. they both seem to get along very well, since they both have similar personalities. regardless of them having a romantic relationship or not, at least they have a good platonic relationship off-screen. i also want to say welcome to this thread, and i hope you will come out of your lurker mode and share news of SY with us. :) i can only contribute pictures and weird long ramblings, which i think everyone here find annoying. i wish i knew Chinese better so i can help you with translating news.

@Micheru and @Jessi15.. Ouch! Thanks for the information. Since that's her twitter account, she probably would've seen them and yeah I really can't imagine how excruciating she must have felt. Hopefully these unpleasant experience would make her a stronger person. She's not receiving anymore of those comments now right? It has been 10 episodes and those fans should have chilled by now. They are saying that she accepted the role even before Eun Jung was dismissed. Although I'm not sure if it's just rumors but I'm personally glad that the change was made because I'm quite frustrated with the T-ara's scandal.  [-( Ahh.. Shouldn't have brought up the unhappy issue   :o3

All SY's STAN, as I said, don't worry 'bout those insults. There are many more others who choose to support SY, or at least not blamed her, be it her fans, FF fans, JJH and JCW's fans, or even T-ara fans. Thanks God there are still people with right logics and manners. There were even rumors: some "insiders" said that actually, producers had been thinking about SY from the start when they read Da Mi's character description. But b'coz SY was already in BM, they searched for another candidates, and finally chose EJ. But when they had to replaced her, of course SY was the first one popped back on their minds.

SY has her own reasons for accepted FF, as this English translation article said (this had been posted before but I'll do it again, for @uknowahah and others who're new to this thread):

Five Fingers’ Jin Se Yun is piano girl

sep 1, 2012 Author: daiko | Filed under: korean drama

Turns out, rising actress Jin Se Yun has a musical ability. She can play piano.

Media said that Jin Se Yun’s piano skill was the main reason why PD Choi Young Hoon picked her to replace T-ara Eun Jung.

She showed her ability during Five Fingers‘ filming on August 30. She easily moved her fingers on the piano.

Jin Se Yun said ,” I learned piano for 6 years. I can play the title song of movie The Unspeakable Secret without chord sheet. I feel lucky that I’m familiar with piano. Moreover, Jun Mi Sun who play my mother in this drama teaches me a lot about acting. It’s very helpful for me to play Dami’s character”

It seemed that Jin Se Yun started to enjoy her Five Fingers‘ filming.

After news broke that she replaced Eun Jung last week, she experienced not so smooth transition.

She was in the final stage of filming KBS’ Bridal Mask and had to start filming for SBS’ Five Fingers.

Jin Se Yun’s agency revealed that there’s emergency request from SBS and after deep thought , Jin Se Yun received it because she experienced a similar situation before. Jin Se Yun was in the last stage of filming SBS’ My Daughter Kkotnim when she started filming for KBS’ Bridal Mask. There’s no problem at that time because both SBS and KBS gave her permission. That’s why , this time when SBS needs help, Jin Se Yun wants to help.

Beside that, it’s hard for Jin Se Yun to reject SBS’ request because SBS generously gave her first lead role for My Daughter Kkotnim although she was just a new actress at that time.

Jin Se Yun’s agency also revealed that when they received request from SBS for Five Fingers, Jin Se Yun immediately called Bridal Mask’s director, PD Yoon Sung Sik to apologize and ask for permission and finally got it as far as it didn’t harm Bridal Mask’s filming schedule.

Source : Stoo, Chosun

http://koreanvibe.com/five-fingers-jin-se-yun-is-piano-girl

Guest sunshine4ever

I was going to come here to drop off an interview that was posted at BM that mrdimples translated but you beat me to it! @lovinslevine...since the news is from us (soompi) you really don't have to link the Bridal Mask FB dearie... :D Thanks for posting the news.

Guest sunshine4ever

@Micheru, thanks dear for sweet comments about Bridal Mask and SY & JW. I'm sorry that SY was attacked by the massive cyber attacks like that. Poor girl. I hope she's okay if she happened to understand it. It's over though, right? And by the way, why are you feeling said about what JW saying about SY? Aren't most of the stuffs he said compliments to her? By the way, did you download Firefox and get to save pics as you asked me last time?

@Jessi15, sorry I don't know how to make poster. :( But we can patch them up, right? hehee...I saw really cute white photos of JW & SY in both of their threads and I like them so much. 

guess what i made, fellow SY stans? A WHOLE ENTIRE THREAD FOR OUR 'KANGDAN' COUPLE!!! :x please come and spread the love for Joo Won and Se Yeon. the thread also extends to 'JooSeyeon' shippers as well... because you know i made it with that intention. ;)http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2006887/official-kangdan-couple-thread-joo-won-jin-se-yeon
a big thanks to sunshine4ever for giving me the push to finally make a thread. :-*

to sort of ease my aching shipper heart, i decided to look at the possibility of Lee Ji Hoon and SY together. :x i realize i need to ship SY with all her male costars. that way, i won't get so emotionally involved. once again, i got the pictures off of SY's baidu photo album. the original source is stated above each picture.
from Lee Ji Hoon's twitterLJH-JSY.jpgJSY-LJH.jpg^ don't they look totally cute together? in all honesty, i think on the set of "MDtF", SY got along more with Lee Ji Hoon than Choi Jin Hyuk.
this is from SY's cyworldLJH-BJM-JSY.jpg^ the guy in the middle is Baek Jong Min, another actor who got along really well with SY. she uploaded several pictures she took with him on her twitter.

@sophiechoice at first i was totally mad at Joo Won, but now that i have calmed down, i am still on JooSeyeon ship, regardless if they date or not. i am just happy SY got a chance to work with JW and became acquainted with him. i really hope they keep in touch in the future. they both have similar personalities, so i hope they will maintain their friendship. if it becomes something more, then i am truly happy for them. like everyone, i also want a 2nd collaboration for JW and SY... whether it may be a drama, movie, or CF. is it too much if i want ALL 3 to happen? :P
@Pavlichenko did my snoring bother you too much? i hope you slept well last night. :)) thanks for the news update. it is always good to hear actors and actresses getting along well on set. SY really do have good rapport with everyone she meet. i probably bet all she needs to do is smile that beautiful smile of hers, and everyone around her just melt into a puddle of goo. hahaha!by the way, i love to know where you read SY news. you always seem to know so much about her background, and have a lot of intimate insider information.
@lovinslevine i hope you're not too busy with college. we SY stans need your updates and pictures.

i am sorry for the back-to-back posts. they were getting too lengthy, so i had to break the replies up.

@sunshine4ever and uknowahah the twitter attacks are definitely over. it happened at the end of August, so by now, all the haters have moved on and stopped harassing SY.

i like everything JW said in his recent interview, but when he started talking about how he feels towards his female costars and his decision on why he chose SY over Uee to be his ideal type, that's where i was not happy. i am not good at explaining myself, so i will quote lysback's post from JW's thread on page 79:

"This made me laugh, because while I do believe that Joo Won has good feelings towards Se Yeon his answer just made me be sure that he likes the fox better even if he stated that he preferred the bear type, which shows that people don't always go to their ideal types, mostly because he admitted once again that he totally would have dated Uee, and his description towards Se Yeon was more of a friend. That raises my suspicions again that they dated/had feelings for each other once, or are still dating/have feelings."

JW basically admitted to having feelings for Uee, and would have dated her if they both decided to try it. so him choosing SY in the end was a cop-out. the whole ideal type answers were a confirmation that he goes for girls like Uee, and he sees SY more as a good friend.

okay... i think it is high time i moved on from this issue. i will post goodies for everyone to make up for my many posts of long ramblings.

Guest sunshine4ever

@Micheru, hope to comfort you there. Don't worry too much about Joo Won and how he feels because you know it can't be permanent. If Joo Won really desired to be with Uee and especially if he really liked her, nothing will stop him from being with her. But since that didn't happen, so you can see that Joo Won had moved on from Uee. I just like Joo Won with Se Yeon very much, but then I know with time I have to move on myself, too. It's not easy shipping actors in real life because you risk going through all the emotions when things don't work out for them. For me, it's a great compliment that Joo Won gave Se Yeon because it just showed that, Se Yeon, regardless of being new and may not be the most experienced actress, turns everything around with her her bright personality. Just look at what he said about her:  "She’s the kind of girl who is always laughing and spreads “happy virus” to others around her. " it's great people get a good start as friends because you can't date someone if you can't get along with them, hehe...Se Yeon is way too young...Jessi (@Jessi15) once told me that maybe with time she grows older and she's older and well if opportunity comes then they will have something together...that's when she's 25 (let's say) and he is 31, haha, they can be together. Oh, dear, thinking about this isn't funny anymore. I really like them together as KT-MD so I think I am hopeless here since I kept saying I respect their offscreen/personal life, yet something is going inside of me that hopes that they're gonna be at some point in time be together. kekkekee...I have a lot of favorite onscreen couples, but not a lot stirs this inside of me.

here are some pretty SY's twitter photos. i got these pictures from her baidu photo album. seriously, i need a new place to get my SY pics. i have exhausted all her baidu threads. -_-
SY's high school graduationhs-grad.jpg
her high school diplomahsdiploma.jpg
backstage at 2011's SBS Drama Awards with her New Star Awardsbs-award.jpg
birthday cake from her official fan cafe, S.A.Y., on February 2012bday-2012.png
all are from SY's twitter, via her baidu photo album.