Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Gantaek/ Queen: Love and War/ Selection: The War Between Women/ Selection: Girl's War airs today!

JSY's  beautiful character poster:

queen-love-and-war-jin-se-yeon.jpg

Link to the article.  All the posters are gorgeous.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1369890wpp/queen-love-and-war-starring-jin-se-yeon-and-kim-min-kyu-introduces-main-cast-with-beautiful-character-posters

JSY looked so beautiful (of course!) at the press conference on Thursday. There are so many great pictures and she seems to have a lovely relationship with her male lead, kim Min Kyu, and the rest of the cast and director.

• 2 months later...

Queen: Love and War was a great drama and I loved her chemistry with Kim Min Kyu:heart:   Queen: Love and War did very well for TV Chosun and ended with the highest ratings of any TV Chosun drama ever with 6.3%.  JSY second record breaking drama for TVChosun after Grand Prince:D

giphy.gif

JSY is already confirmed for a new drama "Born Again" to start airing on KBS in Mon-Tues slot in April!

Update: Jin Se Yeon Confirmed To Play Dual Roles In New Drama With Jang Ki Yong And Lee Soo Hyuk

Jan 30, 2020
by C. Hong

Updated February 3 KST:

Jin Se Yeon is confirmed to star in KBS’s upcoming drama “Born Again” (working title) alongside Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk!

The actress will play two characters at once. One character, Jung Ha Eun, live in the 1980s and is the owner of a secondhand bookstore called “Old Future.” The other character, Jung Sa Bin, lives in the present and is a bioarchaeologist who has a strong urge to figure out all of the secrets and stories behind nameless remains. Though the two characters have different souls, the fact that they both have pure hearts is a similarity that transcends time.

The producers of “Born Again” shared, “The purity that actress Jin Se Yeon has resembles Jung Ha Eun, and her positive energy is like Jung Sa Bin’s. Please look forward to the first broadcast to see what kind of chemistry she creates with Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk.”

“Born Again” is slated to begin airing in April.

Source (1)

Original Article:

Jin Se Yeon may be playing the female lead in a love triangle with Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk!

On January 30, a source from the upcoming KBS drama “Born Again” (working title) stated that Jin Se Yeon was currently positively reviewing her casting offer.

Earlier that day, Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk had been confirmed to play the male leads. Jang Ki Yong will take on the dual roles of lone wolf Gong Ji Chul in 1986 and medical student Chun Jong Bum in 2020. Lee Soo Hyuk will play both the pure-hearted detective Cha Hyung Bin in 1986 and the objective prosecutor Kim Soo Hyuk in 2020.

“Born Again” is a mystery melodrama about two men and a woman whose fates become entwined through a dramatic incident in the 1980s. They are reincarnated into new lives in 2020 with totally different personalities, but their tangled destiny remains the same.

Jin Se Yeon is currently starring in the historical drama “Queen: Love and War.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380119wpp/jin-se-yeon-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-drama-with-jang-ki-yong-and-lee-soo-hyuk

The script reading was held on the 5th February and KBS just released pictures this week.  JSY looks so beautiful and I'm excited to see her in this new role:

Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More Gather For Script Reading Of Upcoming Drama

Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More Gather For Script Reading Of Upcoming Drama

Feb 18, 2020
by J. Lim

KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Born Again” is getting ready to begin!

“Born Again” will be a mystery melodrama that follows the story of three people and the fate that ties them together across two separate lives through reincarnation.

The drama recently held a script reading for the drama that was attended by director Jin Hyung Wook, screenwriter Jung Soo Mi, and cast members Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Jung Nan, Choi Kwang Il, Jung In Gyeom, Jang Won Young, and more.

Moon Bo Hyun, the head of KBS’s drama center, stated, “This will be KBS’s first Monday-Tuesday drama in approximately four months. I have high expectations with such a great cast. I hope everyone is able to create great memories through this project.”

As the script reading started, the atmosphere turned more serious as the actors fell into their roles. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will all play two different characters across two separate lives, and they had great chemistry from the start. Kim Jung Nan perfectly played a provocative and dangerous woman, while Choi Kwang Il had a commanding presence. Jung In Gyeom added more mystery to the story as an evil figure, while Jang Won Young made everyone laugh with his comical acting.

Born-Again.jpg

The production staff of “Born Again” stated, “The script reading was overflowing with passion and energy as the lead actors gathered. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, and everyone did their best to create moments you couldn’t take your eyes off of,” and “We are currently busy filming the drama so please anticipate it.”

“Born Again” will premiere in April.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383681wpp/jang-ki-yong-jin-se-yeon-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-gather-for-script-reading-of-upcoming-drama

Honestly, I'm not particularly excited about either of the male co-stars  in this drama but I will give them a chance as the story does sound interesting and maybe they will win me over onscreen.

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Queen: Love and War was a great drama and I loved her chemistry with Kim Min Kyu:heart:   Queen: Love and War did very well for TV Chosun and ended with the highest ratings of any TV Chosun drama ever with 6.3%.  JSY second record breaking drama for TVChosun after Grand Prince:D

giphy.gif

JSY is already confirmed for a new drama "Born Again" to start airing on KBS in Mon-Tues slot in April!

Update: Jin Se Yeon Confirmed To Play Dual Roles In New Drama With Jang Ki Yong And Lee Soo Hyuk

Jan 30, 2020
by C. Hong

Updated February 3 KST:

Jin Se Yeon is confirmed to star in KBS’s upcoming drama “Born Again” (working title) alongside Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk!

The actress will play two characters at once. One character, Jung Ha Eun, live in the 1980s and is the owner of a secondhand bookstore called “Old Future.” The other character, Jung Sa Bin, lives in the present and is a bioarchaeologist who has a strong urge to figure out all of the secrets and stories behind nameless remains. Though the two characters have different souls, the fact that they both have pure hearts is a similarity that transcends time.

The producers of “Born Again” shared, “The purity that actress Jin Se Yeon has resembles Jung Ha Eun, and her positive energy is like Jung Sa Bin’s. Please look forward to the first broadcast to see what kind of chemistry she creates with Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk.”

“Born Again” is slated to begin airing in April.

Source (1)

Original Article:

Jin Se Yeon may be playing the female lead in a love triangle with Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk!

On January 30, a source from the upcoming KBS drama “Born Again” (working title) stated that Jin Se Yeon was currently positively reviewing her casting offer.

Earlier that day, Jang Ki Yong and Lee Soo Hyuk had been confirmed to play the male leads. Jang Ki Yong will take on the dual roles of lone wolf Gong Ji Chul in 1986 and medical student Chun Jong Bum in 2020. Lee Soo Hyuk will play both the pure-hearted detective Cha Hyung Bin in 1986 and the objective prosecutor Kim Soo Hyuk in 2020.

“Born Again” is a mystery melodrama about two men and a woman whose fates become entwined through a dramatic incident in the 1980s. They are reincarnated into new lives in 2020 with totally different personalities, but their tangled destiny remains the same.

Jin Se Yeon is currently starring in the historical drama “Queen: Love and War.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1380119wpp/jin-se-yeon-in-talks-to-star-in-upcoming-drama-with-jang-ki-yong-and-lee-soo-hyuk

The script reading was held on the 5th February and KBS just released pictures this week.  JSY looks so beautiful and I'm excited to see her in this new role:

Feb 18, 2020
by J. Lim

KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Born Again” is getting ready to begin!

“Born Again” will be a mystery melodrama that follows the story of three people and the fate that ties them together across two separate lives through reincarnation.

The drama recently held a script reading for the drama that was attended by director Jin Hyung Wook, screenwriter Jung Soo Mi, and cast members Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, Kim Jung Nan, Choi Kwang Il, Jung In Gyeom, Jang Won Young, and more.

Moon Bo Hyun, the head of KBS’s drama center, stated, “This will be KBS’s first Monday-Tuesday drama in approximately four months. I have high expectations with such a great cast. I hope everyone is able to create great memories through this project.”

As the script reading started, the atmosphere turned more serious as the actors fell into their roles. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will all play two different characters across two separate lives, and they had great chemistry from the start. Kim Jung Nan perfectly played a provocative and dangerous woman, while Choi Kwang Il had a commanding presence. Jung In Gyeom added more mystery to the story as an evil figure, while Jang Won Young made everyone laugh with his comical acting.

Born-Again.jpg

The production staff of “Born Again” stated, “The script reading was overflowing with passion and energy as the lead actors gathered. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Soo Hyuk, and everyone did their best to create moments you couldn’t take your eyes off of,” and “We are currently busy filming the drama so please anticipate it.”

“Born Again” will premiere in April.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383681wpp/jang-ki-yong-jin-se-yeon-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-gather-for-script-reading-of-upcoming-drama

Honestly, I'm not particularly excited about either of the male co-stars  in this drama but I will give them a chance as the story does sound interesting and maybe they will win me over onscreen.

Cant wait to watch this latest drama.  Hope there will be some behind the scene shots which I always watching.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Kimac said:

Cant wait to watch this latest drama.  Hope there will be some behind the scene shots which I always watching.

Yes! Recently, we usually have to wait a year or more between dramas so it will be amazing to have a new Se Yeon drama so soon after her last drama:) There should be behind the scenes videos as this is airing on KBS and they are good with providing tidbits for viewers.

KBS released some new pictures from the script reading.  JSY looks so beautiful:wub:

Now I need to find out who or how to change the title of this thread.  The typo has been bothering me for ages!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely JSY fan has started an IG to ID JSY's outfits.  I think Se Yeon is one of the most stylish female celebrities but it's hard to find info on her outfits so this makes me happy

https://www.instagram.com/jinseyeonlookbook/

Some more great news! JSY finally has a new photo shoot for the first time in a very very very long time with The Star Magazine.  So excited to see the new shoot!  She looks unbelievably gorgeous:wub:

Her make-up artist posted some lovely behind the scenes pictures too:heart::

JSY also posted an adorable picture to say thank to her fans for her birthday a couple of weeks ago.  The gifts the fans bought for her are so lovely and thoughtful.

• 3 weeks later...

Introductory video from tHe Star photoshoot

Some pictures and short interview credit to lighthoney1610 IG for the translation

Only  a short interview and not many pictures but I'm just excited because it's so long since we last saw her in a proper photoshoot!

Jin Se Yeon Describes Her Ideal Romance And Favorite Hobbies

Jin Se Yeon Describes Her Ideal Romance And Favorite Hobbies

Mar 27, 2020
by S. Park

Jin Se Yeon spoke about her professional and love life with The Star!

On March 27, the magazine released photos from the actress’s pictorial where she showcased her elegance and more. In the accompanying interview, she said, “It was fun. The pink outfit and sofa was a good fit for me. I also had fun filming because of the good reactions on set.”

Jin Se Yeon is currently gearing up for the premiere of “Born Again.” Introducing the upcoming series, she said, “It’s a drama that shows the 1980s and the present. It tells the mysterious story of a love triangle between two men and one woman whose fates intertwined across two lives through reincarnation. I’m portraying two roles in the drama. My 1980s character has the feeling of a first love heroine, while my character in the present is like a ‘girl crush.’ Female viewers will probably like her more.”

Jin-Se-Yeon_2.jpg

As for her interests and hobbies, she explained, “I enjoy painting by numbers. This time spent alone focusing and emptying my thoughts helps me. It helps me relieve stress and I really need the time to space out.”

When asked about her ideal romance, Jin Se Yeon replied, “When I watch a film, I see couples where only the two of them exist in the world. I have not been in that kind of love yet. I want to fall completely in love. I think it might be hard in reality, but I’m always dreaming of it.”

She concluded, “I like being described as lovely. ‘Pretty’ is good too, but lovely is something that is said when you sincerely feel it. It’s the same for acting. When I hear, ‘Jin Se Yeon is very lovely,’ it makes me think that I’m doing a good job.”

Jin-Se-Yeon_1.jpg

Jin Se Yeon’s interview and pictorial can be found in the April issue of The Star magazine.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390877wpp/jin-se-yeon-describes-her-ideal-romance-and-favorite-hobbies

• 2 weeks later...

:love:Lots of new pictures of our beautiful Se Yeon lately as promo for Queen: Love and War airing in Japan and upcoming Born Again:

From Japan site http://moo.fiora-di-pace.co.jp/moo/okuno-tinseyon/

JSY's make-up artist posted some behind the scenes pictures Clich through) from The Star photoshoot.  I actually prefer the BTS pictures because of the more dramatic make-up.  They toned the make-up down and photoshopped a bit too much in the published pictures

The Star magazine also posted this lovely video from the pictorial:

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to Jin Se Yeon 진세연

Great job!  Thanks for sharing your beautiful MVs @Yi Gui

11 hours ago, Kimat said:

Now that she is on break until we hear of her new projects, can only watch her on FMV.   Hopefully we do not have to wait too long..

I know!  We won't see her for a long time:criesariver:

At least the re-scheduled Japanese fan meeting should take place in November. Hopefully, she updates her Instagram more too.  It's sad we can't embed Instagram pictures anymore.  I suppose I can post the links but it's not the same. I was going to try to post more pictures on the thread from IG and it's hard to find good pictures of JSY on Twitter.

• 1 month later...

Hooray! New MC gig for JSY:issohappy:

Jun Hyun Moo And Jin Se Yeon Confirmed To Host 2020 Soribada Best K-Music Awards

Jul 29, 2020
by S. Nam

Jun Hyun Moo and Jin Se Yeon will be hosting the 2020 Soribada Best K-Music Awards!

Along with the first Soribada Best K-Music Awards in 2017 and the same award show held last year, this will be Jun Hyun Moo’s third time hosting the event. With his smooth hosting skills and experience from starring in numerous programs, Jun Hyun Moo will be in charge of this year’s award ceremony as well.

Furthermore, Jin Se Yeon has been confirmed to host the show alongside Jun Hyun Moo. In addition to showcasing her talented acting through multiple dramas and films, Jin Se Yeon has also revealed her witty nature on variety programs. Jin Se Yeon and Jun Hyun Moo’s new chemistry as MCs will be another interesting point to look out for at the 2020 Soribada Best K-Music Awards.

The upcoming ceremony will provide a full shot version of the performances as well as a multicam option, which will provide shots of the individual members from various angles so that viewers can enjoy the show in more ways than one. The ceremony will be broadcast live via the LG U+ Idol Live app.

The 2020 Soribada Best K-Music Awards will take place on August 13.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1415611wpp/jun-hyun-moo-and-jin-se-yeon-confirmed-to-host-2020-soribada-best-k-music-awards

And another new MC job:elated:

Jin Seyeon has been selected to host a special concert "Korea on Stage-Suwon Hwaseong Fortress" at the World Heritage site.

On August 10, KBS said, "Jin Seyeon will be on the stage of 'Korea on Stage-Suwon Hwaseong', a special broadcast day hosted by the Cultural Heritage Administration and Suwon City and organized by the Korea Foundation and KBS Korea Broadcasting System."

"Korea on Stage" is the first performance to feature a World Heritage Site, and is a mega-project of the Cultural Heritage Foundation that introduces numerous World Heritage Sites in Korea every year through performances in various genres. The beginning of the event is decorated by Hwaseong Fortress, which was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997.

Jin Seyeon, who recently captivated the small screen with deep acting and excellent character digestion through dramas such as "Queen: Love and War" and "Born Again," plans to play a role in sharing the history of cultural assets designated as World Heritage sites with people around the world.

In particular, she who drew favorable responses from viewers by showing her professional MC-like skills through events such as "Seoul Drama Awards" and "Korea Popular Music Awards" and a number of broadcasts, will make "Korea on Stage-Suwon Hwaseong Fortress" meaningful with her unique neat hosting skills.

Meanwhile, "Korea on Stage-Suwon Hwaseong" is preparing for a rich performance by top Korean artists representing each genre, ranging from popular K-pop idols leading the Korean Wave to classical music, Korean traditional music and crossover.

The recording will be held at 7:30 PM on the 22nd at an outdoor special stage in front of Hwaseomun Gate in Suwon, Gyeonggi Province, and will be aired on KBS 2TV for about 85 minutes from 10.30PM on September 3. It will be aired in 120 countries through KBS World channel.

Credit lighthoney1610 on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDsEuQGJWnJ/

JST also did a surprise vLive today!

https://www.vlive.tv/video/207641

• 4 months later...

Happy New Year!  Haven't updated ages but will try to do better this year:sweatingbullets:

JSY posted a sweet New Year greeting (she must have recorded it the same day as the KBS Entertainment Awards):transforms:

JSY also hosted the KBS Entertainment Awards last week

2020 was 10 years since JSY's debut as an actress.  Lovely gifts from international fans:foryou:

Spoiler

• 9 months later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1483503wpp/jin-se-yeon-in-talks-for-new-drama-with-kim-jaejoong

Jin Se Yeon might be working with Kim Jaejoong in a new drama!

On August 12, there were reports that the actress had been cast as the female lead in the upcoming drama “Bad Memory Eraser” (literal translation).

“Bad Memory Eraser” is a romance drama about a man whose life changes due to a memory eraser and the woman who holds his fate in her hands. In July, C-JeS Entertainment stated that Kim Jaejoong was in talks for the male lead.

Jin Se Yeon was reportedly cast in the role of Kyung Joo Yeon, a neuropsychiatrist at a neurological research center. She is described as a perfectionist whose cold personality earns her the nickname “ice princess,” but she is actually awkward at expressing her feelings due to a painful incident in her past
( they are already confirmed and started filming,now following each other on ig )