Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

On 1/21/2019 at 6:42 AM, djappleblush said:

Before I share the photos for "Item," here are the ones from her Japanese fan meeting event.

@djappleblush the pictures aren't showing :(

JSY will be holding another Japanese fanmeeting on June 29th 2019 so clearly her first one went well. She's working hard on her Japanese too. :D 

Grand Prince is also being repeated in Japan on Eisei Gekijo and in March it will be broadcast on Japan's main public channel NHK.  Thanks to @lighthoney on Twitter for the news:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Seems like JSY REALLY loved the food in Japan :w00t:The food looked so good! @my2kr who is someone in her glam team (not sure if she is hair or make-up) also posted some pictures of deliecious looking food in her Instagram Story.  Here are some pics from JSY's Japanese Twitter 

In thee second pic she said the Peach Coke was delicious too :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@raziela, OMG! I can't see them, too. I just saw them now. Holy crap!!!! Wait, lemme re-upload!!!

Anyway, only 3 more days before the start of "Item." So freaking excited!!!! LOL. Wish I could post here as often as I want, but life's being such a clingy BF, lmao. I gotta put food on the table. But Se Yeon and her projects are always on my mind, tho. Huhu... I see we all are quite busy right now. Oh, well.

So, yeah, it's Jin Se Yeon's birthday on February 15! Wuhoo!

I found this on insta. You can vote for her on the link provided at the caption. You can vote 10 times a day. Just refresh the page every time.

Also, here's another insta clip of Se Yeon's scenes and interview for "Item:"

ANOTHER NOTE: Soompi has more buttons now, just like before! So exciting!!!! Finally, the options are back!!!!!! Way to go, Soompi team!

• Love 2

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 AM, djappleblush said:

@raziela, OMG! I can't see them, too. I just saw them now. Holy crap!!!! Wait, lemme re-upload!!!

Anyway, only 3 more days before the start of "Item." So freaking excited!!!! LOL. Wish I could post here as often as I want, but life's being such a clingy BF, lmao. I gotta put food on the table. But Se Yeon and her projects are always on my mind, tho. Huhu... I see we all are quite busy right now. Oh, well.

So, yeah, it's Jin Se Yeon's birthday on February 15! Wuhoo!

I found this on insta. You can vote for her on the link provided at the caption. You can vote 10 times a day. Just refresh the page every time.

Also, here's another insta clip of Se Yeon's scenes and interview for "Item:"

Thanks for reposting the lovely pictures!

1 more day until ITEM premieres :w00t: 

It's OK if you don;t post that often.I always appreciate your fun and enthusiastic posts when you do comment but I totally understand how clingy life can be :lol:

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 AM, djappleblush said:

ANOTHER NOTE: Soompi has more buttons now, just like before! So exciting!!!! Finally, the options are back!!!!!! Way to go, Soompi team!

I LOVE the new buttons.  So much choice!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but JSY has had a new drama offer.  No news on whther she has accepted or not.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339803wpp/jin-se-yeon-in-talks-for-new-historical-fantasy-drama

On July 18, a source from the drama industry reported to Ilgan Sports that actress Jin Se Yeon would be starring in a new drama.

The new drama is reportedly titled “Selection – Girls’ War” (literal translation) and is said to be a 16-episode historical fantasy. It tells the story of the cutthroat competition around the selection of the new queen, who is the only person in the kingdom who can have power without relying on ministers or being a faithful servant. The story revolves around a woman who wants to become queen in order to find out the truth behind her twin sister’s murder, and the king of the Joseon dynasty who sees her face in his dreams.

Jin Se Yeon was reportedly cast in the role of Kang Eun Bo, the female lead, who has a lot of guts despite her delicate appearance. She decides to participate in the selection for the queen in order to get revenge on the person who wrongly killed her father and sister. Presumably because her sister is her twin, Jin Se Yeon is said to be playing two different roles in the drama.

On July 19, a source from Jin Se Yeon’s agency told TV Report, “TV Chosun’s new drama ‘Selection’ is only one of the casting offers that Jin Se Yeon has received. She hasn’t made a final decision yet.”

If Jin Se Yeon does accept the offer, she will be reuniting with Kim Jung Min, who directed TV Chosun’s “Grand Prince.”

“Selection” is set to begin filming in August and will premiere sometime in November.

• 3 months later...

Finally official announcement about JSY's new drama although have been filming about 2 months now!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1360278wpp/kim-min-kyu-jin-se-yeon-lee-si-eon-and-more-confirmed-for-upcoming-historical-drama

Kim Min Kyu, Jin Se Yeon, Lee Si Eon, And More Confirmed For Upcoming Historical Drama

Oct 21, 2019
by D. S.kim

TV Chosun’s upcoming historical drama “Selection – Girls’ War” (literal title) has confirmed its lead actors!

“Selection – Girls’ War” is a historical fantasy drama that tells the story of the cutthroat competition around the selection of the new queen, who is the only person in the kingdom who can have power without being related to the royal family.

Jin Se Yeon is confirmed to take on the role of Kang Eun Bo, a woman who wants to become queen in order to find out the truth behind her twin sister’s murder. Although she may appear weak, she is determined and willing to take on any challenges that may come in her way of achieving her goals. Jin Se Yeon will bring the character to life and earn the sympathy of viewers.

Kim Min Kyu is taking on the challenge of his first-ever historical drama. In the drama, he will play Yi Kyung, an intelligent and handsome prince who naturally becomes king as he is the only descendant from the direct line of the royal family. Kim Min Kyu hopes to portray a character who goes through various transformations as he learns the true meaning of being a king, chases after his dream of finding true love, and most importantly, shows growth in the process.

Lee Yul Eum has taken on the role of Jo Young Ji, a bright yet emotional daughter from a noble family. She finds herself often in trouble for her clumsiness, and she wishes nothing but to become Yi Kyung’s beloved woman.

Lee Si Eon will take on the role of Wal, a character who is loud and bad-mouthed. As the actor has already proven his stable acting skills in various dramas in the past, anticipation is high as to how he will transform into a new character in the upcoming drama.

Do Sang Woo will play Lee Jae Hwa, a man who suddenly goes from living in the streets to being the first in line to the throne. Do Sang Woo will present funny but dangerous situations that Lee Jae Hwa encounters after he coincidentally enters the palace while living carelessly without even learning how to write.

The production team said, “The five actors, each possessing different charms, will come together to complete a never-seen-before picture. Please look forward to ‘Selection,’ a historical fantasy drama that features explosive thrill and is filled with love.”

“Selection – Girls’ War” is set to premiere on December 15.

:grin: I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

More about the new variety show Jin Se Yeon will be participating in: 

Update: Jung Hye Young And Jin Se Yeon Join Jung Il Woo And More In New Cooking Variety Show

Oct 7, 2019
by J. Lim

Updated October 10 KST:

Jin Se Yeon and Jung Hye Young are joining the cast of “New Item Release, Convenience Store Restaurant” (literal title), which premieres later this month! They’ll be showing their cooking skills and everyday selves through the show.

Jin Se Yeon is an actress who has starred in dramas including “The Item,” “Grand Prince,” “Doctor Stranger,” and more. Jung Hye Young has starred in dramas including “The Crowned Clown,” “Goodbye to Goodbye,” and more.

Source (1) (2)

Original Article:

Jung Il Woo will be showing off his cooking skills in an upcoming variety show!

On October 7, it was reported that the actor would be joining the new KBS 2TV variety show “New Item Release, Convenience Store Restaurant” (literal title) as a fixed cast member, and the news was confirmed by his agency.

“Convenience Store Restaurant” will follow six celebrities who know their food as they share dishes that they’ve created. There will be a judging panel and the dish that wins will be released in convenience stores around the country the day after the broadcast.

The show hopes to set itself apart from previous convenience store-themed shows by creating completely new menus, rather than showing combinations people can create with pre-existing products. Sales from the released products will be donated to help children suffering from malnutrition, and the show has been garnering interest as it will be the first time that variety show veterans Lee Kyung Kyu and Lee Young Ja appear on a show together.

This will be the first time that Jung Il Woo has made the decision to appear as a fixed cast member on a variety show. The actor is known to be an excellent chef and food connoisseur, seeking out hidden eats, and he has participated in many charitable projects throughout his career. He stated, “I like to cook, and one of my greatest joys is cooking a delicious meal for my family and friends. I’m happy to be able to do something good through this program. I think I’ll be able to show viewers a comfortable and honest side of me. Please look upon me favorably.”

“Convenience Store Restaurant” will premiere on October 25 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357305wpp/jung-il-woo-to-join-lee-young-ja-and-lee-kyung-kyu-in-new-cooking-variety-show

Beautiful day for JSY videos :blush:

First very exciting teaser for Selection – Girls’ War (Gantaek)  I'm so excited. This looks like is going to be soooo good :astonished:

And a lovely fan account posted JSY's cuts from episode 2 of her new variety show (inside the spoiler bar below)

Spoiler

I don't know exactly what they are talking about as I don't speak Korean and there are no subtitles but I can mostly figure out what is going on in the videos :lol:

This is such a treat as we know how private JSY is!  We finally get to see her gorgeous home and more of her adorable puppy, Leo. I'm very impressed by her home. I'm usually disappointed by Korean interior decoration  which is very bland but her house has real character and the aesthetics are so pretty:heart: 

We even get to see JSY's mother. but, interestingly. they still blurred her face onscreen so looks like she still wants to protect the privacy of her family.

I noticed he always comments on her Instagram and it is so nice JSY is still friends with her co-star Shorry M from A Flower in Prison.  He is her guest tasting food around the city in this episode. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to Jin Se Yeon 진세연 - Upcoming Drama: Selection: Wat Between Women

There have been lots of English translations of the Gantaek title (Selection/ War of the Woman/Girl's War) but it looks like Soompi and viki have settled on Queen: Love and War

Two beautiful new posters for JSY's new drama were released over the past couple of weeks:

jin-se-yeon-kim-min-kyu.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1367800wpp/watch-kim-min-kyu-and-jin-se-yeons-new-historical-fantasy-drama-releases-mystery-packed-teaser