Jin Se Yeon 진세연

RoseM

Is that true? She will be in that international movie? Wow, I never see that coming! A pleasure, though. And with Liam Neeson, no less! One of the American actors whose voice I totally love and admire! Hoorah!

Oh, and she'll play a nurse? Nice one! Now we're both nurses. And what a reminiscence of her role in My daughter, Flower. :)

• Like 4

wew sorry I do not know how to edit that post (why the source on the top, when I'm sure I write in down??) I lost my account in this forum and I'm still confused how to post in  this 'new' soompi.

She's also playing the gf of lee jung jae  (she went to support him at the opening of assassination aswell lool ) 

I saw a pic of her and Lee Beom-Soo and it's so cuteeee xD why can't she play his gf instead  

• Like 3

LOL. Yes, I thought Lee Beom Soo looks great with our Yeon bear, too, LOL. Despite the age gap; I just love it how they smiled warmly at each other. :)

Seeing the group photo, I was like, "wow, Se Yeon sure is the only rose among the thorns." :D

And I'm so happy she got this opportunity to work with such seasoned and talented actors. I wonder how she got the role. She was so quiet about it. And right now, I just can't stop laughing imagining her haters' reactions. LOLOLOLOL. XD

• Like 1

I'm not sure if we already have a soompi thread for the movie. I tried making one last night but my internet connection's crappy as heck. But I definitely already have a folder of this movie in my USB device. :D

On another note: Am I the only one who can't move on from the way Lee Beom Soo was looking and smiling at Jin Se Yeon? Am I, please do tell, the only one feeling giddy and silly just by looking at them together?

Lee Beom Soo, despite his age, looks charming and funny, making him quite look young in a way that I can't really explain. There was just something "youthful" about him. Maybe it was also because I saw him on funny roles before, so for me, he looks younger than his real age.

Lee Jung Jae, on the other hand, appear stern and serious. Seeing him on the scandalous movie "The Housemaid" didn't help at all. I can only imagine him as someone too sexy and on the "sexual" side, if you get my drift. LOL. Ok, sorry for this. But I can also imagine Lee Jung Jae "romancing" Jin Se Yeon - not on the extreme-get-naked-really-make-out kind of way, but on that smoldering-melting-stare-and-sweet-kisses-and-hugs-and-hand-holdings kind of way.

But I still really would have preferred Lee Beom Soo - Jin Se Yeon pair-up. LOL. Guess we can't have our cake and eat it, too.

Edited by djappleblush
  • Like 3

I can definitely see her being partners with both guys tbh, she always looks waaay better with guys older then her with a more serious look lool, 

P.s : IMO ,I wouldn't mind a steamy scene with her and her co worker lmfao ,I mean she's a grown women so xD 

• Like 2

I can definitely see her being partners with both guys tbh, she always looks waaay better with guys older then her with a more serious look lool, 

P.s : IMO ,I wouldn't mind a steamy scene with her and her co worker lmfao ,I mean she's a grown women so xD 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I know right? Se Yeon has that vibe about her that she looks great with anyone - no matter the age. I don't know how she managed that. LOL. Cheers, RoseM!

Here, from Jin Se Yeon Arab fans facebook fan page:

12193587_1065765180130754_76304529449559

Who's feeling the chemistry?!?!?!?! :) :D

Edited by djappleblush
  • Like 2

Here's the press conference interviews/comments by the actors:

By Park Sojung

SEOUL, Oct. 30 (Yonhap) -- The upcoming South Korean war film "Operation Chromite" will pay tribute to the little-known heroes of the Battle of Incheon, producers said Friday.

On Sept. 15, 1950, the U.N. and South Korean forces penetrated Incheon, then captured by the North, through an amphibious invasion. That invasion, known as the Battle of Incheon, saved South Korea from the brink of Korean War defeat and played a decisive role in its victory against the North, according to historians.

"Operation Chromite," directed by John H. Lee, will center on a secret intelligence unit that spied on North Korea to prepare for that historic battle.

"At first, I thought it would be another war movie, but upon reading the scenario, I realized it's more of a suspense thriller," South Korean actor Lee Jung-jae told reporters at a press conference in Seoul. "I decided to take part because it sheds critical light on the sacrifices made by the intelligence unit and people of Incheon."

Lee will play Jang Hak-su, a South Korean naval captain who spearheaded the spy operation called "X-Ray." A total of 17 soldiers were part of the Korea Liaison Office (KLO), the intelligence unit.

American actor Liam Neeson, who couldn't make the press conference due to a scheduling conflict, will star as the mastermind of the Incheon Landing, U.S. General Douglas MacArthur. South Korean actor Lee Beom-soo will be the villain, Rim Kye-jin, who controlled the North's troops in Incheon.

South Korean actor Jung Joon-ho, who will portray a fictional character that led the Incheon branch of the KLO, echoed Lee Jung-jae's comments, saying the film will document a critical part of South Korean history.

"I wanted to help show our future generations how South Korea came to be and how these hidden heroes played a big part," Jung said.

Lee Jung-jae, meanwhile, dismissed anticipation that "Operation Chromite" will be his big break into Hollywood.

"People ask if this will be my Hollywood break, but I tell them it's Neeson's break into K-movies," Lee said, laughing.

John H. Lee, who directed another Korean War film five years ago, said he'd been wanting to shoot another war movie since "71: Into the Fire," a story of South Korean students who fought in the Korean War.

"I remember thinking after '71: Into the Fire' that I want to film another war movie," he said, "the reason being the unique charm and drama of war films. They capture humanity in its direst situations."

"Operation Chromite" will open in July 2016.

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

Too bad Lee Beom Soo will play the villain. *sigh* I guess I'm already having "second male lead syndrome," unless I see Lee Beom Soo being evil in the movie toward Jin Se Yeon's character.

But just basing from the photos, I can ship him with Se Yeon for now. LOL.

Hooo...... We gotta wait until July 2016. This is going to be another long wait for us fans.

• Like 2

More photos from the press conference. Gosh, there are so many news and photos covering this movie. I bet they're all as surprised as we to know Jin Se Yeon's in it. The news and articles were just popping out like mushrooms everywhere! Hooray!

From Jin Se Yeon's baidu:

93e8c0fe9925bc3130d57f6a58df8db1ca137051

176a1912b31bb051236dcada307adab44bede091

114cd3deb48f8c54f15bbbdd3c292df5e1fe7f51

• Like 2