[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2013] Triumph in the Skies II 衝上雲宵 II

sugarplum892

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fala Chen Wants Julian Cheung to Love Francis NgWednesday September 4, 2013 Hong Kong
Credits: to hyn5 @ http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.com

Posted Image 

Yesterday, when Fala Chen attended a brand name event, she was not willing to reveal whether her character, Holiday Ho, chooses 'Cool Monster' Julian Cheung or 'Sam Gor' Francis Ng in the ending of "Triumph in the Skies II". She said, "I also saw some people voting online to help me choose, but the funniest is that there was one who chose Julian and Francis to be together. When I think about it, they are quite matching. 'Cool Monster' can be the guy, while 'Sam Gor' can be the girl". Regarding 'Cool Monster' recently having his screen time reduced and his scenes being cut, Fala said, "Shouldn't be. It's just an arrangement". 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Chilam Cheung & Fala Chen Are the "Audience Choice Couple"; Cast Hopes for TITS2 Sequel & MovieSunday September 8, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Last night, the Triumph in the Skies II had its grand finale. As expected, it was a happy ending, Fala Chen ultimately chose Sam Gor Francis Ng; Ron Ng and Myolie Wu became a couple. Last night, the cast watched the finale with the audience at a shopping mall event, but unfortunately Francis, Ron and Kenneth Ma were absent. "Cool Mor" Chilam Cheung, Myolie Wu, Fala Chen, Nancy Wu and Elena Kong attended the event in their costumes. There were over 300 at the location and nearly a thousand other residents standing on the sides. A crowd of people surrounded Chilam, and when the MC asked the audience who they wished Fala chose, Francis or Chilam? The audience cheered loudly when Chilam's name was mentioned. Chilam and Fala were the "audience choice couple".

Chilam joked if the TV rating reaches 60 points, the whole cast will reveal their "two dots", but Fala laughed and said she only will reveal "one dot" and won't tell which dot it will be. Myolie joked Fala and Chilam should reenact their famous ancient castle sex scene.

When Myolie and Ron's kiss and hug scene aired, the crowd created astir, making Myolie smile in a bit of embarrassment, she said: "I was absent from the previous promotions, this time I rushed back to HK to attend this event on the risk of having to lose money." She wishes for a richard simmons third installment or a movie, and predicts the TV rating should surpass 40 points.

Chilam expressed the serial's theme is "pilots protects passengers", but this time the feeling is "Everyone protects Cool Mor". Chilam is wishful for a richard simmons third installment or a richard simmons movie as well, so everyone can continue their fate. "I chatted with Tommy Leung about this, the movie version probably will happen next year, but I'm not sure if its going to be the original cast." It was said TITS2 helped him pocket nearly HK$10 million, and when Francis found out, he joked he only got a few HK$10,000. Chilam said: "Don't believe Francis, he is rich. As for myself, I've always been worth a high price." Fala missed her role "Holiday" and really hoped to be part of richard simmons third installment or a movie, but TVB hasn't notified her or anything. She does not believe its because she doesn't have a contract with them because the two male leads aren't TVB contracted either.

Francis Ng Did TITS2 Because of a Vegetable Lady

Francis Ng's Sam Gor had left another deep impression on the audience. Last night, he wasn't able to take part in the finale dinner with the rest of the cast and the audience because he's busy working in Mainland. During an interview in Mainland, Francis responded to Sam Gor having a thousand fan girls. He laughed: "Before shooting TITS2, I had no girl fans. Initially my wife wasn't worried because the majority of my fans had tattoos and one time on the street, one of these fans suddenly rushed over and shouted my name. I was so frightened and wondered if I should turn around to say Hi, but at the same time I feared I would get scolded at if I didn't." The 52 year old actor described he accepted TITS2 all because of an elder lady who sells vegetables at the market. The vegetable lady kept asking why he's not in any TV series and didn't have the opportunity to see his performance. Francis laughed: "Because I get a discount, so I must participate in the series!" 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"TVB Rating Report (09/02/2013 - 09/08/2013)Source: Mingpao, WacowTranslated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net
DramasTriumph in the Skies II Finale - 衝上雲霄Ⅱ大結局 (EPS 42-43) (SUNDAY) - 38 PTS (Peaking at 41 PTS)
Triumph in the Skies II Finale Week - 衝上雲霄Ⅱ结局篇 (EPS 36 - 41) - 31 PTS (Peaking at 33 PTS)
Always and Ever - 情逆三世缘 (EPS 16-19) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)
Come Home Love - 爱·回家 (EPS 336-340) - 24 PTS 
Variety ShowsTriumph in the Skies II Special - 衝上雲霄II 華麗著陸 (SUNDAY) - 32 PTSCook Away Lady - May姐有请 - 26 PTSPilgrimage of Wealth II - 走過浮華大地亞洲篇 (WEEKDAYS) - 24 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,200 viewers)
TITS2 Notes- TVB received 7 calls/emails, all were compliments that TITS2's "ending was really a good watch!"- The Broadcasting Authority received 4 complaints -- the male/female lead do not match as a couple.- The average rating started off at 34 points, then quickly shot up to 38 points.- The peak rating of 41 points was during the life-threatening scene when smoke started on Fala, Chilam and Francis aircraft.- TITS2 is now the highest rated TVB series of 2013, the entire series averaged at 31 points. 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Chilam Cheung Gets Wet for "Cool Mor Diary" & richard simmons Theme Song MVWednesday September 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The popular "Cool Mor" Chilam Cheung from Triumph in the Skies II had renewed his singing contract and is preparing for his upcoming album. He performed a cover of Eason Chan's classic Triumph in the Skies theme song, which had already went viral online. Due to the positive response, Chilam's record label decided to shoot an MV for the song as well and launch a photo book Cool Mor Diary to satisfy the fans of this "handsome pilot".

Chilam participated in drafting, arrangement and costumes for his MV. He also put his heart into the MV's story. He joked: "Nobody knows Cool Mor better than me. Of course, I participated in writing the Diary."

As for the MV's female lead, he invited newcomer Jessie Lee, whom had a "bed scene" with him. Chilam appeared sitting on the bed while helping Jessie button her shirt. But what everyone is most anticipating is Chilam getting wet in the shower.

Also, Chilam's new boss Stephen Shiu Jr admitted in a radio interview earlier that he did offer Chilam 8 figures to sign the contract with him. He said: "Even if its double the amount, I wouldn't mind." Stephen Shiu Jr also admitted he is currently in discussions with TVB on a richard simmons movie. 

Here is the MV:

(They should use this as the themesong instead! lol)_______________________________
class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Francis Ng busy filming a mainland Chinese dramaWednesday September 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source

Francis Ng was nowhere to be seen at the recent "Triumph In The Skies II" event, and was revealed to have been busy filming a new TV series in mainland China.

As reported on Oriental Daily website, the actor recently expressed his regrets of not being able to attend the grand finale event with the other cast members because he has an obligation to film a new Chinese drama.

The actor lamented, "I am currently busy filming a drama in mainland China and will not be back in Hong Kong until December. I would rather stay in Hong Kong if there is a good offer, I would not mind villainous roles either."

The actor revealed that he would have to pay a fine if he asked for another break just to attend another promotional event for the aviation series, and said, "There are 1,000 scenes in the drama I'm currently filming, and I am in 800 of them. How can I leave?"

Meanwhile, it was recently reported that Francis' co-star Julian Cheung has already pocketed HKD 10 million (app. USD 1,289,570) from his role as Captain Jayden Koo.

When heard about the news, Francis expressed his jealousy and said, "I only have a few hundred thousand dollars!" 
class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Julian Cheung would like a "Triumph" movieWednesday September 11, 2013 Hong Kong
Source

Julian Cheung recently expressed his wish to participate in the movie version of the hit TVB series, "Triumph In The Skies II".

Oriental Daily website reported that the actor, who made an appearance at the screening of the series' finale, is interested in making a movie, but will leave it to the producer Tommy Leung to make the decision.

He stated, "Tommy and I talked about this and there is a probability that the movie version will be filmed next year. I really hoped that there will be a third season or a movie, but I am not sure if they will maintain the original cast or create new characters instead."

Previously, it was rumoured that "Triumph In The Skies II" has profited Julian tremendously, enabling him to pocket nearly HKD 10 million (USD 1,289,570). When heard about the rumour, co-star Francis Ng light-heartedly expressed his envy and said that he was only paid HKD 10,000.

When asked to confirm his salary, Julian laughed and said, "Don't believe Francis. He is a rich man. As for myself, I have always been a pricey actor!" 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"TVB & China 3D collaborate for "Triumph In The Skies" movieFriday September 13, 2013 Hong Kong
Source

It was reported that the pre-production has begun for the movie version of TVB's hit franchise, "Triumph In The Skies".

HK Channel website reported that the movie version will be co-produced by TVB and Stephen Shiu Jr.'s China 3D Digital Entertainment and that a total of HKD 80 million (app. USD 10.3 million) will be invested into the project.

Sources also claimed that apart from the original stars that include Francis Ng and Julian Cheung, the production has also invited actors Louis Koo and Huang Xiaoming to join the cast.

The news has been confirmed by Stephen Shiu Jr. recently in a tele-interview, but stated, "Our company is still in discussions with TVB. Since they are still in the early stages, I can't share anything at the moment."

Meanwhile, the two-hour finale of the hit sequel successfully acquired 38points and peaked at 41 points, making it the highest rated series of 2013. 

• 1 month later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Myolie Wu's Short Relationship with a "HK Guy" Ended After 2 MonthsThursday October 24, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Last night, TVB Chairman Norman Leung hosted a celebration banquet for the cast and crew of popular series Triumph in the Skies II. The cast including Chilam Cheung, Myolie Wu, Ron Ng, Nancy Wu, Kelly Fu, Rebecca Zhu and Jessie Sum attended. Other lead actor and actress Francis Ng and Fala Chen were absent.

Since Myolie's 7 year relationship ended with Bosco Wong, she first had rumors with Taiwanese actor Eric Huang, then with Mainland actors Yu Bo and Ma Tian Yu. Recently during an interview in Mainland, Myolie mentioned she had a brief relationship after breaking up with Bosco, but it is now considered the past. Myolie said: "I've told you all before I had a pursuer, he's someone outside of the HK entertainment industry. He's not a businessman though, but we just had a brief relationship, just two months. We separated because we didn't really match, our lifestyles were different and our break up was peaceful one." She expressed she's not dating now because she's too busy to have any pursuers.

There are frequently rumors that she and Bosco reconciled, but when asked if she still liked her "old flavor" (ex), Myolie said: "Aiya! That's difficult to answer. Not because of anything, I'm just so busy and recently I've been shooting in France." Myolie disclosed she's currently learning French and does not mind dating a foreigner.

It was reported TVB is implementing tighter restrictions on their artists working in Mainland? She said: "I haven't heard about that, I just came back from Beijing, but I understand TVB needs people to film series. I hope to have a balance." As for TVB's latest "Come Home Love" project, Myolie believed TVB does need many more talents, the most important is everyone has a job.

Recently it was said Chilam lent his Lamborghini sports car for HK$25,000/day to the crew of American film Transformers 4: Age of Extinction. He said: "I'm not sure how much money because my manager handles it, but Morton (his son) was the happiest. He was so excited to see us driving the car in the magazines (photo). He's a Transformers fan, when the film releases I'll take him to watch it." When speaking of Chilam guest starring in his wife Anita Yuen's TV seriesLongmen Express, Chilam expressed its a strange feeling. He said he didn't watch Anita's interview on Telling Maria 2 because the stories she told have been told many times. 

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

This definitely didn't live up to all the hype! The drama was a little bit too slow and draggy, especially at the beginning.

Ron's acting has improved a lot from his rookie days
I still don't find Fala's acting outstanding...or maybe her character was just too annoying for me lol -_- I actually found the Fala and Francis Ng's pairing awkward. More of a father and daughter vibe came off from them.

I'm glad that it was a tvb-ish happy ending for all the characters but I wished that Chilam at least found someone new too

:( he seems so lonely at the end

Even though I don't seem that happy with this drama, I would still watch the Triumph movie that is going to come out hehehehehhe

• 3 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fala Chen Can't Decide Between Sam Gor or Cool Mor for TV KingMonday December 9, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

Yesterday Fala Chen attended the ALCATEL Onetouch Idol mobile phone press conference and attracted a large group of fans to the location. She appeared on stage through a magic trick performed by Louis Yan. Louis also correctly guessed the colored and numbered card that Fala chose. Also, the organizers had a French pilot appear at the event, who seem to be quite interested in Fala. The pilot had a wide smile and made funny faces with Fala.

The TVB Anniversary Awards is held on Monday December 16th, but Fala is no longer a TVB contracted artist, will she be attending? Fala expressed she's not sure whether she'll be attending or not, but she's ready to lose the TV Queen title this year. "I was notified about the nomination, but by then I may be working in Mainland. We will have to schedule. (Do you support yourself?) No, there are many good ones this year, very good performances. (No TVB contract, so no confidence?) I reflected on my own acting, I have some areas that needs work, and still have room for improvement. I support Linda Chung this year, she's been very hard working for many years. She matured a lot this year." As for TV King, the battle can't get away from 'Sam Gor' Francis Ng and 'Cool Mor' Chilam Cheung. Faia said: "Its hard to pick! I went through 40 episodes (richard simmons 2) and still couldn't choose! I like both of them!"

When speaking of 'ex-sister-in-law' Margie Zhuge had a baby, Fala expressed she saw the news. Asked if she congratulated her? She said: "Of course! Its a happy event. (Gift?) I wasn't in HK earlier, so haven't had time to get one." Asked if she wants to have a baby too? The single Fala smiled and expressed doesn't have a pursuer yet and joked "not even a stroke in a character". Fala continued: "I cannot predict relationships, its not an one person thing. I don't have any pressure and also I want to focus on work." She disclosed she will be celebrating Christmas with her parents and may go on vacation. 

• 1 year later...

Julian Cheung took photo of himself and his wax figure, Captain Cool

julian.jpg

julian1.jpg

julian2.jpg

Five days ago, male god Julian Cheung (張智霖) wore the pilot uniform to attend the opening ceremony of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong in Shanghai. He also took photo with the wax figure, Captain Cool and it was indeed hard to distinguish the real and fake Captain Cool.

Seven months was spent to create the wax figure of Julian and finally emerged today (14 May). Julian said: "It is too real and resemble to seeing my reflection. Thank you to the professional team of Madame Tussauds Hong Kong for their efforts. As the wax figure wore black shade, Julian also wore black shade to increase the challenge of differentiating the real and fake.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Archived