Is it advised to not tell a girl if she is pretty or cute?

Guest Kerriganton

Guest HERMIT

It's all subjective anyway.  Personally, I think it depends on who's delivering the message anyway.
For example, whether it's 'cute' or 'pretty', if it is me that's saying it, then it will come across as creepy no matter how you slice it.
If I'm not wearing a shirt, then it's outright harassment. 
Or so says Mr. Law Enforcement official.

Guest dolcedor.

If you want to help inflate my ego, please feel free to go ahead

... is my stance.

If, however, a guy is telling me I'm pretty or cute and he's trying to get a date, complimenting me on my looks isn't going to sway me. He should have something else to back it up.

Guest _to-delete2

What, why not? 
It's a compliment. It's advised to tell positive things, not negative. And I see nothing negative here.

Guest showoff

Meh, if a girl is attractive, I usually won't directly mention it as she's probably heard that a million times before from guys.  I'll talk about her nerd-like hobbies, her irrational love of nail polish, etc., but rarely will I directly acknowledge she's physically attractive.  It's like "Congratulations!  You hit the genetic jackpot and were blessed with attributes you did absolutely nothing for!"... yeah.  I'll flirt with her and let her know I find her physically attractive, but I won't flat out say "you're pretty".

Guest Chasing-A-Fairytale

It gets awkward sometimes. I had this guy friend who was dating my friend for the longest time and out of no where he kept calling me pretty. O.O But if they're not dating anyone I guess it's okay. 

Guest kels.huns

A guy tell me I'm cute then I know he's interested but if he thinks I'm pretty, then he's just complimenting me. I would prefer being pretty over cute from guys that I am not interested in.

Guest raj3157

A good number of guys won’t admit the application, but most of usa find “first date” experiences can utilize the mildly anxiety-provoking to extremely nerve-wracking. And usually, that’s for a great reason. Like they suggest: you never get a second chance to generate a first impression. And the stakes are never higher than when you’ve really met a great woman that you may possibly share the rest can ever have with, right?
So…once you have the first date “basics” covered (do I need to say it? Things like good cleaning and manners) it’s period to master the 3 most powerful ways to generate a great first impression for the first date:
#1: Seek the advice of A Woman Like It’s A date, Not A Job Meet
Men who focus on behaving politely to somewhat of a fault on a first date are Greatly subjected to come across as stiff…anxious…or worst in all, totally BORING. These guys perform like they’re out on their employment interview or something. It's a fact, most women come removed from SUCCESSFUL first dates saying offers like, “He was so funny…there was this excellent chemistry between us…I believe something for him. ”
That’s why it’s critical that your chosen man “heat up” the usual, polite first meetings and even conversations by nurturing appeal to, enticement and excitement at a woman. The easiest way for doing that is to speak to her as to have fun — just as if she’s a FRIEND as a substitute for a potential employer.
Once the first “hello” moments belonging to the date, feel free taking the usual conversation information (careers, movies, whatever) and redirect the conversation in a way that creates FUN instead in TENSION and STIFFNESS. In cases where she’s wearing something important, tease her gently to sort it out. Ask her to retain the door for YOU. Tell her you’re weary of talking about your job…you’d rather consider an ultra-cool experience you had. Or (even better), a single SHE’S had.
Oh…and if she provides you a compliment, take it as time to challenge her in small ways that set you as well usual, nervous first meeting guy. Make a tall tale like, “Look, I’m different other guys. Compliments won’t provide anywhere. ”
In several other words, treat her to be a friend (and not like you’re aiming to “win her over” and even impress her) and you’ll find out amazing results.
#2: Discontinue Asking Those Lethal “Attraction Killing” Requests
Once a woman you’ve just met starts to think of you in a individual way, she’s likely to continue thinking of you by doing so. This is why I can recommend that men avoid that impulse to ask the standard “first date” questions in the slightest degree costs…most of which can be guaranteed ATTRACTION KILLERS.
Regardless if it’s because he’s restless, insecure, or just hasn’t projected ahead, I can’t say how many men tell me they can ask questions like, “So…how you think it’s going? ” Tougher: “Do you think we’re a very good match? ” Worst in all: “So, do you enjoy me? ”
These categories of questions reek of desperation…and desperation is definitely the biggest ATTRACTION KILLER, drink station none.
Instead, ask requests that signal you’re attentive, inquisitive, and interesting.
#3: Make use of Right Body Language
When you meet a woman for to start with, I just can’t suggest it enough…you MUST look into your body language. Not surprisingly, it starts “speaking” to somewhat of a woman before you ever in your life say a word. This means making sure to stay in eye contact (but don’t leave behind to blink…there’s no easier way to discover as a little little bit of scary).
Sit upright. If she ever draws keep your distance from you, never “chase” the by leaning in. In its place, make sure that you down side, too. When you speak out, use a low, poor voice tone. If one rush your words, you’re just about guaranteed to stammer. During conversation, search the room a little to break the tension.
All of this gets you off to somewhat of a great start — and might keep you from losing the video game before it even gets under way
So act like a colleague instead of a stiff…avoid contemplating those “lethal” questions…use the perfect body language…and getting an amazing SECOND date is just about assured.
X dating

Guest saeujaewoo

Just be you I think.  If you think that girl is cute, tell her.  Here's the thing though, if you think she's cute, 100 other guys probably also think she is cute and have already told her that, but either way that shouldn't stop you from complimenting her.  Knowing that though, maybe you can try complimenting her in your own unique way, in Kerriganton Style.

Guest showoff

If I sense the girl is into me, I may say something like "I really like your outfit" or "did you do something different with your hair?  it looks great!" if it's obvious she spent a ton of time getting dressed up, but it's important not to put her beauty on a pedestal; a pretty person is still just a person.

Guest rickertv2

I never tell girls that they are hot, pretty, cute, beautiful, etc. even if they are stunningly gorgeous. I'm not that easy and girls will need to work for my love even if they have killer looks.

Guest ForestRain

Yeah...I think if a random guy said that to a girl...could come off creepy or that he is wanting something from you. But if you are talking to a girl for a bit mayb it is okay. It is better to compliment her on what she is wearing because she actually put effort in that to make herself look more pretty.

Guest doggylover1220

Girls love being called pretty or cute by any guy(whether they're dating or not) It makes us feel good about ourselves, but if it was somebody you've never talked to before. It might be a little weird or awkward(ha it's happened to me at walmart o.o) but I would still take that as a compliment, because compliments are good :D

Archived