Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Hi all, i give u a rough gist of what was reported. It's pretty confusing cos there were several reports on the same news but it's definitely not as serious as it sounds. Hyesun is not an alcoholic! :D

I combined all that I read cos if taken apart, the confusion sets in. I'm guessing some media reports highlighted some and left out some. Tsk tsk.

Basically, there was talk about Hyesun being able to hold her alcohol well, with Minho confirming it as he said she drinks more than she eats. Please note that all these were said in jest. Admitting shyly that she can hold her liquor well, Hyesun said in Chinese that "Alcohol is her good friend". This part was said to demonstrate that she had studied chinese in her youth. Everyone laughed at her statement. She went on to explain that she feels more liberated with some alcohol due to her shy nature. [this part was better translated by Zax]

As for her remarks about bringing her mother for a facelift, the other reports was kind of out of context. It began with Minho's mention that he has to remove the metal screws in his right leg. Then he was asked how he felt about being the face that men asked for when considering plastic surgery. He replied that he liked his eyes most but would prefer to have a smaller face so he would consider shaving his jaw bone. Then Hyesun came in with the mention that she brought her mom for facelift. She commented she won't consider going under the knife but is not adverse to "bloodless" beauty treatments (Im guessing Botox).

Apparently, Hyesun had felt conscious of her age and so when she knew she was casted as a high-school student alongside F4 who are all younger than her, she went to have her hair cut and tried to put on some weight for some "baby fat". Then Minho teased her in a consoling manner, saying that she does not have any wrinkles and even if she has, he would buy her eye mask (or eyecream).<<< so sweet! :rolleyes:

Lastly, they were also told that fans would like to see MinSun in love for real(!) but Hyesun replied that she prefers to address her boyfriend as "oppa" so would prefer someone older. Minho, on the other hand says that he doesn't mind someone older. <<<< ok I dunno if the media was accurate on this but if this is not Minho leaving the door wide open, I don't know what is! Oh Hyesun, never mind about the oppa part already! :)

translated from here:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=588227409

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=588098229

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=588098229

and here

Want to add this: though there're many Minsun fans here and in Baidu, there're equally as many of those who do not like our "linking" or spazzing. Seen it on Minho's baidu thread. so i appreciate if all the translation of their "moments" be kept within Hyesun's thread or Joondi's. No offense to anyone k? Anyhow, there's no more left to spazz :(

Many thanks for your translation and Zax's too. They clear up all misunderstanding although I've always believed that our girl has too much susbtance in her to be insensitive or callous in her statements or actions. And yes Minho left the door wide open. As for the "oppa" statement, well, I almost expected it from her. Saying otherwise will open up nasty comments from the antis.

• Thanks 1

Ntali....please don't give up. I think that is just a showbiz answer. Nowadays , Hye sun always gives us many different signals about her ideal guy. And her liking for guys who are older than her is the latest one. I certainly think this is just her shield from certain gossips. And it seems successfull. For me seeing is believing. I believe their interactions in all the pics, the bts and the latest Taiwan's trip meeting . Those things are giving me the real story. And one more thing....I start to believe they are an item after I saw Hye sun's wearing the same T shirt on her significant day. This is not a coinsidence. This 's more to show some 'confirmation' from Hye sun to Minho.

thanks for you support girlz *hugz* :Dseeing is believing yes,you're right.dont because some word from hyesun statement make me give up.i believe if there is no something happen with them,why hyesun look shy when minho see her.the way minho look hyesun like :w00t: can't say by word :D

shaz, thanks for your interpretation too...

As regards to HS's love relationship, i think as long HS is being loved and she is happy with her other half.. we should all be happy for her... whoever she is with, i wish her many many BEST wishes...

it may become we focus too much on who is her potential other half and we seems to miss out the part on HS (a personal feel)... :)

as for all the articles on HS, they are mostly positive.

i think the way sometimes media writes and sometimes how the reader reads is very important.

for eg, the part on the alcohol is only emphazing that HS is good at drinking... but that does not relate to her being an alcoholic.

in all, i think this is great trip... both MH and HS seems to be very happy despite the tight schedule and chaos..

at the same time, I think taiwan media and fans are very good... we know a lot more about HS after this trip...

Guest kimcherokee

i read this article at ALLKPOP: "The Boys Over Flowers virus has finally hit Taiwan and unfortunately for KBS2 the drama premiered to low ratings. If they REALLY wanted to get the ratings up, they'd ditch Hye Sun and just have the entire F4 group go and promote it - that would be sure to boost the ratings!"

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/boys_over_flowers_hits_taiwan..._not_hard/

i wanna stab the one who wrote it! :angry:

Guest ml_87

Then Minho teased her in a consoling manner, saying that she does not have any wrinkles and even if she has, he would buy her eye mask (or eyecream).<<< so sweet! :rolleyes:

really really sweet! :rolleyes:

Lastly, they were also told that fans would like to see MinSun in love for real(!) but Hyesun replied that she prefers to address her boyfriend as "oppa" so would prefer someone older. Minho, on the other hand says that he doesn't mind someone older.

in my opinion, how can she said she prefered younger man. u know, in public, Sun is somewhat a traditional gal. so in this situation, sitting next to her "dongsaeng", what she said is properly! :D she cant say: i like dongsaengs. :phew:

--------------

in taiwan trip, all Sun wore is red!! :D i really love her dresses and shoes :)

@zax

Lastly, she mentioned that she likes guys who are older than her

Are you sure she said 'older' and not 'mature' ? Becos sumtimes the real meaning can differ durimg translation....

As I recalled her "Ideal Man' criteria wud be:-

Loyal, faithful, mature, well-mannered, sumone who she can respect/look up to and yet still mischievious enuf to tease & play pranks on her & mostly sumeone who can make her madly in love without reason.....

zax thanks for the translate.now everything is clearly :D so she likes guys who are older than her :) maybe i must remove my feeling for minsun couple :lol:

NATALI you are too cute, i swear i laughed at how you implied you would remove MINSUN from your system..dont give up natali,,,as a woman nobody would really admit that she prefers to date younger man,,it is easily said than done.maybe thats only her reference, but she didn't say she would not entrtain younger man ;) and you posted JIS and GHS pics to support her liking matured man..haha i love JIS...we would change ship together haha. joke..i am MINSUN at heart.

Apparently, Hyesun had felt conscious of her age and so when she knew she was casted as a high-school student alongside F4 who are all younthan her, she went to have her hair cut and tried to put on some weight for some "baby fat". Then Minho teased her in a consoling manner, saying that she does not have any wrinkles and even if she has, he would buy her eye mask (or eyecream).<<< so sweet! :rolleyes:

shaz sorry to cut your post..thanks for clarifying..ur right. thats why i didn't react about this drinking issue, media tend to edit,chop and exaggerate things and just highlight the catchy ones and leave the others but it seems the article is more on the positive side,and it didnt give me the impression that hyesun is a drunkard.. :rolleyes:♥ minho blurting out that HYESUN drinks more than she eats, made me smile :P another sign of their untold closeness..he is so honest he cannot contained his feelings w/ regards to hyesun answers to interviews,,he is reacting to everything she says,,he's affected and take it really seriously, it gave me the impression that hyesuns words is really important to him.sweetness.♥I quote the above statements because i so love the way he said that he would buy her eye makeup..i bet when he said that he was looking at her.. :lol: so minho is surely smitten w/ hyesun's beauty not to mention the sneaky stares..

As regards to HS's love relationship, i think as long HS is being loved and she is happy with her other half.. we should all be happy for her... whoever she is with, i wish her many many BEST wishes...

it may become we focus too much on who is her potential other half and we seems to miss out the part on HS (a personal feel)... :)

zax thanks for the translations! it was really helpful... i would have to agree w/ you regarding whoever her heart chooses. we should support her in every possible way. :P

GHS @ itcheon Airport

107kis.jpg

105x.jpg

106b.jpg

109rye.jpg

108vaz.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guest minjee

i read this article at ALLKPOP: "The Boys Over Flowers virus has finally hit Taiwan and unfortunately for KBS2 the drama premiered to low ratings. If they REALLY wanted to get the ratings up, they'd ditch Hye Sun and just have the entire F4 group go and promote it - that would be sure to boost the ratings!"

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_story/boys_over_flowers_hits_taiwan..._not_hard/

OMG i agree with you! that johnny guy who writes the articles on that site is so mean to Hye Sun eoni...GRRRRRR!!! His articles are either nasty or just sarcastic but I guess you can't please anybody but STILL! I was also pissed when I read that article..><" but as a Hye Sun fan I still try to be optimistic, ignore those haters and support Goo Hye Sun! fighting~~!!

Just don't bother ! Or else you will get some wrinkles for getting angry at a childish and immature minded blogger. She sounds jealous with our Hye sun. She's just following the norm...gender bias!

NATALI you are too cute, i swear i laughed at how you implied you would remove MINSUN from your system..dont give up natali,,,as a woman nobody would really admit that she prefers to date younger man,,it is easily said than done.maybe thats only her reference, but she didn't say she would not entrtain younger man ;) and you posted JIS and GHS pics to support her liking matured man..haha i love JIS...we would change ship together haha. joke..i am MINSUN at heart.

lol :lol: i laughed too in here..thanks for you support asha,i wouldn't give up.i'm still in minsun sistem :D JIS and GHS pictures maybe it taken before BOF.because i see the year is 2009.

1231485601_Dscn2378.jpg

7b88abc2c574cb040ef477c2.jpg

5cfc16f1c60a998da50f527f.jpg

cre as tagged

Guest F4fan

I would like to add that regardless of which ship you sail, please be conscious that posters in the GHS thread might not be in the same ship.

The ties that bind us in her thread are our affection and admiration for Goo Hye Sun.

Guest szac

Hi! Since MinSun couple has gone back to Korea, wonder they contact each other or not??? Hope they do so.... As Min Ho has admitted to hospital today, his sugery is tomorrow, I do hope Hye Sun will visit him :rolleyes:

Guest susAmerica

I would like to add that regardless of which ship you sail, please be conscious that posters in the GHS thread might not be in the same ship.

The ties that bind us in her thread are our affection and admiration for Goo Hye Sun.

F4fan, you put it so well. I just love our GHS soompi. You guys are all just amazing. Very admirable. Mobilizing each other to get to the correct story to understand HS as she deserves to be understood. Thank you all. Right now I am going to read some of the Korean versions of the same story. If there is anything different or shocking, I will post. If not, I won't bother. I saw in Korean versions headlines and bits and peices of quotes and I have a feeling they may have taken things out of context. Well, I will read through and see. All of your translations and input have been very satisfying. Thank you for putting down the source of your information as well. I know GHS has a wonderful sense of humor and she was able to show that part of herself in Taiwan. Lots of thanks to Taiwan! :D

Hi! Since MinSun couple has gone back to Korea, wonder they contact each other or not??? Hope they do so.... As Min Ho has admitted to hospital today, his sugery is tomorrow, I do hope Hye Sun will visit him :rolleyes:

i think hyesun wouldn't do that.it will create some wrong news between them :)

szac u're welcome.we just can hope the best for minho ^^ hoping the surgery is doing great.

Guest szac

Thanks Natali, I guess so she might not do it as it will create more rumours...but I do really hope they still keep in contact, moreover Min Ho is undergoing a sugery... . I hope she will comfort Min Ho... :P

Guest little_santarina

Loving all the positive comments about HS and all the lovely picture of HS. Big thanks to all HG fans. HS Fighting!!! :)

Guest susAmerica

LINK:YTN~ minsun @ incheon airport from pink fairy

(This is the video of the arrival of LMH and GHS into Korea from Taiwan. The TV narrator hardly say anything about GHS except that she does not see any sign that GHS gained weight. However, she says LMH was a big hit in Taiwan, how recognizable he is with his tall height. I guess GHS was not a big hit in Taiwan according to the video.)

(this is the Korean article explaining their arrival. you can basically see it in the video.)

편집 2009.06.04 [22:44]

구혜선, 대만 기자회견서 "술은 나의 친구"

Goo Hye Syun, Taiwan Reporter Interview “alcohol is my friend”

`꽃남' 이민호-구혜선, 대만 기자회견서 친분 과시

“BOF” Lee MinHo-Goo Hye Sun, displays friendship at reporter interview

No Num News www.nonumnews.com 석지희 기자 Suk Ji Whee reporter

(서울=석지희 기자) 배우 구혜선이 국제적인 애주가로 이름을 알렸다(?).

(Seoul=suk ji whee reporter) Actress Goo Hye Sun has become internationally famous as a habitual drinker (?)

배우 구혜선과 이민호가 KBS 2TV 드라마 <꽃보다 남자>의 인기에 힘입어 3일 대만에서 기자회견을 가졌다.

Actors Goo Hye Sun and Lee Min Ho of KBS2TV Drama BOF participated in a 3 day Taiwan reporter interview due to its strong popularity. 이날 이민호는 "구혜선은 먹는 걸 좋아한다. 술 마시는 건 더 좋아한다"는 깜짝 발언을 했으며, 이에 구혜선은 유창한 중국어로 "술은 나의 친구"라고 맞받아쳐 대만 팬들에게 웃음을 선사했다고. 구혜선은 또 "조촐하게 한잔 하는 것을 좋아한다"며 "먹는 것으로 스트레스를 푼다"라고 솔직하게 인정한 것으로 알려졌다.

This day, Lee Min Ho made a surprising claim that “Goo Hye Sun likes to eat. She likes to drink even more”. Then Goo Hye Sun, in fluent Chinese, stated directly , “alcohol is my friend”. Her statement brought out laughter Taiwan fans. Goo Hye Sun also honestly acknowledged that “I like one nice and neat drink” and she said she relieves stress through eating한편, 이민호와 구혜선은 지난달 31일 <꽃보다 남자>의 홍보를 위해 대만에 방문했으며 3일 기자회견을 마치고 귀국한 것으로 전해졌다.

After 3 days of promotion in Taiwan from 31st , it is known that they have returned to Korea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

대만 간 구혜선 “술은 나의 친구” 발언에 좌중 폭소 [뉴스엔]

Goo Hye Sun caused explosive laughter in Taiwan with her utterance “alcohol is my friend”

[뉴스엔 배선영 기자] [Newsen Bae Sun Young Reporter sypova@newsen.com , www.newsen.com, newsen@newsen.com]

June 4, 2009

구혜선이 대만 팬들 앞에서 애주가임을 선언했다.

In front of Taiwan fans, Goo Hye Sun proclaimed herself a habitual drinker.

KBS 2TV 인기 드라마 '꽃보다 남자'(이하 꽃남)의 주인공 이민호는 지난 6월 3일 대만에서 열린 기자회견장에서 "구혜선은 먹는 걸 좋아한다. 술 마시는 건 더 좋아한다"고 깜짝 폭로했다. KBS 2TV popular drama BOF ‘s lead star Lee MinHo made a surprising disclosure on June 3rd Reporter Interview that “Goo Hye Sun likes to eat. She likes to drink even more.”

이에 기자회견장에 함께 참석한 구혜선은 유창한 중국어로 "술은 나의 친구"라고 발언해 좌중을 폭소케 했다. 이어 구혜선은 "조촐하게 한잔 하는 것을 좋아하고 스트레스를 먹는 것으로 푼다"고 인정했다. Then, Goo Hye Sun who was also present at the Reporter Interview, in fluent Chinese, stated “alcohol is my friend” and made the entire present population explode in laughter.

또 이날 구혜선은 "어렸을 때 중국어를 배웠다. 앞으로 한국에 돌아간 뒤 더 열심히 공부할 것이다"고 말했다. Also this day, Goo Hye Sun stated, “I did learn Chinese when I was little. After I return to Korea, I plan to study Chinese even harder.”

한편 지난 5월 31일 한국 드라마 '꽃남' 홍보차 대만을 방문했던 이민호 구혜선은 현지에서 팬들의 열광적인 반응 속에 3일 오후 귀국했다. On May 31, LMH and GHS left for Taiwan to promote BOF and returned to Korean on the afternoon of the 3rd in the middle of wild popularity.

배선영 sypova@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

Blue color is my translation.

According to Korean articles, LMH started the conversation about GHS liking drinking. I hope GHS forgives him. I think GHS handled the reporters and fans very well. Korean articles are headlining GHS as a "habitual drinker". I am sure antifans will have a field day with it soon. I pray GHS uses what is already out to her advantage--relax, enjoy, you did nothing wrong, you are a mature and strong woman! I really hope she learns Chinese so well that she will return to Taiwan and have another go at the Taiwan Variety Show with those wonderful and crazy hosts! ;):D

Guest kim08

..is GHS has a bf right now?..im her new fan anyway..i saw her n BOF and im amazed to her "talents"..

..she's a gud actress, can dance, sing and even write..

..i love her playing a piano and sing her own composition..

..she's so cute!XD :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..this is a horrible question but im juz curious..

..i was surfing the net when i saw an article it said that "GHS is pregnant?"..and the first ? pop up on my mind was "Hu's the lucky man?"..

..i'l try to search bout that cheezzyyy intrigue and find nothing..so i decided to visit here..to confirm this..

..hoping for the answer guys..

..wait! i' juz read the post here..again GHS is now on HEadline news??..Haiz..

..hope she will clear this "alcohol is my friend" and "habitual drinker" issue...haiz...

GHS unnie...fighting!

..yah!GHS antifans..get lost! B)

Guest F4fan

Allkpop article and perception that GHS was not a big hit in Taiwan. Let's put into context.

The demographics at these fan events tend to be overwhelming females and we all appreciate a hot guy. GHS and most female actresses will likely be overshadowed if a hot guy like LMH is there. I mean I would bet that KJ would get a more rousing reception than GHS and he has the least screen time. Unless you are CJW, Angelina Jolie, even SHK, and a few others -- the female actress always come in second place. Its the fangirl-dom in us.

Look at Meteor Garden, HYD, and even some of the other dramas and your reaction -- were you a fan of the hot male star before the female star? Most of you would say that you were crazy about Dao Ming Si, Lei, Rui, Domyji, or any of the F4, BYJ, Lee Dong Wook, Won Bin, etc before the female star who was the Makino character or other female characters.

This doesn't mean that the female actresses should not do promotions. We just have to understand that good-looking, hot guys tend to get more reactions because most of the fans going to these events are females.

If success is measured in screaming girls, then the male star will win it most of the time.

EDIT to ADD: GHS has a BF and now she is pregnant? Either its a sign that her star is rising or her level of antis are rising because of these rumors. No, personally, I don't think she is pregnant or have a boyfriend.