Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

(This is the video of the arrival of LMH and GHS into Korea from Taiwan. The TV narrator hardly say anything about GHS except that she does not see any sign that GHS gained weight. However, she says LMH was a big hit in Taiwan, how recognizable he is with his tall height. I guess GHS was not a big hit in Taiwan according to the video.)

(this is the Korean article explaining their arrival. you can basically see it in the video.)

Thanks for the translation susAmerica. This is what concerns me the most because this may affect future promotions for BOF in that she may not be invited again. Those who do not know her and are only basing their conclusions on articles that in most part are untrue and convoluted, will certainly have a wrong opinion of GHS. I just feel bad for her because people have a tendency to focus on negative reports on stars and forget that they have tremendous talent like GHS.

(Seoul=suk ji whee reporter) Actress Goo Hye Sun has become internationally famous as a habitual drinker (?)

배우 구혜선과 이민호가 KBS 2TV 드라마 <꽃보다 남자>의 인기에 힘입어 3일 대만에서 기자회견을 가졌다.

Guest kimcherokee

uhmmmmmmmmm! i already known that sis Sun likes drink alcohol about 4 months ago, but she is not really a habitual drinker! not at all! i think drink habit is quite common in Korea, through so many drama i had seen which the actor and actress drink together many times, and then the actor carry the actress on his back...right! :P

LMH may feel a bit sorry for what he said, the rumor and GHS's anti-fan use it like evidence to prove "habitual drinker"

i'm sure sis Sun will forget some rumors like this very quick! bless her!

Guest xiaomaii

She is an inspiration to me too..

hi guys im a newbie here,

nyway, after watching BOF i can officially say that im a goo hye sun fan...she's so talented and cute.. i like her looks its kinda unique, cos it seems like that other korean actress tend to look very similar..

Hye Sun unnie was really really pretty in her read dress! i so love the shoes too.

its been a long time since i visit this thread. i didn't know that missed so much.

sorry guys for cutting your post..

cris14, it's really nice hearing from an artist too how she appreciates someone's work. definitely a true artist! Kudos for you! :)

poret83, welcome to GHS thread! Feel free to post your thought about our HyeSun!. Hope our thread's warm enough. :blush:

AngelEagle, yes our girl's really pretty! keep visiting and posting here in her thread. :D

shaz, thanks for your interpretation too...

As regards to HS's love relationship, i think as long HS is being loved and she is happy with her other half.. we should all be happy for her... whoever she is with, i wish her many many BEST wishes...

it may become we focus too much on who is her potential other half and we seems to miss out the part on HS (a personal feel)... :)

as for all the articles on HS, they are mostly positive.

i think the way sometimes media writes and sometimes how the reader reads is very important.

thanks zax, shaz, susAmerica for your translation.

I just want to give some backbone understanding on how it is in TW.

A lot of people reacted when GHS said "Wine is my friend"--which is a slang term

And most of them are from Korean media press who severely reacted.

The interview was held in TW and the interviewers actually just laugh it off when GHS said that phrase

FYI, for Chinese culture drinking is a form to establish 'guanxi'--or a strong relationship with someone.

So people from TW doesn't seem so shocked knowing how GHS said she drink to find strength or foreshadow her inner feelings.

Since she could even speak fluent Mandarin I guess she quietly adopted humor from slang words too.

If we could see and as translated it was the Koreans who was with her who was a bit shocked on her phrase. Reason for too much misinterpretations put up on some reports. Chinese view of drinking is 'way too different' from Koreans. So I agree with zax that sometimes or merely often times media neglects and misinterprets things up. They should have foresee how Chinese culture view drinking wine/alcohol before merging into some conclusions. GHS responded in slang term which is Chinese--so they missed out something huge on that one again.

And just a thought, I'm really curious why everyone would say that GHS tends to act differently or answer against what she really thinks in order to avoid rumors. As I've known GHS, I think she's nothing like that. GHS has 2 scandals (from actors/artist) she never even work in public TV before and during BOF. And she handled them well the same and just released one response on both and that's it. How I see it, she's very mature on how she handle false rumors coming her way. And this is a lot more huge chaos of a rumor compared to what other acclaimed she have right now. I hope we won't misunderstand GHS as like that. She had tons already before she was casted on BOF, and she's been on the industry for some time now. I would never think she'd do something and be someone who's not her just to avoid rumors, she's too much of a person to act someone irresponsible like that. GHS has been closed to anyone not just the F4 but other actors as well like Taebin, Seunggi, JJ, Tablo, Minwoo, and other artist from YG and SM. So I hope everyone won't jump to futher conclusions that might create false rumors

I would like to add that regardless of which ship you sail, please be conscious that posters in the GHS thread might not be in the same ship.

The ties that bind us in her thread are our affection and admiration for Goo Hye Sun.

Some of us could be so hype up with all of one's own "shipping purposes" and I am one who's greatly disappointed.

Please abide by the forum rules:

3. Do not bash actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.

Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

4. Do not quote pictures.

Instead, remove the %7Boption%7D tags around the link. Quotes do not count towards the 20-character limit rule. If you're going to quote a picture or post, say something about it. If a quote is too long, only quote a subsection of the text. Threads that are meant solely for pictures belong in the Korean celeb photos forum.

6. Do not engage in non-related conversations.

If you are not going to engage in a discussion about a drama, movie, or actor/actress, use the PM system or other means of communication. Keep birthday celebrations out of thread topics unless it pertains to the stars of the thread involved.

we want to make GHS thread as GHS thread.

as what other posters have said we want to keep this thread centered for Hyesun

I appreciate all the pictures and articles very well

but in Soompi shipping is not allowed on an individual thread, if there's open thread for your favorite couple it should be kept on that thread itself.

since a lot here are Jandi-Junpyo or LMH-GHS please follow this link and spazz all your thoughts about them:

Joondi Official Thread - Jandi and Junpyo

^as you see this is the only thread approved by the mods for fangirl shipping since they're the main leads for the recent BOF. Sadly there's none for others who we wanted to link GHS. So I'm expecting everyone will cooperate and respects everyone's opinion on this one. GHS thread is becoming more of 'another thread' that what it should be.

I might have been acting as an "old nagging lady" but this has been neglected for some time now and other posters refuse to post in GHS thread again. I'm speaking for everyone else, so I hope we would be mature enough to know this fact. Thank you.

Guest susAmerica

Press conference:

HS acted in the drama "Boys over flowers" as someone who does not drink at all.

In reality she is able to drink for 8 hours and she is still fine after that.

During the Taiwan trip, she had an alcohol challenge wit h4 Taiwan staff. She drank "Gao Liang" (a kind of strong chinese wine) and won them. She finished 4 bottles of Gao Liang all at once but she looked fine after the challenge.

MH disclosed that HS loves to eat but enjoys drinking more. Her face showed sign of shyness. Upon hearing what MH has said, HS said fluently in chinese "Alcohol is my good friend".

Everyone in the press conference laughed upon hearing that.

She smiled and said drinking alcohol can give her confidence and make the atmosphere more comfortable and friendly. However, everyone was very shocked to hear her speak chinese.

She explained that she has learned chinese when she was young. After the trip to Taiwan, she loves chinese and will learn after she returned to korea. Although she is good at drinking, her appetite for food is also impressive. Once she starved herself with many food for 8 hours. MH was shocked with that and told her not to eat anymore. She replied "When I have lots of stress, I will want to eat".

Lastly, she mentioned that she likes guys who are older than her. :)

Well, according to the Korean articles, it appears that LMH started the talk about GHS enjoying her drinks, but we know that reading zax translation, the Taiwan staff and GHS kind of started with a drinking game contest. She was having fun. From there I guess LMH made that statement in the articles. I guess things got a little out of hand. Anyway, if it does become an issue, I pray and hope that GHS handles it well and get some help from her YG agency. I remember she had to defend herself about the shoes used in BOF and other rumors. These reporters for the two articles are so frustrating because they really did not print everything and did not bother to check with the real person affected. They just twisted LMH's words. For example, it is my understanding that LMH and GHS left for Taiwan on June 1st but most reporters said they left on May 31st. That is a small example but it still is an example that they do not really care about the truth--perhaps just the sensation their article creates. Calling someone a habitual or regular drinker is vague and yet mostly very judgmental, especially they really did not bother getting to the truth.

I hope it does not affect promotions of BOF as I read in the thread.

Yes, I worry what may happen with all these publicity, yet I cannot help but laugh a bit about the whole thing. I remember Tablo stated in his interview with GHS that he and she know that she is not so innocent as she is portrayed in the media. Heck, I would rather she does not defend an image of herself that is only a make-believe or naive. No matter what, she is a warm, intelligent, creative, and heck of a tough person who happens to be a great actor and who can also hold her liquor better than most people. Hey she beat the Taiwan staff on the drinking game. Tablo also said that she and he are good friends for so long even though she is a female because she is like one of the guys. Well, basically she is beautiful and tough at the same time. Perhaps she needs to defend this new and developed image of herself --one who is tough, warm, and intelligent yet vulnerable with shyness and stage fright to combat still. I like it. What do you guys think? Somehow this makes me think about GHS and her annual tree ring. She is only 24 after all and she is developing---I hope in the way she wants and not be so bogged down by the pressures of the media.

This is just a little joke: Do you think GHS is just maybe a lilttle mad at LMH and maybe that is why she said to the reporters that she prefers older man as a boyfrined as opposed to younger man? :rolleyes::) I hope i am not breaking any rule by saying it.

I am impressed yet by another GHS' ability to talk in Mandarin. I really hope she improves on it more.

That is a small example but it still is an example that they do not really care about the truth--perhaps just the sensation their article creates. Calling someone a habitual or regular drinker is vague and yet mostly very judgmental, especially they really did not bother getting to the truth.

---I hope in the way she wants and not be so bogged down by the pressures of the media.

This is just a little joke: Do you think GHS is just maybe a lilttle mad at LMH and maybe that is why she said to the reporters that she prefers older man as a boyfrined as opposed to younger man? :rolleyes::) I hope i am not breaking any rule by saying it.

I am impressed yet by another GHS' ability to talk in Mandarin. I really hope she improves on it more.

ahhhh i hope the media in Korea won't take our HyeSun out of context i don't know but they tend to worsen simple things that can or may lead to something else i hope they do responsible journalism for the sake of those people who might be taken as negative by the others.... I know it's once said that HyeSun is one strong cookie but i think she also needs a strong support from her agency if things will come up as unexpected....

yeah GHS surprises me again she can speak some Mandarin, everyday new things about her :)

uhmmmmmmmmm! i already known that sis Sun likes drink alcohol about 4 months ago, but she is not really a habitual drinker! not at all! i think drink habit is quite common in Korea, through so many drama i had seen which the actor and actress drink together many times, and then the actor carry the actress on his back...right! :P

LMH may feel a bit sorry for what he said, the rumor and GHS's anti-fan use it like evidence to prove "habitual drinker"

i'm sure sis Sun will forget some rumors like this very quick! bless her!

Riddle us this antis and malcontents: If our Hye Sun is indeed a "habitual drinker" how is it that she was able to spend all of those nearly sleepless weeks literally carrying the Boys Over Flowers production on her own tiny back?!! :huh::unsure::sweatingbullets::phew:;):P

Guest susAmerica

Riddle us this antis and malcontents: If our Hye Sun is indeed a "habitual drinker" how is it that she was able to spend all of those nearly sleepless weeks literally carrying the Boys Over Flowers production on her own tiny back?!! :huh::unsure::sweatingbullets::phew:;):P

Another good point! Plus she was also writing her novel, Tango at the same time. She had to be alert and focused. :D

Guest susAmerica

Let's look at her upcoming events and wish her all the best! :)

from: http://gongjunim.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/...rks-exhibition/

Goo Hye Sun to Hold Own Drawings Works Exhibition

Posted on June 3, 2009 by gongjunim

(Although this is an old news reported on 20 May, i still feel like blogging as i feel Goo Hye Sun is a real talent gem! ^^)

(Translated from My Daily) According to Korea media, although ”Geum Jandi” role played by Goo Hye Sun was a plain cinderalla in the drama, but in real life, Goo Hye Sun is a very talented girl. She has just released her first novel “Tango” and also directed her first movie “The Cheerful Caretaker“. This time round, she is going to hold an exhibition displaying over 40 of her own drawings works.

At end June, Goo Hye Sun is going to hold her first own drawings works exhibition. The public will be able to view over 40 of her computer illustrations works. The exhibition will cover Goo Hye Sun’s personal works from the drawing of Gummy’s 4th album cover artwork to her own first book release “Tango”. This makes the exhibition high anticipated by all.

On the other hand, Goo Hye Sun is busy preparing for her New Age album scheduled to be released at the end of this year. All the album compositions was done by her solely. She expressed. “11 song compositions been completed and she did have initial thoughts of using them as background music for her first directed movie. She is now in the midst of recording. Not long, everyone will get to hear the beautiful melodies.”

Goo Hye Sun also received an award for her first own written and directed movie “The Cheerful Caretaker” at the 2009 Busan Asian Short Film Festival. This movie has also received many good reviews. This made many curious to see how many more talents she has. Regarding this, Goo Hye Sun said, “I have many more things to do and dreams to fulfil. If there is a chance, i hope to take up more challenges.”

구혜선씨 짱!! <3 ^^

Guest szac

Dear All,

Sorry for the commotion which started when I posted the news on Hye Sun being a drinker without translating it yesterday, I will be careful the next time... :(

Well, according to the Korean articles, it appears that LMH started the talk about GHS enjoying her drinks, but we know that reading zax translation, the Taiwan staff and GHS kind of started with a drinking game contest. She was having fun. From there I guess LMH made that statement in the articles. I guess things got a little out of hand. Anyway, if it does become an issue, I pray and hope that GHS handles it well and get some help from her YG agency. I remember she had to defend herself about the shoes used in BOF and other rumors. These reporters for the two articles are so frustrating because they really did not print everything and did not bother to check with the real person affected. They just twisted LMH's words. For example, it is my understanding that LMH and GHS left for Taiwan on June 1st but most reporters said they left on May 31st. That is a small example but it still is an example that they do not really care about the truth--perhaps just the sensation their article creates. Calling someone a habitual or regular drinker is vague and yet mostly very judgmental, especially they really did not bother getting to the truth.

Yes, I worry what may happen with all these publicity, yet I cannot help but laugh a bit about the whole thing. I remember Tablo stated in his interview with GHS that he and she know that she is not so innocent as she is portrayed in the media. Heck, I would rather she does not defend an image of herself that is only a make-believe or naive. No matter what, she is a warm, intelligent, creative, and heck of a tough person who happens to be a great actor and who can also hold her liquor better than most people. Hey she beat the Taiwan staff on the drinking game. Tablo also said that she and he are good friends for so long even though she is a female because she is like one of the guys. Well, basically she is beautiful and tough at the same time. Perhaps she needs to defend this new and developed image of herself --one who is tough, warm, and intelligent yet vulnerable with shyness and stage fright to combat still. I like it. What do you guys think? Somehow this makes me think about GHS and her annual tree ring. She is only 24 after all and she is developing---I hope in the way she wants and not be so bogged down by the pressures of the media.

I'm very sure YG will assist Hye sun if this issue is out of control. I think Hye sun just show her frankness side of her when she said alcohol is her friend and drink it to have some more confidence. Just like she reveal she put more weight in BOF in one of her interview. If Korean media still want to make her statement a big issue....they 're just out of idea to increase their sales. I noticed too that YG only backing Hye sun to clarify her two big scandals ; the first one with Kim ji hoon and the lattest with Minho. About the shoes controversy she herself cleared it up. Also she defends herself when some BOF fans criticized the poor written script at the few last episodes... she said she herself did'nt understand the role and stated that Jihoo only her soulmate nothing more than that .

About your little joke....I can give you my opinion but not here. You know what I mean right?

edit

Thanks for the news susAmerica. I love to read Gongjunim blog. I think she is a big fan of Hye sun.

Szac it's okay. WE as Hyesun's fanatic fan just concern about her.

Dear All,

Sorry for the commotion which started when I posted the news on Hye Sun being a drinker without translating it yesterday, I will be careful the next time... :(

Don't be sorry. We got great translators you included to clear it up. Really appreciates all the info shared!

HS is very frank and doesn't minced her words despite her shyness, the more I know about her, the more I admire her. Now...if only our girl will gift us with a present...a movie or drama! I know, I know she has so many things going on...but I love watching her on screen! I can even picture her now...with so many different hunky actors.

Guest F4fan

I saw this LMH's thread but I found it to be sweet and shows that GHS has fans in Taiwan too. There is more to the article but this was the important part.

credit to poster sara2908

news on the Taiwan promotion

Lee Min Ho feeds instant noodles to Taiwanese girl

Source : Chinatimes

translated by fewfew @ http://asianfanatics.net

On June 2nd, a fan meeting for Lee Min Ho and Koo Hye Sun was held at the living mall. Approximately three thousand fans crowded at the event. Fans screamed non-stop when Lee Min Ho fed a female fan some instant noodles and caringly wiped her mouth, which had green onions stuck on it. But the fan said after finishing her noodles, "I want to hug Koo Hye Sun," making Lee Min Ho speechless. Afterwards, when Lee Min Ho and Koo Hye Sun shook hands with 160 lucky fans, fans broke the barrier, which had been set up by the staff to guard the fans. As a result, the handshaking event was ended due to the accident.

to those who wants to watch GHS again in Literature with a voice (with sub)..

i think it will be shown on KBS world this week

this is the KBS weekly sched ...http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/schedule/weekly_schedule.html

jelita...i was up till 2am (Phil time)

ive seen the preview of the show with GHS in it

i was so sleepy that i was not able to watch it early this morning 4am.

i think it will be shown later tonight, just check sked

susamerica...from the article you posted about HS's art exhibition, it was mentioned to be held by end of this month. do you know accurate date of her exhibition such as from when until when. i'll be in seoul from 9-12 july so i hope i'll be able to go there.

vavavum....stated there it will be showed tonight at 12.40 am (KL, Malaysia time), but are you sure it was the one with HS on it? btw, it's ok...i just wait and watch it. thanks for the info.

Guest honeypia

I have faith in Hyesun and Minho that both are taking this issue lightly. They're good friends and I'm sure, just like the way they received their "scandal" months ago, this small issue is nothing to them.

We all know how Taiwanese media exaggerates alot. I believe we should just celebrate Hyesun and her success instead of channeling ourselves on this drinking issue.

By the way, thank you susamerica for the translated news of hyesun's forthcoming activities. Really appreciate it :)

I saw this LMH's thread but I found it to be sweet and shows that GHS has fans in Taiwan too. There is more to the article but this was the important part.

Yeah...it's so cute when the female fan wanted to hug Hye sun. Also I've read somewhere that said one taiwanesse fan said Hye sun is pretty and her skin complexion is so nice. I agree with her. I notice among korean actress....Song Hye Go, Go Ara and Lee Da Hae have the same snow white skin like Hye sun.

Guest ml_87

pls,

those antis, i'm sorry, but they could take any chance to bash. i would ignore them.

Sun is Sun.i'm sure her fans and most people know what kind of person she is. :)

---------

let's look forwards to her art exhibition :)

vavavum....stated there it will be showed tonight at 12.40 am (KL, Malaysia time), but are you sure it was the one with HS on it? btw, it's ok...i just wait and watch it. thanks for the info.

YES, Literature with a Voice showed HS yesterday... I had a quick look at it as I was very tired. I will check out tonight...KBS World at 12+ I think... Hopefully many of you can watch as it has english subtitles...

looking forward... :)

Btw, I got a feeling those rumours/scandal will not affect our HS in any way...

reason being HS has her goals, dreams, ambitions and I can see her focus on striving and heading towards them... each time, we can see a very different side of HS... amazing lady... i think we should all support her and look forward to her next work regardless music, drama, art instead... :)

Let's look at her upcoming events and wish her all the best! :)

from: http://gongjunim.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/...rks-exhibition/

thanks for this susAmerica clearly our HyeSun is on top of her league i can see that to her being an artist does not focus only in one thing which i find very inspirational, she's not afraid to try new things.... this line here strikes me alot “I have many more things to do and dreams to fulfil. If there is a chance, i hope to take up more challenges.” truly our HyeSun is one tough cookie never afraid of dreaming and expanding her knowledge as an artist and as a person

susAMERICA! Thanks for the translations! I highly appreciate it.

szac You don't have to burden yourself for bringing the article forward, you didn't mean any harm.now everything was cleared up already and i hope everyone's views,confusions and worries about hyesun is as well settled...

ml 87 you are right antis would never be erased in this lifetime, they are thriving and sucking everywhere..so, lets all think positively and try hard to ignore it, truth always prevail.

f4fan thanks for that wonderful piece of news.little things like that makes wonders..little mis communications can be blown out of proportion pretty bad.

Lets Celebrate Hyesun! through thick and thin our views about her and the way we knew her is what matters...♥